• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0][OnePlus 3/3T] Pixel Experience [Plus Edition][25/07/2021]

Search This thread

Gaurav24

Jan 28, 2017
Ranchi
Pixel Experience | Plus Edition

Update #5.1 (Hotfix Update)

🗓 16th May 2021 Build

📎: LINK

Standard Edition - 1.21 GB

https://download.pixelexperience.or...ence_oneplus3-11.0-20210516-1636-OFFICIAL.zip

Plus Edition - 1.21 GB
https://download.pixelexperience.or...Plus_oneplus3-11.0-20210516-1636-OFFICIAL.zip

🆑:CHANGELOG

Device ChangeLog
:-
1) Added Blur in developer option
2) google assistant (ok google) fixed
3) Kernel Panic fixed while charging
4) OverHeat fixed

ROM ChangeLog :-
May 2021 Security Patch
Updated Source (r37)
...and More Click here to view

For ROM Based Discussion Join :- https://t.me/PixelExperienceOP3 (Telegram)
For more updates Join :- https://t.me/OnePlus3Updates (Telegram)

Donation :-
PayPal - www.paypal.me/kgaurav24 (International)

Last edited:

Gaurav24

Jan 28, 2017
Ranchi
Reactions: Sjhingan

hoblet

Mar 9, 2012
Newcastle
First just want to say thanks to Gaurav24 (and any other Devs that work on it) as this Rom went on really smooth and worked like a charm. ( Until I broke it :/ )

I enabled secure startup and now stuck at G progress bar on reboot. Had to format data but managed to take backup. Even on clean install same thing is happening on enabling secure startup. Is the prompt where it asks pin for decrypt removed ?
^^ Have had the same happen to mine.
I have a stock, previously untouched in terms of ROMs and unlocking, OP3T.
Fresh install of Pixel Experience Plus on Saturday evening. Followed the guides exactly and everything worked great (no encryption at this time). get OTA hotfix update on Sunday (Yesterday) without issue. Rom is super smooth and impressive (thanks Gaurav24).

Sunday evening I enabled secure start-up in settings (same screen as setting Pin/Pattern). Warned that this will take roughly an hour. 12 hours later still on G icon without change. Restarting into TWRP asks for pattern to unlock (which works so pattern is working ) but cannot reboot into ROM, jus eternally on the G icon.

Is it possible to encrypt Pixel Experience Plus on these phones yet or is there something I'm doing wrong? I had presumed from earlier releases/comments that encryption was working, so I presume I've missed a step.

I will try and follow the steps mentioned previously to remove the lock file, backup and restore data etc in TWRP and adb this evening to recover my apps/data, but I could always do a fresh install if this doesn't work, or if I need to do something different in order to enabled secure boot correctly.

.... Just an update - my attempt to follow the instructions to recover the data and remove encryption failed, and I am now installing clean and fresh.

Last edited:

hoblet

Mar 9, 2012
Newcastle
Just an update for anyone in a similar situation (and what not to do I guess)

My attempt to follow the instructions to recover the data and remove encryption failed, and I am now installing clean and fresh.

Step to recover data if stuck at secure startup
  1. Delete /data/system/locksettings.db from recovery
  2. Take backup of data in recovery
  3. adb pull sdcard to local
  4. format data partition (removes encryption)
  5. adb push twrp_backup
  6. restore backup
  7. boot system
  8. reset pin

Tried following the steps given above.
I presumed step one was specifically *only* the .db file and not the two other files called locksettings.XYZ
The abd pull (using OnePlus charging cable to USB 3.1 port on Win 10 PC ) took 1 hour.
The adb push to bring it back took 2 hours.
"Boot system" step went back to infinite G logo. Rebooting to TWRP then asked for password (I had previously only set a pattern) and failed to mount /data again, so a bit of a brick wall there

Last edited:

ranjeet choudhary

Apr 16, 2015
Just an update for anyone in a similar situation (and what not to do I guess)

My attempt to follow the instructions to recover the data and remove encryption failed, and I am now installing clean and fresh.

