[ROM][11.0][OFFICIAL][WEEKLY] crDroid v7.9 [WHYRED][14.08.2021]

Search This thread

DannyDD

New ota updated pushed on 19/07/2021
Hi Ruturaj, keep up the good work with thw updates...

Now, i'm having camera problems with this latest release, camera opens and then auto closes with error. Can't use it.... Bug of this version?

Clean flashed the rom and camera app still crashes... Can use camera on facebook app just fine...

Any fix or just wait for the new version?

Reactions: lifesaver38
Hi Ruturaj, keep up the good work with thw updates...

Now, i'm having camera problems with this latest release, camera opens and then auto closes with error. Can't use it.... Bug of this version?

Clean flashed the rom and camera app still crashes... Can use camera on facebook app just fine...

Any fix or just wait for the new version?
I use to have similar bug on previous version, was due to tick save Pictures to SD Card. Was fixed by clean flash on fact

DannyDD

"Fixed" my camera problem with GCAM app, camera works just fine with it...

NOW, i'm having a stupid problem that already happened before and having it just now again...

If i connect the phone to my home wifi it works fine, but if i try to connect it to my fathers wifi the phone just reboots and keeps rebooting just after i enter the password... I need to boot in secure mode and delete his wifi and the phone becomes usable again... WTF?!?

Any ideas?

lifesaver38

Jan 1, 2019
Grenoble
"Fixed" my camera problem with GCAM app, camera works just fine with it...

NOW, i'm having a stupid problem that already happened before and having it just now again...

If i connect the phone to my home wifi it works fine, but if i try to connect it to my fathers wifi the phone just reboots and keeps rebooting just after i enter the password... I need to boot in secure mode and delete his wifi and the phone becomes usable again... WTF?!?

Any ideas?
Same problem for me. Wifi ok at home, but with my father WiFi it's KO !

DannyDD

Same problem for me. Wifi ok at home, but with my father WiFi it's KO !
Tried to change some of the configs of the router, turned off all the unecessary crap and even tried to connect to it without security and the phone still reboots... I know it's a problem with the connection with that frikin router but can't figure out what it is...

Sidenote, when my whyred had miui installed i could acess just fine that wifi...

DannyDD

Hi peeps, just a little feedback from my camera problems and a quick question...

Camera app, after factory restoring the phone and cleaning the sd card is working just fine thakn god... :)

Question, if i do a factory restore from the menu of crdroid, do i need to install nikgapps again? I ask this because i restored the phone, forgot to re-install nikgapps but i think the apps are (i think all) installed...

Anyone?

Going to test this weekend the wifi problem at my dad's again with the phone restored, lets see if it still reboots...

UPDATE.: Wifi problem is still there even after the factory restore, and what's best is that more people with diferent mobiles have the SAME problem... I'm stuned...

Last edited:

showmik99

Oct 15, 2019

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

Downloads

OFFICIAL BUILDS

DOWNLOAD GAPPS

Telegram Discussion Group - https://t.me/officialcrvincewhyred

First time installing crDroid to your Redmi Note 5 Pro/AI, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Treble Recovery
1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
2) Boot into Recovery
3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
4) Flash ROM
5) Flash gapps
6) Flash magisk (optional)
7) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 21.x or newer (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
You tell me

Don't expect any support if you:
- are not running the included kernel
- have installed any mods such as Xposed!
- have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
- LineageOS
- SlimRoms
- AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
- OmniRom
- NamelessROM
- Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources:
Kernel - https://github.com/okta-10/mystic_kernel_sdm660-4.4
ROM - https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Contributors:
@Ruturaj Kadam
@SakilMondal
@sreek995
@SebaUbuntu
@fakeyatogod
@attack11

ROM OS Version: 11.0 R
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
Stable
Stable Release Date: 19.11.2020

Created 2020-11-19
Last Updated 2021-07-19
Does anybody Has any problems with charging in the latest version 7.8 or is it just me please need urgent help. when i plug in my device it shows that it's connected but the charging indicator doesn't light up and the battery percentage also remains the same, however after i leave it plugged in my phone automatically shuts down. need help!

DannyDD

Does anybody Has any problems with charging in the latest version 7.8 or is it just me please need urgent help. when i plug in my device it shows that it's connected but the charging indicator doesn't light up and the battery percentage also remains the same, however after i leave it plugged in my phone automatically shuts down. need help!
Never had charging problems with any rom...

Did u already try with a diferent charger and diferent cable? i would start there...

if it still does the same, check if the micro usb conector has any crap inside that's preventing the cable conector to go all in and/or if the conector of the phone itself has any verdigris.

ucarcamagnu

Jan 6, 2012
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Hello, yes I almost always have my phone not charging when I use my car charger. Restarting the phone is a workaround.

yuruyuri

Dec 30, 2019
Tokyo
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Hello, yes I almost always have my phone not charging when I use my car charger. Restarting the phone is a workaround.
In that case, try flashing a custom kernel. In my environment, I am using Extended-Kernel-4.4-Eas-Oldcam-V81, and so far I have not had the problem you mentioned. I had the same problem in some previous versions and the same method solved the problem in that case.

emme1

Nov 10, 2012
I have deleted the nikgapps files, then I have flashed the upgrade then the nikgapps.
This procedure usually let me start the crdroid without problem.
Unfortunately, this time I had to reset data because the device doesn't started.
No problem because I had the backup, but I would like understand the right way..
The next time I upgrade without delete the nikgapps files.
The ROM seems work well but from 7.7 build the WiFi screen doesn't works anymore.
But don't worry, this firmware is the top for my phone! Thank you!

douardda

Nov 27, 2012
Just upgraded (OTA) from 7.8 to 7.9 but it won't boot. I've tried to wipe caches with no success.
Here is a logcat:

https://nextcloud.sdfa3.org/s/k2Bn7eRNGXqP8pK

There are at least several fatal errors in the main system process due to permissions, plus some errors about missing vendor libs.

edit: I've tried to revert to 7.8 but it does not help, same result...
Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: emme1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update - 14/08/2021
    What's New -

Source Changelog -

* crDroid v7.9
    * Android August 2021 Security update
    * Added option to instantly/15 seconds/screen off lock app on closing for AppLocker (Settings -> Security -> App locker)
    * App lock improvements and fixes
    * Updated translations

Device Changelog -
    * Update to redfin august fp
    * Make WiFi Calling preference editable for Jio (India)
    * Use default color mode
    * Kernel compiled with clang 13.0.1
    * Kernel Upstreamed with tag v4.4.280

Old Changelogs - https://github.com/crdroidandroid/android_vendor_crDroidOTA/blob/11.0/changelog_whyred.txt
    New ota update is out! June security patch has been merged. Full changelog here.

crDroid is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device also attempting to bringing many of the best features existent today. We're mainly based on LineageOS so use custom kernels compatible with them!

BE3pE0l.png

Features
    Click for feature list

Always Have a full functional Backup. Just in case!

Downloads

OFFICIAL BUILDS

DOWNLOAD GAPPS

Telegram Discussion Group - https://t.me/officialcrvincewhyred

First time installing crDroid to your Redmi Note 5 Pro/AI, or coming from another ROM:

** Make sure you're running the latest TWRP Treble Recovery
    1) Copy crDroid zip, gapps zip to your device
    2) Boot into Recovery
    3) Wipe cache, system, & data (or just cache & system for a dirty flash).
    4) Flash ROM
    5) Flash gapps
    6) Flash magisk (optional)
    7) Boot up

For root, AFTER you boot into the ROM, you can go back to recovery and install Magisk 21.x or newer (whatever is most recent).

Upgrading from earlier version of crDroid:
    The only difference between clean flash as above and upgrading is you just wipe system & cache, leaving data. Everything else is the same. ***Remember to always clean flash before reporting problems. Clean flashing is always the best method of ROM install.

KNOWN ISSUES
    You tell me

Don't expect any support if you:
    - are not running the included kernel
    - have installed any mods such as Xposed!
    - have modified system files

Thanks to:

- Google
    - LineageOS
    - SlimRoms
    - AOSPA (Paranoid Android)
    - OmniRom
    - NamelessROM
    - Many others... (if you're feeling upset being out of the thanks list just send a PM )

Sources:
    Kernel - https://github.com/okta-10/mystic_kernel_sdm660-4.4
    ROM - https://github.com/crdroidandroid

Contributors:
    @Ruturaj Kadam
    @SakilMondal
    @sreek995
    @SebaUbuntu
    @fakeyatogod
    @attack11

ROM OS Version: 11.0 R
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information
    Stable
    Stable Release Date: 19.11.2020

Created 2020-11-19
    Last Updated 2021-08-14
    New ota update is out! January 2021 security patch has been merged. Full changelog here.
    New ota update is out! Changelog here.