[ROM][11.0][OnePlus 7T] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread
Mar 27, 2021
Thanks for all the work so far this is my favourite custom for the OP7t.
Everything is working fine, face unlock, fingerprint, safetynet check, etc.
One mayor issue I have is massive battery drain on the unofficial release from 05/09.
Anyone else experiencing this? Or having a potential fix :)

Dec 19, 2020
May changelog:

- May security patch
- Imported translations
- Under the hood improvements
- Switched to gulch kernel
- Removed SDCardFS
- Fixed FOD issues
- Removed gcam
- Switched data partition to F2FS
- Enabled screen off fod
- Fixed Netflix HDR

need clean flash because of data partition to F2FS
Seems like fingerprint recognition is more accurate on this ROM. Also WiFi signal is better

NaterTots

Feb 7, 2012
CT
OnePlus 7T
I don't have a working Android Auto. The playstore says it's installed, but it's not in the app drawer and it won't open from the playstore or when connected to my head unit.

Other than that all is good. did a full format and locked my BL afterwards so Google pay works. I do have a yellow warning screen when rebooting but I thank that's because the OS has been changed

Thanks so much for building this for us!

NaterTots

Fihnakis

Nov 29, 2011
While booting after following instructions to the 'T' I keep getting the message, SprintDM keeps stopping as well as com.android.phone. I've selected close the app for both and phone is just hanging at bouncing google colored shapes.

Phone is HD1905 model on Verizon network.

Update: Phone finished booting and I no longer get the com.android.phone but I'm constantly getting the sprintDM message

2nd Update: Wiped and installed again, so far so good. Only one com.android.phone error and I rebooted and so far it hasn't came back.

Last edited:

Bunny Munnu

Mar 28, 2019
After 3 hours of bricking my 7t, I could finally install this os. But if I lock the bootloader, 'your device is corrupt and will not boot ' message is appearing. If I unlock again, it is booting to os normally. Please tell me steps to use this os locked. Os is better than I thought, but battery drain is slightly high, no major issues. But pls tell me the steps to lock bootloader and use this rom, and in which oos version I should be before flashing this rom. Please tell me everything anyone know to successfully use it as daily driver. Plz mention that I don't want bootloader to remain unlocked

tung01mj

Nov 11, 2017
Google Pixel
OnePlus 7T
After 3 hours of bricking my 7t, I could finally install this os. But if I lock the bootloader, 'your device is corrupt and will not boot ' message is appearing. If I unlock again, it is booting to os normally. Please tell me steps to use this os locked. Os is better than I thought, but battery drain is slightly high, no major issues. But pls tell me the steps to lock bootloader and use this rom, and in which oos version I should be before flashing this rom. Please tell me everything anyone know to successfully use it as daily driver. Plz mention that I don't want bootloader to remain unlocked
I don't think you can use custom ROMs and have your bootloader locked.

NaterTots

Feb 7, 2012
CT
OnePlus 7T

From the Pixel Experience website.
https://download.pixelexperience.org/hotdogb

Look at the install instructions. Also the first post in this thread tells you what OS you should be coming from. After the Bootloader is locked again it does give you a warning still.

You have to follow the instructions completely and install what it tells you to to be able to lock it back up.

Bunny Munnu

Mar 28, 2019
From the Pixel Experience website.
https://download.pixelexperience.org/hotdogb

Look at the install instructions. Also the first post in this thread tells you what OS you should be coming from. After the Bootloader is locked again it does give you a warning still.

You have to follow the instructions completely and install what it tells you to to be able to lock it back up.
Thank you very much bro, I didn't knew there was instructions, it took time, but work is done finally. One thing I don't like is that they have removed gcam. The camera available is a normal one. It only have a photo and video mode. I miss all the mods like wide angle, telephoto, portrait, night sight, 64mp etc. Every mode is gone. It's now just a photo and video. Please get gcam in upcoming versions and anyone know any better gcam version, please post it here

Bunny Munnu

Mar 28, 2019
Installed this rom today morning and using since then, this is my review.
This is the best rom compared to OOS 11, the UI doesn't lag anytime and the apps installation and loading time is amazingly fast.
In OOS 11, in 60 Hz option, it runs like 30hz, but here, UI is very very smooth thanks to stock android. No app lags or gets struck. Very smooth animations and fastest touch response.
Pubg is more than enough for me. It was lagging so much in smooth extreme in OOS 11. But here, at hdr extreme, it is running upto its top level. This rom is best than OOS 11

Bugs :
Battery consumption is slightly high, phone heats and touch to show ambient display lags. Although I cannot object because those were the bugs from the OOS 11 source code itself. No offense for this problem, the OnePlus company is the one who should remove bugs from its firmware.
Volume panel is quite sticked to edge, it should give some space, sometimes I can't even touch the bar while in landscape mode. And vowifi or volte icons are not shown in status bar or quick settings. Network traffic is shown in quick settings but can't seen in status bar. These are the minor bugs that I request to be fixed in upcoming update.
Besides this, rom is excellent, I'll use this as my daily driver and payments apps are woking fine too. I can watch Netflix In hd too.
And one more is the removal or gcam. Please again bring the gcam or any other compatible camera app. It must contain slo mo, wide angle and telephoto lens, 64 mp night scape etc.
Thanks for the rom 👍

Reactions: arvindgr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Using latest PE on Op7T. Came from Rooted A11 OOS stable. Thank you so much for the stable ROM!

Flashed PE recovery and latest zip - PixelExperience_Plus_hotdogb-11.0-20210518-1049-OFFICIAL
    Installation went very smoothly by following https://wiki.pixelexperience.org/devices/hotdogb/install

Obversions using it for a day -
    • Rooted using Magisk zip adb sideload
    • When MagiskHide is enabled, SafetyNet passes and also Widewine L1 is available
    • Migrate is failing for A11 App restore but SwiftBackup works smoothly
    • ROM is super smooth and feels extra fluid than OOS
    • Perfectly usable as a daily driver and FP also works well
    • Very useful Network traffic monitor is available on Status bar when Notch behaviour is hidden @Bunny Munnu

Minor cons noticed -
    1. Auto brightness is very wonky and definitely needs some work. Disabled auto-brightness is fine for now
    2. FP Sensor bit slow compared to OOS but definitely usable
    3. Always-ON ambient screen works fine but for FP sensor image is shifted to random places (Lol)
    4. Wish Always ON Ambient mode can be turned off during Bedtime ON
    5. Camera app included is LOS stock camera and definitely GCam or OOS Cam to be installed
    6. Optimized charging feature not available in ROM (Wish we can slow charge phone at night times to extend battery life)
    7. After Screenshot includes Share and Edit options. Including Delete button here would be very useful to quick delete accidental screenshots
    Thank you so much for your work @chandra1.jd
    P.s. Tried Unofficial unified TWRP after installing PE from https://github.com/Systemad/android_device_oneplus_hotdog/releases
    It does work mostly but MTP and fastbootd in recovery is broken there. So would suggest remaining in PE recovery
    I installed Pixel Experience on my 7T and it works great. I definitely like it better than OOS 11. I have one problem though. The sound coming out of my phone is distorted. When I checked I hear that the sound coming out of the main speaker at the bottom is very low and the sound coming from the ear piece is high. I feel like it should be the other way around. I tried the Accessibility>Audio Balance setting but when I run the slider all the way to the right I get only a low distorted sound from the main speaker. This was not an issue when I was running OOS 11 and this one is nagging me. Anyone have any idea on this and to get distorted sound fixed on my phone?
    Installed this rom today morning and using since then, this is my review.
    This is the best rom compared to OOS 11, the UI doesn't lag anytime and the apps installation and loading time is amazingly fast.
    In OOS 11, in 60 Hz option, it runs like 30hz, but here, UI is very very smooth thanks to stock android. No app lags or gets struck. Very smooth animations and fastest touch response.
    Pubg is more than enough for me. It was lagging so much in smooth extreme in OOS 11. But here, at hdr extreme, it is running upto its top level. This rom is best than OOS 11

Bugs :
    Battery consumption is slightly high, phone heats and touch to show ambient display lags. Although I cannot object because those were the bugs from the OOS 11 source code itself. No offense for this problem, the OnePlus company is the one who should remove bugs from its firmware.
    Volume panel is quite sticked to edge, it should give some space, sometimes I can't even touch the bar while in landscape mode. And vowifi or volte icons are not shown in status bar or quick settings. Network traffic is shown in quick settings but can't seen in status bar. These are the minor bugs that I request to be fixed in upcoming update.
    Besides this, rom is excellent, I'll use this as my daily driver and payments apps are woking fine too. I can watch Netflix In hd too.
    And one more is the removal or gcam. Please again bring the gcam or any other compatible camera app. It must contain slo mo, wide angle and telephoto lens, 64 mp night scape etc.
    Thanks for the rom 👍
    Hey dude, I want to know how to watch Netflix with HD.
    I have flashed my 7T from stock rom to this, but my Netflix's resolution is still SD.
    Hmmmmm.... It appears Dora kernel started using a new FOD implementation. Possibly the reason why Dora 1.4 and up does not work with PE 11 Plus, just my thought.

Anyway, very happy with my current set-up

Thank you very much for this ROM. :)

-Oneplus 7T, PE 11 Plus Latest Stable (2021/05/18), Dora 1.2, Unrooted, Locked Bootloader
    I determined the issue, it is indeed the new FOD implementation. I removed the registered fingerprints, flashed dora 1.5. And everything works fine. I tried to add fingerprint in 1.5 and the FOD does not display. I guess I will just have to wait for a new build from PE 11 Plus. Thank you.
    New 20210622 plus edition install went okay. Too bad it requires a clean flash, I hope the new lineage kernel will be efficient enough so I don't have to flash another like Dora.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus 7T [hotdogb]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC
    Lights
    Sound/vibration

Known issues
    Nothing yet
    You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Device Specified Telegram Group
    Our blog

new build up:

Initial android 11
    official build released
    If someone needs guide how to flash this ROM, I have uploaded a video on my YouTube chanel: