• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [11.0] [PME] LineageOS 18.1 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

goobener

May 14, 2015
HTC 10

goobener

May 14, 2015
HTC 10
links are on post #1 of this thread.
My bad. I thought there may have been a different one. I have downloaded the latest one from your AFH files. I'm having trouble finding a US unlocked (unbranded) version. The only thing I can come up with is a Verizon one in a RUU. There are some zip files with images but I have no idea what country?

I flashed a different RUU (still Europe) that had a different radio. Now I have an issue and get message "no sim found". When I do a complete wipe the process will not access 'carrier location. Not sure if this has anything to do with the "no sim found" message?

I have tried wiping everything and reflashing the RUU I started with, still no radio. When I flashed it originally it would see the sim card and listed Redpocket as the carrier, it just would not connect. Now I fixed it so good nothing works LOL.

raul16

My bad. I thought there may have been a different one. I have downloaded the latest one from your AFH files. I'm having trouble finding a US unlocked (unbranded) version. The only thing I can come up with is a Verizon one in a RUU. There are some zip files with images but I have no idea what country?

I flashed a different RUU (still Europe) that had a different radio. Now I have an issue and get message "no sim found". When I do a complete wipe the process will not access 'carrier location. Not sure if this has anything to do with the "no sim found" message?

I have tried wiping everything and reflashing the RUU I started with, still no radio. When I flashed it originally it would see the sim card and listed Redpocket as the carrier, it just would not connect. Now I fixed it so good nothing works LOL.
check this out 2PS6IMG_PERFUME_WL_O80_SENSE90GP_MR_NA_Gen_Unlock_3.16.617.2.zip it is complete Oreo HTC 10; can find more on NA here

follow the steps explained in post #161 last phrase. if OK, boot to Oreo, configure and check if you can see network and use the phone. if yes you're done, if not i don't see what can be done :(

Reactions: goobener

goobener

May 14, 2015
HTC 10
Reactions: raul16

goobener

May 14, 2015
HTC 10
Thank you so much for taking the time to help. I really appreciate it. I'll give this a try when I get a minute.
Sooo...I attempted to flash the RUU from SD card in download mode. No love. I verified MD5 after downloading, it matches up. Does anyone know what causes this error? I had it happen with another RUU I tried to flash as well.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24

raul16

Sooo...I attempted to flash the RUU from SD card in download mode. No love. I verified MD5 after downloading, it matches up. Does anyone know what causes this error? I had it happen with another RUU I tried to flash as well.
you have error 12:
12 SIGNATURE FAIL: phone expects an HTC signature and can't find one; or found a wrong one

check this thread [GUIDE] De-brand/convert the HTC 10 to WWE/US Unlocked | CID HTC__001/BS_US001 maybe you can find a solution to fix it...

goobener

May 14, 2015
HTC 10
you have error 12:
12 SIGNATURE FAIL: phone expects an HTC signature and can't find one; or found a wrong one

check this thread [GUIDE] De-brand/convert the HTC 10 to WWE/US Unlocked | CID HTC__001/BS_US001 maybe you can find a solution to fix it...
Thank you again. I'm about to say the h*ll with it and buy a different phone. All I wanted to do was switch it from Verizon to a phone that would work with GSM so I could test out the Redpocket service and see if I wanted to switch. I've been messing with this for 4 days now. Even if I get it to work, it needs a new battery LOL.

Reactions: raul16

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
Hmmm... I don't think this ROM likes my 10. I flashed stock US unlocked Oreo RUU, followed all instructions, got first boot to come up and did the first time set up, rebooted the phone. It started to load and then rebooted, started to load and rebooted a second time, and its now been sitting on the boot screen for over half an hour. I'll leave it there to see if it eventually finishes up but oof. I didn't install Magisk or Gapps because I don't want them.

This is a bug in this ROM, as well as fagyi's. The only workaround for now is to reboot the phone. Sometimes you have to reboot more than once.
well...that didn't work...moved back to crDroid... if needed, I can flash this rom again and send needed logs/required info about my device. Thanks for giving life to my 5 years old smartphone!

krpovmu

Apr 5, 2014
Hi @raul16 I rooted my HTC 10 and the phone is S-OFF and unlock, when I tried to install your image or any other image the phone is in soft bootloop even though I can enter to bootloader and TWMP without problem but when I install any other images the phone never start, can you help me?

Thanks

Attachments

• photo_2021-08-15_00-54-37.jpg
    photo_2021-08-15_00-54-37.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

raul16

Hi @raul16 I rooted my HTC 10 and the phone is S-OFF and unlock, when I tried to install your image or any other image the phone is in soft bootloop even though I can enter to bootloader and TWMP withuot problem but when I install any other images the phone never start, can you help me?

Thanks
I can see that your firmware version is 2.42.651.6 which means its Nougat [Android 7]. You must be on 3.xx.xxx.x Oreo firmware [Android 8]. Then you can flash this ROM or any other ...
read this thread as same issue have been solved and solutions provided.

krpovmu

Apr 5, 2014
Hi @raul16 I rooted my HTC 10 and the phone is S-OFF and unlock, when I tried to install your image or any other image the phone is in soft bootloop even though I can enter to bootloader and TWMP without problem but when I install any other images the phone never start, can you help me?

Thanks

I tried the steps on #161 but the phone shows

Attachments

• photo_2021-08-15_01-36-26.jpg
    photo_2021-08-15_01-36-26.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 13

shadabkiani

Mar 2, 2018
Pakistan
HTC 10

Thanks
Judging from your firmware version OS-2.42.651.6, I beleive your phone model is Sprint HTC 10. So you need to flash Sprint's firmware. Here is the thread link for updating Sprint HTC 10:

Let me just make it simple for you. Download the core firmware zip (110 MB size) from the following link:

Flash this by SD card method (rename zip to 2PS6IMG.zip, copy to SD card, put in phone and boot to Download Mode).
When it succeeds, download the complete firmware (2 GB size) from the following link:

Flash this complete firmware with SD card method too.

Once it is done, and your phone boots up Adrdoid 8, you are good to go. Now you can proceed with the procedure of flashing custom ROM (unlocking bootloader if needed, flashing TWRP, etc. etc.).

shadabkiani

Mar 2, 2018
Pakistan
HTC 10
new build available lineage-18.1-20210814-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
August 2021 Security patch
los: upgrade A11 from r39 to r40 build RQ3A.210805.001.A1
pme: device & kernel code fixes & optimizations
pme: update blobs for media/display/graphics
Thank you very much for your amazing work. I really appreciate it.

There are a few bugs in this build (20210814) as well as previous build (20210712).

1. Sometimes when I reboot, auto-rotate doesn't work. I have to reboot again in order to make it work. Sometimes, I have to reboot a number of times to get it working. This is just like the cellular network bug. I play racing games so I rely on auto-rotate.
2. The audio effects have the same bug. I have to reboot to get them working.
3. With this latest build (20210814), another bug is that audio is not routed to headphones, even though the headphones icon shows in the status bar. This wasn't in the previous build (20210712)
4. I had one random reboot with the latest build once so far, so I guess this bug is back again. It was fixed in the previous couple of builds though.

With all these bugs, I have to reboot a huge number of times in order to get everything working properly.

So far, the build (20210622) is the best with none of the above bugs.

P.S. I have the phone rooted with Magisk. I flash the ROM, GApps (basic) and Addons, and do the initial setup. Then I reboot and root with Magisk. This is what I have been doing all along with previous builds and have had no such bugs. I hope this info helps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    new build available lineage-18.1-20210912-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
    September 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r40 to r43 build RQ3A.210905.001
    pme: device sensors, init code fixes & optimizations
    pme: kernel BFQ I/O scheduler & other code fixes
    The issues aren't very critical, but they are these:

1. Battery percentage indicator displays less than actual capacity. When you plug in your charger, the percent doesn't go up by more than 3-4% so it seems the charging is stuck, but the phone is actually charging. The workaround for this bug is posted in post #76

2. Reboot takes long time sometimes. It keeps rebooting sometimes maybe even 3 or 4 times before finally booting up.

3. For some, after a reboot, SIM network asks for unlock code, you don't get any signals. The fix is to just reboot the phone. Sometimes, you might have to reboot 3 or 4 times.
    issue 1 Is now less severe for me. The battery percentage over time goes up and the reported battery percentage is always lower than actual.
    issue 2 has maybe something to do with Magisk or GApps, because when i was testing latest build, my phone had no problem booting up on the first try.
    issue 3 is bug, that i have never encountered. I have no PIN set on SIM. Sometimes after random reboot the phone is in airplane mode, but after toggling it off everything work normally.
    I have encountered one more issue. Sometimes my HTC 10 is stuck at loading splash screen. I have once saw the exact moments before that happens. The screen blinks and after few minutes the phone lits again with the loading splash. I waited one day and nothing happened, the splash screen was still moving and the phone was still running hot (it was connected to charger).

I have installed build 20210712, NikGApps basic, Magisk and I am using data recovery through seedvault backups (with OAndBackupX for selected apss that report, that cannot be backed. I only do backup of apps that are not system.)

PS: sorry for my bad english.
    My configuration is as follows:

Firmware 3.22.970.9 Japan (I recently flashed this. My original was WW though)
    LineageOS 18.1 Build 20210912 (latest)
    NikGApps Basic 20210815 (latest)
    NikGApps Addons (GBoard Gmail Calculator Calender Maps Photos Wallpapers PlayGames)
    Magisk v23.0 (latest, the one that requires flashing patched boot.img)
    Advanced Charging Controller (ACC) module with app
    I replace stock fonts (all Roboto ones in /system/fonts/) with Lato
    I also replace bootanimation with Google Pixel's

P.S. The panic reboot/bootloop usually happens more frequently when I flash new build and set up apps and other stuff. But once the phone is all set up with apps and everything, it usually doesn't happen that much. Like I told you in the first 12 hours, when I was still installing apps and setting them, it paniced like 4 or 5 times, and often ending up in reboot loop. But now in the last 12 hours, everything seems to be OK. I am playing Asphalt 9 like usual frequently and it's all good.
    Maybe I should try different firmware. The WW one that was originally there in the beginning.
    if panic / reboot happens only when you do new apps install / setup I would recommend to keep on using it (as seems stable now !) and monitor if will panic/reboot again while you use it for next few days.

PS:
    our kernel for msm8996 ( 3.18.140 ) still misses some upsteam commits that other siblings (like OP3/3T or Leeco X2) have for various code bug fixes (including I/O schedulers).
    once we could identify more accurate which kernel module throw these errors the fix could be found / applied ;)
    You mean when you unplug the charger, it shows correctly then?

This doesn't happen with me. It gets stuck there. When I unpug the charger,it still stays there. I keep using phone. Once the actual % gets down to the displayed stuck value, then it shows correctly, and drops down accordingly from there upon use.
    To fix that, I use ACC with setting such as it charges for 50 seconds then pauses for 10 seconds. That way charging is refreshed every minute and percent goes up correctly.
    same here.
    i did not install ACC as I just unplug and replug my charger when i notice the stalled value and then the % value jump to the actual correct one ;) so in the end it ends up showing 100% ...
    I is more elegant with ACC but i didn't install it so that i will find some time to proper look into it and fix it !
    header_htc_10_xda.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on AOSP with contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. If needed you can install any GApps package available for R.
    LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    The source code for LineageOS is available at Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit Gerrit Code Review. LineageOS changelog is whatever was merged into Gerrit.

Instructions:
    1. make a FULL backup first from your actual system.
    2. before installing make sure you are running the latest stock Oreo from the latest HTC Sense.
    3. install as recovery the latest TWRP recovery 3.5.0_9-0 ( thanks @Captain_Throwback )
    4. if you are encrypted, - coming from stock Oreo - take a full backup of all your data, boot into TWRP and format data (the option which requires you to type "yes") and clean flash accordingly.
      This is due to encryption changes. Do not skip this step or you will be locked out of your system by a password prompt.
    5. after format /data you must reboot to recovery to be able to copy needed files to flash on /sdcard
    6. download the latest ROM zip from the downloads section below
    7. wipe system, cache, and data if coming from another AOSP based rom
    8. flash ROM zip in TWRP, reboot to system and make initial settings. don't enable option Lineage recovery during setup as you will lose TWRP and you need to reinstall it again!
    9. flash the latest Magisk (optional) and reboot to system to system to setup Magisk app [wait for it to load]
    10. if you want / need Google apps boot to recovery [you can use extended power menu - set it in developer options] and flash GApps of your choice (optional)
    11. reboot to system and configure your apps permissions
    Enjoy ;) latest LOS 18.1 [Android 11] on your HTC 10.

Downloads:
    Known Issues:
    1. IMS - VOLTE
    2. SlowMo
    3. SeLinux permissive

Reporting bugs:
    Bug reports without a proper description of the issue and a logcat will be ignored!

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • TWRP Team
    • Magisk Team
    • Fagyi & all HTC 10 contributors

Special thanks:
    @fagyi

Source code:

LineageOS Gerrit Review
    LineageOS source
    Kernel source
    Device source
    Vendor source

XDA: DevDB Information
    [ROM] [11.0] [PME] LineageOS 18.1 [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors:

raul16

Donations
    donations are not mandatory but very welcomed
    If you like my work and want to support development or buy me a coffee PayPal Donate

ROM OS Version: Android 11_r43
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
    ROM Firmware Required: OREO
    Based On: LineageOS 18.1

Version Information
    Stable

Created on 2020-12-12
    Last Updated 2021-09-12

Screeshots:
    Screenshot_20210117-120922_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210117-121007_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210117-121550_Magisk_Manager.pngScreenshot_20210117-122433_SafetyNet_Test.pngScreenshot_20210117-122533_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210117-123005_Trebuchet.png
    ----------------------------------------------------
    2021-09-12
    los: changelog here

2021-08-14
    August 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r39 to r40 build RQ3A.210805.001.A1
    pme: update blobs for media/display/graphics

2021-07-12
    July 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r38 to r39 build RQ3A.210705.001

2021-06-22
    Fix - encryption support enabled for /data partition
    Fix - speaker sound
    New - included LOS 18.1 changes from 16.06 to 22.06.2021 (inclusive)

2021-06-16
    June 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r37 to r38 build RQ3A.210605.005
    pme: compile kernel with gcc
    pme: various device code fixes

2021-05-16
    May 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade from A11_r34 to A11_r37 RQ2A.210505.003
    pme: compile kernel with gcc

2021-04-30
    April 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade from A11_r32 to A11_r34 RQ2A.210405.005
    pme: compile kernel with gcc [gcc version 4.9.x (prerelease)]
    pme: kernel optimizations
    pme: various code fixes from CAF & mentainers

2021-04-05
    March 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade from A11_r29 to A11_r32 RQ2A.210305.006
    pme: compile kernel with clang-11
    pme: treewide fix use of uninitialized variable
    pme: various code fixes from CAF & mentainers
    pme: BACKPORT radio driver from Google wahoo
    pme: UPSTREAM kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF
    pme: BACKPORT kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF

2021-02-09
    February 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade from A11_r27 to A11_r29 RQ1A.210204.004
    pme: merge CAF tag LA.UM.8.6.r1-05300-89xx.0
    pme: updated info security patches applied
    pme: UPSTREAM kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF
    pme: BACKPORT kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF

2021-01-15
    January 2021 Security patch
    pme: touch: Improve logging output
    pme: touch: Fix code style issues
    pme: Use CodeAurora ImsService implementation for RCS
    pme: Add AOSP RCS packages
    pme: Remove dead RCS packages
    pme: manifest: Remove Trust interface entry
    pme: Deduplicate handheld_core_hardware.xml copy rule
    pme: Inherit from AOSP product makefiles in the common tree
    pme: Remove [email protected]
    pme: Migrate to Health 2.1 HAL
    pme: Replace [email protected] with audio.service
    pme: Enforce vintf manifest override
    pme: Move supplicant service init to wpa_supplicant

2020-12-12
    December 2020 Security patch
    Initial beta release LOS 18.1 for HTC U10
    new build available lineage-18.1-20210622-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
    Fix - encryption support enabled for /data partition
    Fix - speaker sound
    New - included LOS 18.1 changes from 16.06 to 22.06.2021 (inclusive)
    new build available lineage-18.1-20210912-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
    new build available lineage-18.1-20210516-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
    May 5 2021 Security patch
    upgrade from A11_r34 to A11_r37 [build RQ2A.210505.003]