[ROM][11.0][POLARIS] Pixel Experience [AOSP][2021/02/18]

jjpprrrr

Nov 27, 2018
jjpprrrr.com
Sorry how do I take logs during bootloop? I have the phone up and running already.
Then you can't. You need to do it when it's still bootlooping. Connect to a computer and run adb logcat. In addition, you need to have USB debugging enabled before the update.

I've been scratching my head and trying to trigger the crash. I've formatted data and clean flashed the previous build, finished the setup, let everything settle down, and then update to the new build through OTA. I've done this 3 times this afternoon and have not been able to trigger a single problem.

amroth22

Apr 19, 2011
Then you can't. You need to do it when it's still bootlooping. Connect to a computer and run adb logcat. In addition, you need to have USB debugging enabled before the update.

I've been scratching my head and trying to trigger the crash. I've formatted data and clean flashed the previous build, finished the setup, let everything settle down, and then update to the new build through OTA. I've done this 3 times this afternoon and have not been able to trigger a single problem.
Could it be because of other apps/previous data?

I tried format cache partition in the recovery and restart again, still no luck, and only after i format data that the phone starts again as new. There's no need to install previous build though.

jjpprrrr

Nov 27, 2018
jjpprrrr.com
Could it be because of other apps/previous data?

I tried format cache partition in the recovery and restart again, still no luck, and only after i format data that the phone starts again as new. There's no need to install previous build though.
What I'm saying is, if you installed the previous build again, you wouldn't need to format data. I know that because someone else solved it in that way.

anonymous16

Sep 6, 2016
So far one person on another device mentioned a similar issue, and he fixed it by going back to the previous build and flashing the new build again. I still don't know the cause and I cannot recreate the issue personally.
Same here... fixed by sideloading to previous build.
tried to logcat but usb debugg didn't turned on, sorry

Last edited:

pedjamis

Mar 8, 2017
Hello, thank you for a great ROM. Question: why are there no bluetooth codecs installed (apart from SBC)? Tried changing codecs in developer settings. I would like to use high quality audio like LDAC or aptX.

mm_afnan

Nov 1, 2018
I've a question whenever I rebooted the device the secondary disable sim gets turned back on is this is how its suppose to be is it gonna be changed in the future?

jjpprrrr

Nov 27, 2018
jjpprrrr.com
Hello, thank you for a great ROM. Question: why are there no bluetooth codecs installed (apart from SBC)? Tried changing codecs in developer settings. I would like to use high quality audio like LDAC or aptX.
PE supports all those BT codecs. Whatever is turned on depends on the current BT headset you are using. You can see those codecs in developer options.

jjpprrrr

Nov 27, 2018
jjpprrrr.com
I've a question whenever I rebooted the device the secondary disable sim gets turned back on is this is how its suppose to be is it gonna be changed in the future?
I'm not sure. It sounds like a bug but most telephony related stuff are from Qualcomm and Google, so I'll see what I can do. If you are able to trigger that bug, capture logs during boot and send it to me.

kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Thanks a lot! That confirmed my hypothesis that it is apex related. Basically anyone who has a pending apex mounted before OTA update will run into this issue.
Is there a way to prevent problems by doing something prior to OTA updating? Or is it safer to update through recovery with adb push?

Reactions: amroth22

jjpprrrr

Nov 27, 2018
jjpprrrr.com
Is there a way to prevent problems by doing something prior to OTA updating? Or is it safer to update through recovery with adb push?
Not as far as I know of. Most people probably won't run into it at all. If it happens, just sideload the previous build and then come back to the latest one.

I have formatted data, flashed the 0207 build, and updated to the latest one for at least 15 times now. I only saw that issue once.

chris12205

Apr 27, 2016
I tried the February 18, 2021 version. Everything looks fine, but there is a bug in the indicator / night light function: it turns brown and I can't change / dim it.

There is another bug: when I slide the notifications down, I cannot see the battery percentage in %. I only see "bis" (whatever it means).

Last edited:

jjpprrrr

Nov 27, 2018
jjpprrrr.com
Is double-tap the status bar to off the screen available in this ROM?
No, it's not.
I tried the February 18, 2021 version. Everything looks fine, but there is a bug in the indicator / night light function: it turns brown and I can't change / dim it.

There is another bug: when I slide the notifications down, I cannot see the battery percentage in %. I only see "bis" (whatever it means).
1. What do you mean you can't change/dim night light? You mean you would like to turn it off but you can't? Turning it on and off and scheduling it to a certain period of time work fine here.
2. Battery percentage does not show in the QS panel. Battery life estimate is shown instead.

mm_afnan

Nov 1, 2018
Its brown, I can't change in the direction to normal.
From what I understand you're saying that you can't move the slider to left to lower the intensity of the night light? Its working fine for me the slider thing one thing that's a little aggressive is even when you make intensity just about 1 or 2% its a little too aggressive compared to some other phones in its color even at that minimum intensity. But I don't think it would bother anyone because I don't seem to have problem with it and slider works fine.

mm_afnan

Nov 1, 2018
So I've tested it couple of times the issue is that whenever I "restart" the device everything regarding sim situation stays the same but whenever I "shutdown" it completely and then turn it back on then no matter if its sim1 or sim2 if it was disabled before the shutdown it will get enabled as soon as phone boots up.

Regarding logs I can't provide logs because I'm facing issue with my usb port so it doesn't connect to laptop to perform logcat.

jjpprrrr

Nov 27, 2018
jjpprrrr.com
So I've tested it couple of times the issue is that whenever I "restart" the device everything regarding sim situation stays the same but whenever I "shutdown" it completely and then turn it back on then no matter if its sim1 or sim2 if it was disabled before the shutdown it will get enabled as soon as phone boots up.

Regarding logs I can't provide logs because I'm facing issue with my usb port so it doesn't connect to laptop to perform logcat.
I see. Again, many of these things are proprietary software, so don't expect a fix anytime soon.

purespin

Apr 1, 2006
No, it's not.
Thanks for the quick reply. The power button on my mix2s got stuck sometimes and I am trying to find a way to avoid pressing the power button as much as possible.
If I remember correctly, it's available in PE 10 plus ROM. Is there an add-on or apps that could have this feature?