• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0][sailfish] PixelExperience [AOSP][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

m3nu

Oct 25, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Any experiences with the latest update? At the first try I downloaded, clicked "Install" and then nothing happened.

Edit: Ended up flashing via recovery and it was fine. Steps:

1. Boot into fastboot (Power + Vol Down
  2. Flash TWRP:
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot twrp-3.5.2_9-0-sailfish.img
  3. Format cache and system partitions
  4. Sideload latest ROM
    Code:
    adb sideload PixelExperience_sailfish-11.0-20210618-1815-OFFICIAL.zip

Last edited:

Syndacate

Mar 8, 2011
Rochester, NY
Hi, I tried to follow the installation guide but failed to flash the zip.

I first sideload the reformat patch, then sideload the rom. The PE recovery stopped at 35% and TWRP stopped at 47% and failed at step 2/2.

The error message is the same
Code:
Error applying update: 28 (ErrorCode::kDownloadOperationExecutionError)
This happened to me...
I had the same issue.
here is what I did to get around:
1. booting with the latest TWRP (twrp-3.5.0_9-0-sailfish.img)
2. adb sideloading the repartitioning zip
3. restarted to the recovery
4. wipe everything and
5. sideload the ROM zip

hope this helps.
And this fixed it, thanks. Think there's something wrong with the recovery attached with it.
Tried again today and I was able to add Google Account.
Currently, I find the battery drained very quickly. I use Pixel as my second phone for messages, so I laid it on my desk for almost a whole day. I always need to charge it every 12 to 18 hours.
This too happened to me. I didn't have time to finish setting it up last night or even put my SIM in so it just sat on my desk unused for 18 hours connected to WIFI but no SIM in it and it was at 13% when I picked it up today. For reference in this same state standard Android 10 official on the Pixel lasts ~7 days before it gets low.

Unfortunately the battery usage stats for apps isn't available for some reason, so I couldn't really pinpoint what app or service was chugging away on the battery.

wkv2101

Aug 4, 2011
For me, even though it says "Pixel 5", it is still taking storage space when I uploaded a 3 min video taken by gcam that came with the rom. So I will have so assume that this rom is not compatible. This is the only reason I use this phone now, so sadly I will be reverting back to stock android 10. 😭 I may come back if this is fixed!
Oh no :(((( thank you for this info

dagobert2000

Apr 19, 2011
Google Pixel
I also installed this ROM a few days ago. Basically it works fine, but I also see like in some previous posts that the battery drain is high. Also the responsiveness of the overall system lags from time to time, e.g. when I open the Camera app and move the phone, the live view lags.

Can I somehow determine, what causes the troubles? The battery manager says everything is fine 🙃

thx, and thx for this ROM!

dagobert2000

Apr 19, 2011
Google Pixel
I also installed this ROM a few days ago. Basically it works fine, but I also see like in some previous posts that the battery drain is high. Also the responsiveness of the overall system lags from time to time, e.g. when I open the Camera app and move the phone, the live view lags.

Can I somehow determine, what causes the troubles? The battery manager says everything is fine 🙃

thx, and thx for this ROM!
ahh and I forgot one additional issue: Each time I disable Wifi or lose Wifi network, the mobile data via LTE does not work anymore. I always need to go to the settings and reset APN data, then LTE is instantly available again.

m3nu

Oct 25, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
I get about 2 days of battery with light use. With a refurbed phone. Using Whatsapp Web can be a big battery drain. So I avoid that.

You can use BetterBatteryStats to debug deep sleep time and apps that wake the system too often.

dagobert2000

Apr 19, 2011
Google Pixel
well, this battery app does not show anything suspicious to me. But the estimated screen on time is quite low for a fully charged battery: 3h30 ?

Another thing, when I receive a phone call the phone rings, but it takes about 5s until the display goes on to show who is calling. Also not normal, isn't it?

Top Liked Posts