• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS-18.1 [PL2/DRG]

Search This thread

warchild98

Nov 27, 2015
-Hi @theimpulson, thank you very much for the implementation of high speed MicroSD adoptable storage.

View attachment 5425647What a great news...

Query, by chance you have to perform some type of additional procedure, such as making a mount or it is not necessary.

how about this great news @warchild98, @gouthamram.
Not worth it since data corruption might occur. Btw, I'm using an 128GB SD card. I am storing most of my data on this SD card tho. But still, the latest update improved performance a little bit. I don't use adoptable storage since I don't need this feature.

LuminousMazim

Dec 25, 2014
Hello thank you for, finally bring the Official LOS to DRG Nokia 6.1+ ! I have some bug with the first build, is a minor one (some not so minor) but i hope it's easy enough to included a fix in the next build.

- Battery stats not working, it just show "Battery data isn't available."
- Microphone in call is not working (need inspect a bit more) one time i got call they can't hear my voice. Microphone outside call worked fine as recording app. I suspect this tied with OK Google feature since i remember back in some ROM disabled this feature make the mic working.

- Fingerprint Device is Pixel 5, I don't know this is a bug probably intentional. But i found a bit weird about this. Almost all A11 DRG rom have Pixel 5 fingerprint on it. But why? Specially on Offical LOS which doesn't get the benefit of Pixel feature like other "Pixel like" rom. Not complaining just a bit curious why. My bad read an old email

EDIT: Want to added point but didnt want to spam more post.

Last edited:

Cellulario

Jul 16, 2007
I'd like to report that flashlight doesn't work with any third party camera. It works with the default camera app but it doesn't with other apps such as Open Camera and Google Camera. Can you please fix this? I flashed the latest build from LineageOS website, I assume this thread is the same. I did a clean flash from scratch formatting everything.

theimpulson

Forum Moderator / Recognized Dev / Dev Relations
Staff member
I'd like to report that flashlight doesn't work with any third party camera. It works with the default camera app but it doesn't with other apps such as Open Camera and Google Camera. Can you please fix this? I flashed the latest build from LineageOS website, I assume this thread is the same. I did a clean flash from scratch formatting everything.
Please provide logcat captured while reproducing the issue

Cellulario

Jul 16, 2007
Please provide logcat captured while reproducing the issue
Thanks for your quick reply. The camera works just fine it's just that when I have flashlight enable, either automatic or always-on the flashlight doens't do anything, no flash. I attach here the log while I am taking a foto with open camera with flashlight on (which didn't work) No error message just this "LightsService: Light requested not available on this device. 2"

Cellulario

Jul 16, 2007
Thanks for your quick reply. The camera works just fine it's just that when I have flashlight enable, either automatic or always-on the flashlight doens't do anything, no flash. I attach here the log while I am taking a foto with open camera with flashlight on (which didn't work) No error message just this "LightsService: Light requested not available on this device. 2"
sorry for double post I couldn't attach the log file

Cellulario

Jul 16, 2007
Why the camera always as some kind of HDR effect on phtos even if I disable it, I tried lineage os camera, google camera and open camera. HDR crappy effect is always there no matter what :-( Is it a bug you can fix or is it Android itself?

Cellulario

Jul 16, 2007
@theimpulson here is a detailed list of the anomalies I found.

Lineage os camera works fine
Any other camera app has problems, I tried: Google Camera, Open camera and FV-5:

1) Flashlight doesn't light up, neither in auto nor is forced
2) Open camera with alternative flash algorithm can trigger the flash only if always-on and it's not in synch with the shutter so it is useless
3) Photos always seem to have the nasty HDR effect (I wonder how people can use it)

I attach the full logcat where first I take a photo with Lineage camera, where flashlight works, and secondly with open camera, where flashlight doesn't.

I also attach a photo where you can see the ugly HDR effect despite it was disable everywhere
IMG_20211107_145437.jpg

Reactions: theimpulson

XAedgeS

Jan 19, 2017
Hello, I would like to report a bug about mic or so.
If I join a Discord channel voice , the device will just freeze (like volume button will not recognized, or I cannot kill any app completely, etc), then straight up crash the whole system (throw me to the boot logo, which will stay there indefinitely until force restart by holding down power button). Also it's not a hit or miss, every single time I did that it crashed the system too.
Any other app like Facebook Messenger, Telegram, or normal phone call all work well.

XAedgeS

Jan 19, 2017
Shoot, I forgot to attach log, the log for upper problem is here. I log it start at when I open Discord until the phone crashed to bootloop.
Log

Jann F

Jan 13, 2012
Earth
Samsung Galaxy S6
OnePlus 2
@theimpulson thanks for your work!

I have a problem with the recovery as I only get a black screen after booting to it.
I already opened an issue on the Lineage gitlab and put some dmesgs in there.

There seems to be different display revisions for PL2 and the dsi kernel module in the lineage recovery throws stack traces and timeouts.

Maybe you can have a look into it?
I have two devices that behave exactly the same.

Jann F

Jan 13, 2012
Earth
Samsung Galaxy S6
OnePlus 2
@theimpulson thanks for your work!

I have a problem with the recovery as I only get a black screen after booting to it.
I already opened an issue on the Lineage gitlab and put some dmesgs in there.

There seems to be different display revisions for PL2 and the dsi kernel module in the lineage recovery throws stack traces and timeouts.

Maybe you can have a look into it?
I have two devices that behave exactly the same.

Ping, maybe @npjohnson could have a look into it since he's listed as maintainer too?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    @theimpulson here is a detailed list of the anomalies I found.

Lineage os camera works fine
    Any other camera app has problems, I tried: Google Camera, Open camera and FV-5:

1) Flashlight doesn't light up, neither in auto nor is forced
    2) Open camera with alternative flash algorithm can trigger the flash only if always-on and it's not in synch with the shutter so it is useless
    3) Photos always seem to have the nasty HDR effect (I wonder how people can use it)

I attach the full logcat where first I take a photo with Lineage camera, where flashlight works, and secondly with open camera, where flashlight doesn't.

I also attach a photo where you can see the ugly HDR effect despite it was disable everywhere
    IMG_20211107_145437.jpg
    QaU8wTGXdFOb7hmyt9jnICrvdYfmO34aBM8qereCzyJCs4_LeN3AorUvGRjK6g0gljrnHGd_zlEfI2ug3JFbYh0jhiudkLT4qGqOK-Xf5YnBfeSMkFPZinfWlStX81TRTb7I55SmJYA

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Ten) which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo and if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website

Downloads Links
    Nokia 6.1 (PL2)
    Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG)

Google Applications (optional) :
    Google apps (11.0, arm64)
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating

LineageOS clean install :

- Follow the instructions at Official Wiki (Choose your device to see instructions)

About the builds
    - Device Side Sources are on official LineageOS org

Issues and reports
    - Report issues only if you use the ROM kernel
    - If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    - Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    - Share a log of the error and steps to reproduce it

LineageOS is available for PL2 also thanks to :
    - Google (AOSP)
    - The LineageOS Team
    - CodeAurora Forums

Beta Testing Telegram Group | Not required but donations are welcome: Paypal

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS-18.0, ROM for the Nokia 6.1 (2018)

Contributors
    theimpulson, npjohnson
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nokia_sdm660

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest stock firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 18.0
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-17

Created 2020-10-16
    Last Updated 2020-11-12
    Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG) is now also officially supported and this thread will be used for the same as well. Downloads will be up within a week (whenever the bot generates the build). Sources are also on the official organization in case someone wants to build himself.

Edit: DRG wiki link: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/DRG
    Are we getting lineage 19 ?
    Work on it has just started. I will wait till the ROM source is ready to be built without any issues. Oh but we will, it is possible for sure.
    Official builds will start rolling out soon. 1st post has been updated as required. The changelog can be seen here. Bug reports for the same are welcome on the official issue tracker.
    Well..I just upgraded from 17.1 to 18.1 and all I can say is: This rom rocks!
    This is actually better than 17.1, especially the perfomance, battery life and camera quality (even tho I use Google Camera app from playstore).
    I really like the recent apps UI, it looks great and the fact that you can screenshot apps individualy makes it even better.
    I'm impressed.
    Gotta test it more