[ROM][11.0][POTTER] crDroid v7.23 [12.10.2022]

Search This thread

cjdijk

Apr 25, 2021
I just noticed that fast charging, a.k.a. "TurboPower", doesn't work. It says "Charging slowly".
Quickcharge is always disabled on any device with lithium-ion battery when the capacity of your battery is 80% or more. This increases the lifetime of your battery. The only thing is: most rom's don't give information about charging voltage/current. Try charging when battery level is below 50%, it should quick charge then.

Reactions: L34NDRO

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
Quickcharge is always disabled on any device with lithium-ion battery when the capacity of your battery is 80% or more. This increases the lifetime of your battery. The only thing is: most rom's don't give information about charging voltage/current. Try charging when battery level is below 50%, it should quick charge then.
Yeah, I ended up using a USB tester and found that it was properly charging using QC 2.0 -- crdroid just doesn't label it as such and doesn't present this information to apps, such as Ampere.

cjdijk

Apr 25, 2021
o someone to give me a quick tutorial on how to put the ROM?
Here is the guide I always use myself, to switch to another ROM. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...7-20-21-07-2022.4041689/page-15#post-87166707 Some addition. If after rebooting, your phone stucks on CrDroid bootlogo. Just do the same procedure a second time. The first time I got this, I thought it had to do something with (wrong) GApps, but it seems to happen always when switching from a different rom to CrDroid. And ofcourse: always use the latest CrDroid and GApps. If you are new, still using the original Moto G5 Plus Android 8.1, you need to do much more steps. I have a Dutch manual here: https://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/list_message/66796802#66796802

LeMaJo

Sep 13, 2017
thank you!
for continuing a 'discuntinued' rom. i have two potters and both batteries work still fine for 2-3 days. would feel strange to stop using them.

Reactions: L34NDRO and ChriMo

cjdijk

Apr 25, 2021
thank you!
for continuing a 'discuntinued' rom. i have two potters and both batteries work still fine for 2-3 days. would feel strange to stop using them.
I thought I was the only one who has two of the same smartphones (Moto G5 Plus). I think it's very usefull to have a backup. Also to check differences between two different rom's, without having to flash. I have ArrowOS and CrDroid, and are working both, but I prefer CrDroid. You can read my issue on the ArrowOS topic.

Reactions: L34NDRO and ChriMo

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
I'm also happy my GoTo ROM is maintained for the potter. I'm fine with 3-4 updates a year.
I had (have?) battery calibration issues (see earlier here in the thread). After doing several loading cycles in TWRP including deleting the batterystats.bin file it looks now the discharging behaves "normally" and one cycle is ca. 3 days. Hope to use it more as a secondary device and maybe reactivate it for a SIM.

LeMaJo

Sep 13, 2017
I thought I was the only one who has two of the same smartphones (Moto G5 Plus). I think it's very usefull to have a backup. Also to check differences between two different rom's, without having to flash. I have ArrowOS and CrDroid, and are working both, but I prefer CrDroid. You can read my issue on the ArrowOS topic.
okay i see.
i have two potters (one with double sim, one with single sim). Arrows works on both, crDroid stucks in a boot loop on the single sim potter.
the finger print sensor seems to be a delicate topic too.

i wonder if we can get the october security patches... :)

LeMaJo

Sep 13, 2017
oh, i tried that wiping orgy already. sadly it doesnt help me out of the boot loop.
maybe that is because my potters are XT1684 (single SIM) and XT1685 (double SIM). could be that the XT1684 isnt really a 'potter' although its a 'Moto G5 plus'.

but thank you for your inputs, i really appreciate that.

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
oh, i tried that wiping orgy already. sadly it doesnt help me out of the boot loop.
maybe that is because my potters are XT1684 (single SIM) and XT1685 (double SIM). could be that the XT1684 isnt really a 'potter' although its a 'Moto G5 plus'.

but thank you for your inputs, i really appreciate that.
Just to be sure, you're doing a *format* at the end, not just a wipe? I have an XT1687, so I can't directly speak to the UK models that you have, but I'm pretty sure they are potter and there should be a way to get the XT1684 to work. What version of TWRP are you using?
If you're happy with ArrowOS, though, it's cool -- it's just my experience with these EOL ROMs that having an alternative option that also works can be useful down the line.

LeMaJo

Sep 13, 2017
yes i do a format (means you have to type the letters 'yes' and Enter). I didnt know those are UK models (i'm Austrian) but all potter stuff wlrked fine so far.
and very true: alternatives definitely are useful.

mmortal03

Apr 15, 2014
yes i do a format (means you have to type the letters 'yes' and Enter). I didnt know those are UK models (i'm Austrian) but all potter stuff wlrked fine so far.
and very true: alternatives definitely are useful.
I just upgraded from 7.21 to 7.22, and it got stuck at the crdroid logo for maybe 15 minutes on initial boot, before I force rebooted it into TWRP. I tried re-installing NikGApps, and then it booted (but maybe it would've booted the second time, anyway?) So, if you aren't using some form of GApps, it might be worth trying it just to see if that helps (but, of course, no one should be required to install some form of GApps to get it to work).

LeMaJo

Sep 13, 2017
I just upgraded from 7.21 to 7.22, and it got stuck at the crdroid logo for maybe 15 minutes on initial boot, before I force rebooted it into TWRP. I tried re-installing NikGApps, and then it booted (but maybe it would've booted the second time, anyway?) So, if you aren't using some form of GApps, it might be worth trying it just to see if that helps (but, of course, no one should be required to install some form of GApps to get it to work).
oh, interesting. i did that and it worked. (NickGapps core)
Fingerprint looks like a problem on crDroid too, sadly.

Thanks for your advice!

Reactions: mmortal03

marklm725

Jan 14, 2017
so i just installed crDROID on my phone, flashed it, then flashed flash GAPPS, and now its kind of hung up on the boot screen with the eye flashing different colors. i followed the instructions. how long does it usually take to boot the first boot? any ideas what this could be?

Top Liked Posts