• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL][WEEKLY] crDroid v7.9 [WHYRED][14.08.2021]

Search This thread

jackson_c

I cannot get the debug authorization popup for a computer to appear in this ROM. Debugging appears to be automatically enabled for all computers in ROM, but disallowed in recovery mode. Is this some ROM setting or something wrong happened to my smartphone?
Anyone else with this problem?

Hellsingoff

Dec 19, 2010
Yekaterinburg
Voice Match showing strange behavior
Got same here. I switched to AEX - this feature is working fine.
You have to accept this trade off
Any chances to fix?

MT is reading this? I think it's not very difficult to fix
KNOWN ISSUES
You tell me
Issue - Voice Match does not work.
Way to fix - add Hotword Blobs.

This bug fixed in PE/LOS and many others 01.2021

Description in RN7 tree:

Hotword Blobs:

Sorry for my bad (russian) english

MexiDroid

Mar 13, 2013
This is an amazing rom

Is there a baseband or something?
My signal on this rom is really poor...

lifesaver38

Jan 1, 2019
Grenoble
Very strange ... With DRM Info, I see that my Whyred is on Widevine Level L3 ... it does not really bother me, but is there a way to go back to a level L1? I'm looking for a lot about XDA, there are many topics making observations, but I did not find a solution ...

Reactions: VaibhavDebadiga

_VictoR_

Dec 27, 2014
New ota update is out! Changelog here.
Hello! Do you know why exactly bluetooth sound quality is bad in every custom ROM for Redmi Note 5? Do you have an idea what files/libraries/etc are responsible for that? I tried to replace audio engine files in vendor/etc and libraries in vendor/lib(64) with the files from MIUI, but nothing had changed. What do you think it can be?

DannyDD

Hello! Do you know why exactly bluetooth sound quality is bad in every custom ROM for Redmi Note 5? Do you have an idea what files/libraries/etc are responsible for that? I tried to replace audio engine files in vendor/etc and libraries in vendor/lib(64) with the files from MIUI, but nothing had changed. What do you think it can be?
What do you mean it's bad?

I always listen to music with my whyred and a pair of onyx ace wireless earbuds and they sound just great...

_VictoR_

Dec 27, 2014
What do you mean it's bad?

I always listen to music with my whyred and a pair of onyx ace wireless earbuds and they sound just great...
I mean when I use the same settings for Viper FX (I use its equalizer), MIUI has good and approapriate sound quality. If I use crDroid(or any custom ROM like RR, Nustantara, etc), on low frequences the sound are shaking too much and there's something on high frequencies, that causes a nasty feeling and a little headache after listening to music. So, it's not about my bluetooth tws earphones (I use Vivo TWS Neo and tried others too), because on MIUI everything's awesome with sound(on any version). That's why I'm trying to figure out what's wrong.

Last edited:

majorfifth

Dec 6, 2015
Yogyakarta
I mean when I use the same settings for Viper FX (I use its equalizer), MIUI has good and approapriate sound quality. If I use crDroid(or any custom ROM like RR, Nustantara, etc), on low frequences the sound are shaking too much and there's something on high frequencies, that causes a nasty feeling and a little headache after listening to music. So, it's not about my bluetooth tws earphones (I use Vivo TWS Neo and tried others too), because on MIUI everything's awesome with sound(on any version). That's why I'm trying to figure out what's wrong.
There's something wrong with your viper, or better dont use any sound mod while using tws.
Do you have any iem non tws?

_VictoR_

Dec 27, 2014
There's something wrong with your viper, or better dont use any sound mod while using tws.
Do you have any iem non tws?
Actually, doesn't matter what equalizer I use. I have to use it, because high and low frequencies are too low for me. And I don't have non tws earphones, but it's not about them, it's something with ROM's libraries, kernel or another files. That's why I asked our maintainer about that. Maybe he knows.

lifesaver38

Jan 1, 2019
Grenoble
I have always seen painstags painful with the Equalizer AudioFX in Bluetooth. It works on the first piece of music, then turns off when I go to the next. AudioFX indicates that it is active, which is wrong, deactivation and reactivation does not change anything. The only way to reactivate audiofx, which works every time is to pause the piece of music, then read. Painful, especially as under Havoc with the basic equalizer less evolved, I did not have any kind of plant.

Last edited:

MexiDroid

Mar 13, 2013
Sometimes the ui freezes and notification when a notification arrives, it freezes up to ten seconds... I have installed two times this rom on my whyred and the sane problem.
😩.

DannyDD

Sometimes the ui freezes and notification when a notification arrives, it freezes up to ten seconds... I have installed two times this rom on my whyred and the sane problem.
😩.
Never had those kind of problems with the this rom, running great as a daily driver...

BTW, if ppl don't know, @Ruturaj Kadam , already released version CrDroid V7.10 on Telegram and CrDroid homepage... :geek:

Reactions: lifesaver38

0Ananta0

Sep 17, 2020
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Hello. Great Rom. Great battery life. Thank you developers. I have discovered a bug in v7.9 , where I can't call 911 or any emergency numbers. The call simply won't show up. It might be an isolated incident for my device or, might be a general bug. Thanks.

kikoneves

Feb 18, 2011
I just came to say that this ROM is amazing. And I love the implementation, interaction and support of the MicroG Project.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update - 14/08/2021
    What's New -

Source Changelog -

* crDroid v7.9
    * Android August 2021 Security update
    * Added option to instantly/15 seconds/screen off lock app on closing for AppLocker (Settings -> Security -> App locker)
    * App lock improvements and fixes
    * Updated translations

Device Changelog -
    * Update to redfin august fp
    * Make WiFi Calling preference editable for Jio (India)
    * Use default color mode
    * Kernel compiled with clang 13.0.1
    * Kernel Upstreamed with tag v4.4.280

Old Changelogs - https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/blob/11.0/changelog_whyred.txt
    New ota update is out! June security patch has been merged. Full changelog here.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

Downloads

OFFICIAL BUILDS

DOWNLOAD GAPPS

Telegram Discussion Group - https://t.me/officialcrvincewhyred

First time installing crDroid to your Redmi Note 5 Pro/AI, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Treble Recovery
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Flash magisk (optional)
    7) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 21.x or newer (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    You tell me

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources:
    Kernel - https://github.com/okta-10/mystic_kernel_sdm660-4.4
    ROM - https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Contributors:
    @Ruturaj Kadam
    @SakilMondal
    @sreek995
    @SebaUbuntu
    @fakeyatogod
    @attack11

ROM OS Version: 11.0 R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 19.11.2020

Created 2020-11-19
    Last Updated 2021-08-14
    New ota update is out! January 2021 security patch has been merged. Full changelog here.
    New ota update is out! Changelog here.