• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS-18.1 [PL2/DRG]

Search This thread

theimpulson

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
QaU8wTGXdFOb7hmyt9jnICrvdYfmO34aBM8qereCzyJCs4_LeN3AorUvGRjK6g0gljrnHGd_zlEfI2ug3JFbYh0jhiudkLT4qGqOK-Xf5YnBfeSMkFPZinfWlStX81TRTb7I55SmJYA

About LineageOS
LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Ten) which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo and if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website

Downloads Links
Nokia 6.1 (PL2)
Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG)

Google Applications (optional) :
Google apps (11.0, arm64)
Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating

LineageOS clean install :

- Follow the instructions at Official Wiki (Choose your device to see instructions)

About the builds
- Device Side Sources are on official LineageOS org

Issues and reports
- Report issues only if you use the ROM kernel
- If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
- Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
- Share a log of the error and steps to reproduce it

LineageOS is available for PL2 also thanks to :
- Google (AOSP)
- The LineageOS Team
- CodeAurora Forums

Beta Testing Telegram Group | Not required but donations are welcome: Paypal

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS-18.0, ROM for the Nokia 6.1 (2018)

Contributors
theimpulson, npjohnson
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nokia_sdm660

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest stock firmware
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 18.0
Stable Release Date: 2020-10-17

Created 2020-10-16
Last Updated 2020-11-12

Last edited:

theimpulson

Staff member
Don't report bugs related:
  • to CTS failures (LineageOS does not tamper with CTS results)
  • with Magisk (It sets a number of props on boot like changing build type to the user resulting in broken adb root etc)
  • with Custom Kernel, MODs (Report that to MOD maintainer)
  • with non-recommended recovery, vendor or builds (Use what is told in the wiki)

How to report bugs?
  • Describe how to reproduce your issue, provide a logcat, or dmesg or console-ramoops as required

Last edited:
Reactions: LuminousMazim
Dec 14, 2018
Bengaluru
Sound is (too?) loud

I have noticed that on both this and the Official LOS 17.1, sounds from the media, alarm and ring/notification streams play pretty loudly, louder that the stock firmware. And when I compared the /vendor/etc/audio_policy_volumes.xml and the /vendor/etc/default_volume_tables.xml files with those of the stock firmware, I did notice that for the three streams I mentioned, the values for the volumes were indeed higher than stock.
I have no expertise on the subject, so I am asking you: is this okay for the phone's speakers, or will they be under too much strain?
And, another implication is that there are times when I find even the lowest volume for my alarm too loud.

Anyway, I edited the files on my phone to use the values in the stock firmware (attached below). But I just thought I should report here.

PS: Out of curiosity, I tried to find /vendor/etc/audio_policy_volumes.xml and /vendor/etc/default_volume_tables.xml on the nokia_PL2 and nokia_sdm660-common device trees on the HyperTeam GitHub, but I couldn't find them. Where are they? Are they extracted by extract-files.sh?
I hope I'm not being a nuisance:p

Last edited:

theimpulson

Staff member
I have noticed that on both this and the Official LOS 17.1, sounds from the media, alarm and ring/notification streams play pretty loudly, louder that the stock firmware. And when I compared the /vendor/etc/audio_policy_volumes.xml and the /vendor/etc/default_volume_tables.xml files with those of the stock firmware, I did notice that for the three streams I mentioned, the values for the volumes were indeed higher than stock.
I have no expertise on the subject, so I am asking you: is this okay for the phone's speakers, or will they be under too much strain?
And, another implication is that there are times when I find even the lowest volume for my alarm too loud.

Anyway, I edited the files on my phone to use the values in the stock firmware (attached below). But I just thought I should report here.

PS: Out of curiosity, I tried to find /vendor/etc/audio_policy_volumes.xml and /vendor/etc/default_volume_tables.xml on the nokia_PL2 and nokia_sdm660-common device trees on the HyperTeam GitHub, but I couldn't find them. Where are they? Are they extracted by extract-files.sh?
I hope I'm not being a nuisance:p

Turn off AudioFX

Rythven

Dec 21, 2013
Issue on both LOS 17 and 18 with Tachiyomi and Clover/Kuroba (image viewing apps). Maybe has something to do with scaling/dpi.
Tachiyomi will not load the image scale correctly.
Clover loading of full quality doesn't work , the image disappears and breaks the swiping feature.

theimpulson

Staff member
Issue on both LOS 17 and 18 with Tachiyomi and Clover/Kuroba (image viewing apps). Maybe has something to do with scaling/dpi.
Tachiyomi will not load the image scale correctly.
Clover loading of full quality doesn't work , the image disappears and breaks the swiping feature.

I am aware of the issue as I use Tachiyomi too. Can't spot what's wrong, so probably they will remain broken for a while. I will try to fix but no promises.

conite

Apr 4, 2017

I was following the instructions at Lineage for a clean install. When instructed to install a recovery image, I assumed the boot.img provided with your package was that recovery image. After flashing it, the phone won't boot and both fastboot mode and recovery mode seem inaccessible. Any help?

theimpulson

Staff member
I was following the instructions at Lineage for a clean install. When instructed to install a recovery image, I assumed the boot.img provided with your package was that recovery image. After flashing it, the phone won't boot and both fastboot mode and recovery mode seem inaccessible. Any help?

That sounds weird, shouldn't happen unless you did something wrong. I suggest try this TWRP: https://github.com/HyperTeam/android_device_nokia_PL2/releases/download/20201016/twrp-3.3.1-PL2.img

conite

Apr 4, 2017
That sounds weird, shouldn't happen unless you did something wrong. I suggest try this TWRP: https://github.com/HyperTeam/android_device_nokia_PL2/releases/download/20201016/twrp-3.3.1-PL2.img
Thanks. I installed the latest LineageOS 18.

But for the life of me, I can't get gapps to install.

Using twrp, I format/wipe, flash lineage.zip, then gapps.zip, then clear the dalvik cache. Then boot.

Am I missing something?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

theimpulson

Staff member
Thanks. I installed the latest LineageOS 18.

But for the life of me, I can't get gapps to install.

Using twrp, I format/wipe, flash lineage.zip, then gapps.zip, then clear the dalvik cache. Then boot.

Am I missing something?

After flashing lineage.zip, rwboot back to bootloader, change slot to other one, reboot to recovery and install gapps.zip then. TWRP doesn't changes slot automatically like LineageOS recovery.

conite

Apr 4, 2017
After flashing lineage.zip, rwboot back to bootloader, change slot to other one, reboot to recovery and install gapps.zip then. TWRP doesn't changes slot automatically like LineageOS recovery.

That did the trick. I've never dealt with a A/B scenario before, which has caused all of my problems.

I guess the current Gapps for Android 11 is not really ready yet. Sign in is a bit wonky with some apps.

Last edited:

Nikonab

Jun 2, 2017
Курган
Nokia 6.1
can it update itself?

Great job done, I hope there will be support?
How the firmware update process works. Where can I read more?:good:

Or do you need to flash everything again as soon as a new version appears?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG) is now also officially supported and this thread will be used for the same as well. Downloads will be up within a week (whenever the bot generates the build). Sources are also on the official organization in case someone wants to build himself.

Edit: DRG wiki link: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/DRG
    Are we getting lineage 19 ?
    Work on it has just started. I will wait till the ROM source is ready to be built without any issues. Oh but we will, it is possible for sure.
    Hi @theimpulson, I tell you that I have been using your version of android 11 (LineageOS 18.1) for more than two months, the performance reminds me of the manufacturer's android 8, really spectacular.
    I never thought that in android 11 it would have the similar performance in the call of duty mobile game when I was using that version of the manufacturer at that time, this shows that by optimizing an android version very well, the device can regain its performance with the version that came from the factory (at that time, android 8).
    It is incredible how poorly optimized the manufacturer's version of android 10 was (latest version, in which I had the opportunity to try the latest update, leaving the performance in nothing, a really poor and disappointing performance) on this device.
    -Apart from the bad experience of android 10 by the manufacturer, I have to congratulate you again for the really incredible work @theimpulson for giving a new life to this device in question, in a nutshell friend, you are a great programmer :D. Thank you very much again for continuing to give life to this device, you can see the great effort that you have put into the Nokia 6.1 (2018) to achieve excellent performance in a device that has been on the market for some time.
    -Related to the errors that I have found, the only problem that has been presented to me is the screen recorder that stopped recording the internal audio (problem that I notified in GitLab), hopefully it will be solved in this update that will come out in a few more hours .
    -By how the situation looks, it is possible that the device performs very well the version of android 12 and even up to version 13, although if said version requests more ram, it is possible to migrate to versions in GO edition and with This maybe the device can support up to 3 more versions.

Excuse me @theimpulson for my English again, it's not very good :(
    Hi @theimpulson, I tell you that I have been using your version of android 11 (LineageOS 18.1) for more than two months, the performance reminds me of the manufacturer's android 8, really spectacular.
    I never thought that in android 11 it would have the similar performance in the call of duty mobile game when I was using that version of the manufacturer at that time, this shows that by optimizing an android version very well, the device can regain its performance with the version that came from the factory (at that time, android 8).
    It is incredible how poorly optimized the manufacturer's version of android 10 was (latest version, in which I had the opportunity to try the latest update, leaving the performance in nothing, a really poor and disappointing performance) on this device.
    -Apart from the bad experience of android 10 by the manufacturer, I have to congratulate you again for the really incredible work @theimpulson for giving a new life to this device in question, in a nutshell friend, you are a great programmer :D. Thank you very much again for continuing to give life to this device, you can see the great effort that you have put into the Nokia 6.1 (2018) to achieve excellent performance in a device that has been on the market for some time.
    -Related to the errors that I have found, the only problem that has been presented to me is the screen recorder that stopped recording the internal audio (problem that I notified in GitLab), hopefully it will be solved in this update that will come out in a few more hours .
    -By how the situation looks, it is possible that the device performs very well the version of android 12 and even up to version 13, although if said version requests more ram, it is possible to migrate to versions in GO edition and with This maybe the device can support up to 3 more versions.

Excuse me @theimpulson for my English again, it's not very good :(
    Performance & optimizatation of this rom is easily noticable from stock one...iam using most of roms from my another devices also but no one is making better than this... @theimpulson work is really great & appreciatable....
    -Hi @theimpulson, thank you very much for the implementation of high speed MicroSD adoptable storage.

1633401675313.png
    What a great news...

Query, by chance you have to perform some type of additional procedure, such as making a mount or it is not necessary.

how about this great news @warchild98, @gouthamram.
    QaU8wTGXdFOb7hmyt9jnICrvdYfmO34aBM8qereCzyJCs4_LeN3AorUvGRjK6g0gljrnHGd_zlEfI2ug3JFbYh0jhiudkLT4qGqOK-Xf5YnBfeSMkFPZinfWlStX81TRTb7I55SmJYA

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Ten) which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo and if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website

Downloads Links
    Nokia 6.1 (PL2)
    Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG)

Google Applications (optional) :
    Google apps (11.0, arm64)
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating

LineageOS clean install :

- Follow the instructions at Official Wiki (Choose your device to see instructions)

About the builds
    - Device Side Sources are on official LineageOS org

Issues and reports
    - Report issues only if you use the ROM kernel
    - If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    - Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    - Share a log of the error and steps to reproduce it

LineageOS is available for PL2 also thanks to :
    - Google (AOSP)
    - The LineageOS Team
    - CodeAurora Forums

Beta Testing Telegram Group | Not required but donations are welcome: Paypal

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS-18.0, ROM for the Nokia 6.1 (2018)

Contributors
    theimpulson, npjohnson
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nokia_sdm660

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest stock firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 18.0
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-17

Created 2020-10-16
    Last Updated 2020-11-12
    Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG) is now also officially supported and this thread will be used for the same as well. Downloads will be up within a week (whenever the bot generates the build). Sources are also on the official organization in case someone wants to build himself.

Edit: DRG wiki link: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/DRG
    Official builds will start rolling out soon. 1st post has been updated as required. The changelog can be seen here. Bug reports for the same are welcome on the official issue tracker.
    Are we getting lineage 19 ?
    Work on it has just started. I will wait till the ROM source is ready to be built without any issues. Oh but we will, it is possible for sure.
    Well..I just upgraded from 17.1 to 18.1 and all I can say is: This rom rocks!
    This is actually better than 17.1, especially the perfomance, battery life and camera quality (even tho I use Google Camera app from playstore).
    I really like the recent apps UI, it looks great and the fact that you can screenshot apps individualy makes it even better.
    I'm impressed.
    Gotta test it more