[CLOSED][ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] LineageOS-18.1 [PL2/DRG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Manowarrior

Aug 3, 2021
Well, I'm back where I started: TA-1050 in a boot-loop. I was using it in the rain, and it went rapidly downhill to this condition. Having dried it out, I can get it running in Fastboot mode, or in a blank-screen Recovery mode.

I had previously loaded & used LOS 18.1 successfully by doing the following:

INSTALL RECOVERY ROM​
$ fastboot getvar current-slot​
current-slot: b​
$ fastboot flash boot lineage-18.1-20210406-recovery-PL2.img​
Sending 'boot_b' (36929 KB) OKAY [ 1.135s]​
Writing 'boot_b' OKAY [ 0.304s]​
$ fastboot reboot​
ISSUE:​
Current LineageOS recoveries for Nokia 6.1 will load ok, but the display is blank!!!​
WORKAROUND: Reboot to recovery:​
VOL-, VOL- (Factory Reset), PWR​
(Format Data) PWR, VOL-, PWR​
VOL- (Format Cache), PWR, VOL-, PWR​
Either tap the screen where the Back arrow is hidden, or reboot to recovery again​
VOL- (Apply Update), PWR, PWR​
You're in sideload mode!​
INSTALL LINEAGEOS​
$ adb sideload ~/Downloads/lineage-18.1-20210406-nightly-PL2-signed.zip​
Total xfer: 1.00x​
Reboot to Lineage!​
Hello!

I am trying to flash LOS 18.1 in a TA-143 (android 10)

I have the "blank-screen Recovery" problem. Thank you for the "blind navigation map" :D but sideload gets stuck at 47% and nothing happens. Any idea?

Thank you in advance

datigumx

Apr 6, 2021
Hello!

I am trying to flash LOS 18.1 in a TA-143 (android 10)

I have the "blank-screen Recovery" problem. Thank you for the "blind navigation map" :D but sideload gets stuck at 47% and nothing happens. Any idea?

Thank you in advance
Yes, same here, and it's commonly reported.

Just wait a few more minutes, and it should eventually finish with a report: Total xfer: 1.00x

datigumx

Apr 6, 2021
Check advance options, there is an option to enable adb
Thanks, I managed to do the following:

1. Reboot to (invisible) Recovery: hold PWR & VOL+
(I had already installed lineage-18.1-20210406-recovery-PL2.img a few months ago)
2. Apply Update / Sideload: VOL-, PWR, PWR
3. $ adb devices: PL2GARD892202000 sideload
4. $ adb sideload ~/Downloads/lineage-18.1-20210406-nightly-PL2-signed.zip
5. Reboot: hold PWR
still seems to boot to recovery mode :-(
6. Reboot to FastBoot: hold PWR & VOL-
7. $ fastboot reboot
Rebooting FAILED (Status read failed (No such device))
fastboot: error: Command failed
8. BUT the phone rebooted to LineageOS setup screen!!! :)

Unfortunately all my apps & data have disappeared, but I suppose that is expected behaviour...

Manowarrior

Aug 3, 2021
Thanks, I managed to do the following:

1. Reboot to (invisible) Recovery: hold PWR & VOL+
(I had already installed lineage-18.1-20210406-recovery-PL2.img a few months ago)
2. Apply Update / Sideload: VOL-, PWR, PWR
3. $ adb devices: PL2GARD892202000 sideload
4. $ adb sideload ~/Downloads/lineage-18.1-20210406-nightly-PL2-signed.zip
5. Reboot: hold PWR
still seems to boot to recovery mode :-(
6. Reboot to FastBoot: hold PWR & VOL-
7. $ fastboot reboot
Rebooting FAILED (Status read failed (No such device))
fastboot: error: Command failed
8. BUT the phone rebooted to LineageOS setup screen!!! :)

Unfortunately all my apps & data have disappeared, but I suppose that is expected behaviour...

Exactly as described!!

The rom works great!!

Thanks!!

MartJI.V.

Jul 22, 2021
Hello, I have been using this great custom rom (LineageOS 18.1 official) for more than a week, I have found these errors.

-The AudioFX equalizer sometimes does not apply the configuration with Bluetooth headphones, sometimes it crashes without making any changes in the sound update, despite being configuring the application at the moment, the sound does not represent any improvement, so it is a little annoying.

-It does not work to share the screen to the smart tv by direct Wi-Fi, the application closes every time I try to make that connection.

-In very few occasions screen duplication fails to watch videos, leaving the video distorted in full playback.

-Netflix is not available in the play Store, indicating that the device is not compatible with the version (in some unofficial versions of custom rom, Netflix is available for installation from the play store).

-The option to increase the internal storage by high-speed microSD is not available (it is a section that I would like to see it work, since there are some Nokia 6.1 models, which only have 32GB of internal memory, having about 16GB of available memory to install large applications, I personally find that it is a somewhat limited storage).

-It would be great if these problems had a solution :)

-In the other functions, the device works excellent, a fairly stable rom, well done, achieving better performance than the latest version of the manufacturer (Android 10), which personally, is a version practically poorly optimized for the device, with variety of failures in some of the functions offered by the android version. Surpassing the performance offered by the latest version of android 10 from the manufacturer, the only thing missing is the possible solutions to the problems that I have mentioned in this rom that has spectacular performance.
Your prompt response would be great theimpulson :), I have to congratulate you for your great work for the great optimization of the android 11 version for this device.

-Excuse me for my English, it is not very good that we say :/.

Last edited:
Reactions: warchild98

theimpulson

Senior Moderator / Dev Cmt. / RD / Dev Relations
Staff member
Hello, I have been using this great custom rom (LineageOS 18.1 official) for more than a week, I have found these errors.

-The AudioFX equalizer sometimes does not apply the configuration with Bluetooth headphones, sometimes it crashes without making any changes in the sound update, despite being configuring the application at the moment, the sound does not represent any improvement, so it is a little annoying.

-It does not work to share the screen to the smart tv by direct Wi-Fi, the application closes every time I try to make that connection.

-In very few occasions screen duplication fails to watch videos, leaving the video distorted in full playback.

-Netflix is not available in the play Store, indicating that the device is not compatible with the version (in some unofficial versions of custom rom, Netflix is available for installation from the play store).

-The option to increase the internal storage by high-speed microSD is not available (it is a section that I would like to see it work, since there are some Nokia 6.1 models, which only have 32GB of internal memory, having about 16GB of available memory to install large applications, I personally find that it is a somewhat limited storage).

-It would be great if these problems had a solution :)

-In the other functions, the device works excellent, a fairly stable rom, well done, achieving better performance than the latest version of the manufacturer (Android 10), which personally, is a version practically poorly optimized for the device, with variety of failures in some of the functions offered by the android version. Surpassing the performance offered by the latest version of android 10 from the manufacturer, the only thing missing is the possible solutions to the problems that I have mentioned in this rom that has spectacular performance.
Your prompt response would be great theimpulson :), I have to congratulate you for your great work for the great optimization of the android 11 version for this device.

-Excuse me for my English, it is not very good that we say :/.
- No idea on AudioFX issue
- That's due to outdated libraries from Android 10 being used on Android 11 ROM. I plan to update them from Nokia 7.2 once their stock ROM gets an Android 11 update. That would fix it.
- No idea on that
- That's due to failing CTS which LineageOS doesn't tamper with. I cannot do anything with that.
- I will do something for that, expect the next update to have it.

MartJI.V.

Jul 22, 2021
- No idea on AudioFX issue
- That's due to outdated libraries from Android 10 being used on Android 11 ROM. I plan to update them from Nokia 7.2 once their stock ROM gets an Android 11 update. That would fix it.
- No idea on that
- That's due to failing CTS which LineageOS doesn't tamper with. I cannot do anything with that.
- I will do something for that, expect the next update to have it.
Thank you very much theimpulson for responding :).

-I hope that the CTS failure can be corrected by LineageOS.

-I will be attentive about the possible implementation of the function of increasing the internal memory by high speed MicroSD, the microSD that I plan to use would be the SanDisk Extreme PRO, with a reading speed of 170 MB/s and writing speed 90 MB/s, Speed class: 30.

-I am very happy for everything you have done for this mobile device and hopefully I can continue to support this device until the incorporation of another new version of android is no longer possible, so far, the performance of this rom It's brutal (Excellent performance at all times) :).

-I have to congratulate theimpulson again for his great work with the adaptation of the android 11 version for this device (Nokia 6.1 2018).

warchild98

Nov 27, 2015
Thank you very much theimpulson for responding :).

-I hope that the CTS failure can be corrected by LineageOS.

-I will be attentive about the possible implementation of the function of increasing the internal memory by high speed MicroSD, the microSD that I plan to use would be the SanDisk Extreme PRO, with a reading speed of 170 MB/s and writing speed 90 MB/s, Speed class: 30.

-I am very happy for everything you have done for this mobile device and hopefully I can continue to support this device until the incorporation of another new version of android is no longer possible, so far, the performance of this rom It's brutal (Excellent performance at all times) :).

-I have to congratulate theimpulson again for his great work with the adaptation of the android 11 version for this device (Nokia 6.1 2018).
I agree with ya mate.

warchild98

Nov 27, 2015
Okay, here's my experience with this rom:
Yesterday I installed Lineage 18.1 without any hussle and it worked really. The installation was really smooth and I have nothing to complain about that (Nokia TA-1043 here).
Good, now let's see what annoyns the heck out of me:
1. v1per4android is not working (I think that has to do with the android itself, not the rom specifically since I've read many complaints from other about v1per not working on stock android 11 either).
2. CTS still fails (even tho I don't have magisk installed, therefore some banking apps are not working (only some of them work wich is still nice to see).
3. RAM usage is kinda...HEAVY. Really heavy. Usually I am left around with 500mb available. I think this needs some zram optimizations (maybe, I don't know). I just hope this will be fixed with future updates.
4. Bluetooth can be sometimes very buggy. I mean, really buggy. Sometimes it crashes/janky audio out of nowhere for no reason and only a reboot would solve that (but the bug will happen again after some time, there this is a temporary fix).
5. OTG still doesn't work wich is..I don't know. It's just not working.
6. Let's talk about camera, shall we?:) It has some weird bug like, when you try using it for the first time (it doesn't matter if you use lineage camera app or another one), it just can't take any picture or video. This can be fixed by just trying to take a photo, reboot and then voilla! Try to take a picture/video again, it will work. Weird, huh? Or it's just me? Dunno.
7. Option for increasing the internal storage with a high-speed microSD it's not available. Maybe that would be added in a future update? That would be nice to see!
8. GPay is also not working (due to CTS failing, maybe???).
That's it for now..I didn't encounter other problems yet. I'll continue using it and see what's there.
Now let's talk about the things I like in this rom:
1. Performance. Really. I like it. It outperforms without a doubt the stock rom (stock android 10 sucks giant whale balls).
2. Multitasking. Really. It's great. Much better than stock 10.
3. The fact that you can take individual screenshots for each app. There is a dedicated button for this. YEAH BOIIII!
4. Vibrations. Really. There are vibrations for calls (stock 10 doesn't provide this).
5. Pure black UI. That one didn't fail to impress me and my eyes.
6. Ballons. I like ballon-based notifications.
7. Adaptive brightness. Really. It's fixed now and it works just like in lineage 17.
8. Lineage launcher. It's really good and you can personalize it. I just can't get pass google's own launcher, It just sucks because you can't rid of the google search bar. That is annoying. Good thing lineage launcher doesn't force it on you.
9. Sound quality. Really, it's better than stock 10.
Well, that's all for now I guess. I will be back with more after some extended use.

tabbeber

Nov 23, 2019
2. CTS still fails (even tho I don't have magisk installed, therefore some banking apps are not working (only some of them work wich is still nice to see).

8. GPay is also not working (due to CTS failing, maybe???).

AFAIK CTS will fail on LineageOS due to two things; an unlocked bootloader and a non-signed device ID. To circumvent this you sadly have to install Magisk. I recommend you find their github repo and follow the install instructions there, as downloading Magisk from any other place could potentially be malware. You need the MagiskHide Props Config in order to spoof the device ID. That should be enough to pass CTS. Also make sure to hide Magisk from any apps that might look for Magisk.
Do this at your own risk, and follow Magisk's documentation closely. Whenever you get an OTA you will also have to go into the Magisk app after the installation (before the reboot) and install it into the inactive slot, or you will probably have to reinstall Magisk through patching recovery or boot img.

Last edited:

warchild98

Nov 27, 2015
AFAIK CTS will fail on LineageOS due to two things; an unlocked bootloader and a non-signed device ID. To circumvent this you sadly have to install Magisk. I recommend you find their github repo and follow the install instructions there, as any other place do download Magisk is potentially malware. You need the MagiskHide Props Config in order to spoof the device ID. That should be enough to pass CTS. Also make sure to hide Magisk from any apps that might look for Magisk.
Do this at your own risk, and follow Magisk's documentation closely. Whenever you get an OTA you will also have to go into the Magisk app after the installation and install it into the inactive slot, also you will probably have to reinstall Magisk through patching recovery or boot img.
Well..yes. I was thinking about that already last night.
As a matter of fact, I'll switch back to LOS 17.1
Sometimes performance of LOS 18.1 isn't great because of the very heavy use of RAM. I don't know what's causing that. It's weird. I'm sad because I have to go back to android 10..but what the heck? :eek:
Anyway, I'll do as you said earlier. Thanks for your reply XD.
I'll wait for official 18.1 builds

CaptSmokey6

Apr 23, 2017
I flashed Lineage 18.1 and then I installed TWRP. When I rebooted to recovery, it'll show a dark blue screen for a bit then go black, but ADB still responds. TWRP only works when booting from USB via fastboot. This dark blue screen also appears when I connect the charger to the phone to charge the battery, but the battery still charges fine.

Also, when I dirty flashed the new update that just came out after already clean flashing a previous 18.1 build, it would go to the boot animation and it would remain stuck there. I waited over an hour and it didn't come out of the boot animation. Thankfully, ADB still responds. I wound up doing a clean flash to the new version and it seems fine after that, though for some reason, Google Play kept throwing off "insufficient space" errors each time I tried to install an app, even though it was a clean reinstall, so after some digging around, I tried a second factory reset and cache clear in TWRP then reboot, set phone back up, then it had no trouble with Google Play after that.

I also experimented trying to boot into Lineage recovery via fastboot, but the phone rejects it for some weird reason and boots into the main OS instead.

One more thing I notice that the Lineage doesn't sense the phone is plugged into a fast charger and it instead charges the battery very slowly.

Last edited:
  • Sad

warchild98

Nov 27, 2015
I flashed Lineage 18.1 and then I installed TWRP. When I rebooted to recovery, it'll show a dark blue screen for a bit then go black, but ADB still responds. TWRP only works when booting from USB via fastboot. This dark blue screen also appears when I connect the charger to the phone to charge the battery, but the battery still charges fine.

Also, when I dirty flashed the new update that just came out after already clean flashing a previous 18.1 build, it would go to the boot animation and it would remain stuck there. I waited over an hour and it didn't come out of the boot animation. Thankfully, ADB still responds. I wound up doing a clean flash to the new version and it seems fine after that, though for some reason, Google Play kept throwing off "insufficient space" errors each time I tried to install an app, even though it was a clean reinstall, so after some digging around, I tried a second factory reset and cache clear in TWRP then reboot, set phone back up, then it had no trouble with Google Play after that.

I also experimented trying to boot into Lineage recovery via fastboot, but the phone rejects it for some weird reason and boots into the main OS instead.

One more thing I notice that the Lineage doesn't sense the phone is plugged into a fast charger and it instead charges the battery very slowly.
Well, I also got the dark blue screen when I was taking photos with google's camera app. Yep. It happend from time to time (randomly). This rom needs some more work tho. Especially on bluetooth side and camera.
That's why I switched back to LOS 17.1
I'm waiting for a stable/official LOS 18.1 build.

theimpulson

Senior Moderator / Dev Cmt. / RD / Dev Relations
Staff member
@CaptSmokey6 @warchild98 kindly read the 2nd post which clearly states that I won't entertain bug reports related to CTS, mods, or non-recommended recoveries. Also, this is the official builds thread. They have already started and they are stable for daily usage. Follow the instructions given in LineageOS Wiki. This device is already quite old and the performance hit that you feel from 17.1 to 18.1 will just increase on future android versions, nothing I can do about that.

warchild98

Nov 27, 2015
@CaptSmokey6 @warchild98 kindly read the 2nd post which clearly states that I won't entertain bug reports related to CTS, mods, or non-recommended recoveries. Also, this is the official builds thread. They have already started and they are stable for daily usage. Follow the instructions given in LineageOS Wiki. This device is already quite old and the performance hit that you feel from 17.1 to 18.1 will just increase on future android versions, nothing I can do about that.
But I did use what wiki told me to. I used lineage os recovery to flash your rom, not anything else like twrp. Everything went smooth and nice at the begining until I discovered (in LOS 18.1) that bluetooth and camera are buggy, that's it.
The strange issue is that lineage os (or gapps) consume a lot of RAM (btw I tried microg and ram usage is pretty much lower). Maybe the issue is with gapps, not your rom.
I noticed yestarday that some apps won't run if a custom rom is detected (even tho I don't have magisk).
I think you're right about lineage os not tampering with CTS.
Anyway, what the heck do I know after all? :D I'm just a user..
Besides the issues that some of us stated, your rom still rocks and it's actually much better than stock.
If your builds are official, can't you change this thread's title? It's confusing XD.
Thanks for your response tho.

Tsuragi

May 26, 2016
Santiago
Moto E
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
on lasted lineage os 17.1 and 18.1 camera flashlight on whatsapp, etc dont work, but works on snap and gcam
its possible add wi-fi coverage feature? i see WIFI_HIDL_FEATURE_DUAL_INTERFACE on boardconfig but i cant find the option in app

• Wow

CaptSmokey6

Apr 23, 2017
I did made an attempt to install via the recommended recovery from the Wiki, but each time I try to boot from that recovery, my phone rejects it and boots straight to the main OS instead and I have used the fastboot method to try to boot from it. But the phone accepts the non-recommended recovery and boots into it without a problem.

gouthamram

Mar 8, 2015
Madurai
Sony Xperia Z1
OnePlus 3T
QaU8wTGXdFOb7hmyt9jnICrvdYfmO34aBM8qereCzyJCs4_LeN3AorUvGRjK6g0gljrnHGd_zlEfI2ug3JFbYh0jhiudkLT4qGqOK-Xf5YnBfeSMkFPZinfWlStX81TRTb7I55SmJYA

About LineageOS
LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Ten) which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo and if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website

Downloads Links
Official Website

Google Applications (optional) :
MindTheGapps (11.0, arm64)
Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating

LineageOS clean install :

- Follow the instructions at Official Wiki

About the builds
- Device Side Sources are on official LineageOS org

Issues and reports
- Report issues only if you use the ROM kernel
- If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
- Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
- Share a log of the error and steps to reproduce it

LineageOS available for PL2 also thanks to :
- Google (AOSP)
- The LineageOS Team
- CodeAurora Forums

Beta Testing Telegram Group | Not required but donations are welcome: Paypal

XDA:DevDB Information
LineageOS-18.0, ROM for the Nokia 6.1 (2018)

Contributors
theimpulson, npjohnson
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nokia_sdm660

ROM OS Version: Android 10
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest stock firmware
Based On: AOSP

Version Information
Stable
Current Stable Version: 18.0
Stable Release Date: 2020-10-17

Created 2020-10-16
Last Updated 2020-11-12
Thank you so much to devs 💓...
Iam flashing this rom without gapps...
Everything working fine and super smooth ui...
Good battery backup & performance but idling battery backup consume little more than stock rom.
Battery details not proper updated...
Camera mod is so awesome & stable👌
Customization setting works great.
Wifi direct is not working even its not working on stock rom also 😜
Ram usage is little more than stock rom.
Iam not testing with heavy gaming but iam using this rom as a daily driver...
No bugs.my device got a new life...🤩

Attachments

• 20210823_073736.jpg
    20210823_073736.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • 20210823_073652.jpg
    20210823_073652.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 25
  • 20210823_073552.jpg
    20210823_073552.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    QaU8wTGXdFOb7hmyt9jnICrvdYfmO34aBM8qereCzyJCs4_LeN3AorUvGRjK6g0gljrnHGd_zlEfI2ug3JFbYh0jhiudkLT4qGqOK-Xf5YnBfeSMkFPZinfWlStX81TRTb7I55SmJYA

About LineageOS
    LineageOS is a free, community-built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 10.0 (Ten) which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device. All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS GitHub repo and if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review.

Official LineageOS website

Downloads Links
    Nokia 6.1 (PL2)
    Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG)

Google Applications (optional) :
    Google apps (11.0, arm64)
    Information: Flash the GApps before the first boot. If not, a clean flash is recommended.

Flashing and updating

LineageOS clean install :

- Follow the instructions at Official Wiki (Choose your device to see instructions)

About the builds
    - Device Side Sources are on official LineageOS org

Issues and reports
    - Report issues only if you use the ROM kernel
    - If an additional mod is installed, make sure it's unrelated, and mention it
    - Make sure the issue wasn't discussed earlier in the threads
    - Share a log of the error and steps to reproduce it

LineageOS is available for PL2 also thanks to :
    - Google (AOSP)
    - The LineageOS Team
    - CodeAurora Forums

Beta Testing Telegram Group | Not required but donations are welcome: Paypal

XDA:DevDB Information
    LineageOS-18.0, ROM for the Nokia 6.1 (2018)

Contributors
    theimpulson, npjohnson
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_nokia_sdm660

ROM OS Version: Android 10
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest stock firmware
    Based On: AOSP

Version Information
    Stable
    Current Stable Version: 18.0
    Stable Release Date: 2020-10-17

Created 2020-10-16
    Last Updated 2020-11-12
    Nokia 6.1 Plus (DRG) is now also officially supported and this thread will be used for the same as well. Downloads will be up within a week (whenever the bot generates the build). Sources are also on the official organization in case someone wants to build himself.

Edit: DRG wiki link: https://wiki.lineageos.org/devices/DRG
    Are we getting lineage 19 ?
    Work on it has just started. I will wait till the ROM source is ready to be built without any issues. Oh but we will, it is possible for sure.
    I noticed, that my device often runs out of memory, so i had a look into swap on zram. I found, that the files provided on the vendor partition contain entries for creating swap on a zram device:
    Both /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom and /vendor/bin/init.qcom.post_boot.sh seem to do something for setting up zram and enabling swap.
    After boot however /sys/block/zram0/disksize shows "0".
    Can swap on zram be enabled automatically?

I enabled zram and swap manually:
    Code:
    echo 1 > /sys/block/zram0/reset
    echo 2G > /sys/block/zram0/disksize
    mkswap /dev/block/zram0
    swapon /dev/block/zram0

Afterwards my device feels much more responsive, when switching between apps.

Except for doing these steps manually over the adb root shell, there remains one more thing, that might need tweaking: /sys/block/zram0/max_comp_streams should probably be set to 4 to allow usage of either the fast or the slow cpu cores.
    We can look into it!

EDIT: Oof - fix is merged lol - that was dead simple: https://review.lineageos.org/c/LineageOS/android_device_nokia_sdm660-common/+/311736

Next build will have proper ZRAM working! haha.
    Official builds will start rolling out soon. 1st post has been updated as required. The changelog can be seen here. Bug reports for the same are welcome on the official issue tracker.