• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[ROM][11.0][Signature Spoofing/MicroG][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 18.1 [SERRANOVELTE GT-I9195I]

Search This thread

msbln

Feb 22, 2018
I'm impressed with this:

This is a simple MicroG installer. It can install MicroG and other stuff into your system partition or as a Magisk module. It supports virtually all mobile architectures (arm/64, x86/64, mips/64) and fully supports KitKat and above. It can also (mostly) support much older versions, but sync adapters and some location providers won't work. It can even uninstall itself from your device, just rename it and flash it again.

Can you give me a little help to find the zips? 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
I'm impressed with this:

This is a simple MicroG installer. It can install MicroG and other stuff into your system partition or as a Magisk module. It supports virtually all mobile architectures (arm/64, x86/64, mips/64) and fully supports KitKat and above. It can also (mostly) support much older versions, but sync adapters and some location providers won't work. It can even uninstall itself from your device, just rename it and flash it again.

Can you give me a little help to find the zips? 🤦‍♂️

First of all in recovery flash:
1-rom.zip
2-microG.zip ( which one is your decision )
3-Select: Wipe Dalvik Cache & Wipe Cache
4-Press 'Reboot System'

Second part, configure the microG:
1.- Open microG Settings
2.- Self check
3.- Should appear all ticked
4.- Press Power Button and select Restart

Reactions: miccca and msbln

msbln

Feb 22, 2018
You are right, but when you type quickly on the keyboard, you keep tapping the icon that covers the key. It's getting a mess all the time.
I can image. I'm lucky, it appears on the left side on my phone.
Nevertheless, I ran a search and came across such a neat line for Pie:
adb shell settings put secure show_rotation_suggestions 0
This or something similar should help.

msbln

Feb 22, 2018
First of all in recovery flash:
1-rom.zip
2-microG.zip ( which one is your decision )
3-Select: Wipe Dalvik Cache & Wipe Cache
4-Press 'Reboot System'

Second part, configure the microG:
1.- Open microG Settings
2.- Self check
3.- Should appear all ticked
4.- Press Power Button and select Restart

Well, I couldn't resist and tried

MinMicroG-MinimalIAP-2.10-20210428084837-signed.zip

but couldn't make the PlayStore to work.

But restoring the Backup with TWRP-3.5.2_9
worked very fast and flawlessly. Good thing to know.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210526-171959_Trebuchet (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20210526-171959_Trebuchet (1).jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:

misotauros

Oct 13, 2019
FYI:
I have had no problems with unresponsiveness - until I tried minMicroG-nogoolag.

I did not use gapps or anything other then f-droid and direkt download of apks I wanted.

After installing minMicroG-nogoolag however one app in particular became completely unusable: ebay-kleinanzeigen.
It now felt like malware and tried to keep in focus. The menu item would not open and it looked like it tried to aggressively download adds (a pumping circle where adds appear) Only after disabling/removing microg with magisk and a reboot it performed and worked well again.
So it seems some apps will try to take advantage of whatever gapps or microg offers and that causes unresponsiveness - maybe someone has more insight into that?

misotauros

Oct 13, 2019
Today I stumbled over a rather peculiar problem:
It seems impossible to pair with an Echo Dot gen. 4 - trying to pair the devices I see the Dot on the serranovelte (running LineageOS 18.1 from May, 9th, 2021) and will be asked if I wanted to allow access to contacts and call history (which I decline).
Then a short bubble will tell me impossible to pair because wrong PIN or passkey.

Never had problems pairing devices before - Echo Dot gen. 2/Soundblaster Jam/JBL Essential - all worked.
Trying to pair with S6 edge running RR7.0.1 with Echo Dot gen 4 worked. Both (serranovelte and S6 edge have Bluetooth 4.0). So the problem lies within this rom?

misotauros

Oct 13, 2019
Today I stumbled over a rather peculiar problem:
It seems impossible to pair with an Echo Dot gen. 4

I did some more digging - went back to Stock ROM - which does work.

Almost every custom ROM I tried failed to pair with the Echo Dot. The only custom Image able to pair so far is rr-oreo-j7-20181017-NIGHTLY-serranovelte.zip, which was made by:
Danil_e71

ugynok

Apr 2, 2012
I found an error in the Caller app: com.android.dialer version 23.0
Setting - Calls - Call forwarding settings: "Call settings error Turn on the radio befire viewing these settings."

After that the radio will be switched off! Before it was on.
Tried with this latest ROM and AOSP latest rom too: It is the same.
After reboot the radio is on again.

So, I cannot enable call forwarding. :(
Is there any other version of this com.android.dialer out there?!

EDIT: The google dialer is acting the same way. :( https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.dialer

EDIT2: lineageos 17.1 also bad, and the 16.x too with "dialer version 19.0".

Ouch, it is a bug! I found it at:
But no solution yet. :(

Last edited:

rom4nb

Sep 24, 2020
I just "dirty flashed" the May 09 release over the April release (just flash without any wipe). Worked fine, all apps and settings are still present.
Thanks mernurisha for the awesome work!

Unfortunately, the stock music app is still missing the "search" button. I like the stock music app much more than other music apps I have tried, so I keep using it, even that this bug is really annoying and I have to scroll a lot.

Signature spoofing is working for me also. I tried to install MicroG manually from F-Droid repositieries: MicroG core, then Fake Store. Worked fine so far. Then I tried to different location services from F-Droid: "LocalGsmNlpBackend" and "MozillaNlpBackend". However, when I wanted to activate the location service in MicroG settings, the app always crashed and closed. So I finally uninstalled everything again and keep using the ROM without MicroG at the moment.

How can you guys update MicroG when you flash MiniMicroG via ZIP file?

EDIT: I tried to open an issue about the missing search button in the music player app. However, LineageOS issues page will close the issue automatically, because custom ROM for serranovelte is not accepted by the LinageOS gitlab page: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/3632
@mernurisha reffering to your post https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-serranovelte-gt-i9195i.4191143/post-84936781 : are you sure that this is an LinageOS issue? I didn't find any related issue on LinageOS gitlab ... Could it be that is just some unfortune configuration of the custom ROM?

EDIT2: I finally found a thread on gitlab, the LineageOS team indeed removed the search functionality in music app in new builds because it caused problems. See here: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/1802#note_326414965
So let's hope that at some point it will be re-implemented. :)

Last edited:

rom4nb

Sep 24, 2020
Thanks mernurisha, I just "dirty flashed" it (via TWRP without any wipes) and the update worked well. :)

However, I detected still two issues:
- the wireless display mirroring is not working. The TV finds the S4 mini smartphone. However, when I want to connect to my TV, the phone reboots as soon as the connection is tried to be established.
- NFC seems not to work. I tried several apps from F-Droid and several cards, but there is nothing detected. Does it work for others?

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
Thanks mernurisha, I just "dirty flashed" it (via TWRP without any wipes) and the update worked well. :)

However, I detected still two issues:
- the wireless display mirroring is not working. The TV finds the S4 mini smartphone. However, when I want to connect to my TV, the phone reboots as soon as the connection is tried to be established.
- NFC seems not to work. I tried several apps from F-Droid and several cards, but there is nothing detected. Does it work for others?

1. Miracast is no longer supported by google since android pie.
2. NFC works for me. Didn't work for you in the previous build either?

kariboo92

Sep 18, 2010
First of all, thanks for the advice. After some modifications in the build here is the result on my device with the last version of Lineage.

View attachment 5309393

I think these scores vary a lot. I do not know if this is reliable.

Hi boss
I just installed latest build lineage-18.1-20210621-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte to benefit this fix, but no luck, still the same score.

Did you include your modifications in lineage-18.1-20210621-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte ?

Thank you boss

3DMarkAndroid_2021-06-30_20-22-19.jpg

Last edited:

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
still the same score.

Did you include your modifications in lineage-18.1-20210621-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte ?
Yes, they have been included. As I said, the app is perhaps suitable for older android versions. Otherwise, I do not know why.
Just the opposite, the last build is more fluid than previous ones and better ram management.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Today I noticed a problem with my external miniSD (exFAT formated). It worked fine since a year, I think. But now I can't access the sd anymore. Futhermore the phone says I should install it again. Now I can choose the usage: removable external SD or internal memory. Both decisions will lead to a formated SD, means data loss. For me no way, it's a 64GB miniSD! So I did some digging. Within TWRP I can access the data, with a PC, too. So at the end no data loss, but I couldn't get the sd to work without reformating using Android 10/11. So there was no workaround, this means work, backup data, reformat sd within android, copy data back. Very annoying! Futhermore I couldn't figure out why the problem occoured in the first place and how to prevent it in the future. Very annoying, too. However this seams to be an exFAT specific problem. Because a reformated sd with FAT32 doesn't show this problem. With FAT32 you will get the same install dialog in the first place, but after that there is no need to reformat, data loss, whatever ... . Therefore my advice for all Android 10 oder 11 users would be, format your external SD to FAT32! Beware of exFAT! Maybe someone can shed some light into it, because I have no explanation for this behavior.
    Had a similar Situation some months ago. Try to copy every "single" file from root directory to a New directory. It helped me, micro SD was still OK but there was a Problem with one of the single files in the root directory. Hope it helps you too!
    Today I noticed a problem with my external miniSD (exFAT formated). It worked fine since a year, I think. But now I can't access the sd anymore. Futhermore the phone says I should install it again. Now I can choose the usage: removable external SD or internal memory. Both decisions will lead to a formated SD, means data loss. For me no way, it's a 64GB miniSD! So I did some digging. Within TWRP I can access the data, with a PC, too. So at the end no data loss, but I couldn't get the sd to work without reformating using Android 10/11. So there was no workaround, this means work, backup data, reformat sd within android, copy data back. Very annoying! Futhermore I couldn't figure out why the problem occoured in the first place and how to prevent it in the future. Very annoying, too. However this seams to be an exFAT specific problem. Because a reformated sd with FAT32 doesn't show this problem. With FAT32 you will get the same install dialog in the first place, but after that there is no need to reformat, data loss, whatever ... . Therefore my advice for all Android 10 oder 11 users would be, format your external SD to FAT32! Beware of exFAT! Maybe someone can shed some light into it, because I have no explanation for this behavior.
    New update is available. Download link on the first page.

- July 2021 security update
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo.

Here is the first Android 11 for Serranovelte GT-I9195I.

Whats working?
    • Almost everything

Installation:

1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (TWRP-3.5.2_9)
    3. Perform a backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    5. Flash rom lineage-18.1
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps opengapps
    7. Reboot

Source code:
    https://github.com/lineageos
    https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 18.1 [SERRANOVELTE GT-I9195I], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
    mernurisha
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Security patch level: July 2021

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-11-16
    Last Updated 2021-07-21
    Hi Guys.
    A new build coming soon with several fixes.
    So please hit the thanks button, if you like my work.
    New build with february security update

- Wifi Hotspot works properly now
    - Expanded menu of USB charging via PC works

lineage-18.1-20210208-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte
    New build with january 2021 security patch

Fixed:
    - LiveDisplay support
    - Screen lock settings

lineage-18.1-20210109-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte

Pictures preview in Snap camera does not work. Only in Gallery app.
    SELinux still in permissive mode.

Enjoy
    Hi. Thanks to mernurisha for this ROM. I just installed it and it works very well. :)

I have a question: I don't want to install GApps but I consider having MicroG. For MicroG there is signature spoofing needed. Is this somehow possible with this ROM and if yes does anyone have a hint how to do it?

All the best, rom4nb

Next build will have the signature spoofing support. Be patient.

I think I have found a bug:
    The search function is missing in the music app. There is usually a search button in the music app next to the three dots that open the menu.
    See the attached screenshots: on the left Galaxy S4 Mini with missing search, on the right how it should be (here example from my other Samsung Smartphone)
    As it is the system music app I see no way to reinstall the app myself. Maybe it's a bug of the ROM? Can someone confirm this bug?View attachment 5280185

This is lineage mistake (I guess since android 9 or 10), has nothing to do with this build.
    Use another music player.
    You can also try this build. I made this for fun :cool:
    lineage-15.1-20210415-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte
    This TWRP-3.3.1-0-serranovelte is required.
    Will reinstall help? Or do I need to find another app?
    Do you know which pedometer app is compatible with this rom?

I don't know if my device has built-in step counter.
    It is displayed in AIDA64, but I think we have different hardware.
    Try with this app: Accupedo. In the settings change Sensing method to internal g-sensor.

GPS also works for me. VoLTE is not supported by my network operator, so I cannot test it.

But I found another problem yesterday: when I want to share the screen over WIFI, I see the TV and I can start the connection (TV also shows connection in progress). But as soon as you think connection is now established and the screen should be shared, the phone reboots. I tried several times, the screen share always triggered a reboot.

As Nokono said, the VoLTE problem is well known. The problem with screencast in the last LOS rom, unfortunately can not say anything about it. I use the AEX rom and the mirroring via chromcast to TV works fine.
    However, in the next May LOS update will also work.