• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL][WEEKLY] crDroid v7.9 [WHYRED][14.08.2021]

Search This thread

Drago_

Apr 3, 2015
I've been using this ROM for a few months now. I like it because of the battery life and stability.
Issues I encountered while using it.
- GPS navigation working inconsistently. It's a hit or miss. Somedays it works all day long with no problems. At other times it doesn't work at all - it doesn't fix my coordinates
- USB tethering (i.e. internet from phone's Wi-Fi to a laptop) not working at all
- sometimes the app drawer crashes and I have to force stop CRDroid Home [Launcher app] to make it work again
I'm on the version that's one month or so behind from the latest so it's possible that they are fixed.

lifesaver38

Jan 1, 2019
Grenoble
I have always seen painstags painful with the Equalizer AudioFX in Bluetooth. It works on the first piece of music, then turns off when I go to the next. AudioFX indicates that it is active, which is wrong, deactivation and reactivation does not change anything. The only way to reactivate audiofx, which works every time is to pause the piece of music, then read. Painful, especially as under Havoc with the basic equalizer less evolved, I did not have any kind of plant.
There is no one who meets this problem of equalizer who turns off at times? Well, it's simple to reactivate, but it's really painful! I even expect, just because of this, to start at a less customized Rom like Havoc or Arrows, which has a management of the equalizer simpler but especially more stable. It would be very bad because this rom is really great!

lifesaver38

Jan 1, 2019
Grenoble
Is it possible to replace Audio FX equalizer by the standard equalizer we found in Havoc or Arrows ? Audio FX bugs with Spotify and my bluetooth headphone.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update - 14/08/2021
    What's New -

Source Changelog -

* crDroid v7.9
    * Android August 2021 Security update
    * Added option to instantly/15 seconds/screen off lock app on closing for AppLocker (Settings -> Security -> App locker)
    * App lock improvements and fixes
    * Updated translations

Device Changelog -
    * Update to redfin august fp
    * Make WiFi Calling preference editable for Jio (India)
    * Use default color mode
    * Kernel compiled with clang 13.0.1
    * Kernel Upstreamed with tag v4.4.280

Old Changelogs - https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/blob/11.0/changelog_whyred.txt
    New ota update is out! June security patch has been merged. Full changelog here.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

Downloads

OFFICIAL BUILDS

DOWNLOAD GAPPS

Telegram Discussion Group - https://t.me/officialcrvincewhyred

First time installing crDroid to your Redmi Note 5 Pro/AI, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Treble Recovery
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Flash magisk (optional)
    7) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 21.x or newer (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    You tell me

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources:
    Kernel - https://github.com/okta-10/mystic_kernel_sdm660-4.4
    ROM - https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Contributors:
    @Ruturaj Kadam
    @SakilMondal
    @sreek995
    @SebaUbuntu
    @fakeyatogod
    @attack11

ROM OS Version: 11.0 R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 19.11.2020

Created 2020-11-19
    Last Updated 2021-08-14
    New ota update is out! January 2021 security patch has been merged. Full changelog here.
    New ota update is out! Changelog here.