[ROM][11.0][OneUI-3.1][UNOFFICIAL][EOL]LineageOS-18.1 for samsung M51

Search This thread

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

This ROM will not be getting more updates or support
This ROM is for devices updated to the latest firmware (OneUi 3.1)

Instructions :
  • Download the latest build
  • Reboot to TWRP
  • Do a factory reset
  • Flash the latest build
  • Flash audio fix
  • Flash product partition resizer
  • Flash gapps of your choice
  • Reboot
Downloads :
  1. TWRP 3.5.1_10
  2. LineageOS-18.1
  3. Audio fix
  4. Product partition resizer
Known Issues:
  • VoLTE (samsung Volte support is not ported to AOSP Yet)
  • Proximity Sensor
  • SElinux is permissive
  • FM radio
  • External SD card is partially broken
  • did you find any?
Sources:
Device tree
Kernel tree (We are using the stock kernel tho)

Version Information
ROM OS Version: Lineage 18.1​
Android Security Patch: 5th of March 2021​
Vendor Security Patch: 1st of March 2021​

Last edited:

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
Reporting Bugs
  • DO NOT report bugs if you're running a custom kernel or you installed Xposed or magisk
  • Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred. (Please include at least a few pages of the log, not just the last few lines, unless you know what you're doing.)
  • If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
  • If the problem disappears after running "setenforce 0" from a root shell, grab /data/misc/audit/audit.log
Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. Please also do not report known issues. Any bug not reported in the bug report format below may be ignored.

Code:
What is your--
LineageOS version:
LineageOS Download url:
Gapps version:

Are you using--
a task killer:
a non-stock kernel:
other modifications:

Reactions: reverseskip

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
F.A.Qs:

How to hide notch?

First, activate developer options by going to settings > about phone > click on build number 7 times
Second, Go to Settings > Advanced > Developer options > Scroll down until you find Display cutout then choose hide

Reactions: reverseskip

LehKeda

Jan 26, 2014
My little cave
Some info about why I do stuff

Why are we using the stock prebuilt kernel?

Samsung's latest kernel source code is broken and the audio doesn't work when we use it. It even makes the stock ROM goes into boot loop and refuses to boot because of the audio problem.

myghi63

Feb 7, 2020
Thank you! I will be testing it in this weekend or later, because I've been very busy. Did you found a way to flash twrp on Linux? I'm Using Arch and jOdin requires a .pit file for this phone.

Rijanrijan

Jun 22, 2018
Thank you! I will be testing it in this weekend or later, because I've been very busy. Did you found a way to flash twrp on Linux? I'm Using Arch and jOdin requires a .pit file for this phone.

I had a similar problem using linux.

Follow the instructions from the wiki. It's safe to use I used it to flash mine.(both stock and custom works.. grab the odin from the forms too default doesn't flash)

myghi63

Feb 7, 2020
MTP is not working. on linux it does appear but never mounts. on windows I hear a sound but no storange appears in the file explorer.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

This ROM will not be getting more updates or support
    This ROM is for devices updated to the latest firmware (OneUi 3.1)

Instructions :
    • Download the latest build
    • Reboot to TWRP
    • Do a factory reset
    • Flash the latest build
    • Flash audio fix
    • Flash product partition resizer
    • Flash gapps of your choice
    • Reboot
    Downloads :
    1. TWRP 3.5.1_10
    2. LineageOS-18.1
    3. Audio fix
    4. Product partition resizer
    Known Issues:
    • VoLTE (samsung Volte support is not ported to AOSP Yet)
    • Proximity Sensor
    • SElinux is permissive
    • FM radio
    • External SD card is partially broken
    • did you find any?
    Sources:
    Device tree
    Kernel tree (We are using the stock kernel tho)

Version Information
    ROM OS Version: Lineage 18.1​
    Android Security Patch: 5th of March 2021​
    Vendor Security Patch: 1st of March 2021​
    @mayankjet:
    Thanks to your suggestion, I've found the solution to my initial issue of GApps not appearing in the apps drawer (actually not even installed):

In order to install GApps (on an Android 12 base, I guess), you need to type these commands in TWRP/adb shell before install the GApps package of your choice:
    Bash:
    e2fsck -fy /dev/block/mapper/system
    resize2fs /dev/block/mapper/system
    e2fsck -E unshare_blocks /dev/block/mapper/system
    e2fsck -fy /dev/block/mapper/system
    "External SD card is partially broken"

what exactly does this mean?

Thank u for all the effort u r making
    It reads the sdcard then askes you format it
    Some info about why I do stuff

Why are we using the stock prebuilt kernel?

Samsung's latest kernel source code is broken and the audio doesn't work when we use it. It even makes the stock ROM goes into boot loop and refuses to boot because of the audio problem.

I had a similar problem using linux.

Follow the instructions from the wiki. It's safe to use I used it to flash mine.(both stock and custom works.. grab the odin from the forms too default doesn't flash)