• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0][OnePlus 7T Pro] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

Flashw22

Jul 24, 2013
You know that extracting the boot.img with Payload-Dumper, and patching it with magisk. Is a process that doesn't take more than 5 minutes to do. It is also the main option to do across OnePlus devices in general.
Ok...im doing it like 25 minutes now and still this guide dont work...i did everything step by step and i have fastboot loop...that guide is chaotic as hell.

QWERTYsystems

Jan 19, 2018
OnePlus 7T Pro
Hi! First, thanks a lot for the ROM. It runs really smooth and looks amazing, love the blur. Unfortunately I had to go back to LineageOS due to Magisk Hide (or maybe just the module I tried to use that modifies Magisk Hide) not working properly on this ROM. If you have some free time I'd be really glad if you could look into it, I'll link the module and app I used to test Magisk Hide below.

Module: https://github.com/vvb2060/riru-unshare
Test app: https://github.com/vvb2060/MagiskDetector

Magisk Detector reports "Magisk Hide is not working" even after enabling Magisk Hide for the app and installing the module, while it reports "Magisk Hide works fine" on LineageOS after the same steps. I installed Magisk with the recommended method of extracting the boot image with payload dumper, patching it with the Magisk app and then flashing the patched boot image in fastboot mode. And of course, I've hidden the Magisk app as well.

Anyway, thanks in advance if you're going to look into it, I'll be waiting patiently on LineageOS to return to this ROM until then.

tal_sarid

Nov 3, 2009
HTC U11
OnePlus 7T Pro
Such a great ROM: fast, smooth, stable and all the features just work, which is not obvious for an AOSP ROM, far better experience than OOS 11 for me. Great work!

By the way, is there any benefit for the relocking bootloader step?
If I keep the phone unrooted and relock the bootloader will it regain Widevine L1 from my current L3? If I lose the phone then my data will be as safe as the official ROM?
Any way to recover the phone from a soft brick state (such as bootloop) while the bootloader is relocked?

Last edited:

Hw4ng3r

Such a great ROM: fast, smooth, stable and all the features just work, which is not obvious for an AOSP ROM, far better experience than OOS 11 for me. Great work!

By the way, is there any benefit for the relocking bootloader step?
If I keep the phone unrooted and relock the bootloader will it regain Widevine L1 from my current L3? If I lose the phone then my data will be as safe as the official ROM?
Any way to recover the phone from a soft brick state (such as bootloop) while the bootloader is relocked?

If you've updated to OOS11 before flashing this, you should be on L1.

Hw4ng3r

Nah, I had L1 on OOS 11 stable but went back to L3 on this ROM. I still haven't figured out what the deciding factor in keeping L1 is but you definitely can't be sure if it's going to be kept on your phone after unlocking the bootloader.

That's interesting. I know on my phone, when I unlock bootloader in OOS10 and update to A11 it stayed L3, but when I MSM to A10, update to A11 then unlock bootloader, it stays L1.

Reactions: QWERTYsystems

Ginosius

Jul 5, 2011
I've upgraded from the Oxygen OS Android 11 open beta 4 to this rom and I still have L1 Widevine.
I think it's important that people install the latest canary release of Magisk, even if you don't plan on using root.
Because using Magisk Hide will apply some tricks to make your phone look genuine to Google Play services and other apps.

Just get it here: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk
Click the red button that says "Canary" and you'll get a "app-debug.apk" file.
Rename the file extension to zip so you have: "app-debug.zip"

Then simply reboot into recovery and side-load it using the official pixel experience documentation says:
Code:
* On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
* On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload filename.zip.
filename.zip would be app-debug.zip

When you're done, reboot back to system and you should see the Magisk manager icon.
Go into it's options and "Hide the app" by renaming it into something random.
Then finally enable "Magisk Hide".

If you go into the second tab you can now select which applications you want Magisk to perform it's Hide tricks on.
Make sure to select all google things and perhaps multimedia stuff like Netflix and your banking apps.

Using Magisk for me, makes my phone recognized like it's original and un-modified for anything I tried so far.

The only downside of this, is that you'll have to reflash it after every OTA.
But that's a small price to pay for such a great rom :)

QWERTYsystems

Jan 19, 2018
OnePlus 7T Pro
That's interesting. I know on my phone, when I unlock bootloader in OOS10 and update to A11 it stayed L3, but when I MSM to A10, update to A11 then unlock bootloader, it stays L1.
I've never unlocked the bootloader before, only on OOS11 and used only official OTAs until then. I really don't know how I could achieve L1 on custom ROMs but I'm glad it's working for you at least.

QWERTYsystems

Jan 19, 2018
OnePlus 7T Pro
I've upgraded from the Oxygen OS Android 11 open beta 4 to this rom and I still have L1 Widevine.
I think it's important that people install the latest canary release of Magisk, even if you don't plan on using root.
Because using Magisk Hide will apply some tricks to make your phone look genuine to Google Play services and other apps.

Just get it here: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk
Click the red button that says "Canary" and you'll get a "app-debug.apk" file.
Rename the file extension to zip so you have: "app-debug.zip"

Then simply reboot into recovery and side-load it using the official pixel experience documentation says:
Code:
* On the device, select “Apply Update”, then “Apply from ADB” to begin sideload.
* On the host machine, sideload the package using: adb sideload filename.zip.
filename.zip would be app-debug.zip

When you're done, reboot back to system and you should see the Magisk manager icon.
Go into it's options and "Hide the app" by renaming it into something random.
Then finally enable "Magisk Hide".

