• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][OnePlus 5] AOSP for OnePlus 5 [06 OCTOBER 2021][Locked bootloader]

Search This thread

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210613.zip

Changelog:
  • June 2021 Security Patch (synced with AOSP android-11.0.0_r38)
  • Synced with LineageOS sources
  • Switch to AMR files for call recording (for better quality and compatibility)
  • SettingsExtra: add option to enable vibration at call connect/disconnect
If you are using TWRP, remember to flash also the persist_twrp zip.
If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled.

Reactions: kaidelorenzo

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210615.zip

Changelog:
  • Fix stock recovery not working
If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled.

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
If I want to update this with an unlocked Bootloader and no TWRP can I just do "apply update from ADB" from the stock recovery?
Will I lose all my data?

Thanks
Yes, you can side load and you will not lose any data. But you need to flash gapps and magisk if you are using also those, and that will not work from the stock recovery.

Also, in the 20210613 release, recovery was not working so with this particular OS version side load is not working.

itsy

Apr 18, 2010
Many thanks for this awesome rom! After not caring that much with the new OP5 since release I now started back to look into custom roms and found this jewel of a thread!

I have a question regarding the flash process with a locked bootloader (so 100% stock at the moment):

In #240 you state that to flash the OS, the bootloader needs to be unlocked at least once.
From the second post I understand that it is possible to flash signed images via the stock recovery (like TWRP and the ROM itself).

With this I tried to adb sideload signed_TWRP.zip via stock recovery, but it fails at 47% (which after a quick google might be ok), however I cannot boot into the newly flashed recovery. The stock recovery also reports an error.

Is this just not possible with a locked boot loader?

If it is not possible, how would I be able to upgrade OTA & gapps (which are apparently not signed), if I did not persist TWRP after flashing an OTA?
Only through unlocking the bootloader again (resulting in the device being wiped)?

Sorry for being a little extra careful but it's been four years since the last custom rom action and I rather want to know what I'm getting at (or maybe I just get old and more careful, who knows...)

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
Many thanks for this awesome rom! After not caring that much with the new OP5 since release I now started back to look into custom roms and found this jewel of a thread!

I have a question regarding the flash process with a locked bootloader (so 100% stock at the moment):

In #240 you state that to flash the OS, the bootloader needs to be unlocked at least once.
From the second post I understand that it is possible to flash signed images via the stock recovery (like TWRP and the ROM itself).

With this I tried to adb sideload signed_TWRP.zip via stock recovery, but it fails at 47% (which after a quick google might be ok), however I cannot boot into the newly flashed recovery. The stock recovery also reports an error.

Is this just not possible with a locked boot loader?

If it is not possible, how would I be able to upgrade OTA & gapps (which are apparently not signed), if I did not persist TWRP after flashing an OTA?
Only through unlocking the bootloader again (resulting in the device being wiped)?

Sorry for being a little extra careful but it's been four years since the last custom rom action and I rather want to know what I'm getting at (or maybe I just get old and more careful, who knows...)
So, when I talk about 'stock recovery', I mean the stock recovery from the ROM. Not the Oxygen OS recovery.

In order to flash this ROM, you need to unlock the bootloader. After that, you can lock it again and flash the TWRP using the stock recovery (that is the recovery of the ROM) when needed.
A question: why do you need locked bootloader? I see that a lot of people actually don't need it.

itsy

Apr 18, 2010
Many thanks for the quick reply an the clarification!
Could you maybe add this info (stock vs. Oxygen bootloader) to your second post to make things clear?

I don't really mind unlocking the boot loader, but thought it would make more sense (especially as your rom is marketed for this).

I'll go down the wipe path then 😁

bonswouar

Mar 3, 2016
The ROM does not support signature spoofing, however I can see that there are custom microG installers that 'try' to add signature spoofing from twrp. Example:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-nanomod-5-0-20170405-microg-t3584928

Sure, but I'm still working on it. I can confirm that you can avoid any initial bootloader warning with this ROM, but I still need to fix a couple of issue before releasing the guide and the needed binaries (a signed TWRP is necessary).
I wanted to give a try installing microG with this rom and I encounter some issues.

As you can see on the official NanoDroid documentation (and on the forum link you shared):
  • Patcher does not work from TWRP
  • Patcher works from Magisk if your ROM's services.jar already contains classes.dex
So I didn't try with TWRP but it seems pointless, and I can't find any /system/framework/services.jar in system files so I guess this couldn't work either.

Did I miss something or there is really no way to have Signature spoofind with this rom (for now)?

Thank you!

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
I wanted to give a try installing microG with this rom and I encounter some issues.

As you can see on the official NanoDroid documentation (and on the forum link you shared):

So I didn't try with TWRP but it seems pointless, and I can't find any /system/framework/services.jar in system files so I guess this couldn't work either.

Did I miss something or there is really no way to have Signature spoofind with this rom (for now)?

Thank you!
I just checked and services.jar is indeed present in this ROM. How did you search it?

itsy

Apr 18, 2010
OK, so couple of remarks I have from using it the first days (again first custom Rom in a while):
  • To get setup assistant, at least omni gapps are required (took ages for me to figure out lol)
  • I have had some weird internet/Dns issues I cannot pinpoint (no logcat unfortunately - will try to get one if it occurs again):
    • With gapps linked in first post, Chrome would give me DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET on WiFi, but not on 4G. Fixed by installing most current gapps.
    • Once 4G from the first sim did not connect, but second sim worked. Fixed by toggling airplane mode.
    • Once a app (Home assistant) was unable to connect (connection timed out) but worked in Chrome. Restart solved it.
  • Is there a way to add "Cards & Passes" from Google Pay to Power Menu (https://source.android.com/devices/tech/connect/quick-access-wallet?hl=en)?
Ather than these small issues, quite happy after 2 days, many thanks for the effort!

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
OK, so couple of remarks I have from using it the first days (again first custom Rom in a while):
  • To get setup assistant, at least omni gapps are required (took ages for me to figure out lol)
  • I have had some weird internet/Dns issues I cannot pinpoint (no logcat unfortunately - will try to get one if it occurs again):
    • With gapps linked in first post, Chrome would give me DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET on WiFi, but not on 4G. Fixed by installing most current gapps.
    • Once 4G from the first sim did not connect, but second sim worked. Fixed by toggling airplane mode.
    • Once a app (Home assistant) was unable to connect (connection timed out) but worked in Chrome. Restart solved it.
  • Is there a way to add "Cards & Passes" from Google Pay to Power Menu (https://source.android.com/devices/tech/connect/quick-access-wallet?hl=en)?
Ather than these small issues, quite happy after 2 days, many thanks for the effort!
  • Well, I assume gapps issue/thing here :)
  • Do you have an adblocker installed?
  • Technically, yes, but I need to look at why by default there is no power menu entry (even Lineage does not have one, I think).
Thanks for the report!

itsy

Apr 18, 2010
  • Well, I assume gapps issue/thing here :)
  • Do you have an adblocker installed?
  • Technically, yes, but I need to look at why by default there is no power menu entry (even Lineage does not have one, I think).
Thanks for the report!
No adblocker/VPN at all.

I have set private DNS from automatic to disabled in settings but not sure if that has helped. I'll try to get a logcat next time.

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210708.zip

Changelog:
  • July 2021 Security Patch (synced with AOSP android-11.0.0_r39)
  • Enable 'Cards and passes' (Settings -> System -> Gestires -> Power menu)
    • Requires Google Pay installed
  • Gestures are now working properly
  • SettingsExtra: add option to enable on-screen navigation bar
  • SettingsExtra: add option to turn off capacitive buttons backlight
  • Update Call Recording/Vibration: both call recording and vibration now actually starts when other side picks up (and not when you dial the number!)
  • SettingsExtra: add option to select Call Recordings directory

Last edited:

itsy

Apr 18, 2010
Very cool, many thanks!

I do now get the option to enalbe "Cards and Passes", but when it is enable the whole power menu crashed, defaulting back to standard shutdown/reboot menu.

I verified that QuickAccessWallet is installed with GApps, using NikGapps-stock-arm64-11-20210704-signed.zip:
cheeseburger:/ $ pm list packages -f | grep QuickAccessWallet package:/system/product/priv-app/QuickAccessWallet/QuickAccessWallet.apk=com.android.systemui.plugin.globalactions.wallet

Logcat is attached.

Attachments

• logcat_quickaccesswallet.log
    680.2 KB · Views: 5

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
Very cool, many thanks!

I do now get the option to enalbe "Cards and Passes", but when it is enable the whole power menu crashed, defaulting back to standard shutdown/reboot menu.

I verified that QuickAccessWallet is installed with GApps, using NikGapps-stock-arm64-11-20210704-signed.zip:
cheeseburger:/ $ pm list packages -f | grep QuickAccessWallet package:/system/product/priv-app/QuickAccessWallet/QuickAccessWallet.apk=com.android.systemui.plugin.globalactions.wallet

Logcat is attached.
Interesting, it's working fine for me with Nikgapps. Did you installed also Google Pay?

itsy

Apr 18, 2010
Yes, I have Google Pay installed and already paid with it.
Clearing data for the Google Pay app and reinstalling it from Play Store also do not change it.

Maybe it could be related to updating Gapps due to my Chrome issue.
But not sure how to test it except a full wipe/reinstall which I kind of want to avoid after just having it all set up again 😅

itsy

Apr 18, 2010
Just did a full wipe (data, cache, dalvik + /sdcard/Android/data/com.google.* + /sdcard/Android/data/com.android.*) and installed 20210708 with NikGapps-stock-arm64-11-20210704.
GPay is installed and available with one card but I get exactly the same error in logcat as posted.

Which Gapps are you using exactly if it works for you?

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
Just did a full wipe (data, cache, dalvik + /sdcard/Android/data/com.google.* + /sdcard/Android/data/com.android.*) and installed 20210708 with NikGapps-stock-arm64-11-20210704.
GPay is installed and available with one card but I get exactly the same error in logcat as posted.

Which Gapps are you using exactly if it works for you?
I modified the 'core' NikGapps (NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20210601-signed) editing the config file to include the QuickAccessWallet stuff, so I don't think you can test this.

I'll try with the stock NikGapps and let you know if I find the same issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    AOSP for OnePlus 5
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it!
    */
    This ROM boots also with a locked bootloader.
    See second post to get more information.
    Introduction

This projects aims to create an upgradable AOSP build system for the Oneplus 5 (Cheeseburger).
    No repository from AOSP is changed: no commit over AOSP is at the moment present on the sources for this ROM.

All the changes are provided in separate repositories (HALs, kernel): this allows to upgrade Android with minimal effort, potentially also for future major versions.

Most of the added repositories is provided by LineageOS or CAF, so thanks to them for those repos.

Screenshots are attached.
    Known issues

See Third post.

Changelog

See third post.

Download

Releases can be found on AndroidFileHost: here
    Old releases on SourceForge: here
    Installation

Backup everything and remove PIN protection before installing this ROM.
    The provided zip can be installed using the TWRP recovery: clear data while doing that.

The ROM expects the firmware from OOS 10.0.1: different firmwares are not tested.

GApps can be found here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/nikgapps/files/Releases/NikGapps-R/30-Jan-2021/

The provided recovery allows only flashing signed images: use TWRP if you need to flash GApps or different packages.
    If you want to keep the TWRP flashed, flash the persist_twrp.zip provided here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/aosponeplus/files/Misc/
    And flash the TWRP image you prefer (if you have a locked bootloader, follow the steps in the second post).
    Sources

Manifest on github: https://github.com/robertoglandroid/local_manifests
    Kernel on github: https://github.com/robertoglandroid/kernel_oneplus_msm8998

Telegram discussion group here!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP for OnePlus 5, ROM for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
    robertogl
    Source Code: https://github.com/robertoglandroid/local_manifests

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-10-29
    Last Updated 2021-10-06
    Actually, I changed my mind. I'll only release new OS updates with the Lineage-based kernel for now. While I understand people who wants Lazy kernel, it is giving me more issues to debug compared to the 'old' kernel.
    If you really want Lazy kernel, you can keep the bootloader unlocked and flash it on the device from recovery.
    So, if you had any issue with 20210320 release, please try this new one and let me know.

New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210405.zip
    • Switch back to the Lineage-based kernel
    • Synced with LineageOS sources
    • SettingsExtra: fix 'set vibration intensity' on Lazy kernel
    • Fix search not working on Settings app
    • Fix wrong strings on 'System' page in the Settings app
    • Fix audio not working during some calls
    • Fix wrong NFC icon tile
    • Improve fingerprint responsiveness with screen off

If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled. This boot image is now updated (signed_magisk_boot_20210405.img)
    New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210504.zip

Changelog:
    • May 2021 Security Patch (synced with AOSP android-11.0.0_r37)
    • Phone now turns on automatically if an alarm is set
    • Fix device rebooting into recovery while listening to Whatsapp audio messages with LED manager enabled

@akii rock this should fix the issue you mentioned :)
    New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210123.zip

Changelog:
    • Sync LineageOS 18.1 product definition sources
    • Fix VoWifi not working
    • Add option to show the VoWifi icon on status bar (SettingsExtra)

If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled. This boot image is now updated (signed_magisk_boot_20210123.img)
    New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210418.zip

Changelog:
    • Sync kernel sources with LineageOS
      • Should fix charging issues
    • Various fixes to SettingsExtra
      • Fix some issues with Dynamic Modem
      • Fix an issue causing the VoLTE icon to not be present in some situations
      • Disable call recording in case of VoLTE/VoWifi calls (Android does not support recording those calls)
    If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled. This boot image is now updated (signed_magisk_boot_20210418.img)