• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

ROM][11.0][OOSCAM] DerpFest for OnePlus 8t [Official][09-28-21]

Search This thread

AxxPyrtlexx20

Aug 13, 2013
NY
forum.xda-developers.com
Woah woah woah. I wasn't trying to seem ungrateful or anything. Out of all the OnePlus 8 roms, I like this one the most. I absolutely appreciate all the effort your putting in to figure out our issues. I apologize if it came off in any other way.

I will absolutely hit you up when I get out of work and we can work together to figure it out.
Sorry I don't even remember sending that message tbh lol I think I sent that while I was sleeping so my bad. That's fine just hit me up, my user name on tg is https://t.me/APyrtle93

AxxPyrtlexx20

Aug 13, 2013
NY
forum.xda-developers.com
I can confirm it's working as well. This app wouldn't work on custom roms but now it is working for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-154424_Nova7__01.png
    Screenshot_20210730-154424_Nova7__01.png
    12 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: efx7n

pratyush28

Oct 4, 2016
OnePlus 8T
Thank you, successfully flashed via TWRP. This is my first custom rom on the 8T and so far I am enjoying it. I am curious about one thing tho, do all custom roms now force encrypt the device on the first boot? I remember formatting data from TWRP after flashing this rom but still, it shows "phone is encrypted" in settings. Earlier when I was on the 3T, only OOS would force encrypt the device and it could be prevented by flashing magisk before the first boot.

About the rom, I'd say it's good. Everything works well except for FOD. I can't seem to get the fingerprint to wake after a single tap on the locked device. Also in AOD, the fingerprint icon is always visible but it doesn't work unless I wake the device via the power button or a double-tap.

AxxPyrtlexx20

Aug 13, 2013
NY
forum.xda-developers.com
Thank you, successfully flashed via TWRP. This is my first custom rom on the 8T and so far I am enjoying it. I am curious about one thing tho, do all custom roms now force encrypt the device on the first boot? I remember formatting data from TWRP after flashing this rom but still, it shows "phone is encrypted" in settings. Earlier when I was on the 3T, only OOS would force encrypt the device and it could be prevented by flashing magisk before the first boot.

About the rom, I'd say it's good. Everything works well except for FOD. I can't seem to get the fingerprint to wake after a single tap on the locked device. Also in AOD, the fingerprint icon is always visible but it doesn't work unless I wake the device via the power button or a double-tap.
What's you're settings you have set up for single tap for the screen to turn on and what not? Fod works great here other than in aod mode it doesn't detect it but that's a known issue that I'm trying to figure out

Reactions: pratyush28

pratyush28

Oct 4, 2016
OnePlus 8T
What's you're settings you have set up for single tap for the screen to turn on and what not? Fod works great here other than in aod mode it doesn't detect it but that's a known issue that I'm trying to figure out
There's no setting I've turned on for this but it was the default behaviour on OOS. When the screen is off, you tap on the display once and the fingerprint icon shows up (there wasn't a need to fully wake the device up using a double tap/power button). Sorry if this isn't available on custom roms. Otherwise if I wake the device first the fingerprint works normally.

AxxPyrtlexx20

Aug 13, 2013
NY
forum.xda-developers.com
There's no setting I've turned on for this but it was the default behaviour on OOS. When the screen is off, you tap on the display once and the fingerprint icon shows up (there wasn't a need to fully wake the device up using a double tap/power button). Sorry if this isn't available on custom roms. Otherwise if I wake the device first the fingerprint works normally.
Yes this is an option, make sure ambient display is turned on for single tap in settings, deviceextras, touchscreen, and single tap would be all the way at the bottom and just set it for ambient display and also go to settings, lock screen to make sure it's enabled as well so there isn't any issues with it.

Reactions: pratyush28

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Gonna be releasing a new build soon, will probably be the last one until a12.
    Just pushed new build
    I don't think 'unlock the phone via fingerprint when the screen is off' is possible on OnePlus. That's cuz OP uses an optical sensor as compared to some Samsung phones that use ultrasonic sensor and have the said feature.

I can confirm the ROM is very stable with great battery life and includes a fully functional OOS cam.

I haven't tried off-screen gestures, OTA or Havoc ROM for that matter so can't comment.
    Off screen gestures work, don't recommend doing ota's as it seems to mess with persist partition
    Hey dev. Rom is so good working now congratulations.
    Hello everybody,

I have just bought the 8T and I am still on stock. One of the main reasons I consider switching to another ROM would be to be able to unlock the phone via fingerprint when the screen is off, since this feature is not offered in stock ROM.

So my first question is: Does this reliably work on this ROM?

Second question:
    The most important things to me are
    - stability
    - battery life
    - OTA-ability
    - OOS cam
    - off-screen gestures

Thats why I only consider this ROM and Havoc. Can anyone tell me if these features work well and what the differences to Havoc are?

Thank you very much!
    I don't think 'unlock the phone via fingerprint when the screen is off' is possible on OnePlus. That's cuz OP uses an optical sensor as compared to some Samsung phones that use ultrasonic sensor and have the said feature.

I can confirm the ROM is very stable with great battery life and includes a fully functional OOS cam.

I haven't tried off-screen gestures, OTA or Havoc ROM for that matter so can't comment.
    BuIx4Um.jpg

This is a small project based on AOSP. We try to be a platform for beginners and support the Custom ROM community with our own unique contributions as well. This ROM exists thanks to inspiration of AOSiP, Thank you! #StayDerped

Features

GApps included!

- User builds, signed with release keys like stock
    - Google network stack
    - Google PSU support
    - Google APN's and CarrierConfig
    - Accent color, font, icon shape, icon pack customizations from Bootleggers
    - Statusbar icons tuner
    - App lock
    - Face unlock
    - Expandable volume panel
    - Omni weather
    - Gvisual Mod
    - Advanced gesture navigation options
    - FOD icon picker and wallpaper based color option
    - FOD Animations
    - Custom logo customizations
    - Custom Carrier Label & Carrier Label Placement
    - AOD Schedule options
    - 3 finger swipe to screenshot
    - Cycle through ringer modes
    - Adaptive playback
    - Long press power button to toggle flashlight
    - Long press volume button to skip track
    - Advanced reboot options
    - Additional lockscreen sclocks
    - QS tile styles
    - Switch styles
    - Custom QS headers
    - Edge light options
    - Battery light toggle
    - Scrolling screenshot (Asus stitchimage)
    - Battery icon styles (circle/bar/hidden)
    - QS quick pulldown
    - Bunch of useful QS tiles in addition to AOSP ones:
    - AOD
    - Caffeine
    - Data Switch
    - Location modes
    - HeadsUp (peek notifications)
    - Kill app
    - Weather
    - USB tethering
    - Screenshot (partial/full)
    - Sound (ringer modes)
    - Sound search
    - Reboot (system/recovery)
    - Mono/Stereo
    - Notifications clear all button
    - OOS-inspired QS tiles layout
    - Data usage under QS
    - Small oreo-like data type icon
    - Traffic indicator for wifi and mobile data
    - OOS-inspired Network speed indicator
    - VoLTE/VoWiFi multi-sim icon
    - Lockscreen media art and blur level controls
    - Improved statusbar pulldown blur
    - Added blur to power menu
    - Double tap to sleep on statusbar, launcher, lockscreen
    - Finer control over font size
    - Mini panels for wifi, bluetooth, NFC
    - Per-app network restrictions
    - Allow hotspot/tethering to use VPN (toggleable)
    - Additional charging info on lockscreen
    - Statusbar bluetooth battery level
    - NFC tile for devices with nfc
    - Multi SIM ringtone setting
    - Screen recorder stop dot and low quality options
    - Bring back 2 button navigation from pie
    - Delete button for screenshots
    - Show 3 QS columns when media player is inactive
    - Faster fingerprint wakeup
    - Pixel offline charging animation (for supported devices)
    - Enabled iorap and zygote preforking (for faster app launch)
    - One click to add/remove QS tiles
    - Hacks to bypass safetynet and root detection
    - Few pixel features like assist disclosure, live captions, adaptive connectivity
    - Optimizations and fixes from AOSPA, ProtonAOSP & upstream AOSP master

- CAF functionality improvements/enhancements:
    - Bluetooth A2DP hardware offload
    - Audio policy extensions
    - Camera extensions
    - Telephony framework
    - Individual sim toggle (for some dualsim devices)
    - WiFi display/miracast
    - Hardware accelerated screen recording
    - NQ NFC support (for nfc supported devices)
    - Power off alarm in inbuilt clock app
    - Touch response optimizations
    - Performance improvements & fixes throughout the system

What's broken?
    Nada​

IYoyzLd.png

--> Download <--

Flashing Instructions
    1. Download Fastboot ROMinstaller ( These zips have both payload_dumper and fastboot_installer ) and extract it's zip
    2. Copy the playload.bin file from Rom zip file to payload_dumper >> payload_input folder
    3. Now Run payload_dumper.exe
    4. Wait for extract
    5. After extracting completes, go to payload_output folder and copy all the img files to the fastboot_installer folder
    6. Now connect your device to pc
    7. Reboot your device to fastboot mode
    8. Now Run ROMinstaller.exe
    9. It's reboot to fastbootd
    10. Wait for flashing complete
    12. Now select reboot recovery
    13. Do factory reset your device (Not required if updating rom)
    14. If you want to use magisk then flash magisk.zip via adb sideload ( optional )
    14. Reboot to System

Telegram group
    --> Link <--

Thanks section
    Here's my thanks to people who made this possible:
    10X OS
    ABC
    AICP
    AOSiP
    AOSPA
    ArrowOS
    BootleggersROM
    CrDroid
    CyanogenMod/LineageOS
    DirtyUnicorns
    Evolution X
    exTHmUI
    NitrogenOS
    OmniROM
    PixelExperience
    Pixeldust Project
    POSP
    RevengeOS
    ShapeShiftOS
    Spark Os
    Syberia Project
    YAAP

Any others we may have forgotten to credit

And last but not the least, all our testers, who have helped us to squash many bugs so that we can try to release builds that as are flawless as possible

ROM Source
    Device Source
    Kernel Source
    Just got approved for official status so will be uploading a new build soon with official status and ota's/changelogs.
    This really was @theincognito project. I just picked it up to tinker with it. I certainly dont want to take away from what hes done/doing. Incredbly nice as well.
    Just uploaded a new build, changelog is there in this section. Enjoy everyone!!
    Screenshot_20210530-160549296.jpg
    Yep, but the thread was posted by apophis9283. I think apophis used incognito's trees for building. Not sure though.
    Yes and no. I did start with his trees. He's in my small chat on telegram. So yes collaboration was part of it. I made changes outside of his. I had source that had a ton more changes like more options in TWRP etc... But I lost that image and source when Linux entered an unrecoverable state. When I get it all back you can check periodically on my AFH in a few days. Ill have more fixes I'll be adding. Incognito was absolutely fundamental in what I did. I do not want to take away from his amazing work. Once I get everything going again, I'll be sharing my source with him.