Tried following the steps given above.
I presumed step one was specifically *only* the .db file and not the two other files called locksettings.XYZ
The abd pull (using OnePlus charging cable to USB 3.1 port on Win 10 PC ) took 1 hour.
The adb push to bring it back took 2 hours.
"Boot system" step went back to infinite G logo. Rebooting to TWRP then asked for password (I had previously only set a pattern) and failed to mount /data again, so a bit of a brick wall there
you need to delete the other files with name locksettings and make sure you are formatting the data partition and not just cleaning

ranjeet choudhary

Apr 16, 2015
First just want to say thanks to Gaurav24 (and any other Devs that work on it) as this Rom went on really smooth and worked like a charm. ( Until I broke it :/ )

^^ Have had the same happen to mine.
I have a stock, previously untouched in terms of ROMs and unlocking, OP3T.
Fresh install of Pixel Experience Plus on Saturday evening. Followed the guides exactly and everything worked great (no encryption at this time). get OTA hotfix update on Sunday (Yesterday) without issue. Rom is super smooth and impressive (thanks Gaurav24).

Sunday evening I enabled secure start-up in settings (same screen as setting Pin/Pattern). Warned that this will take roughly an hour. 12 hours later still on G icon without change. Restarting into TWRP asks for pattern to unlock (which works so pattern is working ) but cannot reboot into ROM, jus eternally on the G icon.

Is it possible to encrypt Pixel Experience Plus on these phones yet or is there something I'm doing wrong? I had presumed from earlier releases/comments that encryption was working, so I presume I've missed a step.

I will try and follow the steps mentioned previously to remove the lock file, backup and restore data etc in TWRP and adb this evening to recover my apps/data, but I could always do a fresh install if this doesn't work, or if I need to do something different in order to enabled secure boot correctly.

.... Just an update - my attempt to follow the instructions to recover the data and remove encryption failed, and I am now installing clean and fresh.
encryption works without enabling secure start-up but that is waste as the purpose of encryptions to secure data is not happening. you can boot to recovery and it wont ask for pin

thekingmen

Mar 9, 2011
I've tried to clean flash this following the pixel experience instruction and version 2021-05-16 I'm stuck in a boot loop too. Tried multiple times to clean and install and the result is always the same. After the first flash, I've waited 10-20 minutes and the phone stay on the G logo.
My data is encrypted so it's not the issue. and it can also be properly decripted from twrp 3.5.2-9-0.
Any recommendation ? I guess i'll restore my backup.
Edit : well at least I can restore the backup of pixel experience 10 without any issue.

Last edited:

fathaahansar

Nov 29, 2015
Hyderabad
I've tried to clean flash this following the pixel experience instruction and version 2021-05-16 I'm stuck in a boot loop too. Tried multiple times to clean and install and the result is always the same. After the first flash, I've waited 10-20 minutes and the phone stay on the G logo.
My data is encrypted so it's not the issue. and it can also be properly decripted from twrp 3.5.2-9-0.
Any recommendation ? I guess i'll restore my backup.
Edit : well at least I can restore the backup of pixel experience 10 without any issue.
My guess is a problem with enabling secure boot option. I had reported this in previous versions too, and still have the option disabled as I daily drive my device. Flash PE10, disable secure boot option and then flash PE11. This is what I did

BaBuJI0H

Jun 15, 2017
#Bug

Vulkan API isn't supported on PE+11. Not found any sources for Vulkan on Android 11, but I'm not an OS dev, maybe you know more. Do you know when the support for Vulkan API can be available in AOSP?

beta_serpico

Sep 7, 2020
Hello there,

I upgraded to 16th may hotfix via OTA last week. Since this update, I experienced 2 reboot while I'm using the phone (Facebook app in one case and Play Store in the other).

I did a flash clean only when I upgraded from pixel 10 unofficial to pixel 11 official.

Anyone experienced similar issue? @Gaurav24 any ideas?

Thanks for this amazing ROM!

manichew0201

Mar 25, 2018
This is by far the most stable Android 11 ROM for our device. Mine like many others is literally almost 5 years old. And I'm as ecstatic to use my phone today just as when i had purchased it. Thanks to the developers. The only question i have is, is it possible to get more than 2.5 hours of SOT and less than 5% of battery drain during deep sleep when I'm not using it at night? If there is a way, requesting someone to please let me know. Thanks again. Cheers !

mvalda01

Apr 5, 2017
This is by far the most stable Android 11 ROM for our device. Mine like many others is literally almost 5 years old. And I'm as ecstatic to use my phone today just as when i had purchased it. Thanks to the developers. The only question i have is, is it possible to get more than 2.5 hours of SOT and less than 5% of battery drain during deep sleep when I'm not using it at night? If there is a way, requesting someone to please let me know. Thanks again. Cheers !
If you turn on airplane mode at night, you'll have nearly 0% battery drain.

K0a0z7uya

May 31, 2021
Hello there,

I upgraded to 16th may hotfix via OTA last week. Since this update, I experienced 2 reboot while I'm using the phone (Facebook app in one case and Play Store in the other).

I did a flash clean only when I upgraded from pixel 10 unofficial to pixel 11 official.

Yes actually i've been experiencing similar problems since i flashed the build because previously i was using LOS 17.1 and decided to use PE 11+ due to a friend's recommendation. I have had several issues including reboot (as you stated), i find the phone lagging during usage of apps like facebook and others (again as you stated), i'm also experiencing rare crashes in settings, the phone seems to lag and stop working normally after getting locked itself mentioning that the screen locks itself and after pressing power button to unlock, it freezes for a while. i also experience unnecessary heating at times but that's okay, it's not causing much issues.

I'm sorry, i'm new here and have never been a part of a discussion before and i'm basically a noob but i have flashed different custom roms on various devices before. And yes i made sure i had a clean flash by side load (as in the official guide) so the above problems aren't caused by a fault. I hope the DEVs look into these issues and maybe even let us know what could have caused the problems. And i'm really thanful for the ROM and honestly it's been a really good experience with the rom so far. Thank you

Hello there,

Since the last update, i am also facing random freezes and reboots. I also tried a clean flash and the issue still persists.

Nice rom though, i've been using it since 10 (Plus Edition) without any issues until the last update.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

K0a0z7uya

May 31, 2021
Since the last update, i am also facing random freezes and reboots. I also tried a clean flash and the issue still persists.

Nice rom though, i've been using it since 10 (Plus Edition) without any issues until the last update.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!
I tried flashing Arrow OS 11 too and came up with the same issues as I had with pixel Experience. I had experience screen wake issues too like the screen not waking up even after pressing home button and power button. Have you been experiencing this issue too? It seems the Android 11 roms for Oneplus 3t all have issues like this.

thekingmen

Mar 9, 2011
My guess is a problem with enabling secure boot option. I had reported this in previous versions too, and still have the option disabled as I daily drive my device. Flash PE10, disable secure boot option and then flash PE11. This is what I did
You were right that it was the secure boot option - I mean the settings that you can enable under Security so that the phone ask you your schemas BEFORE starting android. It protect your data before the os boot.

I disabled this settings and I was able to install pixel 11 and boot it. I was also able to restore applications and settings. I set the new schema and re-enabled the secure boot to ask the schema before the os start.

Just one reboot later, with this feature enable, I can't boot into android. It just stay in the G loading screen, like originally after the installation with the option enabled.

Unfortunately, this means I cannot use this rom. Yeah this is a big deal for me. With an unlocked bootloader and no password to protect the disk, anyone that find my phone can snoop around and access all the accounts I had authenticated on the phone.

Not sure what I'm gonna do. For now I will restore the pixel 10 that has been out of security update for a while.

Geez If only I could find a stable rom that can simply provide me with security updates on time each month, and works with basic (and build-in on all recent phone) security feature like disk encryption and schema before boot. Pixel 10 would be good too, if only it had security updates more recent than decembre.

Reactions: ranjeet choudhary

Top Liked Posts