[ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL] MSM-Xtended Project

Search This thread

sauliiin

Jan 12, 2011
Belo Horizonte
I would like some tips! My phone stops charging when reach 70%. Any fix or settings?

And all notifications icons on status bar are white.. Where do I change that?

RemyB_

May 25, 2019
Thanks for the great ROM, works perfectly! So customisable and very good performance, good job :)

Not specific related to this ROM, but since I'm here: I have my Mi 9t for about 2 years now, only since a while my battery only charges at 12w, it seems to be capped to 13w and it won't last a day anymore. I have tried so many ROMS now and no rom seems to let me charge it at the full speed or last a day. Battery temps seem normal when charing (around 35°C), I try to not let the battery sink below 15% or above 85%, but that's quite difficult since it drains so fast most of the times. It seems like it cannot go to 9v anymore, when I got my phone it charged constantly at 9/12v as I remember correctly, at around 18 watt.

I've checked and cleaned all the dust out of the charging port, tried multiple cables and chargers (original, good Anker cables etc.), but nothing seems to solve the issue. Should I maybe replace the battery and charging connector? Also I'm on the latest firmware.

I have quite a lot of battery drains, always had since the last year actually, for example just now, Spotify, used for 1 hour and 6 minutes, 75%, Whatsapp, used for 2 hours and 40 miniutes, 52% etc. (this is an example with the latest MSM Xtended)

Battery capacity is at 3281 mAh it seems, with almost 600 charge cycles completed.

Any help would be really appriciated :)

vblanche

Oct 11, 2008
Hello, just did a "dirty" update from v2 to v9, but I'm getting the Xtended launcher to flicker and getting an error message of xtended launcher. Can I try to downgrade to v8? how do I proceed? Thanks

UPDATE: problem solved once I switched to the Android launcher instead of Xtended launcher...

Last edited:

LaMarMôt

Sep 15, 2011
i9100
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
Thanks for the great ROM, works perfectly! So customisable and very good performance, good job :)

Not specific related to this ROM, but since I'm here: I have my Mi 9t for about 2 years now, only since a while my battery only charges at 12w, it seems to be capped to 13w and it won't last a day anymore. I have tried so many ROMS now and no rom seems to let me charge it at the full speed or last a day. Battery temps seem normal when charing (around 35°C), I try to not let the battery sink below 15% or above 85%, but that's quite difficult since it drains so fast most of the times. It seems like it cannot go to 9v anymore, when I got my phone it charged constantly at 9/12v as I remember correctly, at around 18 watt.

I've checked and cleaned all the dust out of the charging port, tried multiple cables and chargers (original, good Anker cables etc.), but nothing seems to solve the issue. Should I maybe replace the battery and charging connector? Also I'm on the latest firmware.

I have quite a lot of battery drains, always had since the last year actually, for example just now, Spotify, used for 1 hour and 6 minutes, 75%, Whatsapp, used for 2 hours and 40 miniutes, 52% etc. (this is an example with the latest MSM Xtended)

Battery capacity is at 3281 mAh it seems, with almost 600 charge cycles completed.

Any help would be really appriciated :)
did you ever used anything to reduce or tweak voltage/charging, etc.?

You could try to reboot in bootloader mode (fastboot) and then reboot back to system. It sometimes reset the charging switches on Xioami devices.

Cheers

RemyB_

May 25, 2019
did you ever used anything to reduce or tweak voltage/charging, etc.?

You could try to reboot in bootloader mode (fastboot) and then reboot back to system. It sometimes reset the charging switches on Xioami devices.

Cheers

Thanks for your response, no I never tweaked anything there, tried rebooting into bootloader but no success unfortunately :(

giannism13

This ROM seems to have a nice feature set but there are a few bugs that break the deal for me. First I want to clarify that I did a clean install from the latest stock miui doing all the formats and the wipes.

About the bugs:
1. Gps doesn't work. While gps shows that it does get a fix with many satellites, Google maps is unable to find my location.

2. If I enable full screen gestures for navigation and I turn of the navigation bar, I can't use the back gesture. Only the home gesture works.

3. I cant give sms access to Google play services so 8 can't finish the initial setup wizard.

4. I don't know if it's related to the previous bug but I can't send any sms. Receiving them works though.

Lermite

Dec 29, 2018
Saint Gervais d'Auvergne
Thanks! Could you tell me about the Rom? Is it stable for daily use? Does it have major bugs? I read about GPS problem up here
I'm the lest suited to give a feedback about this rom. I've just switch to it after I got disappointed by crDroid and I still have to set up all my stuff before I can't claim this rom works flawlessly.

I have already an issue though: the SafetyNet test fails on the CTS Profile but I don't know yet if it comes from the rom or anything else such the Gapps.

Reactions: gypsy7

neo937

Aug 22, 2013
CTS Profile Fail is non official rom issue, doesn't matter if the device is rooted or not. Without magisk there is no fix at this moment.

Lermite

Dec 29, 2018
Saint Gervais d'Auvergne
I have Magisk 23 and as I have the SafetyNet failing on the CTS Profile with several roms, not only MSM Xtented, my phone has likely an issue that isn't related to the rom but I have still no clue which partition this issue would be located into, and what to do to get rid of this issue.

I have an old backup of my Persist partition. Is it worth restoring it as my phone still has the Widevine L1 (which usually gets broken when anything is wrong in the Persist partition)?

dannyMag

Aug 5, 2020
Redmi K20 / Xiaomi Mi 9T
I have Magisk 23 and as I have the SafetyNet failing on the CTS Profile with several roms, not only MSM Xtented, my phone has likely an issue that isn't related to the rom but I have still no clue which partition this issue would be located into, and what to do to get rid of this issue.

I have an old backup of my Persist partition. Is it worth restoring it as my phone still has the Widevine L1 (which usually gets broken when anything is wrong in the Persist partition)?

Hi,
there is a guide on telegram wich you can try : https://telegra.ph/Pass-Safetynet-on-Rooted-Device-09-02-2

Reactions: Lermite

Lermite

Dec 29, 2018
Saint Gervais d'Auvergne
Thanks but I've already tried this and it didn't work: the SafetyNet remained broken.
I've just tried to install the official MIUI rom from the recovery: the SafetyNet is still broken.
I'm now trying to install the official MIUI from Fastboot but Mi Flash is bugging me. I'm still fighting to get though it...

EDIT: My bad, this guide is the right one. The first time I used it, I messed with the fingerprint before.
Without this mistake, the trick works perfectly to set the SafetyNet all right.
Thank you for this life saving help!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts