[ROM][11.0][12L][UNOFFICIAL][MicroG support]LineageOS 18.1/19.1 [SERRANOVELTE GT-I9195I]

Search This thread

rom4nb

Sep 24, 2020
GPS also works for me. VoLTE is not supported by my network operator, so I cannot test it.

But I found another problem yesterday: when I want to share the screen over WIFI, I see the TV and I can start the connection (TV also shows connection in progress). But as soon as you think connection is now established and the screen should be shared, the phone reboots. I tried several times, the screen share always triggered a reboot.

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
Hi. Thanks to mernurisha for this ROM. I just installed it and it works very well. :)

I have a question: I don't want to install GApps but I consider having MicroG. For MicroG there is signature spoofing needed. Is this somehow possible with this ROM and if yes does anyone have a hint how to do it?

All the best, rom4nb

Next build will have the signature spoofing support. Be patient.

I think I have found a bug:
The search function is missing in the music app. There is usually a search button in the music app next to the three dots that open the menu.
See the attached screenshots: on the left Galaxy S4 Mini with missing search, on the right how it should be (here example from my other Samsung Smartphone)
As it is the system music app I see no way to reinstall the app myself. Maybe it's a bug of the ROM? Can someone confirm this bug?View attachment 5280185

This is lineage mistake (I guess since android 9 or 10), has nothing to do with this build.
Use another music player.
You can also try this build. I made this for fun :cool:
lineage-15.1-20210415-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte
This TWRP-3.3.1-0-serranovelte is required.
Will reinstall help? Or do I need to find another app?
Do you know which pedometer app is compatible with this rom?

I don't know if my device has built-in step counter.
It is displayed in AIDA64, but I think we have different hardware.
Try with this app: Accupedo. In the settings change Sensing method to internal g-sensor.

GPS also works for me. VoLTE is not supported by my network operator, so I cannot test it.

But I found another problem yesterday: when I want to share the screen over WIFI, I see the TV and I can start the connection (TV also shows connection in progress). But as soon as you think connection is now established and the screen should be shared, the phone reboots. I tried several times, the screen share always triggered a reboot.

As Nokono said, the VoLTE problem is well known. The problem with screencast in the last LOS rom, unfortunately can not say anything about it. I use the AEX rom and the mirroring via chromcast to TV works fine.
However, in the next May LOS update will also work.

Last edited:

rom4nb

Sep 24, 2020
This is lineage mistake (I guess since android 9 or 10), has nothing to do with this build.
Use another music player.
You can also try this build. I made this for fun :cool:
lineage-15.1-20210415-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte
This TWRP is required.
Hello mernurisha. :) Thank you for your answer. :)

Do I understand rightly that you fixed the music app bug with missing search in this "for fun made build"? :)
How can I install it over the last ROM? Is there any way for "dirty install" to keep my apps and configs? When I do clean install with wipe etc. I have factory reset as well.

kariboo92

Sep 18, 2010
Hi,
thanks mernurisha,
this ROM is working fine, better than ever.

Btw I noticed that graphic performance is not as good as it could be, and not as good as the last Samsung official stock ROM based on KitKat 4.4.4.
I wonder if this could be a hardware driver issue or version ?

When using 3D Mark benchmark version 1.7.3516 ( last version compatible with KitKat 4.4.4 ) availaible on apkpure.com

https://apkpure.com/fr/3dmark-—-the-gamer-s-benchmark/com.futuremark.dmandroid.application/download/3516-APK?from=popup/version

the same benchmark is showing significant differences:

Using Samsung Stock ROM I9195IXXU1AOE1_I9195IOXX1AOF1_XEF:

I9195IXXU1AOE1_I9195IOXX1AOF1_XEF_1.jpgI9195IXXU1AOE1_I9195IOXX1AOF1_XEF_2.jpg

Using lineage-18.1-20210509-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte:
lineage-18.1-20210509-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte_1.jpglineage-18.1-20210509-UNOFFICIAL-serranovelte_2.jpg

Do you have an idea why this (hardware driver issue, OpenGL librarie difference, driver version, 64 bits ? )

I can do additionnal tests if needed.

Thank you

x53

May 8, 2013
Look at the blue graph. LineageOS 11 looks like software rendering, because CPU usage is much higher than stock rom. Just a hunch.

Check developer settings. There are graphic driver settings per App and HW-Overlay. Maybe they have some affect?!

Btw the used app version is good enough for old kitkat os but maybe not optimized for the new lineage os?

Last edited:
Reactions: kariboo92

mernurisha

Oct 6, 2018
Do you have an idea why this (hardware driver issue, OpenGL librarie difference, driver version, 64 bits ? )

I can do additionnal tests if needed.

Thank you

First of all, thanks for the advice. After some modifications in the build here is the result on my device with the last version of Lineage.

3DMarkAndroid_2021-05-14_22-11-28.jpg

I think these scores vary a lot. I do not know if this is reliable.

Last edited:

kariboo92

Sep 18, 2010
I think these scores vary a lot. I do not know if this is reliable.

From what I've seen, the score is quite reliable and does not vary much ( only a few percents ).

I've noticed the big score difference with the original stock ROM from the beginning since the firsts LineageOS 15.1 unofficial ROM you've released.

But anyway it is not a big issue as the Lineage ROM is working fine.

Your work allows to still be able to use I9195I device, as many apps are not anymore compatible with latest Samsung official ROM, which is now obsolete and unusable.

I'm still attached to this small light device, with its IR infrared (to control TV and Air Cooling in hotels) , removable battery and FM Radio. So thank you again.

msbln

Feb 22, 2018
Alright, now my device is also running on Android 11.
- Magisk and AdAway are running
- Bluetooth seems fine
- SD-Card is recognized
Phone is much more responsive than on Android 10!!
Maybe that's also due to BitGApps (R26) that I tried today the first time.

Last edited:

msbln

Feb 22, 2018
I'm still attached to this small light device, with its IR infrared (to control TV and Air Cooling in hotels) , removable battery and FM Radio. So thank you again.
Yeah, it's a pity they don't produce phones of that kind and put some more power into it. So, thanks Mernurisha to keep it alive. Btw, how do you control TV and other IR-receivers? Do you always download the set of IR commands for each device? Not very important here, but an interesting thought at midnight :)

Last edited:

Nokono

Sep 6, 2019
Realme 6 Pro
Realme 6
Yeah, it's a pity they don't produce phones of that kind and put some more power into it. So, thanks Mernurisha to keep it alive. Btw, how do you control TV and other IR-receivers? Do you always download the set of IR commands for each device? Not very important here, but an interesting thought at midnight :)
There are a lot of apps for IR. For example SURE Universal remote.

msbln

Feb 22, 2018
With screenlock enabled using the double press on/off-button to quickly shoot a photo leads to the "Can't connect to camera" message and I would have to tap on "ok" and repeat once or twice. Without screenlock (i.e. set to swipe or when unlocked) it works always the first time.
I believe it's some sort of a timing problem, because the camera IS active "behind" the error message:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210517-103233.jpg
    Screenshot_20210517-103233.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 12

msbln

Feb 22, 2018
A little question:

If custom ROMs for Samsung devices don't support VoLTE,
what will happen when only LTE is available ?

VoIP via messenger apps should still work,
or am I confusing something ?

Top Liked Posts