[ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL][LMI] crDroid v7.5 [13.04.2021]

Search This thread

dead0

Sep 6, 2011
Thank you for the wonderful ROM, and I am looking forward to your future updates.

I want to raise an issue regarding mobile hotspot transfer speed.

When using this rom (version 7.4, 03/29 release) I encounter slow transfer speed. The maximum actual transfer speed (for both uploads and downloads) that I am getting is only about 8 MBps on AP Band 5.0 GHz, and 5 MBps in AP Band 2.4 GHz, which is very slow.
(Compared to when I am using LineageOS 18.1 where I get 35 MBps and 12 MBps transfer speed for 5.0 GHz and 2.4 GHz, respectively.)

I am using this to sync and transfer big files (such as videos) with Nextcloud and ftp, and the difference in speed is just too big to ignore.

Hope that you could confirm and fix this in the future updates. Again, thank you.
ive just done a speedtest on wifi on latest build; getting 206 MBps down and 36MBps up.

Reactions: Mikami15

regulus-ai

Apr 4, 2021
ive just done a speedtest on wifi on latest build; getting 206 MBps down and 36MBps up.
Hi. Can you give me more details of the method of the test?

Is that test performed by testing the Mobile Hotspot Wifi of the POCO F2 Pro on another device?
If so, what is the AP band you used?

I could not get higher than 8 MBps transfer speed in any of the file sharing apps (such as nextcloud). FTP file browsers or through scp (SSH file transfer).

Just to clear any misunderstanding, I am not referring to the speed of Wifi internet connection, but on the file transfer speed between devices over the WLAN created through Mobile Hotspot.

Also, to anyone that can answer,
based on the developer's (raystef66) post on on March 30, one of the bugs in the BUG LIST is "WFD" - does this refer to Wi-fi Direct? And is that bug related in any way to the slow speed that I'm experiencing with Mobile Hotspot? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

dead0

Sep 6, 2011
Hi. Can you give me more details of the method of the test?

Is that test performed by testing the Mobile Hotspot Wifi of the POCO F2 Pro on another device?
If so, what is the AP band you used?

I could not get higher than 8 MBps transfer speed in any of the file sharing apps (such as nextcloud). FTP file browsers or through scp (SSH file transfer).

Just to clear any misunderstanding, I am not referring to the speed of Wifi internet connection, but on the file transfer speed between devices over the WLAN created through Mobile Hotspot.

Also, to anyone that can answer,
based on the developer's (raystef66) post on on March 30, one of the bugs in the BUG LIST is "WFD" - does this refer to Wi-fi Direct? And is that bug related in any way to the slow speed that I'm experiencing with Mobile Hotspot? Thanks in advance.
yes it was my misunderstanding. ive just done another test where i setup the mobile wifi hotspot on the f2. i then connected my poco f1 (hard to let go) via wifi and the speeds dropped to around 62MBps down 32MBps up with the ookla speedtest. this should equate to around 7MBps file transfer down and around 3.5-4MBps up. my upload speed is low anyway due to Virgin Media.
ps used both AP bands for the hotspot

Reactions: regulus-ai

ufolud

Aug 11, 2019
Does the Fingerprint sensor works in current build? And if so, is it possible to unlock directly from AOD/locked screen?(No need to press the power button first). Also, how's the camera quality in 3rd party apps like Instagram/Snapchat compared to Global ROM? Thanks in advance! :)

trivi88

Jul 19, 2010
So, is it good choice for everyday use? I'm planning to change Global ROM for this one. Any annoying bugs or things that don't work well?
I've been using it as my daily ROM for months and I only noticed a few bug between updates which were quickly fixed.

Even a user got Android auto running. Everything is in this thread.

My only complaint about the ROM is that selinux enforcing doesn't work well yet, so we need to use magisk to pass safetynet and some bank apps don't work with root.

Reactions: ufolud

michmool

Apr 27, 2020
Hello,
First of all, what a good forum here !
Second, what a fantastic look and first feeling with this rom ! Thanks a lot for this work. it's the first time i try a custom rom, and : what a cool thing not to have 3 pages of apps and things that i can't change,
i'd have troubles first to install gapps the home Crhome stopped and the screen became crazy , then frozen. ( i used Twrp 3.4 with 2 sims)
I've put of 1 sim, fastboot install MBTWRP 3.5, reboot and install the 12.2.5 and NickGapps using MBTWRP 3.5, wipe .... reboot .....
still a message from the cr home, but i could stop it and config Crdroid.
I rebooted it 3 4 times 'till the parameters it seems right now everything goes nice, smooth and with only the apps i want.....
With the bank i've had some issue, even after hiding with magisk, and it was because of debugging usb that i haven't deselected . Now it's ok

Last edited:

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
  • :cowboy: FLASHING TIME :cowboy:
    NEW crDroid BUILD 13.04.2021

DON'T JUST HIT & RUN .... YOUR APPRECIATION KEEPS MY MOTIVATION ROLLING ;)

crDroid statistics :cool:

crDroid TG Group

SELINUX ENFORCING

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210413-lmi-v7.5.zip

NOTE :

• Do follow flash instructions from OP or from here below
    • SafetyNet should pass out of the box (use magisk hide which also fix red border on unlock)
    • Default fingerprint color set on white
    • Possible issue on setup gapps : remove sim card (due to 2 sims)
    • Join our Telegram crDroid Poco F2 group
    • SELinux is enforcing now on boot - I didn't clean flash and all's working. If not do clean flash

DIRTY FLASH : (follow easy instructions here below ;) )

CLEAN INSTALLATION : (if coming from another rom or whatever...)

====================
    13-04-2021
    ====================

* updated to crDroid 7.5 code
    * updated to sec. patch level 2021.04.05
    * updated to April Redfin fingerprint
    * added tile to show power menu
    * added OxygenOS lockscreen clock
    * added long screenshot
    * synced with latest sources
    * updated translations
    * some other fixes and improvements

BUG LIST :

* wfd
    * smart charging

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210413-133501_Settings.png
      Screenshot_20210413-133501_Settings.png
      165.7 KB · Views: 116

Manny111

Sep 12, 2010
    Can't wait to try it out!

Is pocket detection battery drain fixed? The battery life is amazing with it turned off, but I don't want to accidentally answer calls in my pockets etc. :)

MJ.nfl

May 8, 2019
    @NOSS8
    Your claims that it is normal to have such a huge battery drain when pocket detection is active just don't hold water and please stop repeating them...

If you really want to help, just go and test pocket detection on different ROM's and analyze their battery life?

@NOSS8
    Your claims that it is normal to have such a huge battery drain when pocket detection is active just don't hold water and please stop repeating them...

If you really want to help, just go and test pocket detection on different ROM's and analyze their battery life?
    I'm claiming nothing at all, that's just raystef66's answer.;)

Manny111

Sep 12, 2010
    We are trying to be constructive, and I thank raystef66 for his work again.

The weird thing I noticed happening is a battery drain from some app that is only identified by a number, 10335 in this case, in the battery stats. Screenshot attached.

It happens at random times it seems. When it's not draining, the battery lasts me for days.
    I have pocket detection turned off.
    Do you have any idea what it could be, or where I could find more details on this "app"? (Hopefully not some malware that I picked up lol)

Attachments

• photo_2021-04-14_19-27-05.jpg
      photo_2021-04-14_19-27-05.jpg
      53.3 KB · Views: 49

MJ.nfl

May 8, 2019
    I'm claiming nothing at all, that's just raystef66's answer.;)
    Maybe on Telegram, but I haven't seen him say it on this forum.
    A 60% battery drain for 24 hours (that's almost 3000 mAh) of not even using your phone is definitely a bug and no one can convince me otherwise.

If it cannot be fixed that's OK, but don't say it is normal.

A 60% battery drain for 24 hours (that's almost 3000 mAh) of not even using your phone is definitely a bug and no one can convince me otherwise.

fourth posts above (y)
    👓 👓 👓 👓 👓 👓 👓 👓 👓 👓 👓 👓
    3u.jpg

Last edited:
    Reactions: Sony make.belive

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
  • We are trying to be constructive, and I thank raystef66 for his work again.

The weird thing I noticed happening is a battery drain from some app that is only identified by a number, 10335 in this case, in the battery stats. Screenshot attached.

It happens at random times it seems. When it's not draining, the battery lasts me for days.
    I have pocket detection turned off.
    Do you have any idea what it could be, or where I could find more details on this "app"? (Hopefully not some malware that I picked up lol)
    Thnx.
    Well, seems you have some residu of some removed app imo, Not sure but definitely something you should look into...its on nr2 right ;)
    Do consider flashing clean.
    Btw, show your stats with and without pocket detection over a days lenght.
    Use FK kernel manager or something you're using. Without numbers we're nothing.

Well I did make that statement of not being a bug. Pocket detection definitely drains more. That's a fact.
    You're mentioning 60% drain overnight on crDroid caused by pocket detection. It would be great to show some stats with and without using it and over a days period.
    Also you're saying you've tested some other roms on pocket detection which drain a lot less?
    Well show me the stats from these roms over a days period with and without using Pocket Detection.
    Do mind to use same setup, same apps, same settings. It's very important ;)

Reactions: fenrir_ac and NOSS8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      :cowboy: FLASHING TIME :cowboy:
      NEW crDroid BUILD 13.04.2021

crDroid TG Group

SELINUX ENFORCING

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210413-lmi-v7.5.zip

NOTE :

• SafetyNet should pass out of the box (use magisk hide which also fix red border on unlock)
      • SELinux is enforcing now on boot - I didn't clean flash and all's working. If not do clean flash

====================
      13-04-2021
      ====================

* updated to crDroid 7.5 code
      * updated to sec. patch level 2021.04.05
      * updated to April Redfin fingerprint
      * added tile to show power menu
      * added OxygenOS lockscreen clock
      * added long screenshot
      * updated translations

BUG LIST :

* wfd
      * smart charging
      Can't wait to try it out!

Is pocket detection battery drain fixed? The battery life is amazing with it turned off, but I don't want to accidentally answer calls in my pockets etc. :)
      https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...crdroid-v7-4-13-04-2021.4201615/post-84477969
      Any way to start automatically the calls recording? I forget it most of the times...
      Dialer App > Settings > Sound and Vibration > Auto Call Recording
      Does the Fingerprint sensor works in current build? And if so, is it possible to unlock directly from AOD/locked screen?(No need to press the power button first).
      Yes, it is working fine
      Hello,
      First of all, what a good forum here !
      Second, what a fantastic look and first feeling with this rom ! Thanks a lot for this work. it's the first time i try a custom rom, and : what a cool thing not to have 3 pages of apps and things that i can't change,
      i'd have troubles first to install gapps the home Crhome stopped and the screen became crazy , then frozen. ( i used Twrp 3.4 with 2 sims)
      I've put of 1 sim, fastboot install MBTWRP 3.5, reboot and install the 12.2.5 and NickGapps using MBTWRP 3.5, wipe .... reboot .....
      still a message from the cr home, but i could stop it and config Crdroid.
      I rebooted it 3 4 times 'till the parameters it seems right now everything goes nice, smooth and with only the apps i want.....
      With the bank i've had some issue, even after hiding with magisk, and it was because of debugging usb that i haven't deselected . Now it's ok
      BE3pE0l.png

Code:
      *** Disclaimer
      I am not responsible for any damage you made to your device
      You have been warned

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today

Features: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/crdroid_features/blob/11.0/README.mkdn

Flashing Instructions:

Pre-installation: ( aka gather some files )

**you can flash the files either from OTG like I did or use adb sideload

First time installation or check latest build instructions: (all flashes can be done with twrp)

• boot into twrp, format data, reboot twrp
      • flash miui_LMIGlobal_V12.2.5.0.RJKMIXM_b7b4d5d630_11.0.zip or check latest build instructions
      • flash crDroid rom and OpenGapps
      • boot into the system
      • reboot into twrp, flash min Magisk 21.4 ( note : to pass Safetynet, just enable magisk hide, reboot and done )
      • boot crDroid again and E N J O Y !

Sources:

ROM:https://github.com/crdroidandroid
      Kernel: kernel
      Device:
      thnx @Ayrton990 for his contribution to dt(y)
      Github: raystef66

LATEST crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210413-lmi-v7.5.zip

ROM : https://crdroid.net/lmi

What's working / what's not:

* a lot of development is still needed as this is a beta build
      * most of it is working :
      • ril
      • audio
      • wifi (2.4 / 5 GHz)
      • BT
      • camera ( we choose Open Camera as most stable : thnx @Ayrton990 for implement )
      • NFC
      • FOD (screen off works fine)
      • call recording
      • GPS
      • AOD (tile)
      • hotspot
      • DT2W
      • DT2S
      • ambient features
      • . . .

* bugs : DO SEND LOGS WHEN REPORTING BUGS
      • if red border on swipe unlock : enable magisk hide
      • wfd (screen cast)
      • . . .

Visit official website @ crDroid.net
      crDroid Community Telegram
      Donate to help our team pay server costs

If you like my work, consider a donation! MY PAYPAL

Contributors
      @raystef66

Source Code: https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android/tree/11.0

ROM OS Version:
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
      ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader, miui_LMIGlobal_V12.2.5. 0.RJKMIXM

Sec. Patches : 2021.04.05

Created : 2020.12.11
      Last Updated : 2021.04.13
      NEW crDroid BUILD 30.12.2020

crDroid TG Group

SELINUX PERMISSIVE

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20201230-lmi-v7.1.zip

NOTE :

DIRTY FLASH : (on 19.12 build, follow easy instructions here below ;) )

CELAN INSTALLATION : (if coming from another rom or whatever...)
      • flash miui_LMIGlobal_V12.2.3.0.RJKMIXM_747f5d1381_11.0 (not needed anymore is already on it)
      • flash crDroid rom and OpenGapps (as I use this one)
      • boot into the system
      • reboot into twrp, flash Magisk 21.1( note : to pass Safetynet, just enable magisk hide, reboot and done )

====================
      30-12-2020
      ====================

• update vendor blobs to V12.2.3.0.RJKMIXM
      • vendor december sec. patch level
      • updated prebuilt kernel 4.19.113
      • updated kernel-modules to V12.2.3.0.RJKMIXM
      • improved lowest brightness (avoid blue-ish tint)
      • switched to AOSP BT stack
      • rewake Pocket Detection
      • added clear all on recents
      • added blur option toggle switch (Settings -> Display)
      • added lock screen clock styles
      • added Pulse
      • fixed WFD for android tv boxes
      • added thermal libs
      • improved SoundFX
      • synced with latest sources
      • updated translations
      • some other fixes and improvements
      NEW crDroid BUILD 19.12.2020

crDroid TG Group

SELINUX PERMISSIVE

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20201219-lmi-v7.1.zip

NOTE :

EXTRA NOTE : THIS BUILD CAN BE FLASHED DIRTY IF ALREADY ON 16.12 BUILD, SO JUST FLASH ROM AND MAGISK AGAIN

CELAN INSTALLATION : if coming from another rom or whatever...

• flash miui_LMIGlobal_V12.2.1.0.RJKMIXM_35857b638b_11.0 (not needed anymore is already on it)
      • boot into the system
      • reboot into twrp, flash Magisk 21.1( note : to pass Safetynet, just enable magisk hide, reboot and done )

====================
      19-12-2020
      ====================

• added dt2w
      NEW crDroid BUILD 08.02.2021

crDroid TG Group

SELINUX PERMISSIVE

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210208-lmi-v7.3.zip

NOTE :

• If you need ime/arrow down back, just flash the Fullscreen Immersive module

====================
      08-02-2020
      ====================

* updated to crDroid 7.3 code
      * updated to sec. patch level 2021.02.05
      * added AOD when charging toggle
      * added Ambient Display pulse visualizer
      * added QS footer icon visibility toggles
      * added edge lighting for ambient pulse notification toggle
      * added toggle to suppress notification sound when screen on
      * updated translations
      NEW crDroid BUILD 16.12.2020

crDroid TG Group

SELINUX PERMISSIVE

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20201216-lmi-v7.1.zip

NOTE :

EXTRA NOTE : THIS BUILD CAN BE FLASHED DIRTY IF ALREADY ON 14.12 BUILD, SO JUST FLASH ROM AND MAGISK AGAIN

CELAN INSTALLATION : if coming from another rom or whatever...
      • flash miui_LMIGlobal_V12.2.1.0.RJKMIXM_35857b638b_11.0 (not needed anymore is already on it)
      • boot into the system

====================
      16-12-2020
      ====================

• re-fixed 3.5mm headphone audio output
      • support Alipay and WeChat fingerprint payment
      • matlog improvements
      • add more support for GApps and services

ps : seems crDroid sources merge with los18.1 ripped us our in-built wallpapers - also QS drag and drop needed instead of tap-to-add (will be fixed in next release as not critical)
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone