Arzignano, Italy
New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210418.zip

Changelog:
  • Sync kernel sources with LineageOS
    • Should fix charging issues
  • Various fixes to SettingsExtra
    • Fix some issues with Dynamic Modem
    • Fix an issue causing the VoLTE icon to not be present in some situations
    • Disable call recording in case of VoLTE/VoWifi calls (Android does not support recording those calls)
If you are using TWRP, remember to flash also the persist_twrp zip.
If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled. This boot image is now updated (signed_magisk_boot_20210418.img)

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210419.zip

Changelog:
  • SettingsExtra: enable call recording on volte/vowifi calls
I confirmed that it is actually working fine :)

If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled.

Reactions: alexeybi

bonswouar

Mar 3, 2016
Thanks for the great work @robertogl
Seeing the "Future plans" section, it seems that most features are working and stable, right ? Are there other issues ?

Also is it still planned to be able to use this separate repository for future major upgrades, have you checked for Android 12 for example ?

P.S. You forgot to update the end of your first post, "Last Updated 2021-03-20" ;)

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
Thanks for the great work @robertogl
Seeing the "Future plans" section, it seems that most features are working and stable, right ? Are there other issues ?
I'm using as daily driver and I don't see particular issues :) I think it's stable also from the feedback I usually get.
Also is it still planned to be able to use this separate repository for future major upgrades, have you checked for Android 12 for example ?
Already tested to be working: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...07-mar-2021-aosp-master-experimental.4243779/
P.S. You forgot to update the end of your first post, "Last Updated 2021-03-20" ;)
You're right :)

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210504.zip

Changelog:
  • May 2021 Security Patch (synced with AOSP android-11.0.0_r37)
  • Phone now turns on automatically if an alarm is set
  • Fix device rebooting into recovery while listening to Whatsapp audio messages with LED manager enabled
If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled.

@akii rock this should fix the issue you mentioned :)

akii rock

Jan 11, 2013
OnePlus 5

Changelog:
  • Fix device rebooting into recovery while listening to Whatsapp audio messages with LED manager enabled

Thanks @robertogl

Powablocks

Aug 18, 2015
OnePlus 5
Hello,
I've installed the last version and it is working really well. It's smoother than the one from January that I was using.
I have a little problem with the battery using where the percentage a wrong as you can see on these screens. (They are in French if you want me to put my phone in English and screenshot again telle me)
Screenshot_20210511-064419.png
Screenshot_20210511-064428.png

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
Hello,
I've installed the last version and it is working really well. It's smoother than the one from January that I was using.
I have a little problem with the battery using where the percentage a wrong as you can see on these screens. (They are in French if you want me to put my phone in English and screenshot again telle me)
Hi, did you charge your phone up to 100%?

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
Yes it was fully charged.
I've fully charged it again and I have the same problem with the percentage not adding to 100%
I think it's actually a common 'issue', if not the android behaviour somehow:
https://www.reddit.com/r/GalaxyS8/comments/75kjkv

Powablocks

Aug 18, 2015
OnePlus 5
Thanks for your answer, I see but I think it's link to aosp because I didn't saw a problem like this with oxygenos before.
Hope it will work bette when android 12 will be out. Have a good day.

Nenef

May 25, 2021
Hello,

I've a question about this rom.
I've installed it a few month ago with the new kernel
On the newer rom the old kernel has came back , and I would have liked to know how to update my version with the new one without loosing any data ?
Is it possible ?

Regards

Romain

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
Arzignano, Italy
Hello,

On the newer rom the old kernel has came back , and I would have liked to know how to update my version with the new one without loosing any data ?
Is it possible ?

Regards

Romain
Hi, you can simply flash the latest OTA file from recovery (e.g. with TWRP). You will not lose any data, but you'll need to flash again magisk/gapps/custom recovery if you are using them :)

Reactions: Nenef

Nenef

May 25, 2021
Hi, you can simply flash the latest OTA file from recovery (e.g. with TWRP). You will not lose any data, but you'll need to flash again magisk/gapps/custom recovery if you are using them :)
Thanks for your awnser, il will try tonight :)
I was not confident about this :(
Regards
Romain

kaidelorenzo

• Dec 24, 2017
    Hi, I'm planning on switching to a custom rom on my OnePlus 5 to upgrade to 11 and then 12. I'm really into this one because of the ability to lock the bootloader and pass SafetyNet without root/magisk. I've only used stock roms and LineageOS in the past. How does this rom compare to LineageOS? Are there things that I would miss? Thanks!

Last edited:

kaidelorenzo

• Dec 24, 2017
    Does anyone know, if I'm planning on having my bootloader locked, do I still need to unlock it to get this rom installed? Will it work to follow the instructions on my phone, as it is, with the bootloader locked?

robertogl

Sep 18, 2007
    Arzignano, Italy
    Does anyone know, if I'm planning on having my bootloader locked, do I still need to unlock it to get this rom installed? Will it work to follow the instructions on my phone, as it is, with the bootloader locked?
    You need a custom recovery to flash the OS, so you need to have unlocked the bootloader at least one time.

Hi, I'm planning on switching to a custom rom on my OnePlus 5 to upgrade to 11 and then 12. I'm really into this one because of the ability to lock the bootloader and pass SafetyNet without root/magisk. I've only used stock roms and LineageOS in the past. How does this rom compare to LineageOS? Are there things that I would miss? Thanks!
    Never actually used LineageOS on my device, so I'll let others to reply here :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Hello,

Is it possible ?

Regards

Romain
      New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210613.zip

Changelog:
      • June 2021 Security Patch (synced with AOSP android-11.0.0_r38)
      • Synced with LineageOS sources
      • Switch to AMR files for call recording (for better quality and compatibility)
      • SettingsExtra: add option to enable vibration at call connect/disconnect
      New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210615.zip

Changelog:
      • Fix stock recovery not working
      AOSP for OnePlus 5
      Code:
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it!
      */
      This ROM boots also with a locked bootloader.
      See second post to get more information.
      Introduction

This projects aims to create an upgradable AOSP build system for the Oneplus 5 (Cheeseburger).
      No repository from AOSP is changed: no commit over AOSP is at the moment present on the sources for this ROM.

All the changes are provided in separate repositories (HALs, kernel): this allows to upgrade Android with minimal effort, potentially also for future major versions.

Most of the added repositories is provided by LineageOS or CAF, so thanks to them for those repos.

Screenshots are attached.
      Known issues

See Third post.

Changelog

See third post.

Download

Releases can be found on AndroidFileHost: here
      Old releases on SourceForge: here
      Installation

Backup everything and remove PIN protection before installing this ROM.
      The provided zip can be installed using the TWRP recovery: clear data while doing that.

The ROM expects the firmware from OOS 10.0.1: different firmwares are not tested.

GApps can be found here:
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/nikgapps/files/Releases/NikGapps-R/30-Jan-2021/

The provided recovery allows only flashing signed images: use TWRP if you need to flash GApps or different packages.
      If you want to keep the TWRP flashed, flash the persist_twrp.zip provided here:
      https://sourceforge.net/projects/aosponeplus/files/Misc/
      And flash the TWRP image you prefer (if you have a locked bootloader, follow the steps in the second post).
      Sources

Manifest on github: https://github.com/robertoglandroid/local_manifests
      Kernel on github: https://github.com/robertoglandroid/kernel_oneplus_msm8998

Telegram discussion group here!

XDA:DevDB Information
      AOSP for OnePlus 5, ROM for the OnePlus 5

Contributors
      robertogl
      Source Code: https://github.com/robertoglandroid/local_manifests

ROM OS Version: Android 11
      ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x

Version Information
      Stable

Created 2020-10-29
      Last Updated 2021-06-15
      Actually, I changed my mind. I'll only release new OS updates with the Lineage-based kernel for now. While I understand people who wants Lazy kernel, it is giving me more issues to debug compared to the 'old' kernel.
      If you really want Lazy kernel, you can keep the bootloader unlocked and flash it on the device from recovery.
      So, if you had any issue with 20210320 release, please try this new one and let me know.

New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210405.zip
      • Switch back to the Lineage-based kernel
      • Synced with LineageOS sources
      • SettingsExtra: fix 'set vibration intensity' on Lazy kernel
      • Fix search not working on Settings app
      • Fix wrong strings on 'System' page in the Settings app
      • Fix audio not working during some calls
      • Fix wrong NFC icon tile
      • Improve fingerprint responsiveness with screen off

If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled. This boot image is now updated (signed_magisk_boot_20210405.img)
      New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210418.zip

Changelog:
      • Sync kernel sources with LineageOS
        • Should fix charging issues
      • Various fixes to SettingsExtra
        • Fix some issues with Dynamic Modem
        • Fix an issue causing the VoLTE icon to not be present in some situations
        • Disable call recording in case of VoLTE/VoWifi calls (Android does not support recording those calls)
      If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled. This boot image is now updated (signed_magisk_boot_20210418.img)
      New release: aosp_cheeseburger-ota-user-20210123.zip

Changelog:
      • Sync LineageOS 18.1 product definition sources
      • Fix VoWifi not working
      • Add option to show the VoWifi icon on status bar (SettingsExtra)

If you are using Magisk and a locked bootloader, flash also the boot image with magisk preinstalled. This boot image is now updated (signed_magisk_boot_20210123.img)

Changelog: