[ROM][11.0][OnePlus 7T Pro] Pixel Experience [AOSP]

Search This thread

madscenes

Mar 1, 2021
I'm a complete newbie and after literally spending hours, I finally managed to successfully install this ROM on my first go after going over everything repeatedly, including all the helpful tips and instructions by the good people here.

Everything seems to be working well and this is exactly everything that I wanted on my OnePlus 7T Pro. However I'm now kind of bummed and scared to see that there have been no updates in a long while, just wanted to give the dev a massive thanks and really really hope to see an update on the ROM with later android security and play store patches. Thanks again :)

madscenes

Mar 1, 2021
Bro the vibration is cracked!!

It's as if there is no vibration at all for some reason! It's very very minimal. Can someone please help wit this and if there's any solution to it? 😕

madscenes

Mar 1, 2021
Yep, I'm starting to see the same call issues people were talking about earlier. I tried calling someone on Slack and calling didn't work.

Also had issues with Skype, for some reason calling through bluetooth meant that I heard no sound whatsoever, there may also be issues with Whatsapp, Telegram etc. but I still haven't tried them yet.
:(

madscenes

Mar 1, 2021
Holy ****, back from the dead. Any update log on what's different on this build? And if some of the issues reported earlier were looked into maybe? 😳

I can live with the vibration thing not working but the lack of sound through messaging and calling apps like Slack, Whatsapp, Skype is not something I think most of us could live without 😔

Again, thanks a million for not abandoning the rom!

madscenes

Mar 1, 2021
Holy ****, back from the dead. Any update log on what's different on this build? And if some of the issues reported earlier were looked into maybe? 😳

I can live with the vibration thing not working but the lack of sound through messaging and calling apps like Slack, Whatsapp, Skype is not something I think most of us could live without 😔

Again, thanks a million for not abandoning the rom!
Never mind everyone, it seems like all those little issues are resolved. Personally the vibration problem for me is solved AND I can make calls through Whatsapp and Skype with no sound issues 🤩 (yet to test more apps)

The resolution of the screen also seems to have been adjusted to fit perfectly and I can't appreciate that enough as well, now all the apps don't look weirdly smaller or bigger.

Thank you so much chandra1, you are Godsent, I love you!

A couple of minor things though:-

gcam's gone :/

double tap to wake doesn't seem to work (was working on previous build)

I haven't noticed anything else besides that so far though!

I would like to donate to you, but I don't have paypal. I can send you through western union or international bank transfer or something like that.

Matthew-X

Jan 11, 2017
OnePlus 7T Pro
Finally I'm back with that lovely Pixel experience !!! ;w;
Thank you kind hOman for creating this masterpiece that should be available for everyone or at least by choice.
Thank you again for Making this ROM ! ;w;

Matthew-X

Jan 11, 2017
OnePlus 7T Pro
Well now i have other question, does anyone else has issue with quick charge ? Because i do use warp charge but it charges as normal charger (i definitely did checked everything to make sure that that's not physical but software issue) can it be resolved and will this be fixed ?

madscenes

Mar 1, 2021
Well now i have other question, does anyone else has issue with quick charge ? Because i do use warp charge but it charges as normal charger (i definitely did checked everything to make sure that that's not physical but software issue) can it be resolved and will this be fixed ?
Yep, can confirm. Facing the same issue. Quick/Warp charge is definitely not working and battery life have seem to taken a hit as well :/

I'm getting way less SOT compared to the previous build and OOS. There definitely seems to be an issue with the charging and battery life as a whole.

Last edited:

jayantraj

Oct 21, 2012
Bangalore
Finally managed to install the ROM. No idea where I was going wrong previously because I did the same steps this time as well and managed to install it. ROM is smooooth. Need to test more things though.

madscenes

Mar 1, 2021
I'm sorry to report but battery life is atrocious (about half the sot compared to the last build) and fast charging also don't seem to work.

Also the sound through the external speakers are noticeably low.

I'm also unable to install any custom kernel to try and fix this as there are no official recovery support for this phone either. So pretty much left with no options, but to ask for the dev if possible to look into this :(

I strongly believe these issues maybe related to the new kernel used by the dev from the research I've done, but I could be wrong, I'm no expert.

Other than that, it's a significantly better build than the last ones, thanks a lot to the dev.

Last edited:
Reactions: jayantraj

jayantraj

Oct 21, 2012
Bangalore
I'm sorry to report but battery life is atrocious (about half the sot compared to the last build) and fast charging also don't seem to work.

Also the sound through the external speakers are also noticeably low.

I'm also unable to install any custom kernel to try and fix this as there are no official recovery support for this phone either. So pretty much left with no options, but to ask for the dev if possible to look into this :(

Other than that, it's a significantly better build than the last ones, thanks a lot to the dev.
+1

Reactions: madscenes

madscenes

Mar 1, 2021
The PE Plus for Android 11 just dropped yesterday!!!

It's so damn sad to see literally every single OnePlus device on the official site of PE EXCEPT FOR THE 7T AND 7T PRO, like you want to look up to the sky and scream WHYYYY!

Anyways, our only hope lies on chandra1.jd!

A plus edition is exactly what every one needs to add that extra touch of customization!

Last edited:
Reactions: amitkuliyal

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    By far the best ROM for the Oneplus 7T series.
    Hands down and even better than the original Oxygen OS ROM I was running before.
    Even battery time has improved!

I changed from the official Android 11 Open beta 4 to this one and I've been using it for a week now and it runs very well.
    My next phone will probably be a Pixel device now.

Things I really like:
    - Clear instructions on the wiki on how to install
    - An optional step to relock the bootloader
    - OTA updates that install just like the original OS
    - Google apps are included
    - Fast and stable as a rock
    - Working always-on-display

The only minor things that could be improved:
    - The brightness sensor (or whatever thing that makes the screen dim and more bright) doesn't always work reliably.
    Sometimes in low light conditions it will turn down the brightness to it's lowest point.
    And then suddenly jumps to 50% brightness out of nowhere.
    And sometimes it doesn't work at all.
    It's a minor thing as I can also set it manually.
    - The default camera is a bit simple.. I saw some posts about the gcam that was removed?
    Perhaps you can re-add it for the next OTA?
    - Sometimes the always-on-display (the clock screen when the phone is in standby) has a higher brightness than usual.
    This usually happens when locking the phone when the brightness sensor is misbehaving.
    Perhaps try to force the lowest brightness setting for the screen when showing the always-on-display in standby.
    Just to make sure the screen isn't eating the battery when the phone is in your pocket.

Other than that I could not find any bugs at all..
    I even installed Magisk (with hide for all my apps and renaming the manager to something random).. and all safetynet checks are passing and my bank apps are working like a charm.

You sir deserve a medal!
    If you've updated to OOS11 before flashing this, you should be on L1.
    Nah, I had L1 on OOS 11 stable but went back to L3 on this ROM. I still haven't figured out what the deciding factor in keeping L1 is but you definitely can't be sure if it's going to be kept on your phone after unlocking the bootloader.
    Nah, I had L1 on OOS 11 stable but went back to L3 on this ROM. I still haven't figured out what the deciding factor in keeping L1 is but you definitely can't be sure if it's going to be kept on your phone after unlocking the bootloader.

That's interesting. I know on my phone, when I unlock bootloader in OOS10 and update to A11 it stayed L3, but when I MSM to A10, update to A11 then unlock bootloader, it stays L1.
    If you don't mind, could you try this app: https://github.com/vvb2060/MagiskDetector and post the results of the last check called "Check Magisk Hide working status"? If it works on Magisk Canary I might just go through the hassle of factory resetting one again.
    Sure.
    It says "Magisk hide is not working"
    I'm running Stable 23.0 (23000) by the way and DRM info shows Widevine L1.
    If you don't mind, could you try this app: https://github.com/vvb2060/MagiskDetector and post the results of the last check called "Check Magisk Hide working status"? If it works on Magisk Canary I might just go through the hassle of factory resetting one again.

Magisk Hide works, but you'll (obviously) have to *hide* the Magisk Detector app first :)

GtwTyCR.png

PixelExperience for OnePlus 7T Pro [hotdog]

What is this?
    Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

What's working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    NFC