If you go into the second tab you can now select which applications you want Magisk to perform it's Hide tricks on.
Make sure to select all google things and perhaps multimedia stuff like Netflix and your banking apps.

Using Magisk for me, makes my phone recognized like it's original and un-modified for anything I tried so far.

The only downside of this, is that you'll have to reflash it after every OTA.
But that's a small price to pay for such a great rom :)
If you don't mind, could you try this app: https://github.com/vvb2060/MagiskDetector and post the results of the last check called "Check Magisk Hide working status"? If it works on Magisk Canary I might just go through the hassle of factory resetting one again.

Hw4ng3r

If you don't mind, could you try this app: https://github.com/vvb2060/MagiskDetector and post the results of the last check called "Check Magisk Hide working status"? If it works on Magisk Canary I might just go through the hassle of factory resetting one again.
Sure.
It says "Magisk hide is not working"
I'm running Stable 23.0 (23000) by the way and DRM info shows Widevine L1.

Reactions: QWERTYsystems

QWERTYsystems

Jan 19, 2018
OnePlus 7T Pro
Sure.
I see, thanks. Problem is, some apps I use detect whatever this app is detecting as well and refuse to work. Why Magisk Hide in fully functional in LOS but not on this ROM is beyond me. Which is a real shame as I'd prefer this ROM by far otherwise.

Ginosius

Jul 5, 2011
I see, thanks. Problem is, some apps I use detect whatever this app is detecting as well and refuse to work. Why Magisk Hide in fully functional in LOS but not on this ROM is beyond me. Which is a real shame as I'd prefer this ROM by far otherwise.
Did you add the Magisk Detector to the Magisk Hide list in the manager?

QWERTYsystems

Jan 19, 2018
OnePlus 7T Pro
Did you also rename the Magisk Manager app to something else?

If yes, then I guess there's a different between the latest Canary release and the stable one.
Indeed I did hide the Magisk app and it reinstalled itself with the new name and the default icon. Thing is, I didn't want to use bleeding edge releases of an app that can easily bootloop my device if some bugs slip into one of the builds.
Anyway, thanks a lot for testing it!

QWERTYsystems

Jan 19, 2018
OnePlus 7T Pro
Sure.
Sorry to bother you again, I just wanted to ask if this MSM download tool would help me regain Widevine L1 support on my device. I'm fairly new to OnePlus modding so I'd really appreciate if you could link a guide I could follow.

tal_sarid

Nov 3, 2009
HTC U11
OnePlus 7T Pro
If you've updated to OOS11 before flashing this, you should be on L1.
I did update to OOS11 first, officially and locked, and it was L1 but after unlocking and installing this ROM it became L3. Do you think it is wise to try relocking the bootloader with this custom ROM installed in order to regain L1? I don't intend to root it or something, just wanted to get away from the laggy and buggy OxygenOS.

QWERTYsystems

Jan 19, 2018
OnePlus 7T Pro
I did update to OOS11 first, officially and locked, and it was L1 but after unlocking and installing this ROM it became L3. Do you think it is wise to try relocking the bootloader with this custom ROM installed in order to regain L1? I don't intend to root it or something, just wanted to get away from the laggy and buggy OxygenOS.
I don't think you'll get L3 back with a self-signed ROM, even if you relock the bootloader.

Reactions: tal_sarid

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I searched the thread and the PE wiki, but can't find what the difference is between PE and PE Plus? Anyone care to explain please?

Thanks.
    Features, differences and other rom related information is available in the telegram group of this rom. You can gauge the differences from the features list -

PixelExperience Eleven features:

Display
    • Stock Always-On-Display
    • Stock Ambient Display
    System
    • Based on stock Android - AOSP
    • Added Pixel UI, features and optimization
    Device-based features
    • Special for Xiaomi phones (ex. Wake Up Gestures, Sound Enchantment)
    • Special for OnePlus phones (ex. 90Hz refresh rate, Alert Slider)
    Buttons
    • Pixel Navigation bar and gestures

PixelExperience Eleven (Plus edition) features:

All Standard edition features, but also
    Display
    • LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
    • Rotation settings
    • Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
    • Tap to sleep
    • Wake on plug
    • Prevent accidental wake-up
    Sound
    • Link ring & notification volumes
    • Increasing ring volume
    System
    Gestures
    • Swipe to screenshot
    Buttons
    • Navigation bar
    • Power button (power menu, end call, disable on lock screen, long press for torch, automatically turn torch off)
    • Volume buttons (wake device, answer calls, control playback, keyboard cursor control, riorient)
    • Network traffic monitor
    • Status bar icons
    • Clock (clock position, show seconds, am/pm style)
    • Battery indicator (battery status style, battery percentage)
    • Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
    • Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
    • Quick settings animations (style, duration, interpolator)
    Developer options
    • Advanced restart

Note:
    These are almost all features of the new plus update. This list may change with the next update. Enjoy
    I searched the thread and the PE wiki, but can't find what the difference is between PE and PE Plus? Anyone care to explain please?

Thanks.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus 7T Pro [hotdog]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC