• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [11.0] [PME] LineageOS 18.1 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

shadabkiani

Mar 2, 2018
Pakistan
HTC 10
besides the logs (dmesg ramoops) of last boot loop please provide more info on reboot - reboot from system or recovery ? magisk with modules installed ... to be able to understand your specific context.
Logs have been attached. I took the logs after I rebooted my phone just now, and it took 7 or 8 times before booting successfully.

Rooted with Magisk and ACC module (for charging) installed.

It doesn't matter where I reboot from, whether I simply reboot the phone, or power it off and then turn back on, or I go to recovery and then reboot, or I go to download mode and reboot from there, nothing matters. It just goes into reboot-loop for 7 or 8 times, or maybe more, and then boots up on its own will.

(P.S. the reboot-loop means that it loops before the bootanimation, you know when HTC logo appears. Once the bootanimation comes, it boots up good.)

You know what, I will try a different strategy this time and let you know. I will not root my phone this time, use NikGApps core version instead of basic one, see how it goes.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    95.6 KB · Views: 3

shadabkiani

Mar 2, 2018
Pakistan
HTC 10
@raul16 Update: I just reflahed the ROM with NikGApps Core version. No apps installed yet. Now I have rebooted the phone a number of times and that reboot-loop issue hasn't happened yet. So now I know it was wrong with some app beffore that used to cause the issue, not the ROM. I will update you after some more tests.

Reactions: raul16

shadabkiani

Mar 2, 2018
Pakistan
HTC 10
@raul16 Update: So now I have installed all the regular apps that I use. Now when I reboot, it generally reboot-loops once before booting successfully. That means it boots up on 2nd try. But its still better than before.

I have not rooted the phone yet. Now I beleive it was the Magisk module ACC for charging that was causing trouble before. Anyway, I will install and test then let you know.

ondrasouk

Apr 15, 2016
HTC One (m7)
Google Nexus 5
@raul16 Update: So now I have installed all the regular apps that I use. Now when I reboot, it generally reboot-loops once before booting successfully. That means it boots up on 2nd try. But its still better than before.

I have not rooted the phone yet. Now I beleive it was the Magisk module ACC for charging that was causing trouble before. Anyway, I will install and test then let you know.
I don't use ACC hack for correcting the battery percentage and I have random reboots (mostly after first drawn frame (or before the ads loads) of web page in Chrome) and sometimes the phone starts at fourth try.
The "scheduling while atomic" bug is still there.
BTW: Tried compiling the near mainline linux-msm kernel. The phone booted...well that's it. After a day I have produced working display, but...well everything else is not working (tried building PostMarketOS, because for Android i would need to build my ROM for this development and mainly i don't know Android stack and hate Java...) For now i don't have time for creating patches for bringing drivers and functionality from downstream CAF kernel and getting it working in PostMarketOS or other Linux distros, so for now i will be using Android. I will have more time after may, so maybe next year I will have something "working" (hope the radio will not be a big blocker).

Attachments

• logs.zip
    18.5 KB · Views: 3

raul16

I don't use ACC hack for correcting the battery percentage and I have random reboots (mostly after first drawn frame (or before the ads loads) of web page in Chrome) and sometimes the phone starts at fourth try.
The "scheduling while atomic" bug is still there.
BTW: Tried compiling the near mainline linux-msm kernel. The phone booted...well that's it. After a day I have produced working display, but...well everything else is not working (tried building PostMarketOS, because for Android i would need to build my ROM for this development and mainly i don't know Android stack and hate Java...) For now i don't have time for creating patches for bringing drivers and functionality from downstream CAF kernel and getting it working in PostMarketOS or other Linux distros, so for now i will be using Android. I will have more time after may, so maybe next year I will have something "working" (hope the radio will not be a big blocker).
based on logs attached the kernel panic is due to Chrome (process ThreadPoolForeg aka Thread Pool Foreground that seems to stack overflow).
i use Google (from NikGapps) and webview (based on Chromium) and no such issues.

Kasazza

Dec 27, 2012
Thanks ipedia.
I'll keep that in mind. I decided to restart from scratch and I made the following notes.

Step 1 - Enter TWRP
1. Power down phone
2. Hold power and volume down for about 10-15 seconds (until you see HTC logo)
3. Select "Reboot to bootloader" (and phone will soft-reboot)
4. Select "Boot to recovery mode" (and phone will soft-reboot)

Step 2 - Wipe Internal Memory
1. Swipe to allow modifications (see blue bar at bottom of screen)
2. Select "Wipe"
3. Select "Data" and enter "yes" [note: you must type in "yes", otherwise the encryption won't be erased and you won't be able to access the phone]
5. Select "Reboot System" and you'll have to do "Step 1" to enter TWRP again
6. Plug phone into PC and copy LineageOS and MindTheGApps to the External Storage of the phone] ... [might need HTC Driver installed to do this]

Step 3 - Install LineageOS
1. From TWRP (step 1), Select "Install"
2. Change storage to External Storage (in my case Micro SD Card)
3. Select the LineageOS zip file
4. Make sure "Reboot after installation is complete" is checked
5. Swipe to confirm flash (blue bar at bottm of screen)
Phone will reboot. Go through installation process until you see the standard android screen

Step 4 - Install MindTheGApps
1. Connect the phone to your PC and copy MIndTheGapps zip file to your External Storage
2. Reboot into TWRP
3. From TWRP (step 1), Select "Install"
4. Change storage to External Storage (in my case Micro SD Card)
5. Select the MindTheGapps zip file (eg. MindTheGapps-11.0.0-arm64-20210920_084011.zip)
6. Make sure "Reboot after installation is complete" is checked
7. Swipe to confirm flash (blue bar at bottm of screen)
Phone will reboot (hopefully). If not, reboot and restart Step 4
Go through installation process until you see the standard android screen

Step 5 - Post Installation
1. You'll have to set up your External Storage (you'll be warned and double tap the warning screen)
UNQUOTE

At the moment, I can now install Brave again. Android says there are no updates. If there are any problems, I will share my findings.

You are welcome to use my notes as you see fit. If it helps other beginners, then all the better.

Thanks again

GKW
Hello everybody,
I am coming from LOS 17 (fagyi): I installed latest TWRP 3.5.2-9.0 and did step 1 and step 2.
But the zip files of ROM and NikGapps copied in folders of internal memory: is it mandatory to copy them in to a external MicroSD?
Is it possible to install in the same time in 2 steps first ROM then GAPPS and then after only one reboot? I do not need to installl any other add-on like Magisk and so on.

Thanks, Andrea

raul16

Hello everybody,
I am coming from LOS 17 (fagyi): I installed latest TWRP 3.5.2-9.0 and did step 1 and step 2.
But the zip files of ROM and NikGapps copied in folders of internal memory: is it mandatory to copy them in to a external MicroSD?
Is it possible to install in the same time in 2 steps first ROM then GAPPS and then after only one reboot? I do not need to installl any other add-on like Magisk and so on.

Thanks, Andrea
copy needed files into internal memory. no need to use external SD Card.
factory reset would be recommended in TWRP
you can add more zip's to install in TWRP, so after ROM you can add NikGapps (and add-ons if needed), then after flash ok just reboot to system.
first boot will be longer. configure phone and you're done if no Magisk required. (for passing CTS)

Reactions: Kasazza

Kasazza

Dec 27, 2012
copy needed files into internal memory. no need to use external SD Card.
factory reset would be recommended in TWRP
you can add more zip's to install in TWRP, so after ROM you can add NikGapps (and add-ons if needed), then after flash ok just reboot to system.
first boot will be longer. configure phone and you're done if no Magisk required. (for passing CTS)
Factory reset and format ("yes") already done. Amd already restarted TWRP aftyer it.
Tomorrow I start programming it: smartphone left over the office desk ;)
Already read of the very long lasting first boot (possible half an hour... NOT BAD!)

I did not understand when it is useful to add add-on packages singularly by the list of NikGapps, or when is i t possible to add them after the first deploy installing them normally by Play Store!

Andrea

raul16

Factory reset and format ("yes") already done. Amd already restarted TWRP aftyer it.
Tomorrow I start programming it: smartphone left over the office desk ;)
Already read of the very long lasting first boot (possible half an hour... NOT BAD!)

I did not understand when it is useful to add add-on packages singularly by the list of NikGapps, or when is i t possible to add them after the first deploy installing them normally by Play Store!

Andrea
first boot (rom+core nikgapss) should take ~5 min not longer...
you can either pick up nik or play store app for normal / standard apps like gmail / maps / yt/ music
for special apps like vanced manager, yt vanced, music vanced use add-ons and flash them after rom & core/basic (!) in one install then boot. this will insure proper installation and permissions.

Kasazza

Dec 27, 2012
Installed latest build, with latest NikGapps 2021/10/18 Base version
After first start updated Google Play Services and installed Google Drive, News and GBoard
I have noticed two little issues:
1) The official APP of Italian Health Government Office Minister COVID19 Green Pass Check does not recognize them as good! I Don't know if it's a issue related to a non-official ROM (probably) or to tne disabled encryption...
2) Play Store does not recognize as already mine a APP bought in the past, and it tells me to pay for install...
Probably it needs to be resetted and reinitialized, anyway very good... I stay tuned for nest releases

Bye from Italy, Andrea

Reactions: raul16

raul16

Installed latest build, with latest NikGapps 2021/10/18 Base version
After first start updated Google Play Services and installed Google Drive, News and GBoard
I have noticed two little issues:
1) The official APP of Italian Health Government Office Minister COVID19 Green Pass Check does not recognize them as good! I Don't know if it's a issue related to a non-official ROM (probably) or to tne disabled encryption...
2) Play Store does not recognize as already mine a APP bought in the past, and it tells me to pay for install...
Probably it needs to be resetted and reinitialized, anyway very good... I stay tuned for nest releases

Bye from Italy, Andrea
on the reported issues:
1/ what does the app check actually ? here in Romania we just dowload the EU Green Pass (Vaccine Certificate in EU form) wich is an signed PDF document we show when needed.
maybe the app require CTS pass (from Google) and then you might need Magisk hide ;
2/ same user so should be OK unless again CTS verification (like for GPay !) then again Magisk hide required.

also in both cases look for missing permissions that might be required for those apps.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    new build available lineage-18.1-20211107-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
    November 2021 Security patch
    los: Bump Security String to 2021-11-05 [build RQ3A.211001.001]
    pme: device code cleanup
    Any way/possibility to enable "user" builds? I know Fagyi couldn't fix that problem and it's related with SELinux mostly.

Also, about LibShims "might work" removing libgui dependency. I can see this Xiaomi repository removed it. https://github.com/XelXen/elytra-device_xiaomi_sdm660-common/ Can't confirm yet if works or not.

What's the technical reason why user builds can't be made?

Thanks
    Another question, for someone here. Does someone knows how to extract images from a RUU file? That's in order to avoid building with the vendor repo but using ROM based blobs instead.
    Any way/possibility to enable "user" builds? I know Fagyi couldn't fix that problem and it's related with SELinux mostly.

Also, about LibShims "might work" removing libgui dependency. I can see this Xiaomi repository removed it. https://github.com/XelXen/elytra-device_xiaomi_sdm660-common/ Can't confirm yet if works or not.

What's the technical reason why user builds can't be made?

Thanks
    (1) that's what official builds ship and what I'd recommend you to stick with as user is very much untested (by LineageOS team !)
    with userdebug you get: adb root, more logs and so on
    (2) what about libshims ?
    (3) need a vendor repo to build. most of those blobs are devices O blobs extracted from it (device running Oreo) others are updated as required by current version Android api level.
    (4) SELinux is still an issue that need to be fixed for R.
    header_htc_10_xda.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on AOSP with contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. If needed you can install any GApps package available for R.
    LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    The source code for LineageOS is available at Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit Gerrit Code Review. LineageOS changelog is whatever was merged into Gerrit.

Instructions:
    1. make a FULL backup first from your actual system.
    2. before installing make sure you are running the latest stock Oreo from the latest HTC Sense.
    3. install as recovery the latest TWRP recovery 3.5.0_9-0 ( thanks @Captain_Throwback )
    4. if you are encrypted, - coming from stock Oreo - take a full backup of all your data, boot into TWRP and format data (the option which requires you to type "yes") and clean flash accordingly.
      This is due to encryption changes. Do not skip this step or you will be locked out of your system by a password prompt.
    5. after format /data you must reboot to recovery to be able to copy needed files to flash on /sdcard
    6. download the latest ROM zip and GApps (optional - if needed) from the downloads section below
    7. wipe system, cache, and data if coming from another AOSP based rom
    8. flash ROM zip in TWRP, add install more zip's and flash also GApps (optional), thus you get best integration of vanilla LOS with GApps;
    9. reboot to system and make initial settings & configurations; also check and configure your apps permissions;
      Note: don't enable option Lineage recovery during setup as you will lose TWRP (overwrite by LOS Recovery app) and you need to reinstall it again!
    10. optional: flash the latest Magisk and reboot to system to setup Magisk app [wait for it to load]
    Enjoy ;) latest LOS 18.1 [Android 11] on your HTC 10.

Downloads:
    Known Issues:
    1. IMS - VOLTE
    2. SlowMo
    3. SeLinux permissive

Reporting bugs:
    Bug reports without a proper description of the issue and a logcat will be ignored!

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • TWRP Team
    • Magisk Team
    • Fagyi & all HTC 10 contributors

Special thanks:
    @fagyi

Source code:

LineageOS Gerrit Review
    LineageOS source
    Kernel source
    Device source
    Vendor source

XDA: DevDB Information
    [ROM] [11.0] [PME] LineageOS 18.1 [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors:

raul16

Donations
    donations are not mandatory but very welcomed
    If you like my work and want to support development or buy me a coffee PayPal Donate

ROM OS Version: Android 11_r43
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
    ROM Firmware Required: OREO
    Based On: LineageOS 18.1

Version Information
    Stable

Created on 2020-12-12
    Last Updated 2021-11-07

Screeshots:
    Screenshot_20210117-120922_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210117-121007_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210117-121550_Magisk_Manager.pngScreenshot_20210117-122433_SafetyNet_Test.pngScreenshot_20210117-122533_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210117-123005_Trebuchet.png
    ----------------------------------------------------
    2021-11-07
    November 2021 Security patch
    los: Bump Security String to 2021-11-05 [build RQ3A.211001.001]
    los: changelog here
    pme: device code cleanup

2021-10-14
    October 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r43 to r46 build RQ3A.211001.001
    pme: code upstream, backport + optimizations
    pme: kernel charging, scheduling while atomic bug

2021-09-12
    September 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r40 to r43 build RQ3A.210905.001
    pme: device sensors, init code fixes & optimizations
    pme: kernel BFQ I/O scheduler & other code fixes

2021-08-14
    August 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r39 to r40 build RQ3A.210805.001.A1
    pme: device & kernel code fixes & optimizations
    pme: update blobs for media/display/graphics

2021-07-12
    July 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r38 to r39 build RQ3A.210705.001
    pme: device & kernel code fixes & optimizations

2021-06-22
    Fix - encryption support enabled for /data partition
    Fix - speaker sound
    New - included LOS 18.1 changes from 16.06 to 22.06.2021 (inclusive)

2021-06-16
    June 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r37 to r38 build RQ3A.210605.005
    pme: compile kernel with gcc
    pme: various device code fixes

2021-05-16
    May 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade from A11_r34 to A11_r37 RQ2A.210505.003
    pme: compile kernel with gcc

2021-04-30
    April 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade from A11_r32 to A11_r34 RQ2A.210405.005
    pme: compile kernel with gcc [gcc version 4.9.x (prerelease)]
    pme: kernel optimizations
    pme: various code fixes from CAF & mentainers

2021-04-05
    March 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade from A11_r29 to A11_r32 RQ2A.210305.006
    pme: compile kernel with clang-11
    pme: treewide fix use of uninitialized variable
    pme: various code fixes from CAF & mentainers
    pme: BACKPORT radio driver from Google wahoo
    pme: UPSTREAM kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF
    pme: BACKPORT kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF

2021-02-09
    February 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade from A11_r27 to A11_r29 RQ1A.210204.004
    pme: merge CAF tag LA.UM.8.6.r1-05300-89xx.0
    pme: updated info security patches applied
    pme: UPSTREAM kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF
    pme: BACKPORT kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF

2021-01-15
    January 2021 Security patch
    pme: touch: Improve logging output
    pme: touch: Fix code style issues
    pme: Use CodeAurora ImsService implementation for RCS
    pme: Add AOSP RCS packages
    pme: Remove dead RCS packages
    pme: manifest: Remove Trust interface entry
    pme: Deduplicate handheld_core_hardware.xml copy rule
    pme: Inherit from AOSP product makefiles in the common tree
    pme: Remove [email protected]
    pme: Migrate to Health 2.1 HAL
    pme: Replace [email protected] with audio.service
    pme: Enforce vintf manifest override
    pme: Move supplicant service init to wpa_supplicant

2020-12-12
    December 2020 Security patch
    Initial beta release LOS 18.1 for HTC U10
    new build available lineage-18.1-20210622-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
    Fix - encryption support enabled for /data partition
    Fix - speaker sound
    New - included LOS 18.1 changes from 16.06 to 22.06.2021 (inclusive)
    new build available lineage-18.1-20211014-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
    October 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r43 to r46 build RQ3A.211001.001
    pme: code upstream, backport + optimizations
    pme: kernel charging, scheduling while atomic bug
    new build available lineage-18.1-20210912-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
    September 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r40 to r43 build RQ3A.210905.001
    pme: device sensors, init code fixes & optimizations
    pme: kernel BFQ I/O scheduler & other code fixes