[ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL][Vanilla & GApps]Havoc OS v4.x Sofiar

Search This thread

jhford

Well I've got the new phone and installed Havoc 4.12, but for some reason it is not rooted.

So I unzipped the Havoc file and adb pushed boot.img to the phone, used Magisk to modify it, went back into fastboot and
# fastboot flash boot magisk_patched-23000_84X8i.img
to the phone and it went fine. I did -not- rename the file.

But when I boot it bootloops back into TWRP every time. It happens whether I laid Havoc down on slot A, and slot B.

What the Hell? Without root I can't transfer my massive files onto the phone using SSHDroid.

And, there doesn't seem to be any such thing as a Magis4k.zip which you can flash with TWRP, which the OP alludes to.

I can't imagine how many n00bs must have been discouraged by the lack of extensive instructions, and given up. If I didn't know as much as I know I'd be dead by now.
Wish I could help. I've modified my stock XT2041-4 with Nova Launcher 6 to emulate my Nexus 7 tabs and I'm very happy with it. The battery life has returned to normal; it devolved to about a day with Havoc. Nova 7 is incompatible with some of my numerous widgets. So, I've set Nova not to automatically update to 7 in the Play Store. It's also rooted, but I can't do a Nandroid backup, because I can't remember the TWRP password. I would try to flash a Rom If I could Nandroid it first. Any ideas?

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
I simply can't get access to my phone, so the only improvement Havoc has made over Stock is no G**gle. For some reason setting in Developer options, Default USB Config|File Transfer, does not result in a block device being recognized when I plug in.

SSHDroid gets permission denied no matter what directory I set it to, I suspect because I can't root this phone. And no devs are helping us. I am really quite sick and tired of phone problems. Looks like many ppl have just given up. I wonder if Lineage is stable yet?

I keep a Notes file for everything, in this case in ~/utilities/hardware/phone/xt2041-4 Moto G Power. That way I can later retrace my steps. Without the nandroid password that data is lost.

I use Nova too, mainly because you can actually back up your settings and desktop. Haven't had time to look into the widgets as, frankly who knows how long these things will be around.

JPutz

Nov 15, 2021
I'r trying to upgrade to 4.12. The only problem is I can't remember when I updated to 4.10 if I installed the vanilla with Flame or the regular GApps version. My last update went to crap because I was using the rom from the other developer and had to start from scratch, but I don't remember which image I used.

Also, if it is the Flame image, do I flash the Havoc zip, then Flame, or do I reboot in between flashes? Or do I even re-install Flame for an update?

jhford

I had a hunch that I chose no password for TWRP, and I was right. What a miracle! However, the TWRP Backup Page lists the following partitions:
  • Boot
  • DTBO (?)
  • Super
  • (Metadata (0MB)
  • Data (excl. storage) (128MB)
  • Recovery (64MB)
  • Persist (1MB)
  • Bluetooth (4MB)
  • DSP (?) (32MB)
  • EFS (?) 8MB)
  • Logo (32MB)
  • super (9312 MB)
I selected Boot, Super (with the capital "C" & 3rd from the top of the list), Data, Recovery. Super (with lower case "c" & at the bottom of the list) was selected by default even though that seems to be a dup to me. The backup failed. Any ideas? By the way, Slot A is active.

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
I don't know anything about nandroid.

But here's a secret no one will tell you: TWRP and Magisk can NOT co-exist on the same partition. So it's as I've always said: Do NOT install TWRP. You have to, in fastboot, # fastboot boot twrp.img, so it's running in memory rather than on the flash. This way it's not in the way of Magisk.

jhford

I don't know anything about nandroid.

But here's a secret no one will tell you: TWRP and Magisk can NOT co-exist on the same partition. So it's as I've always said: Do NOT install TWRP. You have to, in fastboot, # fastboot boot twrp.img, so it's running in memory rather than on the flash. This way it's not in the way of Magisk.
Hmm. I've never uninstalled TWRP. How would I do that? Also, could you expand on this sentence so that I can attempt your suggestion? "You have to, in fastboot, # fastboot boot twrp.img, so it's running in memory rather than on the flash."
Thanks

JPutz

Nov 15, 2021
This is why I have a special phone directory.
Yeah, I have one for that. Unfortunately I downloaded both to it. 🤦‍♂️

Speech is not working on my phone, and if I remember right it does not with Flame, but when I installed the GApps image it did, so I think this is a vanilla rom +Flame. Good thing I have a good Nandroid backup.

So, when I upgrade, do I just install the vanilla zip or do I have to also reinstall the Flame GApps? And if I do, do I reboot after the vanilla zip install or just install after the main zip.

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
jhford: the only way to overwrite TWRP is to install Stock 10, but you can't do that already being at 11. One of the commands is # fastboot flash recovery recovery.img which lays down the stock recovery over TWRP on whichever slot is inactive.

JPutz: I'm getting too drunk to answer these questions, but I don't understand what you mean by "Speech is not working on my phone". Does this mean that you can only use speakerphone? Or that speech-to-text isn't working?

No idea what "Flame" is, and I haven't used GApps for years because G**gle is a travesty of Nature and the Greatest Data Mining Operation In The History Of The World.

So when you 'upgrade to'... what? Whatever you do do NOT install Stock 11 or 12. They will ruin your phone. I don't understand the rest of what you are talking about.

jhford

jhford: the only way to overwrite TWRP is to install Stock 10, but you can't do that already being at 11. One of the commands is # fastboot flash recovery recovery.img which lays down the stock recovery over TWRP on whichever slot is inactive.

JPutz: I'm getting too drunk to answer these questions, but I don't understand what you mean by "Speech is not working on my phone". Does this mean that you can only use speakerphone? Or that speech-to-text isn't working?

No idea what "Flame" is, and I haven't used GApps for years because G**gle is a travesty of Nature and the Greatest Data Mining Operation In The History Of The World.

So when you 'upgrade to'... what? Whatever you do do NOT install Stock 11 or 12. They will ruin your phone. I don't understand the rest of what you are talking about.
I hope you aren't developing a drinking problem. :unsure:

JPutz

Nov 15, 2021
I mean updating the rom. I am on 4.10 right now and am trying to update to the latest.

As far as speech I meant speech-to-text. FlameGApps doesn't work with the speech-to-text, at least with my experiance, and only the full google one does.

I am assuming the way to update is to flash the zip file in TWRP, that there is now way to actually do it in the rom.

Beetle84

Recognized Contributor
Well I've got the new phone and installed Havoc 4.12, but for some reason it is not rooted.

So I unzipped the Havoc file and adb pushed boot.img to the phone, used Magisk to modify it, went back into fastboot and
# fastboot flash boot magisk_patched-23000_84X8i.img
to the phone and it went fine. I did -not- rename the file.

But when I boot it bootloops back into TWRP every time. It happens whether I laid Havoc down on slot A, and slot B.

What the Hell? Without root I can't transfer my massive files onto the phone using SSHDroid.

And, there doesn't seem to be any such thing as a Magisk.zip which you can flash with TWRP, which the OP alludes to.

I can't imagine how many n00bs must have been discouraged by the lack of extensive instructions, and given up. If I didn't know as much as I know I'd be dead by now.
Rename the latest magisk.apk to magisk.zip, the file is one and the same now

Reactions: Quantumstate

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
Havoc 4.12 just can not work with Magisk.

I booted into fastboot (VolDown+Pwr) and plugged in.
I laid down Stock just to be sure and start from scratch. I finally got smart and made a script, "flashall":

# fastboot set_active a
# ./flashall
# fastboot set_active b
# ./flashall

Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo "Flashing to Stock Android 10..."
echo ""

fastboot getvar max-sparse-size
fastboot oem fb_mode_set
fastboot flash partition gpt.bin
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot flash radio radio.img
fastboot flash bluetooth BTFM.bin
fastboot flash dsp dspso.bin
fastboot flash logo logo.bin
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.0
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.1
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.2
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.3
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.4
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.5
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.6
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.7
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.8
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.9
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.10
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.11
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.12
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.13
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.14
fastboot flash super super.img_sparsechunk.15
fastboot erase carrier
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase metadata
fastboot erase ddr
fastboot oem fb_mode_clear
# fastboot boot twrp-3.5.0-0-rav-sofia.img

But when I Wipe (Factory Reset) in red I get that it is unable to mount /data and /metadata ! This should not be. This is a pure stock image.

So I Format Data and it clears that error but /metadata is still a problem. I tried an Advanced Wipe of everything; no change. I tried Repair, and Change Filesystem, everything but the kitchen sink, and nothing fixes the /metadata problem. So I give up and:

# adb push Havoc-OS-v4.12-20211221-sofiar-Official.zip /external_sd/
# adb push Magisk-v23.0.apk /external_sd/
And Installed Havoc and Magisk. Cleared Dalvik and rebooted.

It tries and tries to boot to the new slot but eventually falls back to the old slot. 4.12 looks nice and all, but I must have root. And the dev has absconded and/or doesn't know what he's doing.

JPutz, why not just install the Havoc which has GApps? Looks like you've downloaded the wrong one. I know nothing about Flame or text-to-speech.

Quantumstate

Feb 6, 2010
Ok I'm back on the air, rooted, and functional.

Went back home to momma, Havoc 4.8.

Agh, what a relief! I could even restore my Signal backups. THANK YOU Beetle84!

Last edited:

Leroy_Sparks

Jun 12, 2018
I installed Arrow to get FM radio (had been on Beetle's havoc before that). I'd like to have the radio but I do like havoc better. One thing I've encountered on the arrow ROM is a lot of stations have distorted audio (not all), even ones that usually have great reception on an old htc phone. I wonder if the moto radio is maybe not the greatest? Anyone notice similar? (I never tried fm radio while I had oem ROM).
Following up (and still wishing for FM radio 😉): I had occasion to revert my phone back to stock A10 and found the FM reception on it was strong and clear so the hardware isn't incapable. For some reason Arrow ROM (same phone & wired headphones) had very poor reception.

BTW, phone is now on Havoc 4.13

EDIT (29 Jan): With Havoc 4.13 running, I did a test based on something ph4n70m has mentioned - I installed SELinux Switch app and used it to set permissive. Sure enough, the FM radio worked! After it was functional I could switch back to enforcing and it continued to work. Now the bad news - while the FM radio worked, the reception was distorted the same as in ArrowOS. Apparently there is something different between the OEM implementation and the AOSP/Lineage implementation.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 4197323

Following up (and still wishing for FM radio 😉): I had occasion to revert my phone back to stock A10 and found the FM reception on it was strong and clear so the hardware isn't incapable. For some reason Arrow ROM (same phone & wired headphones) had very poor reception.

BTW, phone is now on Havoc 4.13

EDIT (29 Jan): With Havoc 4.13 running, I did a test based on something ph4n70m has mentioned - I installed SELinux Switch app and used it to set permissive. Sure enough, the FM radio worked! After it was functional I could switch back to enforcing and it continued to work. Now the bad news - while the FM radio worked, the reception was distorted the same as in ArrowOS. Apparently there is something different between the OEM implementation and the AOSP/Lineage implementation.

I REALLY hope someone figures out why radio is so bad soon. It's the only thing keeping me on stock. Some people might scoff at getting bent over a half-functioning fm radio, but it's more a matter of "if service is down (especially due to weather or God forbid something worse), I need information somehow".

Reactions: Leroy_Sparks

Leroy_Sparks

Jun 12, 2018
I REALLY hope someone figures out why radio is so bad soon. It's the only thing keeping me on stock. Some people might scoff at getting bent over a half-functioning fm radio, but it's more a matter of "if service is down (especially due to weather or God forbid something worse), I need information somehow".
I noticed that the radio app included in havoc is a few versions older than the most current one I can find online. Out of curiosity, on the stock ROM which version of FM Radio is installed? (on havoc it's 02.04.0001). Also, I presume you've experienced the difference in reception quality between stock and custom?

Count me as another that really wants a good FM radio. It's far more important to me than most I guess...

D

Deleted member 4197323

I noticed that the radio app included in havoc is a few versions older than the most current one I can find online. Out of curiosity, on the stock ROM which version of FM Radio is installed? (on havoc it's 02.04.0001). Also, I presume you've experienced the difference in reception quality between stock and custom?

Count me as another that really wants a good FM radio. It's far more important to me than most I guess...
On A11 the fm radio version is 02.04.0013, but I've tried older versions out of curiosity and noticed no functional differences on stock. And yes, the difference between custom roms and stock reception is night and day. On stock when I scan I find around 20 stations, on customs I find 8-10, and there's so much static when they're perfectly clear on stock.

Reactions: Leroy_Sparks

Baja24

Sep 24, 2021
Flashed this a couple of days ago. Everything seems to work good, except all volume levels are really low ? I see there was a few glitches with this build, was this one of them ? if so was previous build sound better ? I like this Rom, but may have to go back to Lineage 18.1 or Stag because of the low volume on everything.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Havoc_Logo.png

About.png

Havoc-OS 4.x is based on AOSP, inspired by Google Pixel.
    Has a refined Material Design 2 UI crafted by @SKULSHADY.
    Many useful features that provide a smooth premium experience.
    Just flash and enjoy...

Team.png

Founder & Lead Developer:
    DevOPS & Scaling:

Donate.png

If you like our work and would like to support this project then please consider donating.

UPI: anushekprasal@okhdfcbank

Links.png

About Havoc-OS: https://havoc-os.com

Official Havoc-OS Telegram Group: https://t.me/havocofficial

Official Rav/Sofia-R-P Havoc-OS Telegram Group: https://t.me/+ioAiJwr1DKZiMjJl

Havoc-OS Announcements Telegram Channel: https://t.me/Havoc_OS

Installation.png

1. Download the ROM, GApps (Optional), Magisk (Optional) from the links above.

2. Wipe System, Data, Dalvik, Cache.

3. Flash the ROM, GApps (Optional), Magisk (Optional).

4. Reboot and Enjoy.

Credits.png

And all the other Developers, Testers, Donators and Users.

Source.png

Known Issues
    • FM Radio doesn't work
    • USB tethering doesn't work on first boot
    • Must use android 10 vendor like other sofiar roms
    • Android Auto doesn't work on android 10 vendor
    • Stylus actions dies between reboots, just open it within settings

Havoc-OS, ROM for Rav/Sofia-R-P(commonly shortened to sofiar)
    Devices:
    Sofiap (Moto G Stylus/G Pro), Sofia/Sofiar (Moto G Power/G⁸ Power), and Rav (Moto G⁸/G Fast)
    Maintainer: ph4n70m
    Build Type: Official

Credits
    - Vache: The initial device and vendor tree
    - Beetle84: Giving me a ton of help
    Any plans to fix FM radio?
    Yeah I'll attempt a few things to try and fix it, worse case scenario I'll just remove it.
    Thanks for the work on this ROM. I've been using Beetle84's build of Havoc 4.8 and I figured this might be the best place to post about bugs, since the other thread is now labeled "discontinued"? I'll probably post this there too. I'm gonna install your 4.10 build soon regardless. Here are some bugs I found that are possibly still present in your build:
    • Ambient display is a little buggy. Trying to enter your PIN from the ambient display will suddenly hide the keypad and show the regular lock screen. If you do this quickly, this will all happen and also the screen will turn off (probably because tap to wake/sleep or whatever is enabled too)
    • Metadata doesn't update normally when listening to audio via Bluetooth. My car will just display the metadata for the first song until it randomly switches to a new song like 10 songs later, and be stuck on that song for a while too.
    • I put my phone on airplane mode a lot, and sometimes when I take it off, it doesn't receive texts until I enable and disable airplane mode again. Sending texts, using data, and sending/receiving phone calls still all work during this time, as far as I can tell but I haven't tested thoroughly yet. I have US Mobile using Verizon's network if that helps.
    • When I boot the phone (either cold boot or restart), there is a period between the time the phone is on and the time I've entered my password to "log in". During that time, I technically receive texts, but android deletes them automatically and there's no trace of ever having received them. This is an especially bad bug as it was difficult to even know it was happening. I was told by multiple people that I never responded to a text, when in reality I never saw it. Took forever to figure out what conditions were actually causing me to not receive them. My temporary solution to this is to always put the phone on airplane mode if I ever have to turn it off, because that way I'll have already logged in before I connect to the network.
    • Hotspot does not work, just immediately turns back off after turning it on
    If this isn't the right place to post about bugs, I apologize. I had been using Havoc on this phone for about a month and only made this account to make this post.

Edit: Should probably mention which phone I am using: it's Moto G Power 2020 (sofia)
    D
    Deleted member 4197323
    @ph4n70m-404 I'll be keeping an eye to see if you somehow manage to fix the radio without having to go permissive. While radio isn't the most important of things, it's just a nice thing to have in case service goes down or I'm in the middle of nowhere.
    if i flash the US sofai version onto a Canadian borneo will it break my phone?

Code:
    (bootloader) product: borneo
    (bootloader) board: borneo
    (bootloader) sku: XT2117-4
    (bootloader) carrier_sku: XT2117-4
    (bootloader) ro.carrier: retca
    it wont break your phone completely, but you would need to reflash stock firmware to fix it.

these roms are not compatible with your device at all