[ROM] [11.0] [PME] LineageOS 18.1 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

Jupp Pütta

Jan 26, 2019
HTC One (M9)
HTC 10
in such a case (no dmesg and unusable pmsg) it means that there was no kernel panic nor a reboot request that cause the reboot but a power cycle (!)
reboot due to power cycle is usually indicating a power supply defect.
the new console file is created once you clean boot successfully.
you can clean-up /sys/fs/pstore/ directory now and next time it occurs sent me those new files. I am still on 21.14 (last dec build) and haven't experienced such reboots.
Fyi: had a reboot again, but no log files in /sys/fs/pstore/.
I cleared the pstore-folder after the last reboot.

DJ361

Jan 20, 2022
to get help you must provide details.
what do you need for details
also i do to bootloader then in recovery twrp is on the newest update
i do format data type yes and do a wipe
then i go to install select lineage 18.1 And choose multiple zips select Gapps and magisk
then press on install swipe to right after installing i do wipe cache then reboot to system
is come to the boot animation and wait a moment then becomes black wait for a moment again then the HTC Boot animation come again and again until I get it back into recovery mode

raul16

then i go to install select lineage 18.1 And choose multiple zips select Gapps and magisk
then press on install swipe to right after installing i do wipe cache then reboot to system
is come to the boot animation and wait a moment then becomes black wait for a moment again then the HTC Boot animation come again and again until I get it back into recovery mode
because in details you find the wrong steps done. you have to follow all steps from #1 for first time install - do not combine them !
ensure you came from last Oreo FW
format data partition + wipe cache & dalvik
flash the LOS 18.1 rom + GApps only - no Magisk at this stage; i also recommend core version of NikGapps for stability;
boot to system and once it boots configure your phone as you please.

now you can go to recovery (as you have a configured working phone) and flash Magisk23, wipe cache & dalvik and reboot to system.

Reactions: denyo81

DJ361

Jan 20, 2022
because in details you find the wrong steps done. you have to follow all steps from #1 for first time install - do not combine them !
ensure you came from last Oreo FW
format data partition + wipe cache & dalvik
flash the LOS 18.1 rom + GApps only - no Magisk at this stage; i also recommend core version of NikGapps for stability;
boot to system and once it boots configure your phone as you please.

now you can go to recovery (as you have a configured working phone) and flash Magisk23, wipe cache & dalvik and reboot to system.
so i do it i delet all and do it step to step i do not combine i do install step by step
then i reboot to system again bootloop i install only los 18.1 and gapps for core

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
I had this exact same problem... Then the device bricked.

Flashed stock US unlocked Oreo firmware zip, flashed latest TWRP, wiped all partitions, installed Lineage and Gapps core, rebooted, configured, went to reboot to install Magisk and it ignored my holding the volume down button and it started to boot into Lineage again. Was going to let it finish and use adb but it rebooted, came back up and started booting again and then the screen went black and now it's totally unresponsive. :/

EDIT: I just held the power button down again and it came back on so it must have eventually shut itself off. Dunno what caused the issue though.

raul16

I had this exact same problem... Then the device bricked.

Flashed stock US unlocked Oreo firmware zip, flashed latest TWRP, wiped all partitions, installed Lineage and Gapps core, rebooted, configured, went to reboot to install Magisk and it ignored my holding the volume down button and it started to boot into Lineage again. Was going to let it finish and use adb but it rebooted, came back up and started booting again and then the screen went black and now it's totally unresponsive. :/

EDIT: I just held the power button down again and it came back on so it must have eventually shut itself off. Dunno what caused the issue though.
you could configure extended power menu that will allow you to easily boot into system/recovery/bootloader without using vol- && pwr.
when came from stock Oreo (or any other rom) you must format /data partition to avoid boot loop. wipe only caches.

EtherealRemnant

Sep 15, 2007
Denver, CO
you could configure extended power menu that will allow you to easily boot into system/recovery/bootloader without using vol- && pwr.
when came from stock Oreo (or any other rom) you must format /data partition to avoid boot loop. wipe only caches.
I did format /data. I don't know why but I've always had problems with Lineage on the 10 so I always stuck with Sense ROMs. I flashed Leedroid and that worked fine. Only wanted something I could run Network Signal Guru on since my Pixel 3 XL isn't supported and it works fine on Leedroid so I'll just leave it. Thanks for the response though.

Jupp Pütta

Jan 26, 2019
HTC One (M9)
HTC 10
in such a case (no dmesg and unusable pmsg) it means that there was no kernel panic nor a reboot request that cause the reboot but a power cycle (!)
reboot due to power cycle is usually indicating a power supply defect.
the new console file is created once you clean boot successfully.
you can clean-up /sys/fs/pstore/ directory now and next time it occurs sent me those new files. I am still on 21.14 (last dec build) and haven't experienced such reboots.
Had a reboot again and this time there are console, dmesg and pmsg files in the pstore folder. You find them attached.

Attachments

• pstore_2022-01-25.zip
    149.5 KB · Views: 3

Jupp Pütta

Jan 26, 2019
HTC One (M9)
HTC 10
based on logs attached the kernel panic is due to an app you're using CamScanner - free (tsig.camscanner) that seems to stack overflow; is it from app store or other sources ?
It is an app from the playstore. In this case I was indeed using this app, when the phone was shut down. However I don’t use it very often and was not allways using it, when the phone shut down.

.::Hamoon::.

Mar 5, 2013
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █
Haha.
For me, It was too tricky to install.
Once, I just formatted data using latest TWRP. And my device stuck in a bootloop.
For second time, I formatted using advanced menu (dalvik cache, cache . System .data)
It booted successfully, but I stuck in a password requested when booting!
For the third time, I formatted data & reset factory and rebooted my device.
Finally, it worked.
great job bro

Reactions: raul16

siuishere

Sep 30, 2012
Hello @raul16

Can you explain me how to get the logs to the following problem: coming from lastest Leedroid or a clean Oreo, after lastest LOS update, no network signal nor sim card is detected. I tried to apply a solution that works before (fastboot erase persist), but it didnt work.

raul16

Hello @raul16

Can you explain me how to get the logs to the following problem: coming from lastest Leedroid or a clean Oreo, after lastest LOS update, no network signal nor sim card is detected. I tried to apply a solution that works before (fastboot erase persist), but it didnt work.
you should try to get the radio log:
adb logcat -b radio -v time -d > logcat_radio.log

raul16

from your logcat (no radio) you get: Fatal error on the modem. / modem subsystem failure reason: htc_ssd_task.c:348:[htc_ssd]:[HTC]htc_smem_ram invalid value, htc_smem_ram->ht.

check if (after you flash and boot + configure OK stock OREO) your htc10 have cellular OK. then clean flash and boot Jan 2021 version of LOS18.1 from AFH and check the same.
if that version have cellular OK, your model of htc10 does not support the upgraded radio driver (done in March).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Is there a reason I can't use OpenGApps from their website? https://opengapps.org/

Or are the other GApps mentioned in the first post the same?

-edit- I've been out of the loop for a while, so pardon my stupid question, but can I upgrade from Lineage 14 (my device is on 14.1) or do I still have to go back to stock? Not sure what version is Oreo, might be I'm not yet set up right for an upgrade... Thanks!
    LineageOS recommends to use MTG for Android R/S. I prefer NikGapps core (minimal). You can try/use what version you like as long as it works OK.
    Lineage 14.1 = Nougat (android 7.1); you must flash latest Oreo stock HTC RUU for your model to get latest blobs for FW as required to boot ok on LOS 18.1 / 19.1
    LineageOS recommends to use MTG for Android R/S. I prefer NikGapps core (minimal). You can try/use what version you like as long as it works OK.
    Lineage 14.1 = Nougat (android 7.1); you must flash latest Oreo stock HTC RUU for your model to get latest blobs for FW as required to boot ok on LOS 18.1 / 19.1
    This 'latest Oreo stock HTC RUU' is that a .zip that I should flash before I install the rom?

-edit- I just see you also have a 19.1 ROM, awesome, I'll try that one after I get this Oreo thing fixed.

-edit2- I found a helpful video to help me understand this RUU

And I found this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/stock-guides-and-stock-backups-recovery-ota-ruu.3359297/ with files. Still working on it.

-edit3- My first try didn't work. The updater complained about the wrong OS? I guess that's because I'm running TWRP and Lineage 14.1. Putting back the stock stuff (recovery and rom) through fastboot?

-edit4- My version is 2.41.401.4, do I need to match up more than the 401?

-edit5- Found a matching version 2.41.401.41, only 41 instead of 4. We'll see if that's a problem, it's installing now. https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634797504

[...]

It's booting, looks like it brought the device back to stock, no more red text telling me it's tampered with. Taking it's time though...

[...]

And it booted. Looks stock, I'll see what step I'm at now.

-edit6- Alright. This stock thing gave me an OTA update, 3.16.401.2. I am going to let it do it's thing and then I guess I should be ready for 18.1/19.1.

-edit7- Of course I need Fastboot drivers because windows is a POS. Think I need to fire up the Linux...

-edit8- Switched to a Linux box, flashed twrp through Fastboot, flashed 19.1, got encryption message... Go back to recovery, wipe data/system/cache/..., flashed 19.1 again... BINGO!

Thanks!

P.S. I think the phone just died. After making a full backup with TWRP the thing doesn't respond anymore. Not even holding the power button for a minute. Looks almost like a hardware failure... That would be very coincidental... I might try some more later, but for now I'm a bit tired of dealing with it.

P.S.2 Held down the power button and the volume down button for what felt like an hour and it came back to life. I have no idea what happened here, not really a problem because it's just a device for playing with roms.
    This 'latest Oreo stock HTC RUU' is that a .zip that I should flash before I install the rom?

-edit- I just see you also have a 19.1 ROM, awesome, I'll try that one after I get this Oreo thing fixed.

-edit2- I found a helpful video to help me understand this RUU

And I found this thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/stock-guides-and-stock-backups-recovery-ota-ruu.3359297/ with files. Still working on it.

-edit3- My first try didn't work. The updater complained about the wrong OS? I guess that's because I'm running TWRP and Lineage 14.1. Putting back the stock stuff (recovery and rom) through fastboot?

-edit4- My version is 2.41.401.4, do I need to match up more than the 401?

-edit5- Found a matching version 2.41.401.41, only 41 instead of 4. We'll see if that's a problem, it's installing now. https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=817550096634797504

[...]

It's booting, looks like it brought the device back to stock, no more red text telling me it's tampered with. Taking it's time though...

[...]

And it booted. Looks stock, I'll see what step I'm at now.

-edit6- Alright. This stock thing gave me an OTA update, 3.16.401.2. I am going to let it do it's thing and then I guess I should be ready for 18.1/19.1.

-edit7- Of course I need Fastboot drivers because windows is a POS. Think I need to fire up the Linux...

-edit8- Switched to a Linux box, flashed twrp through Fastboot, flashed 19.1, got encryption message... Go back to recovery, wipe data/system/cache/..., flashed 19.1 again... BINGO!

Thanks!

P.S. I think the phone just died. After making a full backup with TWRP the thing doesn't respond anymore. Not even holding the power button for a minute. Looks almost like a hardware failure... That would be very coincidental... I might try some more later, but for now I'm a bit tired of dealing with it.

P.S.2 Held down the power button and the volume down button for what felt like an hour and it came back to life. I have no idea what happened here, not really a problem because it's just a device for playing with roms.
    The 19.1 is not all that stable for now but meeehn is so smooth.. I am hoping a much stable version will show up soon... I have backup of but 18 and 19 and switch to and fro
    being on LOS 18.1 should use the R (11) version of GApps.
    I'm currently using NikGapps-core-arm64-11-20220421-signed.zip w/o any issues.
    Oops! I follow both the 18.1 and 19.1 threads and mistook which one I was on. 😳
    new build available lineage-18.1-20220507-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

May 2022 Security patch
    header_htc_10_xda.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on AOSP with contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. If needed you can install any GApps package available for R.
    LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    The source code for LineageOS is available at Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit Gerrit Code Review. LineageOS changelog is whatever was merged into Gerrit.

Instructions:
    1. make a FULL backup first from your actual system.
    2. before installing make sure you are running the latest stock Oreo from the latest HTC Sense.
    3. install as recovery the latest TWRP recovery 3.5.0_9-0 ( thanks @Captain_Throwback )
    4. if you are encrypted, - coming from stock Oreo - take a full backup of all your data, boot into TWRP and format data (the option which requires you to type "yes") and clean flash accordingly.
      This is due to encryption changes. Do not skip this step or you will be locked out of your system by a password prompt.
    5. after format /data you must reboot to recovery to be able to copy needed files to flash on /sdcard
    6. download the latest ROM zip and GApps (optional - if needed) from the downloads section below
    7. wipe system, cache, and data if coming from another AOSP based rom
    8. flash ROM zip in TWRP, add install more zip's and flash also GApps (optional), thus you get best integration of vanilla LOS with GApps;
    9. reboot to system and make initial settings & configurations; also check and configure your apps permissions;
      Note: don't enable option Lineage recovery during setup as you will lose TWRP (overwrite by LOS Recovery app) and you need to reinstall it again!
    10. optional: flash the latest Magisk and reboot to system to setup Magisk app [wait for it to load]
    Enjoy ;) latest LOS 18.1 [Android 11] on your HTC 10.

Downloads:
    Known Issues:
    1. IMS - VOLTE
    2. SlowMo
    3. SeLinux permissive

Reporting bugs:
    Bug reports without a proper description of the issue and a logcat will be ignored!

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • TWRP Team
    • Magisk Team
    • Fagyi & all HTC 10 contributors

Special thanks:
    @fagyi

Source code:

LineageOS Gerrit Review
    LineageOS source
    Device source

XDA: DevDB Information
    [ROM] [11.0] [PME] LineageOS 18.1 [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors:

raul16

Donations
    donations are not mandatory but very welcomed
    If you like my work and want to support development or buy me a coffee PayPal Donate

ROM OS Version: Android 11_r43
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
    ROM Firmware Required: OREO
    Based On: LineageOS 18.1

Version Information
    Stable

Created on 2020-12-12
    Last Updated 2022-05-07

Screeshots:
    Screenshot_20210117-120922_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210117-121007_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210117-121550_Magisk_Manager.pngScreenshot_20210117-122433_SafetyNet_Test.pngScreenshot_20210117-122533_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210117-123005_Trebuchet.png
    ----------------------------------------------------
    2022-05-07
    May 2022 Security patch

los: Bump Security String to 2022-05-05
    los: changelog here

2022-04-16
    April 2022 Security patch

los: Bump Security String to 2022-04-05
    pme: enable ZRAM
    pme: update Adreno OpenGL drivers to version V0490.0
    pme: update vulkan drivers to version 1.1.128
    new: SafetyNet pass

2022-03-12
    March 2022 Security patch

los: Bump Security String to 2022-03-05 [R_asb_2022-03] [build RQ3A.211001.001]
    pme: Remove dead SmartCard Service package
    pme: update gestures to Device Settings
    fix: vulkan drivers [now loading OK]
    pme: disable kernel LMK

2022-02-13
    February 2022 Security patch

los: Bump Security String to 2022-02-05 [R_asb_2022-02] [build RQ3A.211001.001]
    new: allow clock auto-hide
    fix: drop "BACKPORT:radio driver from Google wahoo" that breaks cellular network for some
    pme: kernel code cleanup + config changes

2022-01-20
    January 2022 Security patch

los: Bump Security String to 2022-01-05 [build RQ3A.211001.001]

2021-12-14
    December 2021 Security patch

los: Bump Security String to 2021-12-05 [build RQ3A.211001.001]
    pme: update GPS to LA.UM.8.6.r1-02600-89xx.0

2021-11-07
    November 2021 Security patch
    los: Bump Security String to 2021-11-05 [build RQ3A.211001.001]
    pme: device code cleanup

2021-10-14
    October 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r43 to r46 build RQ3A.211001.001
    pme: code upstream, backport + optimizations
    pme: kernel charging, scheduling while atomic bug

2021-09-12
    September 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r40 to r43 build RQ3A.210905.001
    pme: device sensors, init code fixes & optimizations
    pme: kernel BFQ I/O scheduler & other code fixes

2021-08-14
    August 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r39 to r40 build RQ3A.210805.001.A1
    pme: device & kernel code fixes & optimizations
    pme: update blobs for media/display/graphics

2021-07-12
    July 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r38 to r39 build RQ3A.210705.001
    pme: device & kernel code fixes & optimizations

2021-06-22
    Fix - encryption support enabled for /data partition
    Fix - speaker sound
    New - included LOS 18.1 changes from 16.06 to 22.06.2021 (inclusive)

2021-06-16
    June 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r37 to r38 build RQ3A.210605.005
    pme: compile kernel with gcc
    pme: various device code fixes

2021-05-16
    May 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade from A11_r34 to A11_r37 RQ2A.210505.003
    pme: compile kernel with gcc

2021-04-30
    April 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade from A11_r32 to A11_r34 RQ2A.210405.005
    pme: compile kernel with gcc [gcc version 4.9.x (prerelease)]
    pme: kernel optimizations
    pme: various code fixes from CAF & mentainers

2021-04-05
    March 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade from A11_r29 to A11_r32 RQ2A.210305.006
    pme: compile kernel with clang-11
    pme: treewide fix use of uninitialized variable
    pme: various code fixes from CAF & mentainers
    pme: BACKPORT radio driver from Google wahoo
    pme: UPSTREAM kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF
    pme: BACKPORT kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF

2021-02-09
    February 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade from A11_r27 to A11_r29 RQ1A.210204.004
    pme: merge CAF tag LA.UM.8.6.r1-05300-89xx.0
    pme: updated info security patches applied
    pme: UPSTREAM kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF
    pme: BACKPORT kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF

2021-01-15
    January 2021 Security patch
    pme: touch: Improve logging output
    pme: touch: Fix code style issues
    pme: Use CodeAurora ImsService implementation for RCS
    pme: Add AOSP RCS packages
    pme: Remove dead RCS packages
    pme: manifest: Remove Trust interface entry
    pme: Deduplicate handheld_core_hardware.xml copy rule
    pme: Inherit from AOSP product makefiles in the common tree
    pme: Remove [email protected]
    pme: Migrate to Health 2.1 HAL
    pme: Replace [email protected] with audio.service
    pme: Enforce vintf manifest override
    pme: Move supplicant service init to wpa_supplicant

2020-12-12
    December 2020 Security patch
    Initial beta release LOS 18.1 for HTC U10
    new build available lineage-18.1-20211214-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
    December 2021 Security patch
    los: Bump Security String to 2021-12-05 [build RQ3A.211001.001]
    pme: update GPS to LA.UM.8.6.r1-02600-89xx.0
    new build available lineage-18.1-20220416-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

April 2022 Security patch
    los: Bump Security String to 2022-04-05
    pme: enable ZRAM
    pme: update Adreno OpenGL drivers to version V0490.0
    pme: update vulkan drivers to version 1.1.128
    new: SafetyNet pass
    new build available lineage-18.1-20210622-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
    Fix - encryption support enabled for /data partition
    Fix - speaker sound
    New - included LOS 18.1 changes from 16.06 to 22.06.2021 (inclusive)