[ROM] [11.0] [PME] LineageOS 18.1 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

raul16

• Sep 24, 2020
    Bucharest
    Yeah, previous versions worked. With fagyi's version too, mobile network disappeared once he started working on a new kernel. Sure, I'd post logs, once I'm home. Had to flash an A10 rom as I use it as my daily driver for now
    if it worked (radio wise) with version 210405 then should work as well with last one 210430.
    RIL changes (that might break Sprint) were done prior 210405 version as new radio driver kanged from Google Wahoo

Digiboog

Mar 18, 2016
    Abuja
    LG Nexus 5X
    HTC 10
    if it worked (radio wise) with version 210405 then should work as well with last one 210430.
    RIL changes (that might break Sprint) were done prior 210405 version as new radio driver kanged from Google Wahoo

Exactly, whenever I flashed the old kernel, brought back my network but was quiite buggy. Using my phone as a daily driver for now, so can't really get u logs, but hopefully by weekend, I'd post them

destroymp

Feb 16, 2020
    Moscow
    vk.com
    Hi there! Have issues with GPS location on Google Maps, used to find my place easily on previous ROM, and get to the wanted location easily without paying for Mobile internet (setting the Way at home Wi-Fi), But now clicking on find me nothing happens, i Even removed Magisk and root access, still the same, may be there is some easy way to fix it i dont know about? Thanks in advance! For now im going to get to the place by memory and old times GPS methods like moss on the north side of the trees! =)

raul16

• Sep 24, 2020
    Bucharest
    Hi there! Have issues with GPS location on Google Maps, used to find my place easily on previous ROM, and get to the wanted location easily without paying for Mobile internet (setting the Way at home Wi-Fi), But now clicking on find me nothing happens, i Even removed Magisk and root access, still the same, may be there is some easy way to fix it i dont know about? Thanks in advance! For now im going to get to the place by memory and old times GPS methods like moss on the north side of the trees! =)
    i just (re)tested GPS and it works just fine. screenshot from gps test app. on wifi. should check if all permissions for location are granted.

Screenshot_20210531-152636_GPS_Test.png

Last edited:

shadabkiani

Mar 2, 2018
    Pakistan
    I was having the same issue. I flashed NikGapps' Basic version, and as you know, it doesn't include Maps with it. So I installed Maps from Play Store, and same issue. Location could not be found.

Then I found the fix. Uninstall the Maps app you downloaded from PlayStore. Instead, flash the NikGapps's Addon package for Maps. Below is the link for Addons for Android R. Browse and download the lastest addon package for Maps, and flash it in recovery.

Note: Make sure you download Maps package; not MapsGo. It should be around 40MBs. You can then update the app from PlayStore.

Reactions: raul16

mfuerni

Feb 5, 2010
    Thanks for keeping HTC 10 alive!

Unfortunately, recent builds result in a boot loop on my device with encryption enabled.
    It works flawlessly with build 20210209, but all newer builds do not work.

I did the following with all three builds (20210405, 20210430, 20210516):
    1. Full wipe in TWRP (using advanced wipe and selecting Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Cache, Data, Internal Storage)
    2. Format data in TWRP
    3. Install LineageOS image in TWRP
    4. Reboot to system and do initial setup (connecting WiFi, setup PIN)
    5. Reboot
    6. Enable encryption, device reboots and works.
    7. Reboot device. It asks for decryption PIN. After entering PIN, it hangs in boot loop.
    Using build 20210209, everything works. Let me know if you need additional information and how to provide that.

Decrypting data partition in TWRP works on all builds, even after doing a reset during boot loop.

raul16

• Sep 24, 2020
    Bucharest

Unfortunately, recent builds result in a boot loop on my device with encryption enabled.

1. Full wipe in TWRP (using advanced wipe and selecting Dalvik/ART Cache, System, Cache, Data, Internal Storage)
    2. Format data in TWRP
    5. Reboot
    7. Reboot device. It asks for decryption PIN. After entering PIN, it hangs in boot loop.
    Using build 20210209, everything works. Let me know if you need additional information and how to provide that.

Decrypting data partition in TWRP works on all builds, even after doing a reset during boot loop.
    thanks'

will look into user data encryption. until fix do not enable /use it .

Reactions: mfuerni

shadabkiani

Mar 2, 2018
    Pakistan
    I have found a workaround fix for incorrect battery indicator. It needs root though.

BASIC:
    When you plug in your charger, you will notice that for some time (like 2 or 3 minutes maybe), the battery indicator displays correctly, the % goes up a few points. Then it gets stuck there (however the battery is still charging). Now if you remove the charger, and then connect again, the same happens; battery % goes up, then gets stuck again after a few minutes.

SOLUTION:
    With the help of AccA, we will disable charging at regular intervals. AccA is a frontend app for Acc module (Advanced Charging Controller). Don't worry, the app will install the module automatically. Download the latest app version from the following link:

Install. Run. Grant root permissions. The app will automatically install ACC module. It should now display "ACC Daemon is running".

Click the gear icon (or better create a Profile) and do the settings as follows:

• Charging switch: battery/charger_control 1 0 (our HTC only supports this)
    • Disable 'Automatically cycle through switches'
    • Enable Cooldown Cycle
    • Start cooling down at %%: 0 (This will keep this setting on at all times)
    • Charge seconds: 50
    • Pause seconds: 10
    As you have guessed now, this will make the phone charge for 50 seconds and then pause charging for 10 seconds, so on. You can keep any ratio like 45/15 or 45/10 or 40/5 or 30/20 whatever. I like 50/10 because it doesn't affect charging speed.

The other charging settings under Capacity Control (section at top) are simple to understand. You can set "Stop charging at: 100" if you wanna charge your phone to the full (I keep it 70% because its good for battery as suggested by ACC developers)

Save the settings and try charging. Hopefully your wrong battery indicator will be fixed now.

P.S. Create Profiles for different settings and try yourself. Just make sure to select charging switch "battery/charger_control 1 0" because only this works on HTC 10.

Reactions: raul16

Jupp Pütta

Jan 26, 2019
    Is there a similar effect the other way around? I was surprised that the battery % seemed not really go down for quite some while.
    But generally the build runs very smoothly on my phone. Thanks @raul16 for keeping HTC 10 alive.

shadabkiani

Mar 2, 2018
    Pakistan
    Is there a similar effect the other way around? I was surprised that the battery % seemed not really go down for quite some while.
    But generally the build runs very smoothly on my phone. Thanks @raul16 for keeping HTC 10 alive.
    The batery indicator bug in this ROM is this. Lets say your battery is at 15% and you plug in the charger. For a few minutes, the % will show correct increase. Lets say it gets to 18%. Then it will be stuck there, won't increase furthur. However, the battery will keep charging in the background if you keep the charger plugged in. If after some time you remove the charger, your baterry will actually be charged, but batery % would be stuck at 18%. You keep using your phone for some time and it will still show 18%, until the actual charge reaches down to 18%. Its just the bug that battery % doesn't go up after a few points while charging. If you reboot, however, the actual % will show then. But the workaround for this is posted above.

Reactions: Jupp Pütta

Jupp Pütta

Jan 26, 2019
    The batery indicator bug in this ROM is this. Lets say your battery is at 15% and you plug in the charger. For a few minutes, the % will show correct increase. Lets say it gets to 18%. Then it will be stuck there, won't increase furthur. However, the battery will keep charging in the background if you keep the charger plugged in. If after some time you remove the charger, your baterry will actually be charged, but batery % would be stuck at 18%. You keep using your phone for some time and it will still show 18%, until the actual charge reaches down to 18%. Its just the bug that battery % doesn't go up after a few points while charging. If you reboot, however, the actual % will show then. But the workaround for this is posted above.
    Thanks for clarifying. I wrongly assumed I started with the correct % and then wondered, that it didn’t go down. Makes better sense if the shown % are below the actual charging to begin with.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      new build available lineage-18.1-20210516-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
      May 5 2021 Security patch
      upgrade from A11_r34 to A11_r37 [build RQ2A.210505.003]
      Works perfectly! It's so charmful to have a possibility to install Android 11 on my phone!
      I was having the same issue. I flashed NikGapps' Basic version, and as you know, it doesn't include Maps with it. So I installed Maps from Play Store, and same issue. Location could not be found.

Then I found the fix. Uninstall the Maps app you downloaded from PlayStore. Instead, flash the NikGapps's Addon package for Maps. Below is the link for Addons for Android R. Browse and download the lastest addon package for Maps, and flash it in recovery.

Note: Make sure you download Maps package; not MapsGo. It should be around 40MBs. You can then update the app from PlayStore.

2. Format data in TWRP
      5. Reboot

thanks'

will look into user data encryption. until fix do not enable /use it .
      I have found a workaround fix for incorrect battery indicator. It needs root though.

BASIC:
      When you plug in your charger, you will notice that for some time (like 2 or 3 minutes maybe), the battery indicator displays correctly, the % goes up a few points. Then it gets stuck there (however the battery is still charging). Now if you remove the charger, and then connect again, the same happens; battery % goes up, then gets stuck again after a few minutes.

SOLUTION:
      With the help of AccA, we will disable charging at regular intervals. AccA is a frontend app for Acc module (Advanced Charging Controller). Don't worry, the app will install the module automatically. Download the latest app version from the following link:

Install. Run. Grant root permissions. The app will automatically install ACC module. It should now display "ACC Daemon is running".

Click the gear icon (or better create a Profile) and do the settings as follows:

• Charging switch: battery/charger_control 1 0 (our HTC only supports this)
      • Disable 'Automatically cycle through switches'
      • Enable Cooldown Cycle
      • Start cooling down at %%: 0 (This will keep this setting on at all times)
      • Charge seconds: 50
      • Pause seconds: 10
      As you have guessed now, this will make the phone charge for 50 seconds and then pause charging for 10 seconds, so on. You can keep any ratio like 45/15 or 45/10 or 40/5 or 30/20 whatever. I like 50/10 because it doesn't affect charging speed.

The other charging settings under Capacity Control (section at top) are simple to understand. You can set "Stop charging at: 100" if you wanna charge your phone to the full (I keep it 70% because its good for battery as suggested by ACC developers)

Save the settings and try charging. Hopefully your wrong battery indicator will be fixed now.

P.S. Create Profiles for different settings and try yourself. Just make sure to select charging switch "battery/charger_control 1 0" because only this works on HTC 10.
      header_htc_10_xda.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Disclaimer:
      Code:
      #include <std_disclaimer.h>
      /*
      * Your warranty is now void.
      * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
      * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
      * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
      * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
      * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
      */

LineageOS is based on AOSP with contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. If needed you can install any GApps package available for R.
      LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
      The source code for LineageOS is available at Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit Gerrit Code Review. LineageOS changelog is whatever was merged into Gerrit.

Instructions:
      1. make a FULL backup first from your actual system.
      2. before installing make sure you are running the latest stock Oreo from the latest HTC Sense.
      3. install as recovery the latest TWRP recovery 3.5.0_9-0 ( thanks @Captain_Throwback )
      4. if you are encrypted, - coming from stock Oreo - take a full backup of all your data, boot into TWRP and format data (the option which requires you to type "yes") and clean flash accordingly.
        This is due to encryption changes. Do not skip this step or you will be locked out of your system by a password prompt.
      5. after format /data you must reboot to recovery to be able to copy needed files to flash on /sdcard
      6. download the latest ROM zip from the downloads section below
      7. wipe system, cache, and data if coming from another AOSP based rom
      8. flash ROM zip in TWRP, reboot to system and make initial settings. don't enable option Lineage recovery during setup as you will lose TWRP and you need to reinstall it again!
      9. flash the latest Magisk (optional) and reboot to system to system to setup Magisk app [wait for it to load]
      10. if you want / need Google apps boot to recovery [you can use extended power menu - set it in developer options] and flash GApps of your choice (optional)
      11. reboot to system and configure your apps permissions
      Enjoy ;) latest LOS 18.1 [Android 11] on your HTC 10.

Downloads:
      Known Issues:
      1. IMS - VOLTE
      2. SlowMo
      3. SeLinux permissive

Reporting bugs:
      Bug reports without a proper description of the issue and a logcat will be ignored!

Credits:
      • LineageOS Team & Contributors
      • Code Aurora Forum
      • TWRP Team
      • Magisk Team
      • Fagyi & all HTC 10 contributors

Special thanks:
      @fagyi

Source code:

LineageOS Gerrit Review
      LineageOS source
      Kernel source
      Device source
      Vendor source

XDA: DevDB Information
      [ROM] [11.0] [PME] LineageOS 18.1 [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors:

raul16

Donations
      donations are not mandatory but very welcomed
      If you like my work and want to support development or buy me a coffee PayPal Donate

ROM OS Version: Android 11_r37
      ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
      ROM Firmware Required: OREO
      Based On: LineageOS 18.1

Version Information
      Stable

Created on 2020-12-12
      Last Updated 2021-05-16

Screeshots:
      Screenshot_20210117-120922_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210117-121007_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210117-121550_Magisk_Manager.pngScreenshot_20210117-122433_SafetyNet_Test.pngScreenshot_20210117-122533_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210117-123005_Trebuchet.png
      ----------------------------------------------------
      2021-05-16
      May 2021 Security patch

los: upgrade from A11_r34 to A11_r37 RQ2A.210505.003
      los: changelog here
      pme: compile kernel with gcc
      2021-04-30
      April 2021 Security patch

los: upgrade from A11_r32 to A11_r34 RQ2A.210405.005
      pme: compile kernel with gcc [gcc version 4.9.x (prerelease)]
      pme: kernel optimizations
      pme: various code fixes from CAF & mentainers
      2021-04-05
      March 2021 Security patch

los: upgrade from A11_r29 to A11_r32 RQ2A.210305.006
      pme: compile kernel with clang-11
      pme: treewide fix use of uninitialized variable
      pme: various code fixes from CAF & mentainers
      pme: BACKPORT radio driver from Google wahoo
      pme: UPSTREAM kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF
      pme: BACKPORT kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF
      2021-02-09
      February 2021 Security patch

los: upgrade from A11_r27 to A11_r29 RQ1A.210204.004
      pme: merge CAF tag LA.UM.8.6.r1-05300-89xx.0
      pme: updated info security patches applied
      pme: UPSTREAM kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF
      pme: BACKPORT kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF
      2021-01-15
      January 2021 Security patch

pme: touch: Improve logging output
      pme: touch: Fix code style issues
      pme: Use CodeAurora ImsService implementation for RCS
      pme: Add AOSP RCS packages
      pme: Remove dead RCS packages
      pme: manifest: Remove Trust interface entry
      pme: Deduplicate handheld_core_hardware.xml copy rule
      pme: Inherit from AOSP product makefiles in the common tree
      pme: Remove [email protected]
      pme: Migrate to Health 2.1 HAL
      pme: Replace [email protected] with audio.service
      pme: Enforce vintf manifest override
      pme: Move supplicant service init to wpa_supplicant
      2020-12-12
      December 2020 Security patch
      Initial beta release LOS 18.1 for HTC U10
      new build available lineage-18.1-20210516-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
      May 5 2021 Security patch
      upgrade from A11_r34 to A11_r37 [build RQ2A.210505.003]
      new update available: lineage-18.1-20210430-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip with improved battery performance.
      for links & changelog see posts #1 & #2; update via recovery;

important notice for update from my previous version:
      if Magisk is installed first must uninstall Magisk and only after uninstall complete should flash the new rom update ! no need to uninstall NikGapps;
      do wipe cache / dalvik then boot to system to complete the upgrade;

this update upgrades Android 11 from r32 to r34 (!) so first boot will take longer.
      reinstall Magisk via recovery (+ modules used if any) if needed.

Enjoy ;) !
      Is this build the same as the ones in the other thread made by @fagyi
      I'm a bit confused. Is this the continuation of that thread or is this something else
      no. these are my builds that i share for anyone to use if want/ like ;)
      all details are in post #1 & #2
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone