• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][OnePlus 3/3T] Pixel Experience [Plus Edition][21/09/2021]

Search This thread

fredengels

Oct 29, 2011
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
Nevertheless, humour me, tell me, pretty please, I beg you.
@Gaurav24
I have Googled "Android encryption conditions root".
Reliable sources say must NOT be rooted, before attempting encryption. Otherwise messes up system and you will have to factory reset.(as i found to my cost) But can root after a successful encryption.
So whats special about PE that you can Successfully encrypt whilst rooted?

Last edited:

fredengels

Oct 29, 2011
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
no don't enable secure start-up, bug is with secure start-up.
I did a fresh clean install.
Confirmed NO ROOT and NO PIN secure boot.
Started encryption.
Finished in just a few minutes.(first time ever no G logo loop!)
Checked in settings for encryption OK.
Seems Ok,
Rebooted OK. No problems.
Setup pin for secure boot. Everything OK.
Reboot. Entered pin.
Went into G logo loop.

Next test will be, before enccryption, to add PIN secure boot .
Reboot, enter pin, try encryption.

That final test ended in the G logo loop.

CONCLUSION
Encryption is NOT fixed.
Maintainer @Gaurav24 should post accordingly.

Last edited:

BoGoon

Oct 2, 2019
Hi, I flashed ROM Plus, but it has been on the Google logo for an hour and it does not come up. What is the problem? Can you help me?
Hum, same problem here. The installation process was :
- latest TWRP
- clean flash + format data (W unencrypted phone)
- previous Pixel Experience version (not Plus)
- latest Magisk
- OTA

The process was launched 2 hours earlier and I don't dare to touch anything.

I don't know what secure boot is.

Reactions: alireza_50

fredengels

Oct 29, 2011
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
Hum, same problem here. The installation process was :
- latest TWRP
- clean flash + format data (W unencrypted phone)
- previous Pixel Experience version (not Plus)
- latest Magisk
- OTA

The process was launched 2 hours earlier and I don't dare to touch anything.

I don't know what secure boot is.
I would just reboot to see what happens..
You will still be able to get into TWRP if necessary to retry the update, after downloading the ZIP or reinstall the old er version from your storage.?
I find I have to reinstall Magisk separately,.

Secure boot. Is when it asks for e,g, a PIN, after boot up, before you can enter your system. You setup secure boote.g. a PIN) in Security Settings,

BoGoon

Oct 2, 2019
I would just reboot to see what happens..
You will still be able to get into TWRP if necessary to retry the update, after downloading the ZIP or reinstall the old er version from your storage.?
I find I have to reinstall Magisk separately,.

Secure boot. Is when it asks for e,g, a PIN, after boot up, before you can enter your system. You setup secure boote.g. a PIN) in Security Settings,
I tried to reboot but I'm stuck in the Google logo bootloop. I've tried to restore a TWRP backup but I've got the same issue.

fredengels

Oct 29, 2011
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
That's what I did after formating data but of course I'm now stuck with a non encrypted phone. What should I have done ? Not format data ?
Any attempt at encryption will leave you in a loop at the loading G logo. As I and others have found out, despite maintainer saying it has been fixed.
My instructions were to get you back to a NON encrypted form. Then you decide what to do. It's a good ROM otherwise.
If you want encryption, you will have to try other ROMs - possibly with their own problems, but hope not for you.
I've already in earlier post asked maintainer earlier to post it is NOT fixed , but he appears to have gone asleep at the wheel.😖

Last edited:

fredengels

Oct 29, 2011
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
Any attempt at encryption will leave you in a loop at the loading G logo. As I and others have found out, despite maintainer saying it has been fixed.
My instructions were to get you back to a NON encrypted form. Then you decide what to do. It's a good ROM otherwise.
If you want encryption, you will have to try other ROMs - possibly with their own problems, but hope not for you.
I've already in earlier post asked maintainer earlier to post it is NOT fixed , but he appears to have gone asleep at the wheel.😖
If you try other ROMs, AND you have ever replaced your screen with a non OEM screen, you could end up with frequent black screens annoyingly difficult to get out of. Only this PE ROM, seems to be the one which resolved this. Pretty cool, I say.

dlhxr

May 26, 2011
New York City
Hi, I am
If you try other ROMs, AND you have ever replaced your screen with a non OEM screen, you could end up with frequent black screens annoyingly difficult to get out of. Only this PE ROM, seems to be the one which resolved this. Pretty cool, I say.
But things changed from the latest build (20210729). It gives me the black screen. Maybe this one caused the issue?

fredengels

Oct 29, 2011
OnePlus 3
OnePlus 3T
Hi, I am
But things changed from the latest build (20210729). It gives me the black screen. Maybe this one caused the issue?
I was running the PE+ (202110729) from the time it was issued OK without the black screen.
But have not used it for now over a week as I have been hospitalised without access to my op3. It may be another week or so before I can get back into running it.
My only concern was the encryption attempt resulting in a darkened G logo loop.
In your case, perhaps a completely reformat then reflash?(obviously without encryption attempt). Always frustrating but exciting?

Top Liked Posts