[ROM][11.0][taimen] PixelExperience [AOSP][OFFICIAL]

Search This thread

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
You are not alone ! :)
Am facing it too for the first time in PE. Mine happens when its in idle state. That is even more confusing.
The issue of agresssive proc has crept into here as well. Devs really need to iron out such forced efforts related check-ins in GIT.

@PixelBoot ....

Cheers for confirming @palimatix

Im used to most 11 ROMs being overly aggressive in the push for performance, i just wish devs would choose stability over performance and benchmarks....this build seems to be over the top. My Active 2 breaks connection every 30 seconds at worst (yes i have the relevant package non-battery optimized)...very annoying to have my wrist vibrate all the time...

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
Rolling back to previous version. I very nearly threw my phone out of the window today...as I was trying to do things like pay for my transport pass the bloody notification sound was sounding every 30 seconds as background processes were being killed...ones that kept my transport pass payment from going through...I was worried I was going to get double or triple charged...

My watch continually getting it's connection severed every 30 seconds and the notification chimes that the watch apps were then restarting was also maddening...

The latest build is borked

New Proton build is up, might test that for a while

My top tip for PE...stop building for performance, its killing the ROM's stability

Proton gets it right

Last edited:

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Does anyone else experiencing issues with the app switcher lagging at times, and Google Pay randomly not working at a merchant in real time, and having to do a phone reboot to fix the issue?

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Does anyone else experiencing issues with the app switcher lagging at times, and Google Pay randomly not working at a merchant in real time, and having to do a phone reboot to fix the issue?

Singularity_iOS

May 13, 2014
NSW
Thanks for this ROM, it is working great and has double the performance of my phone and battery life.

Everything is working well except android auto. It keeps going into a weird state where it can't launch when plugged in. The car screen goes back and the phone says it's in driving mode but AA does not load. I have to then unplug, go into settings and force stop AA. Then it works after that. It seems to happen 2/3 times. 1/3 it works as intended.

I've tested in both my car (using Headunit reloaded AA emulator) and on a real car (Kia Cerato) and the same issue happens on both.

Please advise if there is anything I can try? Didn't have this issue on stock or previous room (PixelDust)

Is this a known issue? Still having to force close AA each day to get it working.

The other issue I am having unrelated to AA, is 90% of the time google assistant will cancel as soon as I tap the mic, making it unusable.

RetroTech07

Apr 24, 2021
Which version (date) are you using, if its the 14/05 build, it has some serious issues, which are literally covered above your first post

Use the 24/04 build....
I read the issues but you don't have to be aggressive in your replies. How am I to know what all the issues are unless I ask?

Uttam KP

Nov 23, 2016
NFjZzFl.png

PixelExperience for Google Pixel 2XL [taimen]

What is this?

PixelExperience is an AOSP based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot animation)

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11.0

Whats working?
Wi-Fi
RIL
Mobile data
GPS
Camera
Flashlight
Camcorder
Bluetooth
FM radio
Lights
Sound/vibration

Known issues
Nothing yet
You tell me

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
Download from PixelExperience website

Donate
Liked my work? Give me a beer

Translation
Help with project translation

Stay tuned
Our Telegram channel
Our blog
Can anyone explain me how the battery backup is from Screen On Time manner..... plz

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
How much SoT (screen on time) could i get on average

SoT is not something ive thought about since my last device to be honest

Personally since Android 11 im generally looking for stability

I really dont monitor SoT, since being stuck at home, that was something that was far more important before COVID when i was out every day :)

But someone else may be able to give you their experience

Most ROM's come with stockish kernels. If you want more customisability, look at:

Sultan Kernel Plus

and maybe use this to fiddle with the settings:

SmartPack Kernel Manager

or a popular alternate kernel:

Elemental X

I would suggest ElementalX-P2-4.07 as the current one (4.10) via the Ex Kernal Manager bootloops for most people

Please note: Kernels are best flashed via TRWP, which is generally best to fastboot on Android 11

i.e.

with platform tools downloaded (and USB debugging enabled) at a command prompt:

adb reboot bootloader
fastboot boot twrp-xxxx.img

enable adb sideload in TWRP

then adb sideload <kernal.zip>

then

adb reboot system

From memory these kernels dont require you to reflash magisk - at least ElementalX didnt when i flashed it last night for the first time in ages...if you do need to flash magisk again, you can flash it using the same commands above, substituting:

adb sideload <magisk.zip>

download latest version of magisk app, rename to magisk.zip

Note: You *may need to install the magisk app (apk) after flashing this way. I keep a copy of the magisk.apk and a renamed magisk.zip for this reason.

Last edited:

tekhtime

Feb 25, 2020
Hi, I have two questions which probably have already been asked:

- Do we need to wipe internal storage when flashing from Stock ROM?
- Can we flash without TWRP recovery? If yes, how are OTA updates applied?

Thanks

Singularity_iOS

May 13, 2014
NSW

Thanks

Not sure about wiping internal storage, but I know that they have included their own OTA app in the ROM and it works flawlessly. never missed a beat so far for me. I get an update every month with the latest security patch.

Reactions: tekhtime

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL

Thanks

While its always best to backup sdcard (internal) and wipe, on most ROMs you can usually get by by deleting the /sdcard/Android folder via file manager in TWRP (fastbooted) if coming from another ROM, for first install

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
Does this have Wi-Fi Calling for supported carriers?

not for me, but you can try this magisk module, works for me:

magisk module: VoLTE_enabler_pixel_2_v1_1

and you may need (according to this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-enable-volte-for-unsupported-carriers.3892659/post-84359011) - i cant remember if i needed it when i tested it:

magisk module: selinux_permissive_v2

source (note you dont need to do all the crazy stuff in the OP, just flash the attached module, linked above) :

Is it working?
  • dial *#*#4636#*#*
  • Phone information-3dots-IMS service status
  • If IMS Registration: Registered and Voice over LTE: Available you won
  • after update with factory images you will have to re-do this steps

Last edited:

Riddlah

Oct 17, 2010
Google Pixel 4 XL
not for me, but you can try this magisk module, works for me:

magisk module: VoLTE_enabler_pixel_2_v1_1

and you may need (according to this https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-enable-volte-for-unsupported-carriers.3892659/post-84359011) - i cant remember if i needed it when i tested it:

magisk module: selinux_permissive_v2

source (note you dont need to do all the crazy stuff in the OP, just flash the attached module, linked above) :

Is it working?
  • dial *#*#4636#*#*
  • Phone information-3dots-IMS service status
  • If IMS Registration: Registered and Voice over LTE: Available you won
  • after update with factory images you will have to re-do this steps
Thanks for this. Just finished flashing and installed the VoLTE_enabler_pixel_2_v1_1 module. The Wi-Fi Calling options were available and confirmed I could make a call with airplane mode enabled.

Reactions: 73sydney

73sydney

Jul 21, 2018
Sydney
Google Pixel 2 XL
@PixelBoot

The ROM still has killing issues, now its killing wifi routinely....first it marks it as Low Quality (first time ive EVER seen that in Android history), and then it kills the WiFi completely

Anyone else confirm?

PixelExperience_Plus_taimen-11.0-20210524-1614-OFFICIAL it seems is still borkey

Last version that works well (not perfectly) is PixelExperience_Plus_taimen-11.0-20210424-1334-OFFICIAL.zip

Top Liked Posts