• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL][OOSCAM][OnePlus 7 Pro][11.0_r20] Evolution X | Emerald

Search This thread

justencase6

Dec 29, 2007
Xiaomi Poco F1
OnePlus 7 Pro
Don't know we're all the bugs are. It's a great daily. Other then can't get any other Kernal to work, I have full twrp and root , just need the nethunter add on's for wireless. Have always used Blu spark Kernal. Don't know if it's because I have twrp as recovery, the last couple upgrades I did from the system updates ,it wipes everything and won't boot.

protechtedd

Jun 17, 2014
This message is for anyone that lands here who doesn't know how to flash this properly, or made a mistake in the flashing process.

WARNING: With the newest July 2021 build (after the 5.7 one) it is mandatory that you wipe your data partition before proceeding. More details in the telegram chat, but it's basically this: OnePlus released new encryption blobs, and so when you flash the newest EvoX rom, you wont be able to decrypt your data partition anymore. So, make a backup using SwiftBackup and move any files to your PC.

Clean flash proceedure:
-> Boot to TWRP. (you need to use the Nebrassy FBEv2 version here)
-> Flash OOS & EvoX in that order. Don't reboot.
-> Flash Finalize.zip. Don't reboot.
-> Format Data. Unfortunately you can't skip this step, else it will bootloop.
-> Now you can reboot. You should reach the setup wizard. Now you can restore your files and apps.

If you get stuck in a bootloop, boot into the LineageOS Recovery image for guacamole, and format data there. I did have trouble with TWRP formatting data once (it didn't seem to do it).

Last edited:

Alecjasonn

Jul 6, 2015
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8 Pro
This message is for anyone that lands here who doesn't know how to flash this properly, or made a mistake in the flashing process.

WARNING: With the newest July 2021 build (after the 5.7 one) it is mandatory that you wipe your data partition before proceeding. More details in the telegram chat, but it's basically this: OnePlus released new encryption blobs, and so when you flash the newest EvoX rom, you wont be able to decrypt your data partition anymore. So, make a backup using SwiftBackup and move any files to your PC.

Clean flash proceedure:
-> Now you can reboot. You should reach the setup wizard. Now you can restore your files and apps.

If you get stuck in a bootloop, boot into the LineageOS Recovery image for guacamole, and format data there. I did have trouble with TWRP formatting data once (it didn't seem to do it).
What do you mean finalize.zip? Where is that provided? And what is it for?

Alecjasonn

Jul 6, 2015
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus 8 Pro
This file is hosted on the Telegram group for EvoX on our phone. Find the link on the first post of this thread, and search for finalize.zip. Basically, it copies the current slot to the inactive slot within TWRP.
It (finalize.zip) wouldn't flash correctly. I'm running the most recent build now though, and it's saying that I have no sim card installed. Everything else works normally

HFidalgo

Jan 22, 2013
Lisbon
OnePlus 7 Pro
Redmi Note 8
First of all, I wanna say thanks to the Evolution X Team for sharing their awesome work! 🙏

Not going through a full review - I'm sure that everybody here is aware of the ROM's richness! - I do need help trying to understand if the following is just happening at my end, if it is a known issue (search didn't bring any results in its regard) and/or what do I have to do to overcome it: Oneplus Settings seems to be broken.

To be more specific: when I head to Oneplus Settings » Touchscreen gestures the app crashes. On the other hand, if I reach the Touchscreen gestures through The Evolver » Gestures » System Settings it all goes well but every gesture that I pick isn't working in the Lock Screen. It's as if it isn't detected. Sometimes, the Tap to check phone also becomes unresponsive (doesn't wake the screen) after a couple of minutes in idle state.

Clean flash, from scratch. The only step that I'm a bit skeptical about is related to the Finalize.zip. The only zip I could find was in a OP6/6T thread (I don't use Telegram), although the developer says that it should work with every A/B device.

Any advice? Thanks in advance.

HFidalgo

Jan 22, 2013
Lisbon
OnePlus 7 Pro
Redmi Note 8
So quiet around here... a good sign, I guess. :)

Unfortunately, not the case for me: had to flash a different ROM since I was having a considerable battery drain with this one: 4% p/hour in idle - not even BBS helped me to find the culprit.
Also, OOS Cam was way behind its capabilities: the capturing was ok, but right after the post-processing the photos were becoming blurry and noisy.

Please mind that my only purpose here is to share my experience with the ROM. I'm not blaming anyone nor complaining whatsoever. In fact, I was very reluctant about moving to another ROM, once I tasted all the goodies in here, but that battery drain was a little too much for me.

Anyway, thanks Evolution X Team for sharing your work! 👍

Reactions: parag0n1986

AdroitSaad

Aug 31, 2021
Greyed out icons and unpause temporarily notification should be removed for Extreme battery saving in Evolution 5.9 Then it will be perfect and I bet most of us will start using it. And IDK for some reason my camera on OnePlus 7Pro isn't opening in 5.9 it was fine in 5.7 tho. Evo 5.9 is the best rom hands down <3

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

EvoBanner.png

Evolution X 5.2 for the OnePlus 7 Pro [guacamole]

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,
    * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
    * these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
    * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
    */

qE4kqsj.png

Living, Breaking, Keep Evolving.

Pixel UI, customization and more, we are Evolution X!

- Team Evolution X -

@joeyhuab

@peaktogoo (Now RealAkito)

Reach us on Twitter! @EvolutionXROM

RgqrlpK.png

What are our features?

- Just flash and check "The Evolver"

n6b8AXD.png

single tap gesture doesn't work, WFD doesn't work and No Verizon Network Support

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

u5tIlfT.png

DO NOT FLASH GAPPS, ALREADY INCLUDED

gMGb8ee.png

First Time Install / Clean Flash
    1. Have latest OOS 10.x flashed to both slots!!
    2. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    3. Reboot to Recovery
    4. Wipe Data/Cache/System
    5. Format Data (Required)
    6. Flash the ROM
    7. Reboot to System
    8. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
    9. Flash Magisk (Optional)
    10. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Update / Dirty Flash
    1. Reboot to Recovery
    2. Download the proper flashable ZIP for your device
    3. Reboot to Recovery (Optional)
    4. Flash Magisk (Optional)
    5. Flash the ROM
    6. Reboot to System and #KeepEvolving

Light Screenshots / Dark Screenshots / Download

Donate to me! / Official Chat / Device Support

LU9gsrQ.png

Nice ROM,so smooth,,dualboot with MSM xtended rom,
    Video with OOS Cam crash,,even with shortcut,,
    Screenshot_20210104-202500.pngScreenshot_20210104-202316.pngScreenshot_20210104-202213.pngScreenshot_20210104-202155.pngScreenshot_20210104-202249.png

Clean flash proceedure:

So quiet around here... a good sign, I guess. :)

Unfortunately, not the case for me: had to flash a different ROM since I was having a considerable battery drain with this one: 4% p/hour in idle - not even BBS helped me to find the culprit.
    Also, OOS Cam was way behind its capabilities: the capturing was ok, but right after the post-processing the photos were becoming blurry and noisy.

Please mind that my only purpose here is to share my experience with the ROM. I'm not blaming anyone nor complaining whatsoever. In fact, I was very reluctant about moving to another ROM, once I tasted all the goodies in here, but that battery drain was a little too much for me.

Anyway, thanks Evolution X Team for sharing your work! 👍