• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0][OnePlus 7T Pro] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

tal_sarid

Nov 3, 2009
HTC U11
OnePlus 7T Pro
May changelog:

- May security patch
- Imported translations
- Under the hood improvements
- Switched to gulch kernel
- Removed SDCardFS
- Fixed FOD issues
- Removed gcam
- Switched data partition to F2FS
- Enabled screen off fod
- Fixed Netflix HDR

need clean flash because of data partition to F2FS

I don't think you'll get L3 back with a self-signed ROM, even if you relock the bootloader.

Then why one of the changelog states: "Fixed Netflix HDR" when only SD is available on L3 anyway?
It implies that L1 with this ROM is possible somehow, maybe...

Ginosius

Jul 5, 2011
I just described a few posts back that I have L1 working.. and how I installed the canary version of Magisk by side-loading it.

Just rename the Magisk manager app and enable magisk hide for all Google servcies and netflix.
Clear the cache of google services and L1 should work.

tal_sarid

Nov 3, 2009
HTC U11
OnePlus 7T Pro
I just described a few posts back that I have L1 working.. and how I installed the canary version of Magisk by side-loading it.

Just rename the Magisk manager app and enable magisk hide for all Google servcies and netflix.
Clear the cache of google services and L1 should work.
But I have no root nor Magisk to hide so why is it relevant?
It seems like I have L3 just because I unlocked the bootloader and/or have a custom firmware and not because I've tried to root it.
Banking apps works for me, no root is detected and SafteyNet passes.

Hw4ng3r

But I have no root nor Magisk to hide so why is it relevant?
It seems like I have L3 just because I unlocked the bootloader and/or have a custom firmware and not because I've tried to root it.
Banking apps works for me, no root is detected and SafteyNet passes.

What version of OOS did you end up unlocking the bootloader? I found that when I unlock the bootloader on OOS10 and update to OOS11 in an unlocked bootloader state, it does not upgrade to L1, but if the bootloader is locked on OOS10 and I update to OOS11, then unlock the bootloader, L1 sticks.

The loss of L1 on OOS10 comes from unlocking the bootloader, not Magisk.

tal_sarid

Nov 3, 2009
HTC U11
OnePlus 7T Pro
What version of OOS did you end up unlocking the bootloader? I found that when I unlock the bootloader on OOS10 and update to OOS11 in an unlocked bootloader state, it does not upgrade to L1, but if the bootloader is locked on OOS10 and I update to OOS11, then unlock the bootloader, L1 sticks.

The loss of L1 on OOS10 comes from unlocking the bootloader, not Magisk.
As I said, I had L1 on OOS11 that was officially updated while the bootloader was locked.
I unlocked the bootloader for the first time only then and I still lost L1, so I don't know how you've managed that, it didn't work for me.
My question is - will I gain back L1 by relocking the bootloader by doing the optional step in the end of the installation guide or is it just a lost cause?

Hw4ng3r

As I said, I had L1 on OOS11 that was officially updated while the bootloader was locked.
I unlocked the bootloader for the first time only then and I still lost L1, so I don't know how you've managed that, it didn't work for me.
My question is - will I gain back L1 by relocking the bootloader by doing the optional step in the end of the installation guide or is it just a lost cause?

I've seen the suggestion by @Ginosius work for some on the OnePlus forums.

Here's what I've done in the past. MSM to last stable OOS10. Local upgrade with full OOS11 zip (not the incremental) and reboot. Then perform local upgrade again with the same full OOS11 zip (this makes sure both slots are up to date). Then unlock bootloader.

Reactions: tal_sarid

tal_sarid

Nov 3, 2009
HTC U11
OnePlus 7T Pro
I've seen the suggestion by @Ginosius work for some on the OnePlus forums.

Here's what I've done in the past. MSM to last stable OOS10. Local upgrade with full OOS11 zip (not the incremental) and reboot. Then perform local upgrade again with the same full OOS11 zip (this makes sure both slots are up to date). Then unlock bootloader.
Thanks I'll try that in a couple of days, I need to backup all my data again.
Just to make sure, did you install the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip as the installation guide states or did you skipped that part?

Hw4ng3r

Thanks I'll try that in a couple of days, I need to backup all my data again.
Just to make sure, did you install the copy-partitions-20210323_1922.zip as the installation guide states or did you skipped that part?

The first time I installed PE+, I followed the guide. The second time, i skipped the copy partitions zip and just did the local upgrade with the full OOS11 zip twice then unlocked bootloader. Both times I ended up with L1.

Reactions: tal_sarid

tal_sarid

Nov 3, 2009
HTC U11
OnePlus 7T Pro
The first time I installed PE+, I followed the guide. The second time, i skipped the copy partitions zip and just did the local upgrade with the full OOS11 zip twice then unlocked bootloader. Both times I ended up with L1.
I forgot to ask another thing - which version of OOS11 (exactly) did you have installed when you unlocked the bootloader and retained the L1?

I think that this is a loophole that was caused by one of the OOS11 firmwares that was meant to fix L1 over-the-air after upgrading officially to earlier versions of OOS11, which caused some folks to get L3. That was a bug obviously but maybe their OTA solution enabled us to get L1 on unlocked bootloader? Maybe it was patched again on newer firmwares of OOS11?

Hw4ng3r

I forgot to ask another thing - which version of OOS11 (exactly) did you have installed when you unlocked the bootloader and retained the L1?

I think that this is a loophole that was caused by one of the OOS11 firmwares that was meant to fix L1 over-the-air after upgrading officially to earlier versions of OOS11, which caused some folks to get L3. That was a bug obviously but maybe their OTA solution enabled us to get L1 on unlocked bootloader? Maybe it was patched again on newer firmwares of OOS11?

Grab the version you need from below:

tal_sarid

Nov 3, 2009
HTC U11
OnePlus 7T Pro
Grab the version you need from below:

I did what you suggested, I regained L1 on A10 after MSM tool, upgraded to A11 with a full zip by doing a local upgrade and then unlocked the bootloader and it is again L3 (even before starting to flash PE). What version of OOS11 did you installed? 11.0, 11.0.0.2, 11.0.1.1 or one of the open betas?

Hw4ng3r

I did what you suggested, I regained L1 on A10 after MSM tool, upgraded to A11 with a full zip by doing a local upgrade and then unlocked the bootloader and it is again L3 (even before starting to flash PE). What version of OOS11 did you installed? 11.0, 11.0.0.2, 11.0.1.1 or one of the open betas?
That is frustrating. I go from A10 straight to 11.0.1.1. I use Global AA btw.

Last edited:

micro_23

Jul 15, 2015
Hey, is the now playing feature work because I can see it while searching settings, but nothing happens after I click it. I also saw that it doesnt work with fingerprint unlock, but can get it working even with that off.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I searched the thread and the PE wiki, but can't find what the difference is between PE and PE Plus? Anyone care to explain please?

Thanks.
    Features, differences and other rom related information is available in the telegram group of this rom. You can gauge the differences from the features list -

PixelExperience Eleven features:

Display
    • Stock Always-On-Display
    • Stock Ambient Display
    System
    • Based on stock Android - AOSP
    • Added Pixel UI, features and optimization
    Device-based features
    • Special for Xiaomi phones (ex. Wake Up Gestures, Sound Enchantment)
    • Special for OnePlus phones (ex. 90Hz refresh rate, Alert Slider)
    Buttons
    • Pixel Navigation bar and gestures

PixelExperience Eleven (Plus edition) features:

All Standard edition features, but also
    Display
    • LiveDisplay (color profile, display mode, reading mode, color calibration)
    • Rotation settings
    • Lock screen display (media cover, music visualizer, power menu)
    • Tap to sleep
    • Wake on plug
    • Prevent accidental wake-up
    Sound
    • Link ring & notification volumes
    • Increasing ring volume
    System
    Gestures
    • Swipe to screenshot
    Buttons
    • Navigation bar
    • Power button (power menu, end call, disable on lock screen, long press for torch, automatically turn torch off)
    • Volume buttons (wake device, answer calls, control playback, keyboard cursor control, riorient)
    • Network traffic monitor
    • Status bar icons
    • Clock (clock position, show seconds, am/pm style)
    • Battery indicator (battery status style, battery percentage)
    • Brightness (brightness slider, auto brightness, brightness control)
    • Quick settings (quick pulldown, title visibility, vibrate on touch, rows, columns)
    • Quick settings animations (style, duration, interpolator)
    Developer options
    • Advanced restart

Note:
    These are almost all features of the new plus update. This list may change with the next update. Enjoy
    I searched the thread and the PE wiki, but can't find what the difference is between PE and PE Plus? Anyone care to explain please?

Thanks.

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus 7T Pro [hotdog]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC