• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM] [11.0] [PME] LineageOS 18.1 [UNOFFICIAL]

Search This thread

shadabkiani

Mar 2, 2018
Pakistan
HTC 10
HI , Shadbkiani,

Thankyou so much for your update.

View attachment 5369601
Here is the info back,

Please let me know how to do next.

Thanks!
Hmm. Ok so your CID is HTC__621. Here is what you should do. Download this firmware file for Oreo (this is only firmware without complete Android OS but it will do the job since you wanna install custom ROM after this). It is 100MB and it will work on S-on device with SD card method (explained below) hopefully:

Once you have downloaded, rename the file exactly as 2PS6IMG.zip. Copy this file to SD card (don't put inside any folder). Put the SD card to phone. Boot the phone to download mode. It will automatically start flashing. Let me know how it goes.

poal888

Jul 22, 2021
Hmm. Ok so your CID is HTC__621. Here is what you should do. Download this firmware file for Oreo (this is only firmware without complete Android OS but it will do the job since you wanna install custom ROM after this). It is 100MB and it will work on S-on device with SD card method (explained below) hopefully:

Once you have downloaded, rename the file exactly as 2PS6IMG.zip. Copy this file to SD card (don't put inside any folder). Put the SD card to phone. Boot the phone to download mode. It will automatically start flashing. Let me know how it goes.
HI , Shadbkiani,

Thankyou so much !!

I will do it now,

shadabkiani

Mar 2, 2018
Pakistan
HTC 10
HI , Shadbkiani,

Thankyou so much !!

I will do it now,
You're welcome.

But please, don't make redundant posts about thanks and stuff like that. Try thre method, and if it works or not, then make a post. And if youwanna thank, you should like the post rather than making a new post. Otherwise, it creates a mess for readers with useless posts. Thank you for understanding. (y)

Reactions: raul16

poal888

Jul 22, 2021

HI,it works,it si so happy today :))
微信图片_20210722223718.jpg

And please let me know the next,
flash the TWRP first,then flash the pme, is it ok?
微信图片_20210724215943.jpg

shadabkiani

Mar 2, 2018
Pakistan
HTC 10
HI,it works,it si so happy today :))
View attachment 5369655
And please let me know the next,
flash the TWRP first,then flash the pme, is it ok?
View attachment 5369661
So glad to hear it worked.

Yes, that's right.
Flash latest TWRP. (I'm not sure what you mean by "flash pme". pme is nickname for our HTC 10 lol).
Then boot to TWRP. Go to Wipe, and Format Data (where you would have to type "yes" to confirm).
After formatting data, reboot TWRP once again. Then go to Wipe, perform factory data reset and format /cache /system /dalvik /data.
Now flash the ROM and Gapps.

(Note: I see that you havent downloaded Gapps. You only have Addon. I recommend downloading Basic version of NikGapps)

Choose the latest

P.S. If you wanna thank, hit the like button for the post.

Reactions: poal888

poal888

Jul 22, 2021
So glad to hear it worked.

Yes, that's right.
Flash latest TWRP. (I'm not sure what you mean by "flash pme". pme is nickname for our HTC 10 lol).
Then boot to TWRP. Go to Wipe, and Format Data (where you would have to type "yes" to confirm).
After formatting data, reboot TWRP once again. Then go to Wipe, perform factory data reset and format /cache /system /dalvik /data.
Now flash the ROM and Gapps.

(Note: I see that you havent downloaded Gapps. You only have Addon. I recommend downloading Basic version of NikGapps)

Choose the latest

P.S. If you wanna thank, hit the like button for the post.
HI,
Flash TWRP ok,but flash the ROM finish,it sitll keeping restart ,
微信图片_20210724231505.jpg
微信图片_20210724231458.jpg
微信图片_20210724231453.jpg

Which steps make mistake?
Please kindly try to help,thanks

UnwindingThree8

Jul 11, 2017
HTC One (M9)
HTC 10
@raul16 Can you reupload your latest build? For some reason i keep getting no mirrors to download from and the one time i do get a mirror it downloads at 10kbps and stops at 200MB of the total 600+ MB zip file. Maybe temporary on gdrive or whatever until android filehost has fixed its issues

shadabkiani

Mar 2, 2018
Pakistan
HTC 10
Yes,it is work!

View attachment 5370237

Thank you so much for the help!

Regards!
Glad to know this ROM is finally up and running.

Tell me the procedure. You installed the complete firmware (2 GB size). Then you flashed TWRP and flashed this ROM?

Also, can you please send your current download mode picture? In your previous pics, there was no CID in download mode, which was weird because it is supposed to show. I wanna see if it shows now.

goobener

May 14, 2015
HTC 10
Hello, I am using an HTC10 that was a Verizon phone, S-off bootloader locked and rooted. I converted it to an unbranded GSM phone. I was having trouble getting any rom's to flash besides this one (Lineage is what I wanted anyways)

So your rom is up and running with twrp 3.5.2_9-0 as recovery. The issue I'm having is connecting to cell service, message says "network not available". I am using Redpocket as a carrier. Their tech support shows a good signal with the sim card but I have no signal at the phone. Could it be something within the Rom that's not connecting?

Here's getvar if it helps.

(bootloader) kernel: lk
(bootloader) product: htc_pmewl
(bootloader) version: 1.0
(bootloader) max-download-size: 1578400000
(bootloader) serialno: xx
(bootloader) slot-count: 0
(bootloader) current-slot:
(bootloader) imei: xx
(bootloader) version-main: 3.18.605.13
(bootloader) boot-mode: download
(bootloader) version-baseband: [email protected]
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.0.0.0000
(bootloader) mid: 2PS620000
(bootloader) cid: 22222222
all:
finished. total time: 0.003s
htc_fastboot finished. total time: 0.216s

I appreciate any help.

Kenny

Last edited:

raul16

Hello, I am using an HTC10 that was a Verizon phone, S-off bootloader locked and rooted. I converted it to an unbranded GSM phone. I was having trouble getting any rom's to flash besides this one (Lineage is what I wanted anyways)

So your rom is up and running with twrp 3.5.2_9-0 as recovery. The issue I'm having is connecting to cell service, message says "network not available". I am using Redpocket as a carrier. Their tech support shows a good signal with the sim card but I have no signal at the phone. Could it be something within the Rom that's not connecting?

Here's getvar if it helps.

(bootloader) kernel: lk
(bootloader) product: htc_pmewl
(bootloader) version: 1.0
(bootloader) max-download-size: 1578400000
(bootloader) serialno: xx
(bootloader) slot-count: 0
(bootloader) current-slot:
(bootloader) imei: xx
(bootloader) version-main: 3.18.605.13
(bootloader) boot-mode: download
(bootloader) version-baseband: [email protected]
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.0.0.0000
(bootloader) mid: 2PS620000
(bootloader) cid: 22222222
all:
finished. total time: 0.003s
htc_fastboot finished. total time: 0.216s

I appreciate any help.

Kenny
Hi, the problem is with your current radio [ version-baseband: [email protected] ] that seems not to work with Red Pocket carrier.
one solution is to try and find an official OREO HTC RUU for your region [ check this thread to recover HTC 10 to stock here - look for unbranded US versions ] and flash it.
boot to OREO and check if you have radio signal. if all good you can try this LOS18.1

another thing you can try is to check the radio logcat [the log output of your System / BB / RIL communication - need PC]: adb logcat -b radio -v time -d > logcat_radio.log

goobener

May 14, 2015
HTC 10
Hi, the problem is with your current radio [ version-baseband: [email protected] ] that seems not to work with Red Pocket carrier.
one solution is to try and find an official OREO HTC RUU for your region [ check this thread to recover HTC 10 to stock here - look for unbranded US versions ] and flash it.
boot to OREO and check if you have radio signal. if all good you can try this LOS18.1

another thing you can try is to check the radio logcat [the log output of your System / BB / RIL communication - need PC]: adb logcat -b radio -v time -d > logcat_radio.log
Thank you for your help. That very well could be the issue. There used to be a bunch of radio files that could be flashed. Wonder if they do that any more? I haven't done this in so long....having to re-train. Thanks again for your help.

Reactions: raul16

shadabkiani

Mar 2, 2018
Pakistan
HTC 10
Was there a link to Los18.1? I've only found the one I flashed from this thread.
Always download the ROM from this link. The latest build will always be at the bottom (it is sorted):

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    new build available lineage-18.1-20211014-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
    October 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r43 to r46 build RQ3A.211001.001
    pme: code upstream, backport + optimizations
    pme: kernel charging, scheduling while atomic bug
    Thanks for the welcome.
    If I were to do this process again, 30 minutes sounds about right.

I have a few questions I hope someone can help me with.

#SDCard Corruption
    1. For some reason, my 64gb memory card corrupted. I reformatted it and it seems ok.
    Q1: Is corruptions of SDCards normal?

#Upgrading to a newer LineageOS - easiest method?
    2. If I upgrade LineageOS, I assume I download the new ROM, erase the partition and re-install LineageOS. Is that right? LineageOS also asks for the backup (to restore) when it's first installed. Is that a SeedVault backup?
    Q2: What's the best way to restore my data if I upgrade LineageOS?

#"Free Up Space" when I have 32gb (Internal) and 60gb (External)
    I managed to install Brave Browser using Play Store. There was an update and when I tried to update, LineageOS said "Free Up Space" (despite having many gigabytes of free space) I uninstalled Brave and tried to re-install Brave. Play Store still said "Free Up Space". Brave was installed in Internal Memory.
    Q3: Does anyone have any suggestions on what's happening here?

#What is Magisk?
    I read the description of magisk. It talks about rooting the phone. Can someone explain in simpler terms what this tool actually does (ie. If it's not installed, I can't do XXX ... or If it is installed, you can now do XXX). I vendor unlocked my phone. I could install TWRP and LineageOS ... so in theory, I should have full control of the phone... right?
    Q: Do I need Magisk?

Thank you for any help anyone can give me. Q3 is probably my biggest problem right now (ie. I can't install any additional apps). I am very comfortable wiping everything and starting again ... but if that's the suggestion, then the answer to Q2 would be appreciated.

GKW
    1. when initially install LOS 18.1 from any other ROM (stock or custom) it is required to format /data in TWRP. if your SDCard was setup as external you should format that too to avoid issues (like encryption);
    2. within same version (aka LOS 18.1) dirty flash of the update will do just fine. GApps should survive (backup and restore via addon.d scripts). Magisk modules must be removed (via .app) and Magisk unistall (in TWRP only) before flash to avoid bootloops; after flash of the update need to wipe cache & dalvik then reboot to system.
    3. check what freespace you have on your internal memory as seems to be full (no space); move (what you can - like pictures. music, movies, games) from internal to external (removable) memory or as an option integrate your external memory into internal memory ...
    4. Magisk is a very useful app if you need to install modules that add to system functionality (not available as is in LOS 18.1 /system) usually called mods;
    or you need to pass Google CTS for using banking / netflix apps. LOS18.1 does not alter build fingerprint nor hide open bootloader which fail to pass basic CTS (!); magisk hide solve that ;)
    or you need to have root access for some special apps that require it to enable extra functionalities (that are useful to you);
    Thanks for the reply. Is it just uninstalling the apk? Assuming it is, do I need to flash the zip again after re-installing the apk? Or is there something else I need to do to get rid of the zip install?
    No. you do not need to uninstall the apk.
    in recovery mode, before flashing the new version, uninstall only the magisk.zip (rename the magisk*.zip to uninstall.zip and install it), before that you should uninstall all modules you have installed.
    after you install rom and boot OK you can just reinstall magisk.zip via TWRP. the apk will survive and see magisk OK so you can reinstall your modules again (if needed)
    No. you do not need to uninstall the apk.
    in recovery mode, before flashing the new version, uninstall only the magisk.zip (rename the magisk*.zip to uninstall.zip and install it), before that you should uninstall all modules you have installed.
    after you install rom and boot OK you can just reinstall magisk.zip via TWRP. the apk will survive and see magisk OK so you can reinstall your modules again (if needed)
    Much appreciated! Thans for the detail.
    Only android 8.0?
    My HTC 10 is 7.0 now : (
    you must upgrade it to Oreo [android 8] first. check for updates maybe you can still find the HTC servers up and able to upgrade officially !
    if not, check the HTC 10 thread(s) where you should find required htc Oreo RUU for your specific CID & MID.
    don't forget to do first a full backup of your system + data.
    header_htc_10_xda.png

LineageOS 18.1 is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 11 (R), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Disclaimer:
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

LineageOS is based on AOSP with contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. If needed you can install any GApps package available for R.
    LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
    The source code for LineageOS is available at Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to Lineage OS, please visit Gerrit Code Review. LineageOS changelog is whatever was merged into Gerrit.

Instructions:
    1. make a FULL backup first from your actual system.
    2. before installing make sure you are running the latest stock Oreo from the latest HTC Sense.
    3. install as recovery the latest TWRP recovery 3.5.0_9-0 ( thanks @Captain_Throwback )
    4. if you are encrypted, - coming from stock Oreo - take a full backup of all your data, boot into TWRP and format data (the option which requires you to type "yes") and clean flash accordingly.
      This is due to encryption changes. Do not skip this step or you will be locked out of your system by a password prompt.
    5. after format /data you must reboot to recovery to be able to copy needed files to flash on /sdcard
    6. download the latest ROM zip and GApps (optional - if needed) from the downloads section below
    7. wipe system, cache, and data if coming from another AOSP based rom
    8. flash ROM zip in TWRP, add install more zip's and flash also GApps (optional), thus you get best integration of vanilla LOS with GApps;
    9. reboot to system and make initial settings & configurations; also check and configure your apps permissions;
      Note: don't enable option Lineage recovery during setup as you will lose TWRP (overwrite by LOS Recovery app) and you need to reinstall it again!
    10. optional: flash the latest Magisk and reboot to system to setup Magisk app [wait for it to load]
    Enjoy ;) latest LOS 18.1 [Android 11] on your HTC 10.

Downloads:
    Known Issues:
    1. IMS - VOLTE
    2. SlowMo
    3. SeLinux permissive

Reporting bugs:
    Bug reports without a proper description of the issue and a logcat will be ignored!

Credits:
    • LineageOS Team & Contributors
    • Code Aurora Forum
    • TWRP Team
    • Magisk Team
    • Fagyi & all HTC 10 contributors

Special thanks:
    @fagyi

Source code:

LineageOS Gerrit Review
    LineageOS source
    Kernel source
    Device source
    Vendor source

XDA: DevDB Information
    [ROM] [11.0] [PME] LineageOS 18.1 [UNOFFICIAL], ROM for the HTC 10

Contributors:

raul16

Donations
    donations are not mandatory but very welcomed
    If you like my work and want to support development or buy me a coffee PayPal Donate

ROM OS Version: Android 11_r43
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.18
    ROM Firmware Required: OREO
    Based On: LineageOS 18.1

Version Information
    Stable

Created on 2020-12-12
    Last Updated 2021-10-14

Screeshots:
    Screenshot_20210117-120922_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210117-121007_Trebuchet.pngScreenshot_20210117-121550_Magisk_Manager.pngScreenshot_20210117-122433_SafetyNet_Test.pngScreenshot_20210117-122533_Settings.pngScreenshot_20210117-123005_Trebuchet.png
    ----------------------------------------------------
    2021-10-14
    los: changelog here

2021-09-12
    September 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r40 to r43 build RQ3A.210905.001
    los: changelog here
    pme: device sensors, init code fixes & optimizations
    pme: kernel BFQ I/O scheduler & other code fixes

2021-08-14
    August 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r39 to r40 build RQ3A.210805.001.A1
    pme: device & kernel code fixes & optimizations
    pme: update blobs for media/display/graphics

2021-07-12
    July 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r38 to r39 build RQ3A.210705.001
    pme: device & kernel code fixes & optimizations

2021-06-22
    Fix - encryption support enabled for /data partition
    Fix - speaker sound
    New - included LOS 18.1 changes from 16.06 to 22.06.2021 (inclusive)

2021-06-16
    June 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r37 to r38 build RQ3A.210605.005
    pme: compile kernel with gcc
    pme: various device code fixes

2021-05-16
    May 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade from A11_r34 to A11_r37 RQ2A.210505.003
    pme: compile kernel with gcc

2021-04-30
    April 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade from A11_r32 to A11_r34 RQ2A.210405.005
    pme: compile kernel with gcc [gcc version 4.9.x (prerelease)]
    pme: kernel optimizations
    pme: various code fixes from CAF & mentainers

2021-04-05
    March 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade from A11_r29 to A11_r32 RQ2A.210305.006
    pme: compile kernel with clang-11
    pme: treewide fix use of uninitialized variable
    pme: various code fixes from CAF & mentainers
    pme: BACKPORT radio driver from Google wahoo
    pme: UPSTREAM kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF
    pme: BACKPORT kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF

2021-02-09
    February 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade from A11_r27 to A11_r29 RQ1A.210204.004
    pme: merge CAF tag LA.UM.8.6.r1-05300-89xx.0
    pme: updated info security patches applied
    pme: UPSTREAM kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF
    pme: BACKPORT kernel 3.18 changes from LineageOS & CAF

2021-01-15
    January 2021 Security patch
    pme: touch: Improve logging output
    pme: touch: Fix code style issues
    pme: Use CodeAurora ImsService implementation for RCS
    pme: Add AOSP RCS packages
    pme: Remove dead RCS packages
    pme: manifest: Remove Trust interface entry
    pme: Deduplicate handheld_core_hardware.xml copy rule
    pme: Inherit from AOSP product makefiles in the common tree
    pme: Remove [email protected]
    pme: Migrate to Health 2.1 HAL
    pme: Replace [email protected] with audio.service
    pme: Enforce vintf manifest override
    pme: Move supplicant service init to wpa_supplicant

2020-12-12
    December 2020 Security patch
    Initial beta release LOS 18.1 for HTC U10
    new build available lineage-18.1-20210622-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
    Fix - encryption support enabled for /data partition
    Fix - speaker sound
    New - included LOS 18.1 changes from 16.06 to 22.06.2021 (inclusive)
    new build available lineage-18.1-20211014-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
    new build available lineage-18.1-20210912-UNOFFICIAL-pme.zip

log:
    September 2021 Security patch
    los: upgrade A11 from r40 to r43 build RQ3A.210905.001
    pme: device sensors, init code fixes & optimizations
    pme: kernel BFQ I/O scheduler & other code fixes