[ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL][Vanilla & GApps]Havoc OS v4.x Sofiar

Search This thread

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
The auo.img works perfectly! Thanks again Beetle84.

Got the famous boot loop though. So in TWRP did a standard wipe but it bootlooped again. I let it go 5-6 times and then the phone vibrated and booted! But I've lost everything. Have to spend a day rebuilding, but oh well.

Last edited:

robtedes123

Jan 11, 2022
auo.img worked for me as well. I rooted through magisk, but I am getting all sorts of Error opening: Operation not permitted when trying to wipe. Any thoughts? Perhaps there's something I am missing?

Also: Tried doing fastboot -w, but then when I tried to format in twrp I get a bunch of errors about mounting /metadata

Last edited:

ByteSeb

May 7, 2021
I installed the zip with TWRP, first time it didn't boot, second time it gets stuck in a bootloop. Is there any fix for this? I have a sofar and maybe it is because I am using Android 11 stock.

Also, If the ROM gets updated to Android 12, will I get the OTA update? Or will I have to flash the new version?

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
I installed the zip with TWRP, first time it didn't boot, second time it gets stuck in a bootloop. Is there any fix for this? I have a sofar and maybe it is because I am using Android 11 stock.

Also, If the ROM gets updated to Android 12, will I get the OTA update? Or will I have to flash the new version?
Definitely related to android 11 being installed. You need A10 be installed before flashing.

Tintin62

Aug 1, 2020
Hi,
Little problem ...
How to reset the config of App locker please ? (Parameters/Security/App locker).
Thanks in advance.

jhford

I want to flash this ROM. The issues:
  • I have a 2020 Chevy Bolt EV (EV) and a Moto G Power XT-2041-4 2020 (Sofia). I immediately rooted it and flashed Bettle64's A11 Havoc ROM, which was fine, he/she discontinued it. So, I tried to flash LOS A11. But stupidly, I didn't downgrade to A10 so the installation got screwed up. So, I ran the Lenovo Rescue Tool, and was back to stock Moto A11, which I have rooted and installed TWRP 3.4.0-0. I also later learned that Vasche's Flash Tool is required to downgrade to A10, which it seems I have to do before flashing this ROM.
  • Also, I use Android Auto (AA) which I really like (Maps, Podcasts, etc.).
  • Also, Moto recently announced that it won't upgrade the Sofia to A12, and I don't want to be stuck forever on stock A11.
  • So, I've tried to do a Nandroid backup of my stock A11 in TWRP, but it asks for a password which I've forgotten; any solution? Also, which of the 13 listed partitions should I select and backup?
Sorry for the length.
Thanks for any help

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
jhford, I'm on 11 Stock too and can't find anything here about Vasche's Flash Tool, but I suspect that it's Windows so I am out of luck there. (Linux only) I want to downgrade to 10 and stay there.

Android 11 is def more restrictive than 10, and 12 is almost impossible. They are attacking modders.

The password that TWRP wants is the one to unlock your system when booted normally. This also applies to pattern unlock. I always remove that before booting to TWRP.

PS: Another problem with Android 11 for those of us who use Signal messaging, is that the only permissions allowed for Signal are "Media Only", or "Deny". No Files access allowed, so you can not restore your backups, and all TXT message history is lost.

Last edited:

jhford

jhford, I'm on 11 Stock too and can't find anything here about Vasche's Flash Tool, but I suspect that it's Windows so I am out of luck there. (Linux only) I want to downgrade to 10 and stay there.

Android 11 is def more restrictive than 10, and 12 is almost impossible. They are attacking modders.

The password that TWRP wants is the one to unlock your system when booted normally. This also applies to pattern unlock. I always remove that before booting to TWRP.

PS: Another problem with Android 11 for those of us who use Signal messaging, is that the only permissions allowed for Signal are "Media Only", or "Deny". No Files access allowed, so you can not restore your backups, and all TXT message history is lost.
Thanks. I'll search my system for the Vasche (sp) Tool for you (and me).

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
Wait a minute. I have stock A11, and have read on XDA that I have to downgrade to stock A10 in order to want to flash an A11 Rom. What is the correct flashing procedure for a Moto G Power 2020 (Sofia) XT2041-4?
Thanks
I don't completely understand the question, but if you're on stock 11 you are screwed like I am. Buy another phone which has Android 10. We're stuck on Stock because of new G**gle restrictions in Android 11. (Even worse on Android 12)

Here's my guide for flashing Stock via fastboot (not fastbootd), although it's not quite complete and I don't care enough anymore to fix it since nobody else cares enough to help us.

Unzip that Stock file which you got from here if you have the XT2041-4 (or sofiar for the stylus) and choose which channel you want. If US (T-Mo or ATT or unlocked) you want RetailUS. Open up its flashfile.xml and copy/paste the contents into the white window here at the command decoder. Hit "Gerar Comandos" and it gives you the exact commands to flash that particular stock software. Needless you say you have to be in fastboot mode (VolDown+Pwr) and connected to the computer with USB.

Now, flashing Android 11 works just fine if the phone was already at 11 or lower. But if you'd been unfortunate like us to have flashed 11 onto that phone before, Android 10 will always fail to flash bootloader due to G**gle's fscking with it to prevent back-versioning. I don't care what any other threads here claim, they are wrong for the Moto.

If you press on flashing even after the bootloader error, you are rewarded with a bootloop. You can still get into fastboot mode by holding VolDown+Pwr, to try and fail again.

You must be running Android 10 or earlier to flash Havoc of any version.

Last edited:

jhford

I don't completely understand the question, but if you're on stock 11 you are screwed like I am. Buy another phone which has Android 10. We're stuck on Stock because of new G**gle restrictions in Android 11. (Even worse on Android 12)

Here's my guide for flashing Stock via fastboot (not fastbootd), although it's not quite complete and I don't care enough anymore to fix it since nobody else cares enough to help us.

Unzip that Stock file which you got from here if you have the XT2041-4 (or sofiar for the stylus) and choose which channel you want. If US (T-Mo or ATT or unlocked) you want RetailUS. Open up its flashfile.xml and copy/paste the contents into the white window here at the command decoder. Hit "Gerar Comandos" and it gives you the exact commands to flash that particular stock software. Needless you say you have to be in fastboot mode (VolDown+Pwr) and connected to the computer with USB.

Now, flashing Android 11 works just fine if the phone was already at 11 or lower. But if you'd been unfortunate like us to have flashed 11 onto that phone before, Android 10 will always fail to flash bootloader due to G**gle's fscking with it to prevent back-versioning. I don't care what any other threads here claim, they are wrong for the Moto.

If you press on flashing even after the bootloader error, you are rewarded with a bootloop. You can still get into fastboot mode by holding VolDown+Pwr, to try and fail again.

@QS (the stock symbol for Quantumscape, the solid state battery company). Very good info, but here's may situation. I don't recall if my new XT2041-4 ran A10 or A11, but I immediately flashed Beetle64's Havoc which I liked, although I also like LOS. But Beetle64 discontinued it and I decided to flash

• Here's the link to the Vache Flash Tool which seems to have both Linux and Windows versions. I've never been able to run it, so I've included RootJunky's Windows tool below.
  • It should be easier for you to borrow someone's Windows PC than a Linux PC. If so, here's the link to RootJunky's tool.
    So, you want to create a batch file from the A10 version file. See attached. First, unzip the firmware and copy paste it to RootJunky's designated folder. Then run the batch file to create RootJunky's tool and downgrade to A10.
So, my concept is that you get to go first and report back to me as to whether or not you were able to successfully downgrade to A10 and flash an A11 Rom (I don't think there are any A12 Roms, yet) since you are far braver than me. Hopefully, you'll prepare Slots A & B and explain to me how to do it, also.
Thanks again
Good luck

Attachments

• RSD_Lite_Motorola_XML_To_Batch_Script.zip
    1,011 KB · Views: 4

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
Well I am a real estate developer and absolutely need a phone during the week, even if it is Stock without my calendar or contacts synced with home using Davx5, and my Signal txt history.

I do have another phone arriving tomorrow but it will take me at least a day to rebuild it after that, with all the customization I do.

Then maybe I'll have time to experiment with the 11 phone. Borrowing a Windows machine is out of the question but I am willing to try the Vachounet program. I'm not optimistic about it though as it looks like just a crutch for the inept.

The LMSA may be another story, but then again there's the Windows problem. I am very security-conscious. And I don't have time to rebuild my laptop to make a dual-boot Windows partition; I am struggling to keep from losing my nine-house development and my own house.

jhford

Well I am a real estate developer and absolutely need a phone during the week, even if it is Stock without my calendar or contacts synced with home using Davx5, and my Signal txt history.

I do have another phone arriving tomorrow but it will take me at least a day to rebuild it after that, with all the customization I do.

Then maybe I'll have time to experiment with the 11 phone. Borrowing a Windows machine is out of the question but I am willing to try the Vachounet program. I'm not optimistic about it though as it looks like just a crutch for the inept.

The LMSA may be another story, but then again there's the Windows problem. I am very security-conscious. And I don't have time to rebuild my laptop to make a dual-boot Windows partition; I am struggling to keep from losing my nine-house development and my own house.
In the 1960's I was in my father-in-law's real estate development business. I was in charge of the attached when I was 22.

Attachments

• Barrington Plaza.jpg
    Barrington Plaza.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 7

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
Well I've got the new phone and installed Havoc 4.12, but for some reason it is not rooted.

So I unzipped the Havoc file and adb pushed boot.img to the phone, used Magisk to modify it, went back into fastboot and
# fastboot flash boot magisk_patched-23000_84X8i.img
to the phone and it went fine. I did -not- rename the file.

But when I boot it bootloops back into TWRP every time. It happens whether I laid Havoc down on slot A, and slot B.

What the Hell? Without root I can't transfer my massive files onto the phone using SSHDroid.

And, there doesn't seem to be any such thing as a Magisk.zip which you can flash with TWRP, which the OP alludes to.

I can't imagine how many n00bs must have been discouraged by the lack of extensive instructions, and given up. If I didn't know as much as I know I'd be dead by now.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts