[EOL][11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS 18.1 for Oneplus 5 & 5T

• Thread starter Deleted member 7280252
  • Start date
Search This thread

tobby88

Jul 4, 2012
Hanover
OnePlus 5
I'm noticing an IPv6 problem over WiFi. My home LAN has a Tunnelbroker IPv6 prefix. The router broadcasts a Route Avertisement (RA) packet every 30 seconds. All the other v6 enabled devices on my LAN are picking it up, including other Android devices on 9 and 10.

This device, OP5T (dumpling) on 18.1 picks up the advertisement and an IPv6 address when it connects to the WiFi, but then drops it after about 30 seconds. This used to work under 17.1, but it seems to have stopped since I upgraded.

Of course, my LTE network interface is picking up its IPv6 assignment and holding it, so its not platform-wide. That other Androids are also working has me thinking its the new wifi stack on the 5t.

Any suggestions on where to look next?

edit to add: I just noticed the WiFi advanced screen refreshes real time, and that the IPv6 addresses are appearing for 30 seconds, disappearing for 10 seconds, and then reappearing. I looke at the firewall rules for IPv6 and I see some odd terms that seem to drop packets talking to the prefix picked up thru RA. Is this intended?

I thought the reason of my IPv6-problems has to be somewhere in my complex setup (multi-WAN), but after reading your post I may recheck it - maybe it's a problem of the OnePlus 5, not of my setup.

IPv6 works on my PCs, but only for a while on my OnePlus 5. Longer than 30s, but shorter than a day. I do check it by going to www.ipv6-test.com. After a while IPv6 addresses are still shown in my Wifi-settings but ipv6-test and all IPv6-traffic is not working anymore. Reconnecting to the wifi network doesn't change anything, only a reboot helps. But this existed in LOS 17.1, too, not only 18.1.

I can't check IPv6 via LTE, my network provider doesn't offer IPv6 over LTE :(

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
I finally upgraded to 18.1 from LineageOS 16 and am very happy with it.
The only thing I can't find is how to turn off the capacitive buttons' backlight.
Can anyone enlighten me (pun intended)?
That option is not there in the current builds. I don't know if someone is working on it or not but there are work around it. Check out my earlier post and let us know if this fixes things.

Actual script that I have if this helps you more.

Bash:
#!/system/bin/sh

echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/button-backlight/max_brightness

NazuNalika

Jun 30, 2014
During the 17.1 release, I ran into a weird issue with file permissions or something else entirely. I figured in this 18.1 release, that would get fixed (or even a full wipe + data wipe just to start clean) but it didn't. So basically what's happening is:
  • Screenshots do not show up at the top of the list in the gallery
  • Pictures sometimes taken with the camera do not show up properly or show at the bottom of the list
  • Gallery doesn't update half the time
  • Timestamp of files are 1969 until I reboot (this is for all files, not just images)
My way around this (if you can call it a workaround) is I have to reboot. But that seems a little too much when I have to reboot constantly just to address that problem. I tried wiping cache, dalvik. I even went nuclear and wiped everything plus data to get a clean slate, and I still have the same problem.

I don't know if it's a rom problem or what, but would anyone have a solution to this?

herishere

Apr 25, 2018
I finally upgraded to 18.1 from LineageOS 16 and am very happy with it.
The only thing I can't find is how to turn off the capacitive buttons' backlight.
Can anyone enlighten me (pun intended)?

Hi, just wondering, what was your upgrade process from Lineage 16?

I'm considering upgrading (OP5) but I don't want to wipe the data partition (just laziness). I wonder if this would work starting from official Lineage16, opengapps, and Magisk (which I think I can uninstall first):

0. Do a good backup of everything from the latest TWRP
1. Download the latest Lineage image and the recommented gapps (Mindthegapps right now it seems), plus Magisk.
2. Flash those packages in that order
3. Reboot and celebrate?

I think that process should be fine because I have previous GApps installed, but I haven't found time to spend on this, moreover if the process goes badly and I need to troubleshoot anything.

Thanks!

D

Deleted member 7280252

During the 17.1 release, I ran into a weird issue with file permissions or something else entirely. I figured in this 18.1 release, that would get fixed (or even a full wipe + data wipe just to start clean) but it didn't. So basically what's happening is:
  • Screenshots do not show up at the top of the list in the gallery
  • Pictures sometimes taken with the camera do not show up properly or show at the bottom of the list
  • Gallery doesn't update half the time
  • Timestamp of files are 1969 until I reboot (this is for all files, not just images)
My way around this (if you can call it a workaround) is I have to reboot. But that seems a little too much when I have to reboot constantly just to address that problem. I tried wiping cache, dalvik. I even went nuclear and wiped everything plus data to get a clean slate, and I still have the same problem.

I don't know if it's a rom problem or what, but would anyone have a solution to this?
What are your permissions at /storage/emulated/0/Pictures/Screenshots and /storage/emulated/0/DCIM?

djlooka

Sep 15, 2011
desperatenerd.wordpress.com
Hi, just wondering, what was your upgrade process from Lineage 16?

I'm considering upgrading (OP5) but I don't want to wipe the data partition (just laziness). I wonder if this would work starting from official Lineage16, opengapps, and Magisk (which I think I can uninstall first):

0. Do a good backup of everything from the latest TWRP
1. Download the latest Lineage image and the recommented gapps (Mindthegapps right now it seems), plus Magisk.
2. Flash those packages in that order
3. Reboot and celebrate?

I think that process should be fine because I have previous GApps installed, but I haven't found time to spend on this, moreover if the process goes badly and I need to troubleshoot anything.

Thanks!
I just backed up my data "by hand" and wiped everything while installing LineageOS 18.1.

I even switched from TWRP to LineageOS recovery in the process.
I came from no Gapps + Magisk (mostly for AdAway), but want to give the vanilla experience a try (e.g. still no Gapps, but also no Magisk/root).

diziet_sma

Feb 19, 2015
It is taking minutes to save a playlist of 800 odd mp3s, the same to delete the playlist, sometimes the music app craps out and hasn't saved or deleted. If the music app doesn't crash then it hangs.
This is on a second clean install of 18.1 on my oneplus5, as it was happening before and I wondered if it was because I did a ditry flash.

diziet

getjayu

I am unable to pass safety net test.. It says CTS PROFILE MISMATCH. how to pass safety net test.

Also netflix not available in play store. Seems more like device certification issue due to custom rom... Any idea...

Edit 1 - got safety net test passed, but play store still has device not certified and netflix not compatible with your device.

Last edited:

herishere

Apr 25, 2018
I just backed up my data "by hand" and wiped everything while installing LineageOS 18.1.

I even switched from TWRP to LineageOS recovery in the process.
I came from no Gapps + Magisk (mostly for AdAway), but want to give the vanilla experience a try (e.g. still no Gapps, but also no Magisk/root).
Nice, thanks for answering!

stankyou

Dec 20, 2010
Huawei Nexus 6P
OnePlus 5T

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210418-105350_Settings_Suggestions.png
    Screenshot_20210418-105350_Settings_Suggestions.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Screenshot_20210418-105405_Pixel_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20210418-105405_Pixel_Launcher.png
    165 KB · Views: 41

flowerpatch

Apr 18, 2021
I am unable to pass safety net test.. It says CTS PROFILE MISMATCH. how to pass safety net test.

Also netflix not available in play store. Seems more like device certification issue due to custom rom... Any idea...

Edit 1 - got safety net test passed, but play store still has device not certified and netflix not compatible with your device.
I can't even get basicIntegrity to pass yet.. Can I ask, did you do anything special or just enable magisk hide? I flashed the lineage rom and then realized it was rooted and flashed the addonsu-remove zip, now root checker says "not rooted" when magisk-hidden yet safetynet still doesn't like it..

madman

Apr 21, 2011
Planet Earth
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
I can't even get basicIntegrity to pass yet.. Can I ask, did you do anything special or just enable magisk hide? I flashed the lineage rom and then realized it was rooted and flashed the addonsu-remove zip, now root checker says "not rooted" when magisk-hidden yet safetynet still doesn't like it..
Are you using Magisk's built in verifier for SafetyNet? If so you should know it's been broken (Due to expired API key) and you need to use third party app until there is new version for Magisk.

Also there are steps in this thread somewhere on how to spoof the device signature using Magisk Config module and get SafetyNet passing.

Top Liked Posts