[ROM][11.0][sailfish] PixelExperience [AOSP][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

FredChau

May 22, 2009
Montreal
Worked for me too
here is what I did to get around:
1. booting with the latest TWRP (twrp-3.5.0_9-0-sailfish.img)
2. adb sideloading the repartitioning zip
3. restarted to the recovery
4. wipe everything and
5. sideload the ROM zip
Worked for me too. The PixelExperience recovery image is cleary bugged (and seems slower to sideload upload)

Reactions: m3nu

m3nu

Oct 25, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
I've recently noticed weird behavior when using the TIER app (maybe others too). This app records location and maybe what the user is doing. But long after the app is closed, I still see lots of kernel alarms for ALARM_WAKEUP_ACTIVITY_DETECTION. This decreases battery life and deep sleep by about 10%. The only way to get rid of this is to restart the phone and NOT open the app.

I saw that LineageOS has restricted this type of alarm and some custom kernels can block it. It's not a big issue, but might be worth adding to PE as well.

m3nu

Oct 25, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
There is an issue in this rom , the device sometime get freezed then it restart itself auto
Never observed such an issue. Might be a hardware issue.

how to solve easily high temp of battery, even charging only?
Are you using a rapid charging cable and does it say "Charging rapidly"? If yet, the battery can get a bit hot. Charging slowly is better for battery life and it will get less hot.

giga502

Aug 17, 2011
For everyone having issues with their phone being detected as Pixel 5 and not getting unlimited full resolution backups in Google Photos, this used to be an issue with OpenGapps, since it was adding a file that broke the correct detection.

Try using a Root file explorer, or TWRP, and deleting the following file: system/etc/sysconfig/pixel_2018_exclusive.xml

This was what I had when installing LineageOS 17.1 being detected as a Pixel 3. On Android 11 the problem may be this file, or possibly a similar one.

- Flashed the latest ROM.
- Lost unlimited original storage.
- /system/etc/sysconfig/pixel_2018_exclusive.xml does not exist
- /system/etc/sysconfig/pixel_2016_exclusive.xml DOES exist
- Deleting it, then rebooting and wiping the photos app hasn't helped, still being counted against my quota

Not sure how to progress form here.

Venganem

Dec 1, 2021
Hello. Google Pixel Sailfish 32GB device. The firmware process stops at 35%. I did everything according to the instructions. How to be?
P.S. Windows 10 LTSB
Please, help me.

Riddler1283

May 9, 2012
Yeah, I got that one a three or four times too, but mostly in the first two weeks after installation (end of October), not recently... Maybe a subsequent update solved the problem.
Hi Fred,
So following the new best practice steps,

1)Unlock the Bootloader
2) Add TWRP to the Pixel,
3) Download the Pixel experience to my laptop, zip file
4) Open TWRP/ Hit TWRP Flash

How do I push the downloaded Pixel Experience zip file to the device itself, I've only ever flashed content on old devices that have external sd card slots?

Sorry still bit of an amateur in this, have only done an old galaxy tab 2 and old samsung with different roms.

Pixs

Jan 14, 2022
I just installed the 11.0 PixelExperience Plus.

Setup guide was very clear.

I had problems with the re-partitioning step on my pixel 32GB with the supplied zip file. (ErrorCode::kDownloadOperationExecutionError) I followed the instructions from Method 2 of this guide, which worked for me. https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-how-t...-5-errorcode-kpostinstallrunnererror.4302017/

After this, the zip could be installed and I now have working android 11.

mitchst2

Nov 9, 2011
HTC One (m7)
HTC 10
12 coming lads

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220114-214240_Pixel_Launcher.png
    Screenshot_20220114-214240_Pixel_Launcher.png
    107.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Wow
Reactions: OFFSPRINGER3

Riddler1283

May 9, 2012
Is it best practice to follow the instructions on the pixel experience website? I thought through reading the thread here people encountered errors, hence my ask about using TWRP.

Would it be best to wait for a stable version of 12 or just load 11?

Top Liked Posts