• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[ROM][11.0][TULIP][OFFICIAL] Pixel Extended [AOSP][20201/11/21]

Search This thread

teteu86

Sep 22, 2012
Hi.
I would like to install this ROM into my phone.

Problem is, I just changed its screen, and I could start into stock ROM just once.
I then tried to unlock it following instructions from Xiaomi and creating account and stuff.
But their software never gave me a successful feedback.

Then I simply wanted to factory reset it, and I think reset didn't go as supposed, since now I have got the device trying to boot (screen Mi goes on), but it doesn't (screen Mi goes off). And it keeps like this.

I eventually could go onto bootloader fastboot, and got the following:
(bootloader) Verity mode: true
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: false
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
OKAY [ 0.007s]
Finished. Total time: 0.007s

How should I proceed now? I cannot find any tutorial on how to unlock it only through fastboot.

aswindevsp

Jan 10, 2016
Hi.
I would like to install this ROM into my phone.

Problem is, I just changed its screen, and I could start into stock ROM just once.
I then tried to unlock it following instructions from Xiaomi and creating account and stuff.
But their software never gave me a successful feedback.

Then I simply wanted to factory reset it, and I think reset didn't go as supposed, since now I have got the device trying to boot (screen Mi goes on), but it doesn't (screen Mi goes off). And it keeps like this.

I eventually could go onto bootloader fastboot, and got the following:
(bootloader) Verity mode: true
(bootloader) Device unlocked: false
(bootloader) Device critical unlocked: false
(bootloader) Charger screen enabled: false
OKAY [ 0.007s]
Finished. Total time: 0.007s

How should I proceed now? I cannot find any tutorial on how to unlock it only through fastboot.

Flash the stock rom using the mi flash too. If your bootloader is not unlocked you need to boot into edl mode to flash the stock rom. Booting to edl mode consists of opening your phone. Check on YouTube how to boot into edl mode for resmi note 6 pro. After booting to edl mode you could sucessfuly flash the stock rom.

teteu86

Sep 22, 2012
Flash the stock rom using the mi flash too. If your bootloader is not unlocked you need to boot into edl mode to flash the stock rom. Booting to edl mode consists of opening your phone. Check on YouTube how to boot into edl mode for resmi note 6 pro. After booting to edl mode you could sucessfuly flash the stock rom.

Right. Then basically, I need to:
1- boot into edl mode,
2- flash stock ROM with mi flash,
3- boot into stock ROM,
4- unlock bootloader with mi account, as usual,
5- flash recovery TWRP,
6- boot into recovery,
7- flash pixel and restart.

Would that be right?

dj5254

Dec 12, 2020
I feel the touch is bit off, for any character in keyboard you need to touch bit up. Not sure if anybody else facing this issue.

maanudaata

Jan 1, 2021
Great work man. Really love your work. I am having some issues. My WhatsApp, voice recorder and camera is not recording sound and I have granted all permissions but when I clear cache of WhatsApp and restart mobile,it records sound for first time then it doesn't. Kindly look into that matter.
Thanks again

djbosanac

THIS ROM is really unstable, laggy and not working fine compared now to the LINEAGEOS17 ''official build''

I tried to use the Pixel-Extended, but to much not working fine, laggy, slow not working fine at all.

The notification light blinking constantly and really fast.
The UI is not smooth at all.
Fingerprint scanner not working fine, not recognize my finger to many times.

All those issues, I do not have on LINEAGEOS and its really smooth.

Reactions: yolomonkey

yolomonkey

Nov 21, 2017
Great work man. Really love your work. I am having some issues. My WhatsApp, voice recorder and camera is not recording sound and I have granted all permissions but when I clear cache of WhatsApp and restart mobile,it records sound for first time then it doesn't. Kindly look into that matter.
Thanks again
Just switch off "listen to ok Google" in google assitant settings. Also make sure to disable it during driving. And then restart your phone. :)

yolomonkey

Nov 21, 2017
THIS ROM is really unstable, laggy and not working fine compared now to the LINEAGEOS17 ''official build''

I tried to use the Pixel-Extended, but to much not working fine, laggy, slow not working fine at all.

I don't know why that's happening for you, I've been using this on my main phone for months. It's not laggy or buggy. The flashing LED is a problem for me too. Needs fixing. Even the battery. The OS allows you to go below 0 which is not good for the battery.

I think both can be solved with a patched kernel

vpaulve

Sep 26, 2010
Hello, I would like to know how I can downgrade from Android 11 to Android 10 since I tried to do it in recovery and it presents problems in the / system partition. Thank you.

yolomonkey

Nov 21, 2017
Hello, I would like to know how I can downgrade from Android 11 to Android 10 since I tried to do it in recovery and it presents problems in the / system partition. Thank you.

I'm assuming you mean downgrading from Pixel Extended (Android 11) to Pixel Experience (Android 10).
If you already have a nandroid backup, just clear
/System
/Data
/Cache
And then use your recovery to restore your backup.

If you don't have a backup, download whichever Android 10 ROM you want (for tulip) and then clear the same partitions(system, data, cache). Then flash your new ROM. First boot will take a while

yolomonkey

Nov 21, 2017
Will this ROM improve the performance, or, for this objective, i should look just for a new kernel?

Stock ROM (MIUI) is perfect with the stock kernel. It has optimum performance. But also has a lot of bloatware. Pixel Extended does not have any bloatware so increases performance but needs a few tweaks.

I've been using this ROM with stock kernel and I don't have any issues. Performance wise you'll definitely prefer this ROM. It's much cleaner too :)

maanudaata

Jan 1, 2021
Hi, really enjoying this rom but vibration is not working and other thing is that when playing video on many apps like snapchat,tiktok or youtube,app freeze and then after thirty seconds it unfreeze and I get message that app ki not reponding.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

likQDEZ.png

PixelExtended ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro[tulip]

What is this?
    PixelExtended ROM (or PEX for short), We are Combining Pixel Goodies with some essential features you were missing in Pixel Experience, delivering a ROM that promise you stabilty and being feature-rich at the same time . TBH this ROM will keep it's Pixel' idea intact and won't be bloat with unwanted features .

Our mission is to offer the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device

Based on Android 11 (R)

Whats working?
    Wifi
    RIL
    Mobile data
    GPS
    Camera
    Flashlight
    Camcorder
    Bluetooth
    Fingerprint reader
    Lights
    Sound / vibration

Known issues
    Night light

Features That are Available At the Moment
    This Is very Initial Build Of Android 11 (Stock) , some features will be adapted in near future .

DON'T FLASH GAPPS, THEY'RE ALREADY INCLUDED
    Download from Sourceforge Host

Donate
    Liked my work? Give me a beer

Stay tuned
    Device Support Group

Just switch off "listen to ok Google" in google assitant settings. Also make sure to disable it during driving. And then restart your phone. :)
    Love you ❤.. It worked 🙂