[ROM][11.0][taimen] PixelExperience [AOSP][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
Hi Pixel Experience team,

Can battery charge limit be added to feature list?
This can prolong the battery life, since most of them will be using a 3 year old phone.

Im just guessing thats going to be a no, but i will give you some leads in the meantime:

This can be achieved by several apps and at least one magisk module available (Acc) in the magisk repo or here:

Note theres also a companion app for Acc named AccA - also linked in the thread above

Added bonus, you can also set it to slow charge if youre really into preserving battery...i always have mine limited to 500mA

Last edited:

yayakuya

Jul 25, 2012
C:\Earth\Asia\Indonesia\Tangerang
Awesome. Im considering switching from PD to PE just because of this. Does any1 know the steps to do this without losing my data in internal storage?
boot into twrp, wipe dalvik & data, flash Rom, flash twrp.zip...
reboot recovery, flash twrp.zip, flash magisk if needed, reboot system.

i always keep current system (no wipe it) from current active slot to avoid boot failure on new flashed Rom.

knn130

Dec 23, 2020
boot into twrp, wipe dalvik & data, flash Rom, flash twrp.zip...
reboot recovery, flash twrp.zip, flash magisk if needed, reboot system.

i always keep current system (no wipe it) from current active slot to avoid boot failure on new flashed Rom.
Thank you very much. 1 thing tho. Doesnt flashing twrp onto a11 cause bootloop

knn130

Dec 23, 2020
nope... i never get back to A10 & always do that while switching any A11 ROMs.

use twrp 3.5 that support for A11, don't use old 3.3
So i installed PE. AMAZING rom so far. Just enough customization and unreal battery life. I took it off charging at 630 am from 100% and at 6pm its on 52% with moderate/heavy usage. Amazing. Kudos to the devs. As far as twrp goes, im not a very experienced user and ive lost all my data once so i didnt risk it. I guess i can just fastboot it whenever i need it. Thank you for your tips 😃

mrroks

Nov 23, 2012
Karachi
NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 2XL [taimen]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog
does this rom has active edge and ability to disable right swipe completely of system gesture like evolution x?

RedP90D

Nov 24, 2017
I am on DU 14.7 and tried to flash PE+ 11....but little stuck....i followed the steps on the website....

so i downloaded the latest PE+ 11, and recovery file.
Rebooted the device into bootloader
flashed the temp recovery >>
Factory rest the data as suggested,
then performed ADB Sideload xxx.zip and it said "finding update package"...."installing update".

but it didnt show any progress, then after about later it went to the Pixel Recovery screen so i rebooted the phone.

The phone rebooted but its showing the DU14.7 boot animation and stuck on this screen, so i tried the above flashing steps again and now its stuck at "finding update package"...."installing update".

did another force reboot after waiting ages and then when i go back to recovery it says" E: Failed to bind mount /mnt/staging/emulated/media/0 to storage /storage/emulated: No such file or directory".

i guess im missing a step or doing something wrong....or do i need to go back to stock google and then start again?

Thanks
I have issues with twrp so i follow a work around that takes a little longer but works great.

follow the steps on this link. it works like a charm every time

RedP90D

Nov 24, 2017
It's not record the call in my device ,I wanted to record the call any other options please help any one and please suggest me how to record call in pixel experience.
SKValex call recorder is best.

after install, allow super user access. then go into the hamburger menu and go to settings, recording and choose standard api in recording method option. then go to standard api menu and click on audio source and choose voice call uplink and downlink option.

this will allow call recording using speakerphone, on ear, headphones and bluetooth.

these are the settings for my pixel 2xl

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
SKValex call recorder is best.

after install, allow super user access. then go into the hamburger menu and go to settings, recording and choose standard api in recording method option. then go to standard api menu and click on audio source and choose voice call uplink and downlink option.

this will allow call recording using speakerphone, on ear, headphones and bluetooth.

these are the settings for my pixel 2xl

fwiw, i have the opposite experience, Axets Call recorder records perfectly

When testing Skvalex on Proton just now (and i used to use it on my Note 4 for years) it failed to record anything at all, no matter the settings

Go figure....i dont even mind that while i have a paid license for Skvalex, Axets the one that works and its free.... :)

Maybe ill revisit next time i test PE

RedP90D

Nov 24, 2017
quite a few issues i am running into.

signal video calls drop after 9 minutes
titanium backup gets stuck at 54% every time
apps lock up constantly

I moved from pixeldust that had no issues and wiped everything before flashing.

whoadood

Oct 11, 2012
Another issue I have (besides the random white flash when I turn the screen on/off) is that the phone freezes after a few minutes of being charged while it's turned off to the point where you have to reset it pressing all the buttons.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone