• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL][Vanilla & GApps]Havoc OS v4.x Sofiar

Search This thread

jhford

I'm the same builder as los one, the twrp image is just the same vache one everyone recommends so you just reinstalled the same twrp, los has been weird with getting gapps working so I've been trying to resolve that. The install instructions are just the ones the rom provides for their template and should really just be loosely followed, the only reason i dont change those is because i would probably write way too much about the install process and possible fixes to issues like the fact you should be on stock a10 before flashing when i and others provide far better support on telegram.

My advice is to use the vache moto flash tool, grab the firmware from lolinet, and flash back to stock a10, then after you make sure stock is working and everything install the twrp, wipe the data using wipe - format data on twrp, then proceed to just flash the rom via twrp.
I understand, but why when I install Vache's TWRP from TWRP-3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img file, and reboot Recovery my phone shows that TWRP 3.5.0_10-0 is installed? This has happened more times than I can count. Also, right now, I'm running stock A11, after running the Lenovo Rescue Tool. So, what do I do now, and which ROM do you suggest? I'm very familiar with LOS -it's installed on my debs, but I thought Beetle84's Havoc was also excellent. I probably shouldn't have jumped from Havoc to LOS.
Thanks

ph4n70m-404

Mar 21, 2020
github.com
Moto G Stylus
I understand, but why when I install Vache's TWRP from TWRP-3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img file, and reboot Recovery my phone shows that TWRP 3.5.0_10-0 is installed? This has happened more times than I can count. Also, right now, I'm running stock A11, after running the Lenovo Rescue Tool. So, what do I do now, and which ROM do you suggest? I'm very familiar with LOS -it's installed on my debs, but I thought Beetle84's Havoc was also excellent. I probably shouldn't have jumped from Havoc to LOS.
Thanks
_10 part doesn't really matter, i would recommend either havoc or los both are pretty stable with the least amount of bugs but keep in mind people have had trouble getting GApps to work with los currently.

jhford

_10 part doesn't really matter, i would recommend either havoc or los both are pretty stable with the least amount of bugs but keep in mind people have had trouble getting GApps to work with los currently.
Ok. Thanks. I'll reflash the most recent Havoc version. But it's been many months since I initially flashed Beetle84's version. So. Could you point me to install instructions given my current stock status?
Thanks again

jhford

I'm the same builder as los one, the twrp image is just the same vache one everyone recommends so you just reinstalled the same twrp, los has been weird with getting gapps working so I've been trying to resolve that. The install instructions are just the ones the rom provides for their template and should really just be loosely followed, the only reason i dont change those is because i would probably write way too much about the install process and possible fixes to issues like the fact you should be on stock a10 before flashing when i and others provide far better support on telegram.

My advice is to use the vache moto flash tool, grab the firmware from lolinet, and flash back to stock a10, then after you make sure stock is working and everything install the twrp, wipe the data using wipe - format data on twrp, then proceed to just flash the rom via twrp.
I searched for the vache moto flash tool but can't find it. Link?

jhford

Attachments

• vache_link.png
    vache_link.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 11

Leroy_Sparks

Jun 12, 2018
This page won't download. It just loops after clicking the "disregard" link. Anyway, is there an instructions link even if this link ever gets fixed?
Thanks
Just to verify, I tried it (the 0.6.5 windows version) and it downloads fine. MS Defender is interfering with your attempt to download the file. You need to turn it off /disable it before downloading.

I've yet to need the Vache tool so I can't offer any help on how to use it (I've only used the Lenovo utilities).

jhford

Just to verify, I tried it (the 0.6.5 windows version) and it downloads fine. MS Defender is interfering with your attempt to download the file. You need to turn it off /disable it before downloading.

I've yet to need the Vache tool so I can't offer any help on how to use it (I've only used the Lenovo utilities).
Thanks. Please explain how to use the Lenovo Utilities. I've only used Lenovo Rescue to return to stock.
Thanks again

jhford

jhford

I downloaded your fastbootd zip file, unzipped it and adb'd the .img files following Beetle84's instructions on his thread, and everything went well except for the error message that it failed to flash the "vendor" partition because it didn't exist. I continued anyway, rebooted system, and it is boot looping on the Havoc round and round we go splash screen. Any thoughts?
Thanks

ph4n70m-404

Mar 21, 2020
github.com
Moto G Stylus
OK

From what I've read, the Vache Moto Flash Tool is for flashing back to stock and has nothing to do with flashing custom ROMs.

I used Fastbootd to abd the .img files when I initially flashed Beetle84's Havoc. But your instructions in Post #1, above, infer that one should flash your Havoc ROM from TWRP, instead. Could you please clarify?
Thanks
The Vache tool was recommended because you need to flash stock android 10 to be able to boot any of theses roms and the vache tool also fixes the secondary slots vendor partition.

jhford

The Vache tool was recommended because you need to flash stock android 10 to be able to boot any of theses roms and the vache tool also fixes the secondary slots vendor partition.
OK. I'll try again. But after I do that:
1. What should I wipe before flashing either of your ROM versions, and should I format data?
2. After wiping, if any, should I flash your fastboot ROM using your method in Post #1, or your fastbootd ROM using Beetle84's method?
3. Should I wipe anything and/or format data after the ROM is flashed?
Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, but I'm a newbie flashing Moto ROMs and very familiar flashing Nexus 7 ROMs.
Thanks again

ph4n70m-404

Mar 21, 2020
github.com
Moto G Stylus
OK. I'll try again. But after I do that:
1. What should I wipe before flashing either of your ROM versions, and should I format data?
2. After wiping, if any, should I flash your fastboot ROM using your method in Post #1, or your fastbootd ROM using Beetle84's method?
3. Should I wipe anything and/or format data after the ROM is flashed?
Sorry if these seem like stupid questions, but I'm a newbie flashing Moto ROMs and very familiar flashing Nexus 7 ROMs.
Thanks again
1. fastboot -w command or twrp - wipe - format data
2. id recommend installing via twrp, both are the same his just gives the commands for fastbootd
3. use fastboot -w command or twrp - wipe - format data before flashing the rom and then no you won't need to wipe anything

jhford

1. fastboot -w command or twrp - wipe - format data
2. id recommend installing via twrp, both are the same his just gives the commands for fastbootd
3. use fastboot -w command or twrp - wipe - format data before flashing the rom and then no you won't need to wipe anything
OK. I've flashed back to stock A11 and installed Vache's Moto Flash Tool, but I can't find any instructions for using it. I attached the USB cable, double clicked "moto_flash_tool-win.exe" while running it both with stock A11 booted, and in Fastboot mode. In both cases a DOS window appears and disappears, whether I run as Administrator and not, How do I get this tool to work?
Thanks

cogofwar

Nov 29, 2021
Moto G Power (2021)
if i flash the US sofai version onto a Canadian borneo will it break my phone?

Code:
(bootloader) product: borneo
(bootloader) board: borneo
(bootloader) sku: XT2117-4
(bootloader) carrier_sku: XT2117-4
(bootloader) ro.carrier: retca

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
if i flash the US sofai version onto a Canadian borneo will it break my phone?

Code:
(bootloader) product: borneo
(bootloader) board: borneo
(bootloader) sku: XT2117-4
(bootloader) carrier_sku: XT2117-4
(bootloader) ro.carrier: retca
it wont break your phone completely, but you would need to reflash stock firmware to fix it.

these roms are not compatible with your device at all

Reactions: cogofwar

Vision919

Mar 8, 2021
Samsung Galaxy S7
Moto G Power
Hey phantom, I love the ROM and all but experienced a pretty frustrating problem. In my mobile data usage, it says I've used 2.1 GB of data on system updates (see image), even though I haven't had any updates obviously. I'm not somebody with unlimited data, which makes this that much more annoying. I hope I don't seem like I'm lashing out at you or anything, just want an answer for a frustrating issue.

-Thanks,
Vision

P.S. I do have the latest update (4.12) and this problem occurred before it. I will be glad to share any extra information if needed.
Screenshot_20220102-164215_Shady_Launcher.png

e

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
Does this work on sofia? (as opposed to sofiar)

TWRP gets touchscreen mapping all screwy. It's so squirrelly that even when I can find the spot to select the Havoc image, at the top of the screen is where I have to swipe to install, b ut it only takes it halfway then resets. Impossible to use TWRP.

Are fastboot images available?

Last edited:

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Does this work on sofia? (as opposed to sofiar)

TWRP gets touchscreen mapping all screwy. It's so squirrelly that even when I can find the spot to select the Havoc image, at the top of the screen is where I have to swipe to install, b ut it only takes it halfway then resets. Impossible to use TWRP.

Are fastboot images available?

Try the twrp images from here, they have been modified for different touch panels

Reactions: Quantumstate

Top Liked Posts