• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][Signature Spoofing/MicroG][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 18.1 [SERRANOVELTE GT-I9195I]

Search This thread

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
Reactions: ugynok

JFK1975

New update with some fixes:

- Call forwarding working
- GPS signal improvement

Download link on the first page.
THX for your hard work! Could you pls renew the download link? Because it says the link doesn't work anymore.(404 not found)
Once again thank you @mernurisha. Nice weekend for all of you.

Reactions: mernurisha

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
THX for your hard work! Could you pls renew the download link? Because it says the link doesn't work anymore.(404 not found)
Once again thank you @mernurisha. Nice weekend for all of you.
Hi JFK1975,
I have deleted the download link because there was an issue (sms) with the last build.
The new fixed build will be ready for download again in about an hour.

Nice weekend

rom4nb

Sep 24, 2020
Thanks mernurisha for your work. I am downloading and plan to upgrade from the July build to the current september build.

GPS worked for me but I also noticed that the first localization takes long time.

There is a bug that I noticed, that is maybe connected to this issue from @msbln . The camera seems to lose the connection from time to time. When the camera connection is lost (in random manner?), in Singal, only a black image is shown, my campera app (OpenCamera) will show an message "camera cannot be connected". etc. The only solution to resolve the issue of not-connected camera is a reboot of the entire system.

Another problem is about the camera in the Telegram app. "In app preview of the picture" in Telegram, the camera shows a green edge and blurry lines, however after taking the photo, it is just fine. See the attached images (first the preview in the app and then the photo that is actually taken).

So I suppose there is a driver problem with the camera somehow?

image1.pngimage2.jpeg

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
Thanks mernurisha for your work. I am downloading and plan to upgrade from the July build to the current september build.

GPS worked for me but I also noticed that the first localization takes long time.

There is a bug that I noticed, that is maybe connected to this issue from @msbln . The camera seems to lose the connection from time to time. When the camera connection is lost (in random manner?), in Singal, only a black image is shown, my campera app (OpenCamera) will show an message "camera cannot be connected". etc. The only solution to resolve the issue of not-connected camera is a reboot of the entire system.

Another problem is about the camera in the Telegram app. "In app preview of the picture" in Telegram, the camera shows a green edge and blurry lines, however after taking the photo, it is just fine. See the attached images (first the preview in the app and then the photo that is actually taken).

So I suppose there is a driver problem with the camera somehow?

View attachment 5414415View attachment 5414417

You don't have to reboot the system when camera hangs.
Simply go into the Settings-app info-camera or opencamera and clear storage/cache.
You can also catch a log and post it here (i have had no problems with the camera).
I can't say anything about the camera in telegram, I don't use it myself.
Maybe try with other preview resolutions.

Hello there!
I have a few small issues with this ROM.
First, if I launch the camera from the lockscreen with the shortcut (double tap the on/off-button) the camera can't connect. I don't know whether this is known or can be fixed, but it'd be nice if you could look at it.
Second, the mobile network menu is kinda unreliable and freezes often. I'm from Germany, my internet provider is Telekom.
I don't want to sound demanding, this is mostly for documentation.
Thanks for all the effort with this ROM!

Reactions: ugynok

ugynok

Apr 2, 2012
Second, the mobile network menu is kinda unreliable and freezes often. I'm from Germany, my internet provider is Telekom.
Did your previous build work well on Telekom "mobile network menu" ? I provided an issue previously about telekom: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/2206

Update: Tried the newest version (lineage-18.1-20210918-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte.zip, dirty flashed it) and GPS isn't working! :(
I got multiple satellites in view, but 0 in use! :( There are no SNR.
The previous build was better (lineage-18.1-20210913-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte.zip), I got many "in use", and had SNR.
For sure: Cleared the AGPS data, with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest
@mernurisha: Please fix that GPS issue! Thanks for your work.

Last edited:

fassal

Dec 1, 2017
GPS is working for me. However, I can't turn on the flashlight. It says "camera in use", which is not true. The camera itself works fine. Anyone else with that issue?

msbln

Feb 22, 2018
Hello there!
First, if I launch the camera from the lockscreen with the shortcut (double tap the on/off-button) the camera can't connect. I don't know whether this is known or can be fixed, but it'd be nice if you could look at it.
Yeah, same here:
Cannot connect to camera issue (from screenlock on double press on power button)

msbln

Feb 22, 2018
Opening camera by double pressing the power button works.
Sorry, I was unprecise. Does double pressing the power button to launch camera work with screenlock active ? Not life essential, but would be great to quickly shoot a pic without unlocking the screenlock. My gut feeling is that the camera becomes ready just a few millisecs later than internally expected. Because it is active behind the error message "cannot connect to camera".

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
Sorry, I was unprecise. Does double pressing the power button to launch camera work with screenlock active ? Not life essential, but would be great to quickly shoot a pic without unlocking the screenlock. My gut feeling is that the camera becomes ready just a few millisecs later than internally expected. Because it is active behind the error message "cannot connect to camera".
Did your previous build work well on Telekom "mobile network menu" ? I provided an issue previously about telekom: https://gitlab.com/LineageOS/issues/android/-/issues/2206

Update: Tried the newest version (lineage-18.1-20210918-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte.zip, dirty flashed it) and GPS isn't working! :(
I got multiple satellites in view, but 0 in use! :( There are no SNR.
The previous build was better (lineage-18.1-20210913-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte.zip), I got many "in use", and had SNR.
For sure: Cleared the AGPS data, with https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chartcross.gpstest
@mernurisha: Please fix that GPS issue! Thanks for your work.
I will check this.

TartempionVD

Oct 12, 2020
This is not because of the ROM, I would say. GPS works fine and fast for me.
Hello,
I found the previous version (lineage-18.1-20210822-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte) and the GPS works. I then updated to the current version (lineage-18.1-20210918-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte) and the GPS works too! I now have battery drain problems that I cannot explain to myself. Fully charged in the evening, it only has 40% in the morning. I need to investigate. At this time I will not be installing this version on my second i9195i until I get better performance and reliability.
Thank you again for your help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New build is available. Download link on the first page.

- October 2021 security update
    GPS is working and better than two releases ago! I got 0 lock in the previous build, but 0913 version is good! :)

EDIT: I got plenty locked satellites, but NO gps position. I was on a plain, so no obstacles were there.
    I walked a km and nothing happened: NO GPS lock. :( So I still cannot use GPS reliably.

I noticed that the sms service is slow, when the phone is left screen locked, sms doesn't come. When I open the screen, suddenly I got plenty of smses. Weird. Battery saver is off.

That some people have problems with the GPS, I can not explain.
    I will today upload another rom to test (crDroidAndroid). I use the build for a few days now and GPS works fine for me.
    The issue with sms reception delay is in my opinion due to the AOSP source. This is known since Android 10. I always use the sms app from google.

Edit:

crDroidAndroid-11.0-20211017-serranovelte-v7.11

After the fresh installation of the new build, the GPS lock may take some time.
    After that goes quickly.
    Hello there!
    New build is available. Download link on the first page.

- October 2021 security update
    Thank you mernurisha for your work. The ROM is almost perfect.
    Camera has bugs. Installing OpenCamera solves the problem.
    OpenGApps slows down the system. BiTGApps makes the system very fast.
    I hope my comments will be useful.
    You don't have to reboot the system when camera hangs.
    Simply go into the Settings-app info-camera or opencamera and clear storage/cache.
    You can also catch a log and post it here (i have had no problems with the camera).
    I can't say anything about the camera in telegram, I don't use it myself.
    Maybe try with other preview resolutions.
    Thanks mernurisha for the new update. :) I just flashed LinageOS Octobe build.

I still see occasional problems with camera (the weird camera signal in Telegram, sometime "crash" of camera which causes a plain dark screen on Signal or an error message in "Open Camera" (see attached screenshot). I tried your trick with clearing storage/cache of the "Open Camera" when this occurs but it seemed to not help? Reboot helps always. The crashes seem to happen randomly, at least I haven't noticed a pattern so far.

Regarding GPS: for me it works fine in your LineageOS 18 ROM. :) It takes some time to find initial signal but that has been like this in all phones I've used so far with Android OpenSource (without Google location service etc). So I think it is "normal" in this ROM. :)
    I found however that the first GPS location is faster when the data connection is on (maybe the phone does an update of satelite positions or something?) so maybe this can help some people here having problems.
    2okPze5.png

LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android, which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
    LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed.
    All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo.

Here is the first Android 11 for Serranovelte GT-I9195I.

Whats working?
    • Almost everything

Installation:

1. Download the zip(s)
    2. Install a compatible Recovery (TWRP-3.5.2_9)
    3. Perform a backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    4. Make a full wipe (system, data, cache, dalvik)
    5. Flash rom lineage-18.1
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps opengapps
    7. Reboot

Source code:
    https://github.com/lineageos
    https://github.com/Galaxy-MSM8916

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][11.0][UNOFFICIAL]LineageOS 18.1 [SERRANOVELTE GT-I9195I], ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini

Contributors
    mernurisha
    ROM OS Version: Android 11
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    Security patch level: October 2021

Version Information
    Stable

Created 2020-11-16
    Last Updated 2021-10-13
    Hi Guys.
    A new build coming soon with several fixes.
    So please hit the thanks button, if you like my work.
    New build with january 2021 security patch

Fixed:
    - LiveDisplay support
    - Screen lock settings

lineage-18.1-20210109-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte

Pictures preview in Snap camera does not work. Only in Gallery app.
    SELinux still in permissive mode.

Enjoy
    New update is available. Download link on the first page.

- August 2021 security update
    New build with february security update

- Wifi Hotspot works properly now
    - Expanded menu of USB charging via PC works

lineage-18.1-20210208-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte