• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][OnePlus 5] AOSP for OnePlus 5 [06 OCTOBER 2021][Locked bootloader]

Search This thread

itsy

Apr 18, 2010
I can also try stock or core gapps, however the required binaries for QuickAccessWallet are not supplied, right?
So you added QuickAccessWallet only and not the whole PixelLauncher, which QuickAccessWallet would be a part of?
Code:
PixelLauncher=1
>>PixelLauncher=1
>>DevicePersonalizationServices=1
>>QuickAccessWallet=1

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
I can also try stock or core gapps, however the required binaries for QuickAccessWallet are not supplied, right?
So you added QuickAccessWallet only and not the whole PixelLauncher, which QuickAccessWallet would be a part of?
Code:
PixelLauncher=1
>>PixelLauncher=1
>>DevicePersonalizationServices=1
>>QuickAccessWallet=1
I only added the 'QuickAccessWallet' line:
>>QuickAccessWallet=1
became
QuickAccessWallet=1

Anyway, I can confirm that with Stock Nikgapps the power menu crashes. I'm looking into this.

Edit: I think that the issue with NikGapps is that they provide a 'broken' apk of QuickAccessWallet.
QuickAccessWallet is open source and available in AOSP, in fact the apk is already present in the latest OS release. Stock NikGapps overwrite it with their own, and that brokes things apparently.

Core NikGapps does not include the QuickAccessWallet apk, so the default one works as expected.

Last edited:
Reactions: kaidelorenzo

itsy

Apr 18, 2010
Core NikGapps does not include the QuickAccessWallet apk, so the default one works as expected.

You are a genius! Dirty flashed the OTA and then Gapps Basic and it worked directly.
Did not even have to activate QuickAccessWallet in GApps config.

Also found the solution to my DNS issue with Chrome: Seems Chrome requires a reboot to fully integrate, so after a normal reboot all issues are gone.

KatayHan

May 20, 2017
Does this rom have "hold back button to kill" and "long screenshot" features, just like crDroid rom?

If yes, I'll switch to this rom immediately

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210808.zip

Changelog:
  • August 2021 Security Patch (synced with AOSP android-11.0.0_40)
  • SettingsExtra: fix an issue causing call recording to not detect call ending
  • SettingsExtra: fix issue causing buttons backlight to stay with screen off
If you are using TWRP, remember to flash also the persist_twrp zip.
If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled.

itsy

Apr 18, 2010
Thanks for the new release! Will try it out during the week.

Some questions that came up after using it for a month:
  • Is there an easy way to disable one of the SIM cards completely when using Dual-SIM? In Oxygen OS, this is easly done from Settings > Mobile Networks > SIM1/2 > Enabled
  • Is there an easy way to toggle/switch between the SIM cards for data? In Oxygen OS, there was a Quick-Settings tile that could would switch between the two on toggle
Thanks1

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
Thanks for the new release! Will try it out during the week.

Some questions that came up after using it for a month:
  • Is there an easy way to disable one of the SIM cards completely when using Dual-SIM? In Oxygen OS, this is easly done from Settings > Mobile Networks > SIM1/2 > Enabled
  • Is there an easy way to toggle/switch between the SIM cards for data? In Oxygen OS, there was a Quick-Settings tile that could would switch between the two on toggle
Thanks1
I don't think these are present in AOSP. Also, in a couple of months we'll have (hopefully) Android 12, so I don't know if it makes sense to add now new stuff on A11.

TestSpecimen

Mar 23, 2013
www.thetestspecimen.com
New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210808.zip

Changelog:
  • August 2021 Security Patch (synced with AOSP android-11.0.0_40)
  • SettingsExtra: fix an issue causing call recording to not detect call ending
  • SettingsExtra: fix issue causing buttons backlight to stay with screen off
If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled.

What a solid ROM. Just wanted to say thanks for the effort. It has brought my OnePlus 5 back to life again.

I haven't noticed any bugs other than those reported so far (mainly the settings bugging out before you enable the lock screen). I will report back if I have anything useful to add.

Keep up the good work!

Reactions: robertogl

Captain'Murica

Nov 15, 2014
Bangalore
Hi, I don't want to root after installing the ROM because I am worried about safetynet even with magisk. I rely on certain apps so I do not want the hassle. Is it possible to install gcam with the dotfix without root?

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
Hi, I don't want to root after installing the ROM because I am worried about safetynet even with magisk. I rely on certain apps so I do not want the hassle. Is it possible to install gcam with the dotfix without root?
I don't use gcam, so I cannot answer to that, but you can have magisk and pass safetynet without issues. I have this configuration (this rom + magisk + safetynet passing) as my daily driver.

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210919.zip

Changelog:
  • September 2021 Security Patch (synced with AOSP android-11.0.0_43)
  • A lot of code changes to prepare support for Android 12
If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled. This boot image is now updated (signed_magisk_boot_20210919.img)

TestSpecimen

Mar 23, 2013
www.thetestspecimen.com
Is anyone else having problems with GPS not working?

I have just noticed after trying to use Google Maps and being unable to get a lock on my location. It does find me after a while but I assume that is wifi/mobile rather than GPS.

I tried a GPS checker app too and no lock on.

I am mainly asking here as I recently changed my battery (along with upgrading to this ROM) and I am aware it could be a loose internal cable or something, but before I rip the phone apart again I thought I would ask.

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
Is anyone else having problems with GPS not working?

I have just noticed after trying to use Google Maps and being unable to get a lock on my location. It does find me after a while but I assume that is wifi/mobile rather than GPS.

I tried a GPS checker app too and no lock on.

I am mainly asking here as I recently changed my battery (along with upgrading to this ROM) and I am aware it could be a loose internal cable or something, but before I rip the phone apart again I thought I would ask.
Hi, GPS is working fine here on latest release (tested using using the 'GPS Test' app).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a quick question regarding this ROM.

I have installed various releases now. Including the 06/10 version above. On previous ROMs on other phones over the years I was able to dirty flash a ROM and then reboot, and in general all was well.

With this ROM, if I do that, google apps will bug out requesting google play services. If I then install gapps (Nik Gapps Basic in my case) then the problem is mostly sorted. However, some core google apps such as phone, gmail, maps etc. will continue to bug out (i.e. not open) until I uninstall and reinstall them from the play store.

What I am basically wondering, is if there is a better way of doing things to avoid this. If not, no problem, it is not a big issue, and I will continue doing it the way I do.

Also, thanks again for the great ROM. I see you just released an Alpha for Android 12.0! The future is bright for the OnePlus 5 lol.
    Hi, the issue you are saying can be solved easily. When you apply the OTA ROM update, enter in the recovery and:
    - flash the OTA zip
    - flash the GApps zip (same GApps that were installed before)
    - reboot

Do not reboot without installing both the zips :) I follow these steps and I don't have any issue with gapps.

And yes, A12 is coming to life!
    New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210919.zip

Changelog:
    • September 2021 Security Patch (synced with AOSP android-11.0.0_43)
    • A lot of code changes to prepare support for Android 12
    If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled. This boot image is now updated (signed_magisk_boot_20210919.img)
    New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20211006.zip

Changelog:
    • October 2021 Security Patch (synced with AOSP android-11.0.0_46)
    AOSP for OnePlus 5
    Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it!
    */
    This ROM boots also with a locked bootloader.
    See second post to get more information.
    Introduction

This projects aims to create an upgradable AOSP build system for the Oneplus 5 (Cheeseburger).
    No repository from AOSP is changed: no commit over AOSP is at the moment present on the sources for this ROM.

All the changes are provided in separate repositories (HALs, kernel): this allows to upgrade Android with minimal effort, potentially also for future major versions.

Most of the added repositories is provided by LineageOS or CAF, so thanks to them for those repos.

Screenshots are attached.
    Known issues

See Third post.

Changelog

See third post.

Download

Releases can be found on AndroidFileHost: here
    Old releases on SourceForge: here
    Installation

Backup everything and remove PIN protection before installing this ROM.
    The provided zip can be installed using the TWRP recovery: clear data while doing that.

The ROM expects the firmware from OOS 10.0.1: different firmwares are not tested.

GApps can be found here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/nikgapps/files/Releases/NikGapps-R/30-Jan-2021/

The provided recovery allows only flashing signed images: use TWRP if you need to flash GApps or different packages.
    If you want to keep the TWRP flashed, flash the persist_twrp.zip provided here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/aosponeplus/files/Misc/
    And flash the TWRP image you prefer (if you have a locked bootloader, follow the steps in the second post).
    Sources

Manifest on github: https://github.com/robertoglandroid/local_manifests
    Kernel on github: https://github.com/robertoglandroid/kernel_oneplus_msm8998

Telegram discussion group here!

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOSP for OnePlus 5, ROM for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
    robertogl
    Source Code: https://github.com/robertoglandroid/local_manifests

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-10-29
    Last Updated 2021-10-06
    Actually, I changed my mind. I'll only release new OS updates with the Lineage-based kernel for now. While I understand people who wants Lazy kernel, it is giving me more issues to debug compared to the 'old' kernel.
    If you really want Lazy kernel, you can keep the bootloader unlocked and flash it on the device from recovery.
    So, if you had any issue with 20210320 release, please try this new one and let me know.

New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210405.zip
    • Switch back to the Lineage-based kernel
    • Synced with LineageOS sources
    • SettingsExtra: fix 'set vibration intensity' on Lazy kernel
    • Fix search not working on Settings app
    • Fix wrong strings on 'System' page in the Settings app
    • Fix audio not working during some calls
    • Fix wrong NFC icon tile
    • Improve fingerprint responsiveness with screen off

If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled. This boot image is now updated (signed_magisk_boot_20210405.img)
    I have a quick question regarding this ROM.

I have installed various releases now. Including the 06/10 version above. On previous ROMs on other phones over the years I was able to dirty flash a ROM and then reboot, and in general all was well.

With this ROM, if I do that, google apps will bug out requesting google play services. If I then install gapps (Nik Gapps Basic in my case) then the problem is mostly sorted. However, some core google apps such as phone, gmail, maps etc. will continue to bug out (i.e. not open) until I uninstall and reinstall them from the play store.

What I am basically wondering, is if there is a better way of doing things to avoid this. If not, no problem, it is not a big issue, and I will continue doing it the way I do.

Also, thanks again for the great ROM. I see you just released an Alpha for Android 12.0! The future is bright for the OnePlus 5 lol.
    Hi, the issue you are saying can be solved easily. When you apply the OTA ROM update, enter in the recovery and:
    - flash the OTA zip
    - flash the GApps zip (same GApps that were installed before)
    - reboot

Do not reboot without installing both the zips :) I follow these steps and I don't have any issue with gapps.

And yes, A12 is coming to life!
    New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210504.zip

Changelog:
    • May 2021 Security Patch (synced with AOSP android-11.0.0_r37)
    • Phone now turns on automatically if an alarm is set
    • Fix device rebooting into recovery while listening to Whatsapp audio messages with LED manager enabled

@akii rock this should fix the issue you mentioned :)
    New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210123.zip

Changelog:
    • Sync LineageOS 18.1 product definition sources
    • Fix VoWifi not working
    • Add option to show the VoWifi icon on status bar (SettingsExtra)

If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled. This boot image is now updated (signed_magisk_boot_20210123.img)