[ROM][11.0][ONEPLUS 5T] crDroid Android 7.3 [11 FEB 2020]

stensch

Jan 23, 2011
After installing the 15th January, 2021 update through the Updater app (it booted into twrp and installed with code 1 Success), the phone is stuck at crDroid color splashing logo. I did not disable pin, so the phone is encrypted. Now TWRP shows false pin when trying to decrypt. Even tried with OrangeFox recovery that is supposed to decrypt R11 - same result, incorrect pin. Is there any hope/anything I can try to save my data?

Edit:
I tried flashing latest firmware > crDroid > FlameGApps Android 11 full > Magisk v21.2 > Wipe Caches from OrangeFox recovery.
I copied all the archives to a USB stick and used OTG cable to mount it in the recovery. OrangeFox allows to flash even when unencrypted.

Tested with both:
crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210115-dumpling-v7.2.zip (latest)
and
crDroidAndroid-11.0-20201215-dumpling-v7.1.zip (previous version)
both ended up stuck at the logo.

I attached the flamegapps debug logs from the latest version, if that helps.

At this point I must accept defeat and will wipe everything to remove encryption & try clean.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: hawki

Mr.Conkel

Oct 10, 2020
London
You can t
After installing the 15th January, 2021 update through the Updater app (it booted into twrp and installed with code 1 Success), the phone is stuck at crDroid color splashing logo. I did not disable pin, so the phone is encrypted. Now TWRP shows false pin when trying to decrypt. Even tried with OrangeFox recovery that is supposed to decrypt R11 - same result, incorrect pin. Is there any hope/anything I can try to save my data?

Edit:
I tried flashing latest firmware > crDroid > FlameGApps Android 11 full > Magisk v21.2 > Wipe Caches from OrangeFox recovery.
I copied all the archives to a USB stick and used OTG cable to mount it in the recovery. OrangeFox allows to flash even when unencrypted.

Tested with both:
and

I attached the flamegapps debug logs from the latest version, if that helps.

At this point I must accept defeat and will wipe everything to remove encryption & try clean.
You can try to back up your device to a connected on like a laptop or something else. As you can't store anything on the device because it encrypted. But you should be able to use it as read-only.

hawki

Mar 2, 2014

Edit:

Tested with both:
and

I attached the flame gapps debug logs from the latest version, if that helps.

I was having the same issue. I found that i had to wipe completely for a fresh install, and the install using Flame gapps. Note that there is no pixel launcher in their "full" version, but it is available as an addon via Flame soundforge page if you look for it. Haven't tried rooting yet, so fingers crossed there are no issues with that

Personally I prefer the Nikgapps to Flame. I actually came on here to ask if anyone knows why there was a switch. TIA

Mr.Conkel

Oct 10, 2020
London
I was having the same issue. I found that i had to wipe completely for a fresh install, and the install using Flame gapps. Note that there is no pixel launcher in their "full" version, but it is available as an addon via Flame soundforge page if you look for it. Haven't tried rooting yet, so fingers crossed there are no issues with that

Personally I prefer the Nikgapps to Flame. I actually came on here to ask if anyone knows why there was a switch. TIA
I wouldn't say a "switch" the overall apps you get are the exact same. Just the package sizes can be different and they come from different developers. OpengApps, FlamegApps l, and Nikgapps are all very valid ways of getting Google play for your device none of which should cause any issue and even if they do it would be the gapps package at fault not the rom. Maybe not in every single case but in most

Mr.Conkel

Oct 10, 2020
London
Why flash gapps again when dirty flashing an update? Doesn't Google Play update the components automatically anyway?
Unless you want a specific application as system then there not any reason too flash them again. But switching package sizes is something you can do by just flashing over what you have and it'll add the extras.

Reactions: robotkoer

temp567

Nov 1, 2020
Nice work thus far on CRDroid7 / Android11 for Oneplus5t.

There are probably many things in the works for the next release.

Just a few items I've noticed, would like to see fixed:

--Waze app does not render and display map.
--Can't do screenshots in landscape orientation.
--Would love to see the long press power button option to turn on/off flashlight.
--TWRP Recovery is over written with stock version after first boot. (To upgrade I've been just using adb and fastboot commands in ubuntu in the mean time.)

Otherwise, I very much appreciate your efforts!

Best Regards! Thanks!

waze started to work with a flash of th

There are probably many things in the works for the next release.

Just a few items I've noticed, would like to see fixed:

--Waze app does not render and display map.
--Can't do screenshots in landscape orientation.
--Would love to see the long press power button option to turn on/off flashlight.
--TWRP Recovery is over written with stock version after first boot. (To upgrade I've been just using adb and fastboot commands in ubuntu in the mean time.)

Otherwise, I very much appreciate your efforts!

Best Regards! Thanks!

just flashed this version of nikgapps and waze started rendering maps properly.

NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20201231-signed.zip

just landscape screenshots left on the wish list.

thanks!

criza

Jan 2, 2014
Hi, thanks a lot for this ROM!

What would be great to have is the feature from OxygenOS, to be able to take pictures with the fingerprint sensor!

hawki

Mar 2, 2014
anyone else out there having issues when rooting and/or just using this ROM? I'm finding ii often gets stuck on the boot screen

hawki

Mar 2, 2014
me either. just stuck on book screen. Seems to be a Magisk issues cause when i did everything without magisk all went well. What version are people using to successfully root?

hawki

Mar 2, 2014
I'm using up to date canary 21401 version. Have never had an issue with canary.
question - re magisk - when you download via Maanger, you use to just be able to install via manader. I can't seem to figure that out now, now where the zip gets downloaded too. Could you help me out with that? actually, it is 100% a Magisk issue

Last edited:

hawki

Mar 2, 2014
And I just installed the same magisk version as you. And this is what I mean by "stuck". Just stay there. Doesn't complete the boot

100.jpg

Mr.Conkel

Oct 10, 2020
London
In the installation instructions what's mean "Remove PIN protection"? This applies to the pattern or fingerprint protection too?
This used to be the case when doing a dirty flash on an encrypted device. While you don't need to remove the lock screen anymore you can to avoid any issues. It applies to both pattern and fingerprints as you have to use something in conjunction with a fingerprint however since TWRP and OrangeFox now decrypt A11 its not really necessary

robotkoer

Apr 3, 2015
This used to be the case when doing a dirty flash on an encrypted device. While you don't need to remove the lock screen anymore you can to avoid any issues. It applies to both pattern and fingerprints as you have to use something in conjunction with a fingerprint however since TWRP and OrangeFox now decrypt A11 its not really necessary
This post says otherwise, I don't see any updates to ROM or recoveries since then...