I've been using this ROM for a couple of days, and I've noticed some bugs here and there:
Unfortunately for me if I only use magisk hide, it fails safetynet. Magisk hide can't solve everything, for exaple the McDonald's coupon app is so "secure", it wouldn't work without safetynet.
Not just magisk hide, did you try to hide the magisk app itself? There's an option to do that in magisk app settings. Change the name to something random and then even McDonald's won't be able to find out. Btw, safetynet passes for me as soon as I hit magisk hide option.
Of course, i've got the app hidden, all the "secure" apps hidden in magisk hide, but safetynet still fails. Probably just a problem on my end, but I suggested the module for others facing this same issue.Not just magisk hide, did you try to hide the magisk app itself? There's an option to do that in magisk app settings. Change the name to something random and then even McDonald's won't be able to find out. Btw, safetynet passes for me as soon as I hit magisk hide option.
Can you please try the steps mentioned in my post edit and let me know whether it works? Also does safetynet fails for you on every rom or only derp?
Noticed another handful of bugs:I've been using this ROM for a couple of days, and I've noticed some bugs here and there:
- Widevine DRM is only L3, this makes Netflix unable to download from Play Store.
- Safetynet couldn't be verified, though I fixed this with a magisk module.
- The "Type" and "Type (center)" clocks have a weird hungarian translation, the hours are in english, but the minutes are in hungarian.
- The volume control sliders are lower than the actual volume buttons.
- Device doesn't vibrate when switching through modes with the slider switch, like in OOS.
All-in-all great ROM, these are just a couple small things bugging me.
Edit: Safetynet have been fixed with @pratyush28 's method.
There's a workaround to prevent this but you will have to swipe up to use face unlock.
Thanks man I'll look into them, can you get a log of those issues?Noticed another handful of bugs:
- Screen flashes with max brightness when turning it off with the power button. This doesn't occur when the you turn off the screen with the double tap status bar method.
- Screen also flashes with max brightness when you tap the phone to reveal notifications. Not the lockscreen but the AOD.
- "Force brightness values" toggle in Miscellaneous Isn't working, the ambient display stays the same brightness set with sliders, no matter the actual screen brightness.
- Sometimes Face Unlock bugs out, and after unlocking the phone leaves the fingerprint reader on, in the middle of the screen. It has a broken logo, and lights up when you touch it. It lags like hell when this occurs.
- "DC-Dimming" in "Device Extras" leaves a bright spot on the top right corner of the screen, when the brightness is set to low.
- Charging status shows only half of the actual values, probably because the double cells in 8T.
I don't use that feature so I didn't know it wasn't working, ss of whatcha meanThis rom looks amazing, so far everything runs really smooth, also miracast works 3h with navigation without dropping the connection (it didn't on oos11)
I have only one proposition, is it possible to enable screen cast without wifi in quick access? it is grayed out
in quick settings, check the icon for screen cast. with wifi and without wifi - it is grayed out.
Off screen gestures work, don't recommend doing ota's as it seems to mess with persist partitionI don't think 'unlock the phone via fingerprint when the screen is off' is possible on OnePlus. That's cuz OP uses an optical sensor as compared to some Samsung phones that use ultrasonic sensor and have the said feature.
I can confirm the ROM is very stable with great battery life and includes a fully functional OOS cam.
I haven't tried off-screen gestures, OTA or Havoc ROM for that matter so can't comment.
I don't think 'unlock the phone via fingerprint when the screen is off' is possible on OnePlus. That's cuz OP uses an optical sensor as compared to some Samsung phones that use ultrasonic sensor and have the said feature.Hello everybody,
I have just bought the 8T and I am still on stock. One of the main reasons I consider switching to another ROM would be to be able to unlock the phone via fingerprint when the screen is off, since this feature is not offered in stock ROM.
So my first question is: Does this reliably work on this ROM?
The most important things to me are
- battery life
- OOS cam
- off-screen gestures
Thats why I only consider this ROM and Havoc. Can anyone tell me if these features work well and what the differences to Havoc are?
Thank you very much!
Yes and no. I did start with his trees. He's in my small chat on telegram. So yes collaboration was part of it. I made changes outside of his. I had source that had a ton more changes like more options in TWRP etc... But I lost that image and source when Linux entered an unrecoverable state. When I get it all back you can check periodically on my AFH in a few days. Ill have more fixes I'll be adding. Incognito was absolutely fundamental in what I did. I do not want to take away from his amazing work. Once I get everything going again, I'll be sharing my source with him.