• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][Perseus][UNOFFICIAL] PixelExperience [AOSP/CAF][2021/11/25]

Search This thread

Jaitsu

yeah all working. for safetynet ctsprofile to pass use latest redfin a11 fingerprint from magiskhide props config module unfortunately google broke it and this workaround fixes it.

Thanks for this, was wondering about that when cts started failing again on me and the usual fixes weren't working.

Edit: tested and working, thanks! (for others unaware, redfin a11 = Google Pixel 5, Android 11 fingerprint.) Also of note to others, the XPrivacyLua fix I think I mentioned earlier in the thread is no longer necessary, and actually apparently breaks GPay itself now even if snet is otherwise passing, so disable that if you're using it. I've now got everything back up and working.

Last edited:
Reactions: sergej_7

geecko

Dec 27, 2010
Brussels
I still have massive battery drain issue with this ROM. My phone lasts for maybe 4 hours before I need to charge it. How come? Running the latest build.

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
disable accidental wakeup if enabled.

also i would need to know what is causing drain on your side exactly Betterbatterystats, Franco Kernel Manager and batteryguru can give such information.

If you are familiar with tasker try out my tasker power saver mode project I linked on 3rd post. on our device keeping bluetooth on while disconnected and screen is off causes more drain than on other devices because there are more wakelocks triggered. i spend some time analyzing bluetooth drain and ended up using my tasker power saver mode project as best method to get rid of that bluetooth extra drain.

Reactions: Jaitsu
disable accidental wakeup if enabled.

also i would need to know what is causing drain on your side exactly Betterbatterystats, Franco Kernel Manager and batteryguru can give such information.

If you are familiar with tasker try out my tasker power saver mode project I linked on 3rd post. on our device keeping bluetooth on while disconnected and screen is off causes more drain than on other devices because there are more wakelocks triggered. i spend some time analyzing bluetooth drain and ended up using my tasker power saver mode project as best method to get rid of that bluetooth extra drain.
I have disable accidental wakeup and I have restrict some apps that they were draining battery and now with 4g,wifi and Bluetooth always get almost 4.5h sot,1.5days use until I recharge it and that without going under 20%.
The rom rocks man keep up the good work.any update for the December security patch?and have you I future plan to go at A12?

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
I have disable accidental wakeup and I have restrict some apps that they were draining battery and now with 4g,wifi and Bluetooth always get almost 4.5h sot,1.5days use until I recharge it and that without going under 20%.
The rom rocks man keep up the good work.any update for the December security patch?and have you I future plan to go at A12?
yeah sot of 4.5h to 5.5h seems to be maximum for me. i have optimized the tasker script further with now optional battery saver switch. if you dont want to get small delay in messages from WhatsApp then the newest version of tasker script will only disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi it not used when screen is off.

For A12 i'm still waiting for device trees from official roms like from arrowos or lineageos. devs are working hard on unofficial builds and that progress will sure lead to official device trees in a few weeks/months. until then i'll focus keeping a11 as perfect as I can 😁 maybe i'll spend some more time on these bluetooth wakelocks when i have time to fix it source side rather then with workarounds by disabling Bluetooth and wifi completely when screen is off and both are disconnected.

yeah sot of 4.5h to 5.5h seems to be maximum for me. i have optimized the tasker script further with now optional battery saver switch. if you dont want to get small delay in messages from WhatsApp then the newest version of tasker script will only disable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi it not used when screen is off.

For A12 i'm still waiting for device trees from official roms like from arrowos or lineageos. devs are working hard on unofficial builds and that progress will sure lead to official device trees in a few weeks/months. until then i'll focus keeping a11 as perfect as I can 😁 maybe i'll spend some more time on these bluetooth wakelocks when i have time to fix it source side rather then with workarounds by disabling Bluetooth and wifi completely when screen is off and both are disconnected.
I understand about the device trees and for me it's the best you can do.thanks again for your work on mi mix 3.

Reactions: sergej_7

geecko

Dec 27, 2010
Brussels
maybe i'll spend some more time on these bluetooth wakelocks when i have time to fix it source side rather then with workarounds by disabling Bluetooth and wifi completely when screen is off and both are disconnected.
That would be great, thank you. Right now I have the choice between using a GSI (but anything based on phh will have NFC broken for me) or your PE Rom, which has these battery issues.

I use bluetooth and Wi-Fi constantly, even with screen off - so your Tasker settings can't help me.

Last edited:

sergej_7

May 22, 2012
That would be great, thank you. Right now I have the choice between using a GSI (but anything based on phh will have NFC broken for me) or your PE Rom, which has these batter issues.

I use bluetooth and Wi-Fi constantly, even with screen off - so your Tasker settings can't help me.

TL;DR

if you use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth while display is off then there will be no abnormal battery drain present. The only thing I would recommend is to disable accidental wakeup because it will reduce SOT by keeping the device from entering deep sleep.

Long explanation:

The battery drain becomes abnormal from my findings when Bluetooth is enabled display is off and no Bluetooth device is connected. Then there are some - in my opinion unusal - bluetooth wakelocks triggered which break deep sleep continously but not completely which leads to slightly higher idle drain then i'm used to from other devices like daisy, lavender or sweet. The impact of these triggered bluetooth wakelocks on SOT is probably minimal and from my findings this problem could be present in every A11 custom rom.

In your case if you use both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth while screen is off my tasker script wouldnt even run because it's designed to only disable Bluetooth or Wi-Fi if there is no device or router connection detected.
Thats what happens exactly for me most of the time because i'm constantly connected to Wi-Fi at home and also connected to Bluetooth Headset when at home. When I'm disconnected from Bluetooth Headset and the screen is off Bluetooth will be disabled until screen is turned on again. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi scanning is always disabled when screen is turned off to reduce idle drain.

The impact on SOT with my tasker tweak is probably minimal but in theory idle drain should be reduced this way.

TL;DR

if you use Wi-Fi and Bluetooth while display is off then there will be no abnormal battery drain present. The only thing I would recommend is to disable accidental wakeup because it will reduce SOT by keeping the device from entering deep sleep.

Long explanation:

The battery drain becomes abnormal from my findings when Bluetooth is enabled display is off and no Bluetooth device is connected. Then there are some - in my opinion unusal - bluetooth wakelocks triggered which break deep sleep continously but not completely which leads to slightly higher idle drain then i'm used to from other devices like daisy, lavender or sweet. The impact of these triggered bluetooth wakelocks on SOT is probably minimal and from my findings this problem could be present in every A11 custom rom.

In your case if you use both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth while screen is off my tasker script wouldnt even run because it's designed to only disable Bluetooth or Wi-Fi if there is no device or router connection detected.
Thats what happens exactly for me most of the time because i'm constantly connected to Wi-Fi at home and also connected to Bluetooth Headset when at home. When I'm disconnected from Bluetooth Headset and the screen is off Bluetooth will be disabled until screen is turned on again. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi scanning is always disabled when screen is turned off to reduce idle drain.

The impact on SOT with my tasker tweak is probably minimal but in theory idle drain should be reduced this way.
Hello my friend and happy new year.is there any update for your rom?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello my friend and happy new year.is there any update for your rom?
    currently i dont have the time to compile an update but I plan on releasing one as soon as possible. No ETA possible at this Point though.
    AaoFHgU.png

PixelExperience for Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 [Perseus]

What is this?
    PixelExperience is an AOSP/CAF based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11

Disclaimer
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Whats working?
    Android Auto
    Bluetooth
    Camcorder
    Camera
    Face Unlock
    Fingerprint Reader
    Flashlight
    Google Pay
    GPS
    Hey Google
    Lights
    Mobile Data
    NFC
    RIL
    Slider
    Sound/Vibration
    Wi-Fi

Known issues
    You tell me

Installation
    DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download
    Download (Plus)

Donate
    Rom developer
    Liked my work? Give me a beer
    Rom mantainer
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
    Help with project translation

Stay tuned
    Our Telegram channel
    Our blog

Special Thanks
    Thanks to PixelExperience project and jhenrique09
    Thanks to ArrowOS project and palaych
    Thanks to Parrot043 for his GCam Port (Donate, Telegram group)
    Thanks to Josevega, jesujopi, rtx4d, Crim Soukyuu, Azev and loipuru for all their help on Telegram

Credits for trees
    Telegram: Channel | TG Portal/Links
    Github: https://github.com/ArrowOS
    Code Review: review.arrowos.net
    E-mail: arrowos.contact
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.arrowos.net

Credits for ROM source code
    Telegram: Chat | News
    Github: https://github.com/PixelExperience
    Code Review: gerrit.pixelexperience.org
    PayPal: Donate to us
    Blog: blog.pixelexperience.org

Build author: sergej_7
    Source code: https://github.com/PixelExperience
    Trees: https://github.com/sergej3
    ROM Developer: jhenrique09

XDA:DevDB Information
    PixelExperience 11, ROM for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 3

Contributors
    sergej_7
    Source Code: https://github.com/PixelExperience

ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
    Based On: AOSP/CAF

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2021-03-23
    Last Updated 2021-11-25
    Excuse my ignorance, but do I need to install the MIUI ROM first?

I get a bootloop installing with or without MIUI ROM.

I tried:
    - V12.0.3.0.QEECNXM
    - V12.0.2.0.QEEMIXM

1 - Wipe, Advanced Wipe, Dalvik / ART Cache, Cache, System, Vendor, Data
    2 - Install MIUI 12 ROM
    3 - Install Pixel Experience
    4 - Install Magisk
    5 - Reboot
    dont install MIUI12 ROM, just flash recommended Firmware afterwards flash PixelExperience and Magisk. I have added flash instructions in third post.
    After a year I decided to fix my old Mix 3 and I just got my new screen installed today. Now i tried to flash the latest TWRP. I rebooted to apply the new TWRP. But now i cant see anything. It does connect cus on my laptop i get a "What do you want to do with MIX 3." And then when I go to fastboot and i try to run fastboot commands the screen goes black and in the top right there is a message that says "Press any key to shutdown"
    In Powershell it gives this error:

PS C:\Users\Pboe4\Desktop\Mi Mix 3\Minimal ADB and Fastboot> ./fastboot devices
    ???????????? fastboot
    PS C:\Users\Pboe4\Desktop\Mi Mix 3\Minimal ADB and Fastboot>

Can anyone help me?
    maybe reflashing stock and then flashing twrp can fix your issue. I have seen press any key to shutdown message only on curtana If I remember it right flashing Stock and then flashing twrp again Fixed it and don't lock the bootloader If you are not sure
    maybe reflashing stock and then flashing twrp can fix your issue. I have seen press any key to shutdown message only on curtana If I remember it right flashing Stock and then flashing twrp again Fixed it and don't lock the bootloader If you are not sure
    Okay so after struggling for some time i got the lastest chinese rom up and running. Thing is, twrp is gone. And since i still cant access the fastboot i cant flash twrp again. I also didn't root the rom. Soooo. Any idea's about that?

Edit:

I fixed it. Dug around on xda a bit and found out that it had something to do with usb 3.0 ports. Soooo i used i usb hub and BAM the fastboot commands are working