• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0][POTTER] crDroid v7.7 [16.06.2021]

Search This thread

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
Can the "screen" when swiping to the right with the "crDroid best ROM" message be removed or do the two screens need to be active when one has no apps/icons at all?

Spektater

Oct 16, 2020
Hello! Thank you for your hard work!

Has anyone tried this on a XT1681 (or any other model with 2gb version)?

I'm curious about performance, as the 2gb ram in my device seems to be quite limited.

I especially care about camera running smoothly (ideally gcam).

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

bravo97

Jun 12, 2014
GtrCraft,

2nd line of your install instructions say "OpenGapps" with link. However this thead is for v11 rom (crDroid 7.6) and OpenGapps does not produce a v11.

Are you instructions wrong or outdated?
Should that instruction instead provide a link for a v11 Gapp?
There are many v11 Gapp builds, can you specify which are known to work?
======
UPDATE: openGapps has moved to sourceforge and proper link (including v11) is:
(note that Moto G5plus is Arm64)

Last edited:

bravo97

Jun 12, 2014
ENCRYPTION appears broken,

-just did full wipe/format of xt1687(potter) phone;
-installed crDroid current(v7.6) from crDroid site as linked in OP
-installed nothing else (no magisk, no gapps)
-booted phone (successful)
-turned on screenlock with pin
-enabled encrypton
-phone restarted and then hung on "egyption eye" boot logo screen

this is similar effect I have seen on other roms which seem to have trouble implementing encryption; i have no suggestion or fix to offer

okayk

Apr 23, 2020
Tokyo
ENCRYPTION appears broken,

-just did full wipe/format of xt1687(potter) phone;
-installed crDroid current(v7.6) from crDroid site as linked in OP
-installed nothing else (no magisk, no gapps)
-booted phone (successful)
-turned on screenlock with pin
-enabled encrypton
-phone restarted and then hung on "egyption eye" boot logo screen

this is similar effect I have seen on other roms which seem to have trouble implementing encryption; i have no suggestion or fix to offer
Encryption is working fine with gothic's build of Lineage 18.1. You can also encrypt your phone with Lineage 18.1 and flash crDroid afterward. I tested it with crdroid vanilla and it works. Unfortunately the camera shows an error so I switched back to lineage.

Spektater

Oct 16, 2020

mlaverd

Jul 31, 2010
Encryption is working fine with gothic's build of Lineage 18.1. You can also encrypt your phone with Lineage 18.1 and flash crDroid afterward. I tested it with crdroid vanilla and it works. Unfortunately the camera shows an error so I switched back to lineage.
I'm not seeing potter in the LineageOS site. Is that an unofficial port?

mk070

Feb 14, 2017
- Encryption should work now (untested)
Encryption is not working properly with latest build
crDroidAndroid-11.0-20210518-potter-v7.6.zip

441 10007 W libc : Unable to set property "ctl.interface_start" to "[email protected]::ICryptfsHw/default": error code: 0x20 441 441 I hwservicemanager: Since [email protected]::ICryptfsHw/default is not registered, trying to start it as a lazy HAL. 443 9523 I HidlServiceManagement: getService: Trying again for [email protected]::ICryptfsHw/default... 0 0 E [ 1236.679446,3] init: Control message: Could not find '[email protected]::ICryptfsHw/default' for ctl.interface_start from pid: 441 (/system/bin/hwservicemanager)

PointyFinger

Mar 5, 2016
Hi, I am using the latest version of crDroid and my model is XT1685.

1623827494636.png

I have flashed the above version, with flamegapps and TWRP 3.5.2. So far, the ROM is fantastic bringing features to my old phone that I didn't think it was capable. The performance is amazing as well compared to my stock rom that I had on there, no more laggy browser and maps.

The only issue I've noticed so far is the mobile network: it will occasionally display a x in the icon and I won't be able to access the internet when it does. I've tried disabling bluetooth AND wifi when this occurs but that doesn't help. Restarting the phone also doesn't help. Any ideas?

ChriMo

Oct 13, 2014
Thx. OTA Update to 7.7 worked (no GApps, no Magisk, etc.). WLAN took some time/help to connect.

Last edited:

PointyFinger

Mar 5, 2016
OTA to 7.7, now stuck at crDroid logo on startup. waited 5+ minutes, nothing happens. Tried clearing Dalvik via TWRP, tried flashing flamegapps again, no luck. Is there a way I can fix this without clean flashing?

PointyFinger

Mar 5, 2016
Hi, I am using the latest version of crDroid and my model is XT1685.

View attachment 5339511

I have flashed the above version, with flamegapps and TWRP 3.5.2. So far, the ROM is fantastic bringing features to my old phone that I didn't think it was capable. The performance is amazing as well compared to my stock rom that I had on there, no more laggy browser and maps.

The only issue I've noticed so far is the mobile network: it will occasionally display a x in the icon and I won't be able to access the internet when it does. I've tried disabling bluetooth AND wifi when this occurs but that doesn't help. Restarting the phone also doesn't help. Any ideas?
I managed to resolve the mobile network issue by going into Network and internet -> mobile network and then changing Access Point Name to another option. I only had two options in there so selected the other and it worked (I'm on Vodafone in Australia)

Dec 17, 2020
OTA to 7.7, now stuck at crDroid logo on startup. waited 5+ minutes, nothing happens. Tried clearing Dalvik via TWRP, tried flashing flamegapps again, no luck. Is there a way I can fix this without clean flashing?
Same issue here. Magisk, NikGapps. Have not tried dirty flashing NikGapps again, because didn't have the zip at the time. Just ended up wiping everything and reinstalling 7.6.

fix4all

Apr 23, 2012
Dang, just installed this ROM and NICE it is! Seems to work fine on the 2GB model, only downside that I could find at this point is the compass does not work. Worked fine on Stock 8.1.
Are there any workarounds to resolve? If not, does the compass work on crDroid 10.0 or 9.0? Or any other newer custom ROM, for that matter?

EDIT: Have tried virtually every AOSP ROM version 10 & 11 and LineageOS 18.1 and NO compass/magnetometer support. Guess will be stuck on ArrowOS 9.0.

Last edited:

nathanielsametz

Apr 18, 2011
Melbourne
7.7 doesn't boot for me - just stuck on the crDroid logo.

XT1685.

have tried clean flashing several times now, updated to latest TWRP ... hard reboot from bootloop..- is no good. not booting :(

I'll flash 7.6 when I get the chance

thanks everyone

Top Liked Posts