justasic

Nov 22, 2020
Portland
justasic.net

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 5.2 for the OnePlus 7 Pro [guacamole]

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,
* thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
* these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
* you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
*/

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.

Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -

@joeyhuab

@peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png

What are our features?

- Just flash and check "The Evolver"

n6b8AXD.png

single tap gesture doesn't work, WFD doesn't work and No Verizon Network Support

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

u5tIlfT.png

gMGb8ee.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
1. Have latest OOS 10.x flashed to both slots!!
2. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
3. Reboot to Recovery
4. Wipe Data/Cache/System
5. Format Data (Required)
6. Flash the ROM
7. Reboot to System
8. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
9. Flash Magisk (Optional)
10. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
1. Reboot to Recovery
3. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
4. Flash Magisk (Optional)
5. Flash the ROM
6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download

Donate to me! / Official Chat / Device Support

LU9gsrQ.png

wayse1

Dec 8, 2017
I have Evolution X android 10. And it's amazing it has so many features and modification Love it. Does EvoX 11 have all of these features and even more? keep up the good job

H4X0R46

Oct 1, 2013
Wait, this has OOS cam AND is Android 11? SICK! Does normal Magisk Beta work or do we need that modded Magisk that's been floating around?

Parkourkid93

Aug 10, 2012
New York
OnePlus 7 Pro
Just a heads up, not sure if my phone is just weird, but the first wipe instructions (step 4), resulted in my device only being able to boot to bootloader and resulting in " FAILED (remote: 'Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error')" if i try to flash or do anything on CMD/fastboot now. Not sure if it's bricked or if this will happen to you, and it's obviously not a ROM issue, but just mentioning it just incase anyone is following the exact steps.

muphetz

• May 9, 2013
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    Just a heads up, not sure if my phone is just weird, but the first wipe instructions (step 4), resulted in my device only being able to boot to bootloader and resulting in " FAILED (remote: 'Failed to load/authenticate boot image: Load Error')" if i try to flash or do anything on CMD/fastboot now. Not sure if it's bricked or if this will happen to you, and it's obviously not a ROM issue, but just mentioning it just incase anyone is following the exact steps.
    Dont wipe system,,just do format data

Reactions: Parkourkid93

Parkourkid93

Aug 10, 2012
    New York
    OnePlus 7 Pro

Too late, I already learned the hard way bro. I'm pretty sure it was bricked since I couldn't even get into recovery, just kept booting back to the bootloader. I unbricked it and i'm & running now though. Great rom so far, I noticed the initial UI lag that seems to be common on every A11 roms I tried for the oneplus 7, but it goes away once you refresh the screen, so no big deal. A major issue for me though is that Google FI doesn't seem to activate. When I try to it just tells me "Unfortunately your Google FI service can't be activated because your account currently isn't authorized for service". Which sounds like it's an issue with my account, but when I log into fi via my desktop, nothing seems out of the ordinary, I even randomly used the sim on a t-mobile sim locked iPhone, downloaded FI and it activated without an issue. I'm gonna go back to stock & see if it happens there. Will report back in a few.

To everyone else, don't let this discourage you from trying this rom out. Like i mentioned before, great rom so far & I appreciate the upload, I loved Evolution on Pixel 3. Just need my service lol

SaintZ93

Feb 4, 2011
    Massachusetts
    github.com
    Too late, I already learned the hard way bro. I'm pretty sure it was bricked since I couldn't even get into recovery, just kept booting back to the bootloader. I unbricked it and i'm & running now though. Great rom so far, I noticed the initial UI lag that seems to be common on every A11 roms I tried for the oneplus 7, but it goes away once you refresh the screen, so no big deal. A major issue for me though is that Google FI doesn't seem to activate. When I try to it just tells me "Unfortunately your Google FI service can't be activated because your account currently isn't authorized for service". Which sounds like it's an issue with my account, but when I log into fi via my desktop, nothing seems out of the ordinary, I even randomly used the sim on a t-mobile sim locked iPhone, downloaded FI and it activated without an issue. I'm gonna go back to stock & see if it happens there. Will report back in a few.

To everyone else, don't let this discourage you from trying this rom out. Like i mentioned before, great rom so far & I appreciate the upload, I loved Evolution on Pixel 3. Just need my service lol
    MSMTool will save your life on this, also I recommend not using Step 4. Skip to Step 5. Wiping will erase OOS off the phone.

Parkourkid93

Aug 10, 2012
    New York
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    MSMTool will save your life on this, also I recommend not using Step 4. Skip to Step 5. Wiping will erase OOS off the phone.

Unless I straight up downloaded the wrong MSMTool, the one posted here on our forums didn't seem to work for me, said something about a firmware mismatch or something and I couldn't seem to find the correct fastboot rom for my current firmware. I've never used it before though so it's highly possible I did something wrong. What worked for me was extracting the files from the latest stock OOS, dumping all the files from the payload.bin using python, then just manually flashed whichever files it pulled from the .bin.
    I'm currently back on stock OOS now though & Google FI works again without any issues. I'll deff try this again on the next update.

SaintZ93

Feb 4, 2011
    Massachusetts
    github.com
    Unless I straight up downloaded the wrong MSMTool, the one posted here on our forums didn't seem to work for me, said something about a firmware mismatch or something and I couldn't seem to find the correct fastboot rom for my current firmware. I've never used it before though so it's highly possible I did something wrong. What worked for me was extracting the files from the latest stock OOS, dumping all the files from the payload.bin using python, then just manually flashed whichever files it pulled from the .bin.
    I'm currently back on stock OOS now though & Google FI works again without any issues. I'll deff try this again on the next update.
    My question would be, what type of OP7P do you have. The one from OnePlus or the one from T-Mobile? If TMO then there is a different MSMTool you will need to use.

Parkourkid93

Aug 10, 2012
    New York
    OnePlus 7 Pro
    My question would be, what type of OP7P do you have. The one from OnePlus or the one from T-Mobile? If TMO then there is a different MSMTool you will need to use.

Good question, I bought it off of Amazon like a year ago though, so I don't have a 100% answer on that. Since I've gotten the device, I was able to OEM unlock, flash twrp, magisk etc. off the rip. I even dual simmed it with Google FI & Mint together without any issues and I use the global stock .zip from the OnePlus site everytime I update. If there's a way to check for sure, deff lemme know & I'll get back at you. Message me though since this isn't really ROM related & I don't want to clutter up the thread.

justasic

Nov 22, 2020
    Portland
    justasic.net
    Set up works fine, getting an unusal issue where the framerate is locked at 30fps, anyone else having this issue?

*Edit* Typical, I reboot to install magisk, and now it is working fine. Nevermind me!
    This framerate issue is because I am forcing 90hz from the kernel (since automatic 90hz needs some work still), just lock the device and unlock it and it will go away.

justasic

Nov 22, 2020
    Portland
    justasic.net
    hmm I only had to use msmtool once in my experience, generally as long as you're able to get to fastboot and you've already oem unlocked, you can go back to oos usually by fastboot booting a recovery image and flashing from there. I have not heard of Google FI before so I will look into this, we just merged our January security patch so I'll be making a new release soon and it might be related to that. I've not had any issues with wiping system on my device and I keep it there in case others are looking to come from other roms. Wiping vendor would cause issues though which is why I have flashing oos there but you're welcome to skip the wiping system step as I don't believe it will cause problems since the rom flashes over system anyway.

deaggy

Sep 25, 2016
    Done all the steps. Cant connect to my home wifi, I enter password and nothing happens. Any ideas? Wifi worked before on android 11

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 5.2 for the OnePlus 7 Pro [guacamole]

Code:
      /*
      * Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,
      * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
      * these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
      * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
      */

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.

Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -

@joeyhuab

@peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png

What are our features?

- Just flash and check "The Evolver"

n6b8AXD.png

single tap gesture doesn't work, WFD doesn't work and No Verizon Network Support

u5tIlfT.png

gMGb8ee.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
      1. Have latest OOS 10.x flashed to both slots!!
      3. Reboot to Recovery
      4. Wipe Data/Cache/System
      5. Format Data (Required)
      6. Flash the ROM
      7. Reboot to System
      8. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
      9. Flash Magisk (Optional)
      10. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
      1. Reboot to Recovery
      3. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
      4. Flash Magisk (Optional)
      5. Flash the ROM
      6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download

Donate to me! / Official Chat / Device Support

LU9gsrQ.png

Nice ROM,so smooth,,dualboot with MSM xtended rom,
      Video with OOS Cam crash,,even with shortcut,,
      Screenshot_20210104-202500.pngScreenshot_20210104-202316.pngScreenshot_20210104-202213.pngScreenshot_20210104-202155.pngScreenshot_20210104-202249.png

Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone