[ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL][WEEKLY] crDroid v7.6 [WHYRED][23.05.2021]

Search This thread

emme1

Nov 10, 2012
flashed from ota, stuck on boot...
downloaded zip and flashed again, cleaned caches, still same results.... help
Try to reinstall the rom and then the nikapps. if that doesn't work, if you haven't made a backup, you're in trouble. because you have to wipe data and lose all settings. What i can suggest to everyone, is what you have taught me want on the forum. Do not upgrade from ota, you have to download the update, go to recovery, mount the system partition, go to the system / addon.d folder and delete the "nikgapps" folder and the nikgaps-addons.sh file. then finally you can install the update and the nikgapps. This is the safest way that I know

Vetroplach

Feb 11, 2020
Try to reinstall the rom and then the nikapps. if that doesn't work, if you haven't made a backup, you're in trouble. because you have to wipe data and lose all settings. What i can suggest to everyone, is what you have taught me want on the forum. Do not upgrade from ota, you have to download the update, go to recovery, mount the system partition, go to the system / addon.d folder and delete the "nikgapps" folder and the nikgaps-addons.sh file. then finally you can install the update and the nikgapps. This is the safest way that I know
For me worked the mentioned reflash. I'm using flameapps.

Btw. Does anyone work backup via orange recovery/twrp? I tried it more times and after backup load it goes only to recovery not to system. I tried backup everything and it never worked. What i did wrong?

Sizzlincok

Sep 5, 2009
Toronto
I noticed that crdroid does not have lockscreen shorcuts, where as other roms do. They were kinda useful. Such as camera in the bottom right and your choice of app in bottom left.

Will you be planning to add that in or is it not possible? Just wondering. Thanks.

ManuD_Linux

Apr 11, 2006
Near Nancy, France
Hello,

Thanks for this excellent ROM ! My son is happy with it :) I have 2 questions :
1) where is the "double tap to wake up" ? I use "search" in options menus to find "double", It finds 2 occurrences in crDroid options. Both are checked, but the phone don't wake up if I double tap on it
2) I tryed lot of GCam apps (from crDroid Telegram , from Whyred GCam forums...), but I don't find one which works with the front cam.

Thanks for your help,

Manu D.

yuruyuri

Dec 30, 2019
Tokyo
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Hello,

Thanks for this excellent ROM ! My son is happy with it :) I have 2 questions :
1) where is the "double tap to wake up" ? I use "search" in options menus to find "double", It finds 2 occurrences in crDroid options. Both are checked, but the phone don't wake up if I double tap on it
2) I tryed lot of GCam apps (from crDroid Telegram , from Whyred GCam forums...), but I don't find one which works with the front cam.

Thanks for your help,

Manu D.
1) Settings -> [Display] -> [Tap to wake]
2) Please try this: GCam_7.3.018_Urnyx05-v2.5.apk

DannyDD

Oct 25, 2013
Correct me if i'm mistaken but isn't crdroid a weekly release?

I wanted to try out crdroid because 4.4 havoc is giving me problems but the miss of updates is putting me off...

I know ppl have their jobs and custom roms are a side passtime but at least don't say its a weekly release... Crdroid homepage already has 7.6 released for some devices...

Oh, and keep up the good work with one of the best custom ASOP releases... 🤗

dygogive

Apr 30, 2021
This ROM is very good! I liked that the MI camera was added. Good power consumption! There is an opportunity to control power consumption! User interface settings. And there is an opportunity to control the volume of speakers and headphones, there is an equalizer! A lot of work has been done! Thank you.

DannyDD

Oct 25, 2013
This ROM is very good! I liked that the MI camera was added. Good power consumption! There is an opportunity to control power consumption! User interface settings. And there is an opportunity to control the volume of speakers and headphones, there is an equalizer! A lot of work has been done! Thank you.
Any problems with Bluetooth audio or camera crashing? havoc 4.4 is giving me problems...

i'm torn between trying crdroid or arrow OS but can't make my mind on the two... o_O

DannyDD

Oct 25, 2013
Well, decided to go Crdroid with Nikgapps basic and it looks like all works great... :geek:

Keep up the good work and i'll be waiting for 7.6 update next for more goodies... :)(y)

DannyDD

Oct 25, 2013
Bluetooth headset is not working for listing music & call screen not showing
Both are working for me, headset BT for music and calls work as espected and call screen shows correctly...

New ota update is out! April security patch merged. Full changelog here.

Can i ask (if possible) two things to be added on the rom?

1: a way to auto turn off and turn on the phone, with MIUI i configured it to turn itself off at a certain hour and to turn itself on again the next day.

2: using BT headset, is there a way to, if i tap the headset to change volume it only changes the volume on the headset and not on the phone?
My Onyx Ace have internal volume control and i used to put the phone at max volume and control the rest with the headphones... Sound was good but with crdroid i think the volume on the phone is too high and the drivers of the headset don't like it and produce noise.

Hope i made myself understood, english isn't my main language...

Keep up the good work. 😉

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New ota update is out! Changelog here.
    New ota update is out! January 2021 security patch has been merged. Full changelog here.
    New ota update is out! Changelog here.
    New ota update is out! December security patch merged! Deep sleep is fixed now. Full changelog here.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

Recovery:

OrangeFox Recovery - https://archive.orangefox.download/OrangeFox-Stable/whyred/OrangeFox-R11.0-Stable-whyred.zip

OFFICIAL BUILDS

DOWNLOAD GAPPS

Telegram Discussion Group - https://t.me/officialcrvincewhyred

First time installing crDroid to your Redmi Note 5 Pro/AI, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Treble Recovery
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Flash magisk (optional)
    7) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 21.x or newer (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    You tell me

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources:
    Kernel - https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_xiaomi_sdm660
    ROM - https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Contributors:
    @Ruturaj Kadam
    @SakilMondal
    @sreek995
    @SebaUbuntu
    @fakeyatogod
    @attack11

ROM OS Version: 11.0 R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 19.11.2020

Created 2020-11-19
    Last Updated 2021-05-23
    New ota update is out! April security patch merged. Full changelog here.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone