• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][POTTER] crDroid v7.12 [08.11.2021]

Search This thread

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
fingerprint-navigation doesn't work. The corresponding settings remain without any effect!?
Actually the fingerprint-sensor doesn't function at all. And i can't find basic options for it.
The lockscreen-settings only offer swipe, pattern, pin or password and one level above face-unlock.
Any hints much appreciated.
I think you need to search this thread or others. I had the same problem: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-11-0-potter-crdroid-v7-9-11-08-2021.4041689/post-84635709

I was able to solve it https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...le-stock-builds.3830482/page-42#post-85149701 (potter-twrp-flashable-OPSS28.85-17-6-2-aroma.zip)

k0tz

May 17, 2015
I think you need to search this thread or others. I had the same problem: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/rom-11-0-potter-crdroid-v7-9-11-08-2021.4041689/post-84635709

I was able to solve it https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...le-stock-builds.3830482/page-42#post-85149701 (potter-twrp-flashable-OPSS28.85-17-6-2-aroma.zip)
Actually i've seen your post in this thread. But i missed that you've come up with a solution in another.
Should use the search-func more thoroughly!

Until now i used a Nougat-Build of NZedPred. Have the backup somewhere.
So, if i understand it right, i must flash Stock Oreo first (let it boot once?) and then 're-flash' crDroid?
If so, maybe i go with the original Stock-Oreo-Firmware and flash it via fastboot!?

Anyway, thanks for replying.

Last edited:

nantzen

Jun 9, 2014
Palermo
v7.8: I'm having strange total charge drops to near 0% after reboot or on/off. As soon as I attach to the power the % counts up to ca. the value it had before the drop with an interval of ca. one second so very fast.
Can anyone give advise how to fix/reset this?

View attachment 5419487

EDIT: seem to have resolved with BatteryCalibration from F-Droid

F-Droid implies to be rooted. For non root devices it is possible to use what suggested by Motorola:
If you are experiencing incorrect or inconsistent battery level, quick battery discharge, slow or erratic charging speeds, or sudden power off or rebooting, a battery calibration could correct the problem.
To perform a battery calibration:
  1. Force reboot the device by holding the power button until the device reboots
  2. Plug into supplied charger
  3. Charge to 100% and leave on the charger for at least an additional hour after getting to 100%
It worked for my G5+ with crDroid but no-root.

Reactions: ChriMo

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
Actually i've seen your post in this thread. But i missed that you've come up with a solution in another.
Should use the search-func more thoroughly!

Until now i used a Nougat-Build of NZedPred. Have the backup somewhere.
So, if i understand it right, i must flash Stock Oreo first (let it boot once?) and then 're-flash' crDroid?
If so, maybe i go with the original Stock-Oreo-Firmware and flash it via fastboot!?

Anyway, thanks for replying.
Yes I did IMEI Backup, flashed potter-twrp-flashable-OPSS28.85-17-6-2-aroma.zip, booted and tried all the important functions like fingerprint, GPS, etc. Then I flashed crDroid

k0tz

May 17, 2015
Yes I did IMEI Backup, flashed potter-twrp-flashable-OPSS28.85-17-6-2-aroma.zip, booted and tried all the important functions like fingerprint, GPS, etc. Then I flashed crDroid
I'm a bit unsteady whether the TWRP-flashable aroma.zip goes without problems?
State of phone before crDroid wasn't even latest Android 7 build, i reckon.
What about the comments (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oreo-stock-rom-twrp-flashable-stock-builds.3830482/) concerning flashing from a custom rom back to stock!? Did these only apply to 'oreo-based-roms back to stock-nougat' back then? Sry, i'm kinda confused.
The zip flashes without altering the gpt.img and bootloader.img. Would it be better to do a complete fastboot install to avoid problems, or (if not already changed by crDroid) leave them as is (either by excluding via fastboot or using the aroma.zip) for a possible downgrade?
Maybe to much concerns for a device that will surely conk out sooner or later, but i'm also curious right now.
I hope you're patient with me and can clarify things to a certain extent.

Last edited:

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
I'm a bit unsteady whether the TWRP-flashable aroma.zip goes without problems?
State of phone before crDroid wasn't even latest Android 7 build, i reckon.
What about the comments (https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oreo-stock-rom-twrp-flashable-stock-builds.3830482/) concerning flashing from a custom rom back to stock!? Did these only apply to 'oreo-based-roms back to stock-nougat' back then? Sry, i'm kinda confused.
The zip flashes without altering the gpt.img and bootloader.img. Would it be better to do a complete fastboot install to avoid problems, or (if not already changed by crDroid) leave them as is (either by excluding via fastboot or using the aroma.zip) for a possible downgrade?
Maybe to much concerns for a device that will surely conk out sooner or later, but i'm also curious right now.
I hope you're patient with me and can clarify things to a certain extent.
I'm sorry I did not protocol my upgrade process so I can not add much since I do this things not very often and are no expert. I think I had tried to flash crDroid before and then did straight the process written above to get fingerprint etc. to work.

k0tz

May 17, 2015
Just an update in case somebody encounters similar problems.

Like NZedPred wrote in the thread that ChriMo pointed to, Android 7 and 8 handle things different.
So, flashing stock-Oreo and 'reflashing' crDroid (accidently flashed 7.8 first/ then 7.10 dirty) did the trick. Fingerprint-sensor is back and navigation is working flawless.

I've flashed https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-moto-g5-plus-flashing-stock-firmware-rooting-2021.4205293/ via fastboot to avoid leaving any 'outdated' files behind. Coz it's unlikely i'll ever switch back to android 7 (if oreo-bootloader is backward compatible at all?) it was no hindrance for me (apart from that, using fastboot, you could also spare gpt.bin and bootloader.img).
The aroma-installer https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oreo-stock-rom-twrp-flashable-stock-builds.3830482/ omits the partition-table and bootloader 'naturally'. Either way seems possible (Like ChriMo said, the aroma-installer worked for him).

Thanx for the helpful hints!

Reactions: ChriMo

Shirax_dxb

Oct 12, 2021
Since the power button of my moto g5 plus is almost broken i just wanted to know does this rom have " double tap to wake" feature?

giociampa

Feb 22, 2012
Trowbridge
Moto G5 Plus
Moto G 5G Plus
Having an issue when setting up from a clean flash (so not a leftover from anything before). If I skip the app/data copy it moves to the account setup, so it's not stopping me from using the phone as such (It's a testbed for getting the new Magisk working before transferring the knowledge to my daily driver)

The crash log link is https://paste.crdroid.net/ipVilB if that helps at all (I've attached it here also)

Attachments

• screen-20211109-125938.png
    screen-20211109-125938.png
    134.4 KB · Views: 11
  • paste.txt
    3.6 KB · Views: 4

GtrCraft

Recognized Developer
Jun 3, 2013
Moto G5 Plus
Xiaomi Poco F1
Having an issue when setting up from a clean flash (so not a leftover from anything before). If I skip the app/data copy it moves to the account setup, so it's not stopping me from using the phone as such (It's a testbed for getting the new Magisk working before transferring the knowledge to my daily driver)

The crash log link is https://paste.crdroid.net/ipVilB if that helps at all (I've attached it here also)
Flash different gapps

silverstone777

Nov 14, 2021
I am stuck on boot loop / black screen after clean flash (wipe system/data/cache/dalvik cache) and installing either crDroid 7.12 (20211108) or Lineage OS 18.1 (20210713). Using TWRP 3.3.1-0 and Magisk v21.0. Opengapps wasn't installed with crDroid but with Lineage OS 18.1 (20210713) I used latest opengapps 20211113 nano/micro.

Both crDroid and LineageOS seem to show the same symptoms. Decryption at boot seems to take forever (~ 60 seconds) compared to previous LineageOS 17.1 (20200323).

Any idea what is going on ? Decryption in TWRP takes about 2 seconds.

EDIT 1: This is Potter / Motorola Moto 5G Plus *XT1685* (EU-Version, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB storage, Dual-SIM) if it matters

EDIT 2: ArrowOS could boot (but I couldn't restore from wifi, wouldn't connect to Google Services even though wifi was clearly working).

Last edited:

Lightning407

May 26, 2015
I am stuck on boot loop / black screen after clean flash (wipe system/data/cache/dalvik cache) and installing either crDroid 7.12 (20211108) or Lineage OS 18.1 (20210713). Using TWRP 3.3.1-0 and Magisk v21.0. Opengapps wasn't installed with crDroid but with Lineage OS 18.1 (20210713) I used latest opengapps 20211113 nano/micro.

Both crDroid and LineageOS seem to show the same symptoms. Decryption at boot seems to take forever (~ 60 seconds) compared to previous LineageOS 17.1 (20200323).

Any idea what is going on ? Decryption in TWRP takes about 2 seconds.

EDIT 1: This is Potter / Motorola Moto 5G Plus *XT1685* (EU-Version, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB storage, Dual-SIM) if it matters

EDIT 2: ArrowOS could boot (but I couldn't restore from wifi, wouldn't connect to Google Services even though wifi was clearly working).
Hi silverstone777! I flashed the same crDroid build a few days ago. Some issues that caused a bootloop in my case:
- I did not remove decryption properly. That is, I came from ArrowOS where I encrypted my data. Before flashing crDroid, I also wiped everything etc. However, I did not notice that after the clean flash, my phone still asked a PIN to decrypt my data at boot even though wiping everything should have removed encryption. It turns out that the trick was use the Format Data button to wipe everything and then to reboot, before flashing crDroid, which indeed removed the decryption prompt
- For some reason, flashing opengapps arm64-11.0-pico-20211109 resulted in a bootloop, but flashing open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20211020 did allow to boot.

I have been using the crDroid for a couple of days now, everything is great so far! But I started encryption today and that is taking quite long (currently 2 hours and 40 minutes have passed and it is still showing the boot animation), so I still have to figure that out. Fortunately, I did take a backup before starting the encryption :p

Last edited:

silverstone777

Nov 14, 2021
Hi silverstone777! I flashed the same crDroid build a few days ago. Some issues that caused a bootloop in my case:
- I did not remove decryption properly. That is, I came from ArrowOS where I encrypted my data. Before flashing crDroid, I also wiped everything etc. However, I did not notice that after the clean flash, my phone still asked a PIN to decrypt my data at boot even though wiping everything should have removed encryption. It turns out that the trick was to reboot between wiping everything and flashing crDroid, which indeed removed the decryption prompt
- For some reason, flashing opengapps arm64-11.0-pico-20211109 resulted in a bootloop, but flashing open_gapps-arm64-11.0-pico-20211020 did allow to boot.

I have been using the crDroid for a couple of days now, everything is great so far! But I started encryption today and that is taking quite long (currently 2 hours and 40 minutes have passed and it is still showing the boot animation), so I still have to figure that out. Fortunately, I did take a backup before starting the encryption :p
Hi Lightning407. Many thanks for your reply. I see also in my case it was related to encryption.

After formatting data and losing all of my internal storage (Why the hell TWRP "wipe data" only erases system apps/settings, while "format data" erases also all internal pictures etc) - after which I see that Google has screwed up the backup I setup.

Needless to say all backup apps (MyBackup, SwiftBackup) I setup to automatically backup to Google Drive and SD Card stopped working without notification ...

Enough of the rant, sorry :(.

I tried flashing LineageOS 18.1, crDroid 7.12 and dotOS 5.2. All of them install fine and boot, but I had problems when trying to restore from Cloud during device startup (wouldn't login to Google). If I flash ROM, reboot, then flash opengapps I could get play store to work (it wouldn't if I flashed ROM & opengapps together). However, access to e.g. Google Drive (to backup Whatsapp), Google Contacts/Calendar, doesn't work at all anymore. GPS is also broken.

I'm currently on dotOS 5.2, not sure which way is better now.

Since all my data is gone anyway (it wasn't that critical but still ...), I could move again to crDroid. One of the issues I saw was lots of logging in Matlog (I could set the logging level much lower, but I guess this is normal for a user debug build).

Lightning407

May 26, 2015
Hi Lightning407. Many thanks for your reply. I see also in my case it was related to encryption.

After formatting data and losing all of my internal storage (Why the hell TWRP "wipe data" only erases system apps/settings, while "format data" erases also all internal pictures etc) - after which I see that Google has screwed up the backup I setup.

Needless to say all backup apps (MyBackup, SwiftBackup) I setup to automatically backup to Google Drive and SD Card stopped working without notification ...

Enough of the rant, sorry :(.

I tried flashing LineageOS 18.1, crDroid 7.12 and dotOS 5.2. All of them install fine and boot, but I had problems when trying to restore from Cloud during device startup (wouldn't login to Google). If I flash ROM, reboot, then flash opengapps I could get play store to work (it wouldn't if I flashed ROM & opengapps together). However, access to e.g. Google Drive (to backup Whatsapp), Google Contacts/Calendar, doesn't work at all anymore. GPS is also broken.

I'm currently on dotOS 5.2, not sure which way is better now.

Since all my data is gone anyway (it wasn't that critical but still ...), I could move again to crDroid. One of the issues I saw was lots of logging in Matlog (I could set the logging level much lower, but I guess this is normal for a user debug build).
Ah that is sad to hear. Good luck with your further custom ROM adventures!

Bluesbirdy

Oct 22, 2014
Clean flashed the '20211108-potter' successfully (in the end) on my Moto G5 plus, coming from PixelExperience.
Anyone encountering error messages in TWRP after flashing, this helped me:
Before clean flashing the ROM, disable screen pattern safety, disable SIM-code safety, logout of your Google account.
After that, flawless installation via TWRP.

Beautifull ROM, tnx!

One issue I encounter: I am not able to 'archive' a received e-mail from the home/lock screen.

Top Liked Posts