• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL][OOSCAM][OnePlus 7 Pro][11.0_r20] Evolution X | Emerald

Search This thread

forrest.john

Apr 6, 2018
I am running the latest firmware for the ROM and I'm having an issue where the fingerprint sensor only unlocks if I have a dynamic wallpaper from the Settings "Styles and Wallpapers" section set as my wallpaper. Any fix for this?

iceberg247

Nov 3, 2014
What is org.codeaurora.ims and how can I keep it from draining my battery? Went to bed with a full charge and woke up to 14%. Love the rom otherwise and would like to keep using it
Screenshot_20210506-104727_Settings.png

iceberg247

Nov 3, 2014
Something went wrong when you flashed it then. The ims.apk was messed up in the build you're using. Update to newest
So I went into the EvolutionX recovery and sideloaded and flashed the rom as per the prompt. Now the phone will boot, I see the white bootup screen with the rom logo, then it goes into a black screen and will not wake. The only thing I can access is the power menu (attached). However, my alarm clock went off shortly after booting so I guess that means at least the phone still works (?)

not rooted, TWRP/Magisk not installed

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 134

gyakusetsu1215

Mar 3, 2011
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
So I went into the EvolutionX recovery and sideloaded and flashed the rom as per the prompt. Now the phone will boot, I see the white bootup screen with the rom logo, then it goes into a black screen and will not wake. The only thing I can access is the power menu (attached). However, my alarm clock went off shortly after booting so I guess that means at least the phone still works (?)

Might just need to factory reset, though, you'll lose app data that way and have to set up clean. I never use the OTA or anything other than manually flashing ROMs. Usually the power menu showing like that means something is messed up in system ui.

geesyboi

Mar 13, 2020
need help with this.
im not sure if i did it right.

i was on android 11. i cant install twrp or boot twrp from cmd .
rolled back to android 10
installed TWRP using the install as recovery ramdisk method
installed ROM then rebooted to system.
now im here at the boot for 20 mins now.

i dont know if i should wait
or did i do anything wrong?

i love this ROM i installed this on my previous devices , and would love to have it on my oneplus 7 pro as a daily driver.

any response would be helpful.

thanks.
p.s. i apologize for any grammar error . english is not my first language.

Reactions: cyocyu

iceberg247

Nov 3, 2014
Might just need to factory reset, though, you'll lose app data that way and have to set up clean. I never use the OTA or anything other than manually flashing ROMs. Usually the power menu showing like that means something is messed up in system ui.
Ended up clean installing. Setting everything up right now and everything's working nicely, even Google pay, no .ims battery drain. Thanks for the help

drizzy009

May 31, 2015
need help with this.
im not sure if i did it right.

i was on android 11. i cant install twrp or boot twrp from cmd .
rolled back to android 10
installed TWRP using the install as recovery ramdisk method
installed ROM then rebooted to system.
now im here at the boot for 20 mins now.

i dont know if i should wait
or did i do anything wrong?

i love this ROM i installed this on my previous devices , and would love to have it on my oneplus 7 pro as a daily driver.

any response would be helpful.

thanks.
p.s. i apologize for any grammar error . english is not my first language.
Did you get a fix? I same issue too

protechtedd

Jun 17, 2014
Just installed this badass ROM yesterday. I went through many ROMs on my OP7P trying to find the right one: Stock, Renovate ICE, xXx, MSM Xtended, crDroid, and now Evolution X. This one is the best that I've found so far, for speed, stability, features, etc. I am happy I've found it, and excited to see the future updates!

@justasic Question: How do I get OOS Camera working correctly? I installed 3.8.114, however the photos are coming through blurred, and video doesn't work at all.

Also, how do I get apps to recognize the fingerprint reader? I have my thumbs registered in the "Pixel Imprint", but it seems none of my apps detect my phone can even accept biometrics at all.

Last edited:

Faheem1234

Jul 10, 2016

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 5.2 for the OnePlus 7 Pro [guacamole]

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,
* thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
* these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
* you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
*/

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.

Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -

@joeyhuab

@peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png

What are our features?

- Just flash and check "The Evolver"

n6b8AXD.png

single tap gesture doesn't work, WFD doesn't work and No Verizon Network Support

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

u5tIlfT.png

gMGb8ee.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
1. Have latest OOS 10.x flashed to both slots!!
2. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
3. Reboot to Recovery
4. Wipe Data/Cache/System
5. Format Data (Required)
6. Flash the ROM
7. Reboot to System
8. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
9. Flash Magisk (Optional)
10. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
1. Reboot to Recovery
3. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
4. Flash Magisk (Optional)
5. Flash the ROM
6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download

Donate to me! / Official Chat / Device Support

LU9gsrQ.png

The battery is draining fast and the phone is also getting heated even with the basic use. But not on other roms like Cr Droid,MSM xtended. Please fix. I love this Rom

Nafy77

Jul 25, 2017
Hi,
I'm a bit new to this and don't get how to have OOS 10 flashed to slots, as opposed to the slot B it's flashed to now. Also will I be able to install TWRP to install magisk and restore a backup from the app Migrate?
Thanks

protechtedd

Jun 17, 2014
justasic Is there a plan to update the build for this device? The latest build was 2 months ago, and there are bugs that are causing issues with this being a daily driver as of yet. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So quiet around here... a good sign, I guess. :)

Unfortunately, not the case for me: had to flash a different ROM since I was having a considerable battery drain with this one: 4% p/hour in idle - not even BBS helped me to find the culprit.
    Also, OOS Cam was way behind its capabilities: the capturing was ok, but right after the post-processing the photos were becoming blurry and noisy.

Please mind that my only purpose here is to share my experience with the ROM. I'm not blaming anyone nor complaining whatsoever. In fact, I was very reluctant about moving to another ROM, once I tasted all the goodies in here, but that battery drain was a little too much for me.

Anyway, thanks Evolution X Team for sharing your work! 👍

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 5.2 for the OnePlus 7 Pro [guacamole]

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,
    * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
    * these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
    * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
    */

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.

Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -

@joeyhuab

@peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png

What are our features?

- Just flash and check "The Evolver"

n6b8AXD.png

single tap gesture doesn't work, WFD doesn't work and No Verizon Network Support

u5tIlfT.png

gMGb8ee.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Have latest OOS 10.x flashed to both slots!!
    3. Reboot to Recovery
    4. Wipe Data/Cache/System
    5. Format Data (Required)
    6. Flash the ROM
    7. Reboot to System
    8. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
    9. Flash Magisk (Optional)
    10. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Reboot to Recovery
    3. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
    4. Flash Magisk (Optional)
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download

Donate to me! / Official Chat / Device Support

LU9gsrQ.png

Nice ROM,so smooth,,dualboot with MSM xtended rom,
    Video with OOS Cam crash,,even with shortcut,,
    Screenshot_20210104-202500.pngScreenshot_20210104-202316.pngScreenshot_20210104-202213.pngScreenshot_20210104-202155.pngScreenshot_20210104-202249.png
    This message is for anyone that lands here who doesn't know how to flash this properly, or made a mistake in the flashing process.

WARNING: With the newest July 2021 build (after the 5.7 one) it is mandatory that you wipe your data partition before proceeding. More details in the telegram chat, but it's basically this: OnePlus released new encryption blobs, and so when you flash the newest EvoX rom, you wont be able to decrypt your data partition anymore. So, make a backup using SwiftBackup and move any files to your PC.

Clean flash proceedure:
    -> Boot to TWRP. (you need to use the Nebrassy FBEv2 version here)
    -> Flash OOS & EvoX in that order. Don't reboot.
    -> Flash Finalize.zip. Don't reboot.
    -> Format Data. Unfortunately you can't skip this step, else it will bootloop.
    -> Now you can reboot. You should reach the setup wizard. Now you can restore your files and apps.

If you get stuck in a bootloop, boot into the LineageOS Recovery image for guacamole, and format data there. I did have trouble with TWRP formatting data once (it didn't seem to do it).
    So quiet around here... a good sign, I guess. :)

Unfortunately, not the case for me: had to flash a different ROM since I was having a considerable battery drain with this one: 4% p/hour in idle - not even BBS helped me to find the culprit.
    Also, OOS Cam was way behind its capabilities: the capturing was ok, but right after the post-processing the photos were becoming blurry and noisy.

Please mind that my only purpose here is to share my experience with the ROM. I'm not blaming anyone nor complaining whatsoever. In fact, I was very reluctant about moving to another ROM, once I tasted all the goodies in here, but that battery drain was a little too much for me.

Anyway, thanks Evolution X Team for sharing your work! 👍