Marsbar

Mar 31, 2007
Nottinghamshire
UPDATE:
* Synced LineageOS sources
* March security patch level
* More detailed changelog

Download for Oneplus 5 or Oneplus 5T.
Dirty-flashed (cheeseburger) over the 0303 version and it now bootloops back to recovery :(

Edit: just realised it didn't redo the magisk patch at install, which it used to. I think I've probably broken something related to that.

Second edit: reinstalling magisk didn't help, but reinstalling gapps seems to have fixed it.

Last edited:

Marsbar

Mar 31, 2007
Nottinghamshire
Dirty-flashed (cheeseburger) over the 0303 version and it now bootloops back to recovery :(

Edit: just realised it didn't redo the magisk patch at install, which it used to. I think I've probably broken something related to that.

Second edit: reinstalling magisk didn't help, but reinstalling gapps seems to have fixed it.

Ever since this, Play Store has been stalling on downloads. I've tried every suggestion I can find on the web to fix (wipe cache, reinstall gapps, reinstall ROM, clearing play store's storage, clearing google's storage, clearing play services storage etc etc) but I'm getting nowhere. Is there a known fix for this or is the best option just a full wipe and clean install?

Edit: gave up and clean-flashed. Figured it was quicker than the amount of time I was wasting trying to sort it.

Last edited:

abby2919

Jul 9, 2015
Pune
Hi Members,
Please advise if this ROM can be my daily driver on OnePlus 5. I have already gone through comments but still want your opinion. My main usage are:
Microsoft work profile for organization apps
VPN
Banking and payments apps (India)

Pushkar2734

Jan 30, 2012
I've installed ROM Everything is Working Fine So fine,
But I tried installing Instagram and login into it shows
" Unkown Network Error has occurred "

Please Help in this !

Marsbar

Mar 31, 2007
Nottinghamshire
Hi Members,
Please advise if this ROM can be my daily driver on OnePlus 5. I have already gone through comments but still want your opinion. My main usage are:
Microsoft work profile for organization apps
VPN
Banking and payments apps (India)

The only way to know for sure would be to try it, sorry: I doubt if there are enough users running it yet (download page shows a couple of hundred) to be able to answer your specific question.

What I can tell you is I'm using it as a daily driver and those things work for me (although in the UK, not India), with Magisk+props plugin Google Pay works and the phone passes Safetynet.

Eric_Lev

Jan 27, 2019
Angers
androidfilehost.com
UPDATE:
* Fix USB file transfer
* Kernel: Merge tag 'LA.UM.9.2.r1-02500-SDMxx0.0' of https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/la/kernel/msm-4.4 into HEAD
* Removed some 30 mb of unused camera blobs
* Detailed changelog

Thank you for this new build !
About stock appp (my setup : latest unofficial LOS 18.1 - OP5T - Dirty flash from official LOS 17.1 - No root):
The sound recording is fine with the Camera app, but the recorded sound is very low with the Recorder app.
Is anyone else experiencing this problem?
Note:
- Cleaning the cache and storage of the Recorder app does not solve the problem.
- I don't have this issue with LOS 18.1 on OP3T.

kk131

Sep 8, 2007
Google Nexus 4
OnePlus One
The only way to know for sure would be to try it, sorry: I doubt if there are enough users running it yet (download page shows a couple of hundred) to be able to answer your specific question.

What I can tell you is I'm using it as a daily driver and those things work for me (although in the UK, not India), with Magisk+props plugin Google Pay works and the phone passes Safetynet.
Similar findings here, the ROM is very stable. I'm running banking & ewallet/shopping apps on it with the usual Magisk trickery.

Reactions: Marsbar

BracesForImpact

May 13, 2011
I finally found a ROM that has all the working features I want, but on this one only I cannot pass Safetycheck, I get Eval basic. I tried downloading the magiskhide config module, but when I try to enter the commands in terminal I get "permission denied" and I cannot get it to access root either. Am I missing something?

smadj11

Mar 23, 2014
I finally found a ROM that has all the working features I want, but on this one only I cannot pass Safetycheck, I get Eval basic. I tried downloading the magiskhide config module, but when I try to enter the commands in terminal I get "permission denied" and I cannot get it to access root either. Am I missing something?

1- Install Magisk
2- Install MagiskHide Props Config
2- Install terminal app
3- Open Terminal app & then type “su” and press Enter. This will grant Superuser Rights to the app.
4- Next, type “props” & press Enter.
5- Choose “Edit Device Fingerprint” ... type "1" & press Enter
6- Choose "Pick a certified fingerprint" ... type "f" press Enter
7- Choose "Oneplus" ... type "21" press Enter
8- Choose "6" for "OnePlus 5"
9- Choose "Android version 10" ... type "3" press Enter
10- If you have followed everything above & selected the right options, type "y" & press Enter ...
11- Type "y" & press Enter ... Now, your device will reboot.

Reactions: tsabi

telekenetix

Aug 12, 2010
Maryland
Ever since this, Play Store has been stalling on downloads. I've tried every suggestion I can find on the web to fix (wipe cache, reinstall gapps, reinstall ROM, clearing play store's storage, clearing google's storage, clearing play services storage etc etc) but I'm getting nowhere. Is there a known fix for this or is the best option just a full wipe and clean install?

Edit: gave up and clean-flashed. Figured it was quicker than the amount of time I was wasting trying to sort it.
I am having this same issue. I think it has to do with Magisk v22. When it is updating, it will find the Magisk addon.d script and run it, but it complains that it can't find the Magisk Manager APK and it then fails to path the boot image. I have the Magisk APK in the same folder as the Lineage update .zip and I also have it in my top-level /sdcard directory and I also have it copied using the new "renaming to Magisk.zip", but it still complains that it can't find that APK.

I have tried the 03-08-2021 Lineage and the 03-16-2021 updates and I have the same problem with both. What ends up happening is the update succeeds, then it runs addon.d for NikGapps, which looks fine. Then it runs addon.d for Magisk, which reports the failure to find the Magisk APK, but seems to work otherwise.

When I boot after the update (dirty flash), it fails to get to System. It will bootloop into recovery mode.

What fixes it for me is that I reflash the ROM update, then NikGapps, then Magisk. Then it will boot just fine.
When I do it this way the second time, NikGapps no longer has any addon.d that happens as it does in the first dirty flash.

BracesForImpact

May 13, 2011
1- Install Magisk
2- Install MagiskHide Props Config
2- Install terminal app
3- Open Terminal app & then type “su” and press Enter. This will grant Superuser Rights to the app.
4- Next, type “props” & press Enter.
5- Choose “Edit Device Fingerprint” ... type "1" & press Enter
6- Choose "Pick a certified fingerprint" ... type "f" press Enter
7- Choose "Oneplus" ... type "21" press Enter
8- Choose "6" for "OnePlus 5"
9- Choose "Android version 10" ... type "3" press Enter
10- If you have followed everything above & selected the right options, type "y" & press Enter ...
11- Type "y" & press Enter ... Now, your device will reboot.
Terminal says "Access denied". Despite which commands I use, even SU.

brianyz

Dec 16, 2015
For some reasons the screen is sometimes powered on when it shouldn't. Like if the phone is put on a table for several minutes the screen will be powered on like someone touched it. This "issue" appeared after the latest update (dirty flash).
Anyone having any issue like this one with the latest update?

I'm going to try BBS just in case one app is doing weird things
This happens to me too in crDroid 7 and Lineage 18. But this worked for me, only Settings > Display > Styles and Wallpaper. Make a change to styles and save, then revert back to a custom one.
Random screen Power on.

Top Liked Posts

I am unable to pass safety net test.. It says CTS PROFILE MISMATCH. how to pass safety net test.

Also netflix not available in play store. Seems more like device certification issue due to custom rom... Any idea...

Edit 1 - got safety net test passed, but play store still has device not certified and netflix not compatible with your device.
    Play Store certified state sometime gets stuck. Try clearing data (not just cache) for Play Store and that usually solves the issue. You won't loose anything apart from changed settings inside that app.
    LineageOS 18.1 is now released for officially supported devices:
    Upgrade guide from official to official: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/cheeseburger/upgrade
    Upgrade guide from unofficial to official:
    - Wipe data
    - Install LineageOS & GAPPS

Unsupported method:
    Migration tools by Codeworkx: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=254680 (Unofficial->Official, Official->Unofficial)
    - Flash before updating
    - Read more: https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html#test-keys-to-official-or-vice-versa

NOTE: If you previously had any Google Apps add-on package installed on your device, you must install an updated package before the first boot of Android! If you did not have Google Apps installed, you must wipe the Data partition (or perform a factory reset) to install them.
    Today after my cheeseburger was connected to the charger for hours and did not charge at all I discovered this message "Plugged in, can't charge at the moment":View attachment 5278115

I'm on 18.1 for a few days now. Never saw such a message before. I rebooted the phone whithout disconnecting the charger and now it Dash-charged nicely. That is why I think the cause of this strange behaviour is in the OS.
    Anyone else?

Same here. Happened three times since I'm on 18.1. In all three occurences I plugged in the charger directly after I had a usb audio dac connected while using the usb audio player pro app. I use this dac and app regularly and normally the phone charges fine afterwards, so not sure if there is any relation.

For the rest very happy with 18.1!
    Issue was caused by CAF change in kernel a while back.
    It should be fixed in next weekly.
    UPDATE:
    * Experimental: Revisited LED based vibrator driver, seems to work better now
    * Don't build Wifi driver as debug version
    * Detailed changelog

UPDATE:
    * Experimental: Removed Oneplus USB driver changes - this fixes and adds more features for USB HAL
    * LED based haptics are here to stay
    * Detailed changelog

LineageOS 18.1 is now released for officially supported devices:
    Upgrade guide from official to official: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/cheeseburger/upgrade
    Upgrade guide from unofficial to official:
    - Wipe data
    - Install LineageOS & GAPPS

Unsupported method:
    Migration tools by Codeworkx: https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=254680 (Unofficial->Official, Official->Unofficial)
    - Flash before updating
    - Read more: https://wiki.lineageos.org/signing_builds.html#test-keys-to-official-or-vice-versa

NOTE: If you previously had any Google Apps add-on package installed on your device, you must install an updated package before the first boot of Android! If you did not have Google Apps installed, you must wipe the Data partition (or perform a factory reset) to install them.
    UPDATE:
    * EAS is here to stay
    * Upstreamed kernel to 4.4.258
    * More detailed changelog

UPDATE:
    * Fix USB file transfer
    * Kernel: Merge tag 'LA.UM.9.2.r1-02500-SDMxx0.0' of https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/la/kernel/msm-4.4 into HEAD
    * Removed some 30 mb of unused camera blobs
    * Detailed changelog

2okPze5.png

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

HOW TO INSTALL LINEAGEOS:
    - Official instructions
    - In short: sideload in Lineage recovery (suggested) / flash in TWRP

HOW TO UPDATE LINEAGEOS:
    - Download update from Updater app
    - Install update

DOWNLOADS:
    LineageOS 17.1: Official Oneplus 5, Official Oneplus 5T
    Google Apps: MindTheGapps
    Recovery: Suggested: Lineage recovery for Oneplus 5, Oneplus 5T | Alternative: TWRP

DEVELOPER RESOURCES
    LineageOS source code:
    - https://github.com/LineageOS
    Device tree:
    - android_device_oneplus_cheeseburger
    - android_device_oneplus_dumpling
    - android_device_oneplus_msm8998-common
    Kernel:
    - android_kernel_oneplus_msm8998

Android version: Android 11
    Kernel version: Linux 4.4.y
    Required firmware: OxygenOS 10.0.1 (shipped with ROM, no need to install manually)

Telegram group: https://t.me/los_op5
    Today after my cheeseburger was connected to the charger for hours and did not charge at all I discovered this message "Plugged in, can't charge at the moment":View attachment 5278115

I'm on 18.1 for a few days now. Never saw such a message before. I rebooted the phone whithout disconnecting the charger and now it Dash-charged nicely. That is why I think the cause of this strange behaviour is in the OS.
    Anyone else?

Same here. Happened three times since I'm on 18.1. In all three occurences I plugged in the charger directly after I had a usb audio dac connected while using the usb audio player pro app. I use this dac and app regularly and normally the phone charges fine afterwards, so not sure if there is any relation.

For the rest very happy with 18.1!
    Issue was caused by CAF change in kernel a while back.
    It should be fixed in next weekly.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone