• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][taimen] PixelExperience [AOSP][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
any reason why this won't restore my text messages? Kind of a deal-breaker for me. When on back up says it's a "pixel 5" is that why? This rom doesn't come with google messenger as part of the gapps so I'm guessing thats why i cant restore my messages as I have to download it from the app store.
What program did you use to backup / restore messages with? I don't have any issue with restoring; I typically use the Gapps version, but even when I dont have Google's default messaging app, it's been fine.

Reactions: palimatix

xflbret

Mar 15, 2013
Tucson, AZ
What program did you use to backup / restore messages with? I don't have any issue with restoring; I typically use the Gapps version, but even when I dont have Google's default messaging app, it's been fine.
There is something broken with the text message program in the June build. It corrects itself in the install process, but not until after the point where text messages are usually restored. I poked and prodded looking for a workaround, but I just didn't find one. So, this is what I did...

I reflashed with the May build. I allowed all the restore processed to complete, which they did successfully. Then, I did a system upgrade to the June build. I've been running like this for a couple of weeks or so, and I can't recall having any problems at all.

PieOfJustice

Feb 15, 2011
Error: GPS Unavailable
Download the lastest Magisk APK from its official Github and then change the file extension to .zip and it will automatically become a flashable package.

Then, download the lastest img of TWRP and boot it temporarily in order to flash the zip file.

I was pulling my hair out trying to extract the img file from the BIN files. That is so much easier! Thank you.

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
How do I get Google Pay to work?

Cards are added and no error messages - just doesn't work at credit card terminals.

Thank you

Basics #1

Is MagiskHide turned on and are you passing SafetyNet?

Basics #2

Does Google Play Store say certified?

Google Play -> Settings -> About -> Last line

If not:

Airplane mode on
Wipe data for Google Play Store & Google Play Services,
Reboot
Airplane mode off
Wait 5 minutes
Check Google Play Store status again

BlakeDC

Oct 18, 2010
Just an FYI, and I'm not blaming the ROM for this (I don't know what the fault is, but I personally am leaning away from the ROM for blame), getting this on Google Fi is a huge pain in the ass, and something I haven't accomplished yet.

No one answered by question about esim. So, I went ahead and ordered a sim from Google. Wifi calling worked fine, but when using the sim it just would not make or receive calls or texts. I spent about two hours in a chat window with a Google tech last night, and he couldn't figure it out. So, they kicked me up to their next level support and I'm waiting to hear back.
Did you by chance figure this out? I'm in the same boat. I'm probably going to revert to stock today bc I won't be at home and somebody might need to call me or even text. Fi is only working on WiFi and I went through a bunch of steps with support with no result and I doubt it's their fault.

If you found a rom that works with fi, please let me know. I want security updates but I feel like a working phone is a better turnout.

Deltafox79

Oct 20, 2008
@PixelBoot

How to enable the battery percentage left in the top bar? On pixel 2 xl it seems not to work the option is enabled but no % is present on top bar... any info?

Screenshot_20210717-193512_Impostazioni.png

Last edited:

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
This ROM is unmaintained - you will receive updates from the PixelExperience team such as security patches, but device-specific bugs like that one won't be fixed anymore.

You've been asked before not to spread misinformation....

When you create a ROM then you can make statements about its status...

msshaikh1717

Aug 3, 2018
I tried Lineage and now this.... Both rom are great. I donno about others but this rom didn't had default messaging and Alarm app. Hope I flashed the rom correctly. Can anyone confirm me on this?

Jun 1, 2017
Google Pixel 4
Hi everyone,
I'm interested in flashing this ROM on my 2 XL.
I apologize for my ignorance.
Is it necessary to unlock bootloader to flash this ROM? Maybe launching custom recovery temporary using adb commands. I would like to use GPay without using Magisk and I think I understand that this issue is caused by bootloader unlocked.
If I can avoid unlocking bootloader, would be possible updating system to next PE versions without a custom recovery installed?

palimatix

Jan 18, 2011
Bangalore
Hi everyone,
I'm interested in flashing this ROM on my 2 XL.
I apologize for my ignorance.
Is it necessary to unlock bootloader to flash this ROM? Maybe launching custom recovery temporary using adb commands. I would like to use GPay without using Magisk and I think I understand that this issue is caused by bootloader unlocked.
If I can avoid unlocking bootloader, would be possible updating system to next PE versions without a custom recovery installed?

Custom ROM needs bootloader to be unlocked. And under no case should you lock the bootloader after flashing a custom ROM.

The case of GPay is with safety Net these days. Custom ROMs that are taking care of that by faking device fingerprints / model names etc are doing fine with Gpay and other banking apps. PE was ok when i tried few months back but havent flashed PE for a while. But pretty much all ROMs like Arrow, Proton, PD have Gpay working and this should too.

Use temp(fastboot boot ) custom recovery for flashing updates. never flash twrp zip as it's not compatible with 2xl

Top Liked Posts