[ROM][11.0][OnePlus 7T] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

HueyT

Apr 3, 2014
New Albany, IN
OnePlus 7T
I've tried to use the following method described on the video and got stuck at Fastboot mode. What should I do now?
Also this is my first time installing custom rom.

morphvale

Sep 13, 2013
Sibiu
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
Last edited:

Mr.Nice.ba

Jul 5, 2010
Sarajevo
Hi guys! Thanks for your hard work! Really appreciate!

Do you know how to improve the fingerprint scanner? It's difficult to register a good finger.
Same story here, great ROM, only FP is bugging me. It is ok to add a fingerprint, but later it is recognized 1/10. I have tried to add the same finger multiple times, but same story.

krmythreya

May 10, 2021
@chandra1.jd I wanna appreciate your efforts on building this, in the first place.
Thanks!

But I also wanna point out few things
First Unofficial build was more stable,
Critical Bugs found in official (non plus):
1. FOD is broken
2.Very bad battery optimisation (1st unofficial was so good, rapid battery drain happening now)
3. Sensitive notifications are not showing in AOD sometimes, it was not happening in the unofficial build
4.Chrome is unstable (I’m not sure this a problem related to ROM, but again this never happened for me in unofficial build)

What could have been better:
1. Including Lighting up screen in the dark could have been very useful for face unlock

Last edited:
Reactions: arvindgr

freemannhp

Jan 9, 2017
Thanks for the tip. Where can I founds this release? And also, what is the difference between the plus version and the non-plus?
Here is the link: https://sourceforge.net/projects/chandrarom/files/
And the following is the difference:

PixelExperience Eleven features:

Display
• Stock Always-On-Display
• Stock Ambient Display
System
• Based on stock Android - AOSP
• Added Pixel UI, features and optimization
Device-based features
• Special for Xiaomi phones (ex. Wake Up Gestures, Sound Enchantment)
• Special for OnePlus phones (ex. 90Hz refresh rate, Alert Slider)
Buttons
• Pixel Navigation bar and gestures

PixelExperience Eleven (Plus edition) features:

All Standard edition features, but also
Display
• LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
• Rotation settings
• Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
• Tap to sleep
• Wake on plug
• Prevent accidental wake-up
Sound
• Link ring & notification volumes
• Increasing ring volume
System
Gestures
• Swipe to screenshot
Buttons
• Navigation bar
• Power button (power menu, end call, disable on lock screen, long press for torch, automatically turn torch off)
• Volume buttons (wake device, answer calls, control playback, keyboard cursor control, riorient)
• Network traffic monitor
• Status bar icons
• Clock (clock position, show seconds, am/pm style)
• Battery indicator (battery status style, battery percentage)
• Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
• Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
• Quick settings animations (style, duration, interpolator)
Developer options
• Advanced restart

Marley Booker

Feb 7, 2017
install the rom for the first time, in a HD 1907 model, when starting it shows an error message on the sim card, the operator's signal is not recognized ... Using the latest version from May 14th. Following the installation steps in the guide.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Will I see the annoying bootloader unlock warning if I lock the bootloader?

How will I update vendor on locked bootloader?
    You will not see that warning, but you will see another warning 'You Device is loaded with different software' by which I'm also annoyed, but not taking it seriously. This was is same as like the bootloader warning.
    Using latest PE on Op7T. Came from Rooted A11 OOS stable. Thank you so much for the stable ROM!

Flashed PE recovery and latest zip - PixelExperience_Plus_hotdogb-11.0-20210518-1049-OFFICIAL
    Installation went very smoothly by following https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/hotdogb/install

Obversions using it for a day -
    • Rooted using Magisk zip adb sideload
    • When MagiskHide is enabled, SafetyNet passes and also Widewine L1 is available
    • Migrate is failing for A11 App restore but SwiftBackup works smoothly
    • ROM is super smooth and feels extra fluid than OOS
    • Perfectly usable as a daily driver and FP also works well
    • Very useful Network traffic monitor is available on Status bar when Notch behaviour is hidden @Bunny Munnu

Minor cons noticed -
    1. Auto brightness is very wonky and definitely needs some work. Disabled auto-brightness is fine for now
    2. FP Sensor bit slow compared to OOS but definitely usable
    3. Always-ON ambient screen works fine but for FP sensor image is shifted to random places (Lol)
    4. Wish Always ON Ambient mode can be turned off during Bedtime ON
    5. Camera app included is LOS stock camera and definitely GCam or OOS Cam to be installed
    6. Optimized charging feature not available in ROM (Wish we can slow charge phone at night times to extend battery life)
    7. After Screenshot includes Share and Edit options. Including Delete button here would be very useful to quick delete accidental screenshots
    Thank you so much for your work @chandra1.jd
    P.s. Tried Unofficial unified TWRP after installing PE from https://github.com/Systemad/android_device_oneplus_hotdog/releases
    It does work mostly but MTP and fastbootd in recovery is broken there. So would suggest remaining in PE recovery
    Please change the fingerprint icon on this rom. We can see the icon from the oxygen is 10. When we install pixel experience, everything should be seen like pixel experience. Please keep the stock fingerprint icon that comes with pixel experience rooms. I'm not judging, but the rom is very smooth and stable. Finally got Android 11 as daily driver. Thanks for the developers. Speaking of bugs, I didn't find much.
    1. The pixel rom fingerprint icon is missing as mentioned above.
    2. As shown in the pic, 9 out of 10 times the charging indicator is shown on the fingerprint icon. I might think that ambient display is not well optimised.
    3. Removed gcam. Don't know why but I request to bring it back. The camera in this rom sucks. I did the clean install of latest build 18/05. The cam in rom just has 12 mp photo mode and 1080p 30fps record. That's all. No other mods like wide, telephoto, 64mp etc. etc.

Surprisingly, the AOD is working perfectly, where it is not even available in oos 11. Thanks a lot developers. You made my day. I'll stick to the pixel experience.
    Why say that? The developer settings oem unlock option checkbox still remains checked, so it's just a matter of going back to bootloader and fastboot oem unlock. Or use MSM.
    I'm running with bootloader locked now, and no issues.
    True if it doesn't brick. If it does and bootloader locked, harder to unbrick. Sometimes can't unlock once locked
    Hi, I just flashed PE rom for Oneplus 7T from Oxygen OS 11. Everything is almost perfect until flashing is done, I still reboot fastboot again and again. Has anyone experienced this and can tell me how to fix it? Sorry my English is not very good! Thanks!
    Hi bro, If you find yourself stuck on the boot screen, restart again in fastboot and from there you go to recovery and factory reset. After this reboot your device. Sorry for my English. Suerte. Saludos.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus 7T [hotdogb]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Device Specified Telegram Group
    Our blog

new build up:

Initial android 11
    official build released
    If someone needs guide how to flash this ROM, I have uploaded a video on my YouTube chanel: